Quotes for Dooku being stomped by Yoda?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Due to the conflicting nature of primary sources depicting the AotC fight, it's often easier to fall back on external sources and their descriptions of the fight. Only that doesn't appear to be much better. I've been told that there's an equal number of quotes suggesting that Dooku was stomped as there were of him holding his own.

So far, I've found these quotes for him holding his own, with the last quote being released after the Legends/Canon split (and thus being Canon):

And then there's the quotes about how Dooku was considered to be equal to Yoda by other Jedi, but of course we know that's not true (though it does suggest that they're comparable).

Can someone post all of the quotes for Dooku being stomped? I'd like to make a comparison.

MythLord
I don't think there is any. The closest thing that implies Yoda can stomp Dooku is Yoda: Dark Rendezvous.

SunRazer
I'm looking for tertiary quotes, not another fight that people will bring their subjective interpretations into.

If there's more quotes for Dooku holding his own than him being stomped, then the former wins. That's what this thread is for.

Beniboybling
Assuming the Official Star Wars Fact File is Canon, then it obviously takes precedence, but doesn't necessarily apply to Legends sources.

EDIT: Looks like that last quote is sourced from their Facebook page, if its not in the publication it's not Canon. uhuh

Azronger
There's this, but it doesn't necessarily confirm a stomp:

The count left Obi-Wan beaten and Anakin without his right arm, and may have killed them both if not for Yoda, who arrived and launched a whirlwind attack. Dooku barely escaped with his life.

-The New Essential Chronology

SunRazer
@Beni - I cited Legends sources predominately. Only the last one is Canon. And that one is apparently from #34. I guess they quoted it on their FB page?

SunRazer
Originally posted by Azronger
There's this, but it doesn't necessarily confirm a stomp:

The count left Obi-Wan beaten and Anakin without his right arm, and may have killed them both if not for Yoda, who arrived and launched a whirlwind attack. Dooku barely escaped with his life.

-The New Essential Chronology

That means that he almost died, which we all knew. Doesn't relate at all to whether or not he was stomped.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
@Beni - I cited Legends sources predominately. Only the last one is Canon. And that on is apparently from #34. I guess they quoted it on their FB page? It's possible but I'm gonna need confirmation.

On the topic of Legends though, where does the source material conflict on the fight?

SunRazer
I don't have it, so it'll have to be Wollf or somebody else who posts the scan for us to see.

As for Legends, I've never seen a quote saying that Yoda stomped. But apparently they exist, and in equal number to the quotes that suggest that Dooku held his own. I'm trying to find them.

Beniboybling
I was talking about the novels specifically, I'm pretty sure they are all unanimous in depicting Dooku as totally outmatched, and personally, I feel that takes precedence over tertiary quotes.

SunRazer
The film and the adult novel depict Dooku holding his own. The comic/script does depict Dooku getting hammered, though not necessarily stomped. The amount of tertiary quotes in Dooku's favor suggests that this might just be our interpretation and that it's not viewed that way by SW authors. The junior novel has Yoda fighting only defensively and Dooku not being able to get through such a defense. Although I believe that's the extent of Yoda "holding back", as opposed to withholding skill. So Dooku's outmatched, but capable of holding his own.

Darth Thor
It's the novel, script and comic that portray the fight as very one sided.

Whereas the film itself has Yoda clearly holding back but still easily holding his own in the Force battle, and the end line by Yoda + Dooku running suggests Yoda was the solid winner in the Saber fight.

So given those primary sources it doesn't really matter what quotes other sources give IMO. Similar to the quotes concerning the Yoda vs Sidious fight suggesting Sidious was the clear superior. I ignore them as well given what the movie shows.

SunRazer
One-sided doesn't mean it's a stomp, only that Dooku has no chance of victory. Which is obvious and which doesn't preclude the notion of him holding his own.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.