Debate Skill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Not specifically directed at anybody. Am I the only one that seems to be good at debating on some sites and then terrible at it on others? On the SW pages I follow on Facebook I'm generally considered one of the most knowledgeable/best debaters on those pages. But here I can't seem to debate for shit, lol. Anybody else have that problem?

Fated Xtasy
Ehh. Depends on how knowledge people on Facebook are.

Here everyone knows everything, for the most part anyway.

darthbane77
Most of the people I know on FB know their shit, some of them don't though. I dunno, maybe it's just being more comfortably on X site than Y site.

Fated Xtasy
Maybe.

Tbh I'm not one the best debaters, but I'm more competent than most on here or CV. But I hate the **** out of CV's format. So I'm able to maintain and respond at a faster rate on here than I would on CV. So you're probably right being comfortable does factor in

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by darthbane77
Not specifically directed at anybody. Am I the only one that seems to be good at debating on some sites and then terrible at it on others? On the SW pages I follow on Facebook I'm generally considered one of the most knowledgeable/best debaters on those pages. But here I can't seem to debate for shit, lol. Anybody else have that problem?

Same thing for me. I can't debate for sh!t in a live chat. I get tongue twisted and I latch onto ridiculously stupid points and refuse to back down for fear of giving ground. In general I can't articulate what I'm trying to say at all and am incapable of thinking logically in a live chat. Some of my most embarrassing debating moments have come about via live debates which is why I generally try to forgo them.

Zenwolf
There's debating on here? News to me.

UCanShootMyNova
Better then CV honestly.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Maybe.

Tbh I'm not one the best debaters, but I'm more competent than most on here or CV. But I hate the **** out of CV's format. So I'm able to maintain and respond at a faster rate on here than I would on CV. So you're probably right being comfortable does factor in Yeah. CV's format is kind of meh imo, I used to like it a lot; but then I came over here and found it to be much easier to use/understand.

darthbane77
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Same thing for me. I can't debate for sh!t in a live chat. I get tongue twisted and I latch onto ridiculously stupid points and refuse to back down for fear of giving ground. In general I can't articulate what I'm trying to say at all and am incapable of thinking logically in a live chat. Some of my most embarrassing debating moments have come about via live debates which is why I generally try to forgo them. Yeah I can't debate in person either. You probably understand where I'm coming from too though, you've seen me debate on FB before vs here. It's like all my skill goes out the window when I'm here lol.

The Ellimist
It might sort of be like how people are more comfortable in some social situations than others.

darthbane77
Yeah, that's definitely a big part of it.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Zenwolf
There's debating on here? News to me. smile

Emperordmb
But why Beni! Of course there's debating here!

The complete demolishing of Shaak's performance against Galen in that Ti/Ventress thread is ample proof smile

Beniboybling
thumb up

Emperordmb
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Same thing for me. I can't debate for sh!t in a live chat. I get tongue twisted and I latch onto ridiculously stupid points and refuse to back down for fear of giving ground. In general I can't articulate what I'm trying to say at all and am incapable of thinking logically in a live chat. Some of my most embarrassing debating moments have come about via live debates which is why I generally try to forgo them.
STOP WATCHING CHILDREN GROW IN THEIR AREAS AND DO YOUR ****ING WORK BILLY

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
But why Beni! Of course there's debating here!

The complete demolishing of Shaak's performance against Galen in that Ti/Ventress thread is ample proof smile

Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me, DMB. smile

Anyways... It depends on the knowledge of the forum, or the debating style of the forum.

Like Bantha, I and another dude swarmed the Spacebattle forums where anything we said was wrong because they couldn't use math and physics to explain it... They prefer fan calcs over canonical evidence because... sh!t if I know.

DarthDuelist9
I fee that KMC is easier to respond while CV is better for a serious debate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.