Gravity Challenge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
How far does the contestants make it below before falling to their knees?

Contestants

Deathstroke
Wolverine
Spiderman
Luke Cage
Thing
Colossus

10 times Earth Gravity
20 times Earth Gravity
50 times Earth Gravity
100 times Earth Gravity
200 times Earth Gravity
300 times Earth Gravity
350 times Earth Gravity
1000 times Earth Gravity

You have to remember EVERYTHING that's in play here.

Sin I AM
Depends. Is it immediate or progressive.

If its immediate deathstroke dies instantly

Logan and peter are next at about 10times earth gs. Only due to strength hf and bones

Cage drops just short of 20 and Colossus and Ben may hit twenty but it wouldn't be pleasant

carver9
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Depends. Is it immediate or progressive.

If its immediate deathstroke dies instantly

Logan and peter are next at about 10times earth gs. Only due to strength hf and bones

Cage drops just short of 20 and Colossus and Ben may hit twenty but it wouldn't be pleasant

Immediate.

You're a smart woman. You figured out that this is more than just outer layer durability. This impacts a person internally as well.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carver9
Immediate.

You're a smart woman. You figured out that this is more than just outer layer durability. This impacts a person internally as well.

Colossus SHOULD last longest since he doesn't have interal organs...no blood flow etc. But he couldn't turn back

Astner

krisblaze
Wolverine can heal through quite a bit.

It's dififcult to say how well Cage's organs could resist the g-forces.

Thor survived a couple of thousands times increase in his rematch with the stonemen, but iirc he was just suffering through the damages.

TethAdamTheRock
How far does the contestants make it below before falling to their knees?

Contestants

Deathstroke 2
Wolverine 3
Spiderman 10
Luke Cage 10
Thing 100
Colossus 100

Sin I AM
100 times is a huge stretch.

StiltmanFTW
Hasn't the Thing survived it, though? Against Doom.

K-Dog
Isn't colossus listed at 500 pounds in metal form? Take that times 1000 and that's 500,000 pounds, which is 250 tons. He should be able to easily support that as total body weight.

Flyattractor
And isn't Thing SOLID too? Like Colossus?

StiltmanFTW
Depends on the writer. But yeah, he's supposed to be.

Flyattractor
Yeah I put it up to a toss between Ben and Pitor lasting the longest. Like to see Logan HF after gravity literally pulls all the meat off his bones and smooshes it to a jelly.

Oh wait we have seen that cause CIS/PIS

carver9
Bump

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Colossus SHOULD last longest since he doesn't have interal organs...no blood flow etc. But he couldn't turn back

Colossus has organs, they're just metal like the rest of him.

Surtur
Lol@ the image of Deathstroke being exposed to gravity 1,000 times stronger than Earth's.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by -Pr-
Colossus has organs, they're just metal like the rest of him.

I thought he became a solid block of metal? Hence his arms being bent back with heat after Hulk pretzel'd them. Otherwise, If he still had bones I assume they'd be majorly broken in that scenario.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I thought he became a solid block of metal? Hence his arms being bent back with heat after Hulk pretzel'd them. Otherwise, If he still had bones I assume they'd be majorly broken in that scenario.

That's just indicative of the piss poor writing during that arc. I did the math, and there's far more mention of him having bones than being just a "block" as you said. There has been other mention of him being solid mind you, just not as many as him having actual insides, and it does tend to make more sense that he would have them.

Plus, he's had sex in metal form, so that would again imply organs and a circulatory system to go with having bones.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Deathstroke 10
Wolverine 20
Spiderman 100
Luke Cage 1000
Thing 1000
Colossus 1000

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Deathstroke 10
Wolverine 20
Spiderman 100
Luke Cage 1000
Thing 1000
Colossus 1000

I knew what you were going to say before entering the thread.

Prof. T.C McAbe
First, you don't know anything and playing the "i already knew" card is in your case just unbelievable.
Second, you don't agree?
Third, if Luke Cage weighst 100 kg with earths g, increasing it 1000 would result in a weight of 100.000 kg. I don't see a problem.
Fourth, Thor endured his bodyweight being increased by infinity.

Damborgson
Colossus or thing make it the farthest but it's hard to see them going past 100 times normal gravity.

carver9
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
First, you don't know anything and playing the "i already knew" card is in your case just unbelievable.
Second, you don't agree?
Third, if Luke Cage weighst 100 kg with earths g, increasing it 1000 would result in a weight of 100.000 kg. I don't see a problem.
Fourth, Thor endured his bodyweight being increased by infinity.

So you admit Thor has infinite strength?

Yes, I knew what you was going to say.

Yes, I think your entire post is wrong.

Prof. T.C McAbe

Yes, I think your entire post is wrong.
Go on and explain.
To help you a bit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-G_training

Surtur

Give me tomorrow's lottery numbers.

Damborgson
laughing out loud

carver9
Originally posted by Surtur
Give me tomorrow's lottery numbers.

Enjoy

cdtm
If you were any more transparent, you'd be invisible. laughing

All of them can take 1,000. Spidey and Slade took cl100 hits and took out cl100's stick out tongue

Flyattractor
It isn't his Visibility I have a prob with...it his AUDIBLE I find the most annoying...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.