ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-Out

The Ellimist
Luke sweeps, or he might lose sabers.

MythLord
I can see a case being made for either taking it, tbh.

McP
Obi-Wan. Fully trained Jedi Master in his prime, more experienced. Ben would be more fair challange for Luke.

The Ellimist
Yeah Luke might not be able to power through Kenobi's defenses, not when Vader couldn't.

UCanShootMyNova
Either way.

GM Yoda
Obi Wan-shots big grin

Azronger
Luke in all.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Either way.

relentless1
Obi Wan sweeps, Luke is nowhere near a fully trained Jedi Master level in ROTJ, he only was able to contend with Vader because Vader was holding back.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
Luke is nowhere near a fully trained Jedi Master level in ROTJ,

He doesn't need to be though given he has far more potential and raw power than Obi-Wan.

Jmanghan
Obi Wan sweeps, Luke is nowhere near a fully trained Jedi Master level in ROTJ, he only was able to contend with Vader because Vader was holding back. Thats not confirmed.

In fact, the opposite is claimed, saying that Luke and Vader are equals as of ROTJ.

relentless1
watch the movie guys, Movie statements > statements anywhere else. Yoda flat out says that Luke training was incomplete and that he's not ready to face Vader.

Geistalt
watch the movie guys, Movie statements > statements anywhere else. Yoda flat out says that Luke training was incomplete and that he's not ready to face Vader. And feats > statements.

RHaggis
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Either way.

Geistalt
Anyways, according to the EU (the continuity we're debating over), which did show that Vader was at his all-time high, giving his full effort, Luke still won regardless, because he was just that powerful/potent.

DarthAnt66
Kenobi in all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He doesn't need to be though given he has far more potential and raw power than Obi-Wan. You only care about power and seem to gloss over skill and experience as if they don't matter. You're lost.

Geistalt
Originally posted by quanchi112
You only care about power and seem to gloss over skill and experience as if they don't matter. You're lost. I'm not arguing on his behalf, and it's not as if that's the only thing that matters to me, but it is the main reason Luke won.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Geistalt
I'm not arguing on his behalf, and it's not as if that's the only thing that matters to me, but it is the main reason Luke won. Vader's lack of mobility and being out of his prime also mattered.

Jmanghan
watch the movie guys, Movie statements > statements anywhere else. Yoda flat out says that Luke training was incomplete and that he's not ready to face Vader. ...In ESB.

In ROTJ, Ben and Yoda push Luke to fight Vader.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jmanghan
...In ESB.

To be fair though neither of them said "right now". Just that this was his Ultimate mission. Since Yoda was dying, and Ben's communication with Luke were few and far between, it was important for them to tell him that.

Fact is though, as of ROTJ, there's no way Luke could have taken a Vader going all out with his TK.

relentless1
^ exactly

relentless1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
...In ESB.

Luke: unfortunate that I know the truth?

Yoda: no, unfortunate that you rush to face him...that not complete was your training!

- Return of the Jedi

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
To be fair though neither of them said "right now". Just that this was his Ultimate mission. Since Yoda was dying, and Ben's communication with Luke were few and far between, it was important for them to tell him that.

Fact is though, as of ROTJ, there's no way Luke could have taken a Vader going all out with his TK. You never know what the facts are that's always been your biggest problem.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.