Can something be a focal point of dark side energy and not be a nexus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
Yes or no? Discuss.

Geistalt
Not unless it's being expressly used for something.

MythLord
Yes, yes it can. Savage was sending ripples through the galaxy through his rage, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly a nexus.

SunRazer
That doesn't make Savage a focal point of the dark side, though.

MythLord
I'd assume it does, since he's essentially pulling a Reborn Krayt.

Azronger
That just means you could sense his rage, not that he was a focal point, or a concentration of Force energy.

MythLord
No, this wasn't sensing rage, this was literally Savage sending ripples through the Force.

Azronger
Well, that happens quite often. That doesn't necessarily mean he was a focal point. The way the Jedi Council spoke about it in TPM, it was a pretty rare thing in a person.

UCanShootMyNova
Sure.

Exar Kun and Sdiisous were and we know sentiments can't be nexuses themselves though they can cause them.

DarthAnt66
Individuals can be nexus'. erm

UCanShootMyNova
Um, no. Lol.

They can appear to be nexuses but they don't actually passively amp people around them.

And don't bother with the Vader quote I've already seen it.

DarthAnt66
Yes they do?

DarthAnt66
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLNkHNmWcAAaniQ.jpg

UCanShootMyNova
I already mentioned that individuals can seem to be nexuses and I was referring to the exact quote you posted as your second example. Regardless of if its an individual or place giving off a Darkside aura you wouldn't be able to tell unless you were actually under the effects of a nexus.

As for the first - Nexus: the central and most important point or place.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Yes they do?

No, they don't.

DarthAnt66
What the hell are you talking about, lmfao?

A passive amp shouldn't be expected because the full nexus is contained within the body. Passive amps are generally when a broad nexus, like a planet, amps an individual without them having to call upon the power since they are within the power. That being said, some individuals, like Revan, are so powerful that quotes have stated they passively amp those around them, presumably because their Force energy leaks and bleeds onto the environment.

UCanShootMyNova
Then they don't function like a normal nexus.

Quote?

DarthAnt66
No, it's just a nexus confined to a specific location (i.e. the body of a person). It's not different from nexus' locked between walls, etc.

"The Revan was here yesterday. It is a gift to be in the presence. I felt the Force - it travels below your skin, strait to the heart, lungs, the gut. A warmth and a chill."

UCanShootMyNova
It's different in that the person is sentient and that they don't just passively amp someone like a planet or nexus.

Was that a force user or a non force user? Because if it was a force user feeling his presence is nothing special.

DarthAnt66
Do you read what I type? They don't because the nexus is confined, not because the nexus is different. The temples on Yavin IV, which are nexus', also confine the dark side energies. Meaning if you are near it but not inside it, you aren't passively amped. Same applies for the body. There's no distinction.

Non-Force sensitive slave.

UCanShootMyNova

DarthAnt66
The point of the quote was that Revan passively amped a non-Force sensitive to the point where he could feel the Force. Note that non-Force sensitives otherwise can't feel the Force - to feel it is indication of an affinity for the Force.

UCanShootMyNova
I just reread our conversation. Are we actually even disagreeing here?

Like, I mean, I don't care how you interpret a Force user or what you call them. I'm just saying a Force user doesn't passively amp another being unless they will it.

Edit: Ninja'ed.

UCanShootMyNova
The point of the quote was that Revan passively amped a non-Force sensitive to the point where he could feel the Force. Note that non-Force sensitives otherwise can't feel the Force - to feel it is indication of an affinity for the Force.

Who said Revan was doing it passively?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Who said Revan was doing it passively?
The quote read that Revan's presence was the source of the sensation, not Revan's action.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I'm just saying a Force user doesn't passively amp another being unless they will it.
Obviously not, based on the Revan quote.

UCanShootMyNova
It doesn't attribute it to his presence. It says he was there and then he felt it.

DarthAnt66
"It is a gift to be in the presence."

UCanShootMyNova
Obviously not, based on the Revan quote.

But your claiming it does?! Or at least that's really what it looks like from this "Revan passively allows non force sensitives to feel his presence" stuff.

DarthAnt66
You're not making any sense to me.

UCanShootMyNova

http://i.imgur.com/gjxLlLl.jpg

DarthAnt66
thumb up Concession accepted.

UCanShootMyNova

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or not anymore.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up Concession accepted.

Did you just concede to yourself?

DarthAnt66
I'm fairly certain we've been over how quoting yourself works in another thread.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm fairly certain nobody's pompous enough to do that except for you.

DarthAnt66
Not sure why. I generally find other posts by me to be the most inspiring, enlightening, and deserving of being quoted.

UCanShootMyNova

But in all seriousness. It notes that Revan's present in the area but it doesn't say that it's his presence causing it. I mean the quote itself from third person doesn't say that.

The slave guy is saying that but how the hell would he know. He's a non force sensitive slave.

UCanShootMyNova
Not sure why. I generally find other posts by me to be the most inspiring, enlightening, and deserving of being quoted.

Because your pompous and have a higher opinion of yourself then most people.

Darth Abonis
In legends, a crystal

DarthAnt66
Actually, yeah. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.