Would you use a generic accolade in a respect thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
Example: "Obi-Wan Kenobi was fast, and strong."

Me and Myth seem to disagree on what can and can't be used in a respect thread.

Just to note, this is not an attack against him, just wondering what you guys think.

DarthAnt66
Depends on the character. For Kenobi, no. For someone like Bandon, yeah.

Zenwolf
Depends on the RT I would think.

The Merchant
No. Like no offense to some peeps on here but in some RT several things that basically say the same thing are repeated and what the quotes consist of usually are things like "This Sith unleashed force lightning that was powerful"

JKBart
Such an accolade is completely useless. Okay, guy X is fast. How fast exactly? If he can dodge a snowball, he is fast imo. This is some kind of speed. It definitely says you are fast, it definitely doesn't say you're slow.

Boba Fett is insanely absurdly fast. His speed is superhuman, he is above normal peak human; saying he is insanely fast is legitimate, this is insane, to be above peak capacity of a human being. He still doesn't hold 0,1% chance of matching Kenobi's speed.

Such a thing is useless and worthless; like the example above, any Force Lightning is powerful. It can sure damage something.

If, say, Han Solo says in a novel "damn, this guy's fast" - it's worth something. For somebody to be considered fast by Han, he has to be somewhat approachable, and knowing Han's speed we can say something about that.

UCanShootMyNova
Yeah. RT's are there to detail a character's ability.

Jmanghan
The quote in question was about King Adas.

It said that he was good in H2H combat.

MythLord
I mean, for a character so hyped up and physically strong, it makes sense he's a good H2H combatant. It goes without say, really.

cs_zoltan
Pretty much what Ant said. For minor shit characters who barely warrant a RT you should use everything to make the RT and actual thread, not just a paragraph.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
I mean, for a character so hyped up and physically strong, it makes sense he's a good H2H combatant. It goes without say, really. In my Adas thread, everyone was saying that Kenobi and Ahsoka could take him in H2H combat.

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
In my Adas thread, everyone was saying that Kenobi and Ahsoka could take him in H2H combat.

Ahsoka couldn't, but Kenobi definitely could. But that doesn't mean he's sh!t in H2H, lmao.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Ahsoka couldn't, but Kenobi definitely could. But that doesn't mean he's sh!t in H2H, lmao. Kenobi is shit in H2H.

cs_zoltan
Lmao

Jmanghan
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Lmao Dude Maul punched him and his ****ing head moved.

SunRazer
There's no can and can'ts. Put or omit whatever you want in your thread.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This.

@Wollf Why are you so sure that Kenobi could.

Nephthys

thumb up

Seems you've learned your lesson.

Emperordmb
"Revan called his lightsaber to his hand on a Dark Side nexus" is still my favorite feat in an RT ngl

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
"Revan called his lightsaber to his hand on a Dark Side nexus" is still my favorite feat in an RT ngl

Plagueis breaking a branch doe?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's not there anymore.

Trocity
You mean like this?

'Kyle Katarn is a fit-looking man:

"Actually, they are his concern," Kyle Katarn said. He was still a slim and fit-looking man;'

Fated Xtasy
Ugh. My RT does more justice to Katarn than that.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Plagueis breaking a branch doe?
The fact that Ant put "on a Dark Side nexus" seems like it's trying a bit harder to wank it, so that makes that one funnier.

UCanShootMyNova
It's not there anymore.

Only because you reached the character limit.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.