Strength to Strength: Darkseid vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
By feats only, and regular versions of both characters, no amps applied. Who is the stronger?

Opinions...........

riv6672
Thanos.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by riv6672
Thanos.

THIS FOOL!!!

golem370
Thanos might be stronger but he doesn't have any lifting feats

apex_pretador
Thanos by far.

riv6672
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos might be stronger but he doesn't have any lifting feats

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11120/111205162/5082785-10b8c7.jpg

CosmicComet
Thanos would get annihilated by a sun-amped Superman--or even a regular one that stops holding back.

So Darkseid, easily.

riv6672
^^^Well, those opinions were presented VERY confidently! I'm sold...stick out tongue

Insane Titan
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Thanos would get annihilated by a sun-amped Superman--or even a regular one that stops holding back.

So Darkseid, easily. haha, this noob.

abhilegend
Darkseid

riv6672
Odd that you'd pick a DC character...angel

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

tkitna
Thanos

golem370
Thanos had a stalemte with Depowered Tyrant in the strength department went toe to toe with Thor with the power gem.

quanchi112
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Thanos is much stronger.

staxamillion
thanos

riv6672
Originally posted by golem370
Thanos had a stalemte with Depowered Tyrant in the strength department went toe to toe with Thor with the power gem.
Didnt know about the Thor feat. Nice.

apex_pretador
Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt know about the Thor feat. Nice. And you might also not know that Thor was fully bloodlusted and far more powerful compared to his average levels even before getting the gem.

riv6672
Blood lusted. K.

abhilegend
Originally posted by apex_pretador
And you might also not know that Thor was fully bloodlusted and far more powerful compared to his average levels even before getting the gem.
That's rubbish. He wasn't holding back and had an adrenaline boost.

Even with the gem, he wasn't as strong as you're claiming to be.

And Darkseid has manhandled Orion and Superman like nothing. That's above the paygrade of Thanos.

Insane Titan
Yeah Thanos is stronger.

Thanos holds his own about a bloodlusted power gem Thor who's strength was growing by the minute.

Normal Thor gives Superman the fight of his life, the same Superman Darksied can't handle regularly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
That's rubbish. He wasn't holding back and had an adrenaline boost.

Even with the gem, he wasn't as strong as you're claiming to be.

And Darkseid has manhandled Orion and Superman like nothing. That's above the paygrade of Thanos. False.

Darkseid has tapped out against Superman. Orion ripped through his chest. Raker humiliated him one on one. Thanos takes on Odin. Darkseid can't even take on Doomsday.

laughing out loud

dmills
Just my conjecture but there isn't a single writer on Earth that would ever have Superman look good in an altercation with Thanos. Not even DC ones. I think portrayal has to count for something here.

StiltmanFTW
Dmills http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon12.gif

Welcome back, bro.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
Just my conjecture but there isn't a single writer on Earth that would ever have Superman look good in an altercation with Thanos. Not even DC ones. I think portrayal has to count for something here.
There isn't a writer who would made Thanos look superior to Superman in strength just like they do against Hulk. Even Starlin respects Superman so much.

You are simply not aware of the reputation of the character if you think no writer will allow Superman to beat the ****ing shit out of Thanos if say universe was in danger. Pit him against Grant Morrison or Joe Casey's Superman and see what happens.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Yeah Thanos is stronger.

Thanos holds his own about a bloodlusted power gem Thor who's strength was growing by the minute.

And Regular Thor was stated to be a tough fight for Thanos in the very same issue. Thanos was on the losing end anyway.

Normal Thor can give Thanos a fight too.

Superman has a clean victory against Thor. Thanos still doesn't.

h1a8
Darkseid is easily stronger. He's portrayed either peers or above Superman every time. Superman is stronger than Thanos.

TheHulkster
And Regular Thor was stated to be a tough fight for Thanos in the very same issue. Thanos was on the losing end anyway.

Superman has a clean victory against Thor. Thanos still doesn't.

Dude..

http://oi58.tinypic.com/24noa6p.jpg

TheHulkster
Originally posted by quanchi112
False.

Darkseid has tapped out against Superman. Orion ripped through his chest. Raker humiliated him one on one. Thanos takes on Odin. Darkseid can't even take on Doomsday.

laughing out loud

Truth!

abhilegend
Originally posted by TheHulkster
Dude..

http://oi58.tinypic.com/24noa6p.jpg
Thor was never shown to be koed there.Originally posted by TheHulkster
Truth!
The same Thanos who gets his shit pushed in by Ultimates? Who can't even beat the current Drax in a fist fight?

That Thanos?

riv6672
Yeah, that guy. He's stronger.

dmills
There isn't a writer who would made Thanos look superior to Superman in strength just like they do against Hulk. Even Starlin respects Superman so much.

You are simply not aware of the reputation of the character if you think no writer will allow Superman to beat the ****ing shit out of Thanos if say universe was in danger. Pit him against Grant Morrison or Joe Casey's Superman and see what happens.

Casey or Morrison would have Thanos beat the dog shit out of Superman just like every other writer on Earth. That's what would happen. Don't @ me.

riv6672
^^^Yeah they would; that'd be just like them.

abhilegend
Casey or Morrison would have Thanos beat the dog shit out of Superman. That's what would happen. Don't @ me.
Haha, no. Thanos isn't that big of a deal outside Starlin's writing. This happened just recently.

http://i.imgur.com/GyjFMmxh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0rSgNYGh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/K85z3UEh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/8KkaUyph.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gxzlPNOh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2NSu10Th.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YNueRZOh.jpg

They gangbanged him like a two bit whore.

I don't even have to bring high end Superman feats like ripping Doomsday in half or shit like that. Don't be grumpy, we are not talking about Dick Rider or Silver Eunuch here.

dmills
Thanosi

abhilegend
Thanosi
That's Waid writing Ka-zar beating the everloving shit out of Thanos.

Imagine Waid writing Thanos vs Superman, Superman would probably knock him out by his pinky finger.

dmills
Thanos pops on the scene looking like Cable in 1991. Smh. Glad I haven't read a Marvel book in almost 3 years. Horrible writing.

iceman24567
That team had a few heavy hitters but damn Thanos got his ass beat

dmills
Who are those people?

Insane Titan

Superman has a clean victory against Thor. Thanos still doesn't. pity normal is never shown to be a tough fight for Thanos. Thanos had a bloody nose from PG Thor that's it, Superman was a knackered mess.

Thanos beat Thor and thing together in his weakest incarnation. And he had Thor beat easily in infinity but was saved by Thanes interference.

Insane Titan
Haha Abhi using g the Bendis Ultimates issue, yet ignores what happens in the other ultimates issue

dmills
What happened?

Insane Titan
What happened? they admit he'd kill them all if they continued fighting him as he was too powerful as he's beating them all down. So they whip up a plot device to subdue his mind.

All this happens in issue 12 iirc.

apex_pretador
So a super weakened Thanos who needs guns to fight against mid tiers? And bound by extreme PIS?

kay. Darkseid wins against this Thanos.

basilisk
they admit he'd kill them all if they continued fighting him as he was too powerful as he's beating them all down. So they whip up a plot device to subdue his mind.

All this happens in issue 12 iirc. True, the second fight BP and BM outsmarted him FTW (a good feat in itself) rather than beat him down. But it remains that in the first fight they were able to physically beat him down and KO him although one team member was killed in the process. Still, comprehensively beating Thanos twice, once physically and once by improvising and both pretty quickly, is impressive.

On the other hand Darkseid is hard to compare with all the inconsistencies under different writers and different versions, preboot etc. A while back I might have given Thanos an edge but these days maybe the other way.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by basilisk
True, the second fight BP and BM outsmarted him FTW (a good feat in itself) rather than beat him down. But it remains that in the first fight they were able to physically beat him down and KO him although one team member was killed in the process. Still, comprehensively beating Thanos twice, once physically and once by improvising and both pretty quickly, is impressive.

On the other hand Darkseid is hard to compare with all the inconsistencies under different writers and different versions, preboot etc. A while back I might have given Thanos an edge but these days maybe the other way. typical of you to ignore the fact they had the element of surprise the first time and for some reaso Thanos needed guns. Lol at comprehensively beating him twice.

In the second fight they were nothing physically to Thanos and needed a plot device that could only work once to win.

abhilegend
Thanos pops on the scene looking like Cable in 1991. Smh. Glad I haven't read a Marvel book in almost 3 years. Horrible writing. Originally posted by dmills
Who are those people?
Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Spectrum and Black Panther along with Inhumans. Originally posted by Insane Titan
pity normal is never shown to be a tough fight for Thanos. Thanos had a bloody nose from PG Thor that's it, Superman was a knackered mess.

Thanos beat Thor and thing together in his weakest incarnation. And he had Thor beat easily in infinity but was saved by Thanes interference.
Of course he has been.

Superman wasn't even bloody. And funny how you disregard Thor being stated as a tough fight for Thanos but take Superman's word on face value.

Not via strength. In fact they whooped his ass and he had to resort to energy attacks and Thor was conscious after several attacks.

Again not by raw strength. Thanos has never manhandled a top tier like Orion like this.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/TheLegion029-18.jpg

abhilegend
Haha Abhi using g the Bendis Ultimates issue, yet ignores what happens in the other ultimates issue
Different writers.

Cry more. Originally posted by apex_pretador
So a super weakened Thanos who needs guns to fight against mid tiers? And bound by extreme PIS?

kay. Darkseid wins against this Thanos.
Where is he stated to be weakened? In fact he prepped for that.

apex_pretador
Different writers.

Cry more.
Where is he stated to be weakened? In fact he prepped for that.
He prepped for guns?
A guy who preps for galactus and owns him in mere moments with his bombs, prepped for guns which can't even vaporize she hulk and war machine?
Seems legit.

And he was stated to be weakened by travelling through some portal.

Insane Titan
Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Spectrum and Black Panther along with Inhumans.
Of course he has been.

Superman wasn't even bloody. And funny how you disregard Thor being stated as a tough fight for Thanos but take Superman's word on face value.

Not via strength. In fact they whooped his ass and he had to resort to energy attacks and Thor was conscious after several attacks.

Again not by raw strength. Thanos has never manhandled a top tier like Orion like this.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/TheLegion029-18.jpg Superman was barely able to stand after the fight.

Pity Thor on his has not been shown to be actual fight for Thanos as infinity shows.

Haha whooped his ass, they knocked him over that's it. Thor was on his knees about to be finished by Thanos.

He mandated Lord Marvell with ease , and dismisses Hulk and Drax with a simple back hand when he's serious.

Insane Titan
Different writers.

Cry more.
Where is he stated to be weakened? In fact he prepped for that. same story following on from previous events.

Yeah you cry more if you think it helps your case.

dmills
My gawd this place hasn't changed one bit 😂

LordofBrooklyn
My gawd this place hasn't changed one bit 😂

You're right!

Richard Rider is STILL dead!

Insane Titan
My gawd this place hasn't changed one bit 😂 it has, it's got worse.

dmills
it has, it's got worse.

I will say that I could've sworn that if/when I ever returned here that some of the Superman phuckery would've been under control. It's seems worse than ever.

TheHulkster
I guess questions will be answered soon:

https://www.inverse.com/article/22519-marvel-thanos-infinity-wars-solo-comic

dmills

https://www.inverse.com/article/22519-marvel-thanos-infinity-wars-solo-comic

Holy shit is that The Champion?

TheHulkster
Holy shit is that The Champion?

That's what I was wondering.

-K-M-

TheHulkster
This is also not his first ongoing:

http://www.newsarama.com/31654-first-look-thanos-is-back-in-his-first-ongoing-series.html

dmills
Probably a poor use of wording in that description. If your brother (Eros) is your "offspring" then yeah, you do have some serious family drama going on there.

Insane Titan

https://www.inverse.com/article/22519-marvel-thanos-infinity-wars-solo-comic champion looks like Lobo there.

Estacado
Like the art on Thanos though..

apex_pretador
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
You're right!

Richard Rider is STILL dead!
Richard Rider was one cool character

LordofBrooklyn
Richard Rider was one cool character

He was but his greatest feat is that his death led to the collapse of the Nova Clan here at KMC!

apex_pretador
He was but his greatest feat is that his death led to the collapse of the Nova Clan here at KMC! Blame thanos

LordofBrooklyn
Blame thanos

No, for this SINGLE instance of destroying an enemy clan...

PRAISE THANOS!!!

apex_pretador
No, for this SINGLE instance of destroying an enemy clan...

PRAISE THANOS!!!
I'm a Thanos fan, so I praise him for all instances.

LordofBrooklyn
I'm a Thanos fan, so I praise him for all instances.

You've gone too far now!

thumb down

dmills
LOL

dmills
He was but his greatest feat is that his death led to the collapse of the Nova Clan here at KMC!

That feat goes to Brian Michael Bendis.

LordofBrooklyn
That feat goes to Brian Michael Bendis.

Nevertheless, Your clan is no more and The House Of El is TRIUMPHANT!!!

It is good to see you back though.

apex_pretador
That feat goes to Brian Michael Bendis. Bendis didn't write Thanos imperative. Did he?

You've gone too far now!

thumb down laughing laughing

dmills
Bendis didn't write Thanos imperative. Did he?

laughing laughing

No. But he wrote the clusterphuck of an explanation for what happened in the aftermath. That's what I was referring to

apex_pretador
No. But he wrote the clusterphuck of an explanation for what happened in the aftermath. That's what I was referring to
What was that?

iceman24567
All fail lies in Bendis

dmills
What was that?

In his guardians of the galaxy run. I forget which issue it was. Which says a lot because I used to be known as the Nova guy around here.

Rider got his arm chopped off by evil Cap's shield toss (which for some reason he couldn't heal). Then he said some shit about how he always wanted kids, got the cosmic cube and I guess he sent Starlord, Drax and Thanos back to 616 and then wished himself out of existence or some shit. Hot garbage.

carver9
Darkseid is stronger imo.

-Pr-
Thread is kind of borked, tbh.

Most "standard" versions of Darkseid people like to use, aren't even Darkseid. Do we use his true form? Or something else? He doesn't have as consistent a baseline as someone like Thanos, imo.

StiltmanFTW
And when he jobs again, he'll get a truer form... and so on laughing out loud

dmills
It's one of those deals like "Doombots" or "Thanosi"?

StiltmanFTW
Sorta similar, yeah. Just worse.

Desaad, avatars, non-true form, etc. Darkseid is the God of Excuses.

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And when he jobs again, he'll get a truer form... and so on laughing out loud

How else do you deal with stupid writers? Retcons have their uses.

quanchi112
Blue Marvel, Captain Marvel, Spectrum and Black Panther along with Inhumans.
Of course he has been.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/TheLegion029-18.jpg He has manhandled the Hulk better than this. laughing out loud

Read some Thanos, kid.

quanchi112
Dude..

http://oi58.tinypic.com/24noa6p.jpg Abhi lives in his own spandex colored world.

Facts always end him.

abhilegend
He prepped for guns?
A guy who preps for galactus and owns him in mere moments with his bombs, prepped for guns which can't even vaporize she hulk and war machine?
Seems legit.

And he was stated to be weakened by travelling through some portal.
Yes, why not.

No, he wasn't.

abhilegend
Superman was barely able to stand after the fight.

Because he actually beat Thor. Anyway, one fight with Thor isn't Superman's sole source of strength feats.

Just like Thor isn't Superman's toughest fight. But you accept it because it suits you.

Thanos was on his knees too about to be finished by Thor and Thing by that example.

I'll wait when he can actually KO Thor.

Mar-Vell has simply no strength feats to speak of. He backhanded them and they were not even knocked down.

Its a non feat.

quanchi112
Superman got his ass kicked by Thor. Thanos laughs him off. Abhi is lost. Superman was gangbanged by the avengers after he could barely stand. Poor abhi.

-Pr-
Guys, no crossovers, no bashing, please.

SquallX
Superman got his ass kicked by Thor. Thanos laughs him off. Abhi is lost. Superman was gangbanged by the avengers after he could barely stand. Poor abhi.

Why are you using a cross over fight to make a point? A point you're failing miserably at by the way. After all, you just admitted that Thor got beat by Kal in that fight. Then while he was weakened, the Avengers jump him.

You do know that was a bad example to use right?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Why are you using a cross over fight to make a point? A point you're failing miserably at by the way. After all, you just admitted that Thor got beat by Kal in that fight. Then while he was weakened, the Avengers jump him.

You do know that was a bad example to use right? It was being discussed. If you can't follow along within a thread maybe this is too difficult for you. So superman can't take more than Thor on without help. Thanos would crush him. He's small time.

dmills
Because he actually beat Thor. Anyway, one fight with Thor isn't Superman's sole source of strength feats.

Just like Thor isn't Superman's toughest fight. But you accept it because it suits you.

Thanos was on his knees too about to be finished by Thor and Thing by that example.

Mar-Vell has simply no strength feats to speak of. He backhanded them and they were not even knocked down.

Its a non feat.

Why is a KOing Thor the standard? All we need to know is that he tunes up high heralds quite often and stands and bangs with trans and sky fathers.

abhilegend
Why is a KOing Thor the standard? All we need to know is that he tunes up high heralds quite often and stands and bangs with trans and sky fathers.
You are literally describing Superman there.

thumb up

dmills
Lol you'd love that.

abhilegend
That's how Superman works. He is not a static character whose power level are set in stone.

Insane Titan

Its a non feat. Thanos has beat Thor. Because it's someone they've both faced to compare.

Superman knackered look said otherwise, unlike Thanos who was fine.

Haha, they couldn't even hurt him hitting him together.

It took superman shit loads of punches after a long fight to ko Thor. Thanos koed Thor in infinity after only a few punches.

Marvell energy amped punches through Novas full grav shields. His punch had no affect on Thanos

abhilegend
I'm bored with replying on the same argument over and over and pr has said no crossovers.

Good luck with your routine.

Darkseid is stronger.

Insane Titan
I'm bored with replying on the same argument over and over and pr has said no crossovers.

Darkseid is stronger. irony

***** made excuse

Nah Thanos is as proven.

basilisk
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thread is kind of borked, tbh.

Most "standard" versions of Darkseid people like to use, aren't even Darkseid. Do we use his true form? Or something else? He doesn't have as consistent a baseline as someone like Thanos, imo. I think this sums it up really. DS is difficult to pin down in a comparison like this.

quanchi112
You are literally describing Superman there.

thumb up False, since WW has taken him on despite amps and full out rage. He's a strength peer to Marvel. He's just a top tier like Thor. Thanos is the reason guys like superman need to join a team.

carver9
False, since WW has taken him on despite amps and full out rage. He's a strength peer to Marvel. He's just a top tier like Thor. Thanos is the reason guys like superman need to join a team.

thumb up thumb up

apex_pretador
In his guardians of the galaxy run. I forget which issue it was. Which says a lot because I used to be known as the Nova guy around here.

Rider got his arm chopped off by evil Cap's shield toss (which for some reason he couldn't heal). Then he said some shit about how he always wanted kids, got the cosmic cube and I guess he sent Starlord, Drax and Thanos back to 616 and then wished himself out of existence or some shit. Hot garbage.
That some ridiculous nonsense.

DarkSaint85
Do either of these two losers even have any lifting feats?

apex_pretador
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do either of these two losers even have any lifting feats?
Well, Thanos has and he isn't a loser.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do either of these two losers even have any lifting feats? Thanos is Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Darkseid is stronger.

Only DS isn't stronger, and nothing you presented says otherwise. Thanos and generally portrayed is villain that teams need to be formed to stop. That is his M.O. He's generally always portrayed as above the strong types like Thor or Hulk or Thing or the lot. He just casually deals with them.

I love how Abhi says Thanos hasn't beaten Thor straight up, when that is EXACTLY what he has done numerous times. He beat Thor and Thing easily. He later beat Thor in Infinity, and again easily. Stop trying to act like Thor wasn't KO'd and therefore Thanos didn't beat him. That is being blatantly disingenuous. Thanos treat Thor like a feeb. He literally took his lighting and asked for more. He casually caught his hammer strike as if it was nothing. Then tossed him aside like a mere nuisance. Yet somehow, Thanos didn't come across as more powerful? Right....

This thread belongs to thanos, and easily

abhilegend
You as usual know nothing about either character and are just speaking gibberish.

No, Thanos is not stronger. You are welcome to post scans and prove otherwise though. And Thanos hasn't beaten Thor via pure strength.

Juntai
Darkseid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.