You vs. The Zombie Scourge... Choose Your Weapon!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/saVKKjG.jpg

Just as the Walker outbreak reaches its crescendo in The Walking Dead-Universe, you are dropped right in the middle of Atlanta. You must pick one weapon... and one weapon only... To defend yourself from Walkers(and other people) for the rest of your life. Once you have chosen, your decision is final.

Weapon 01 - Michonne's Katanna:
http://i.imgur.com/IAtEiYr.jpg

*It keeps a razor-sharp edge indefinitely.

Weapon 02 - Daryl's Crossbow:
http://i.imgur.com/Opb19bg.jpg

*Unlimited arrows.

Weapon 03 - Negan's Bat (Lucille):
http://i.imgur.com/dVApC2s.jpg

*She cannot break.

Weapon 04 - Rick's Colt Python:
http://i.imgur.com/YXt9KKo.jpg

*You are allotted 30 bullets per day. There is no 'rollover' -- ie. you cannot stock more bullets than your daily allotment.

Weapon 05 - Glenn's Riot Gear:
http://i.imgur.com/UnUkg2R.jpg

*Full set of armor + Riot Shield. Nothing else.

STIPS:
*Again: You cannot use ANY other manner of weapon for offensive or defensive purposes, ever -- not even a rock off the ground.
*If you make it out of Atlanta alive, you then have to survive as long as you can with the weapon you have selected.

What is your choice? evil face

StiltmanFTW
Smh. No classics like Rick's axe or Tyreese's hammer. I miss those.

I'd pick the riot gear, I think.

Galan007
^ So you're going with 'the best offense is a good defense'?

zopzop
I dont' watch the show so I have a question, how would the Zombies even infect you if you are in full riot gear? Their bites and scratches would never be able to penetrate the armor no?

carver9
If you get overwhelmed, it probably could.

iceman24567
If its survival the riot gear is the most efficient imo

Galan007
Exactly. If dozens of Walkers swarm you, they will dig, scratch, pull, and bite until *something* gives. Eventually they could pull off your helmet or an arm guard, for example.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
^ So you're going with 'the best offense is a good defense'?

Yes. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be much good against the living...

Originally posted by zopzop
I dont' watch the show so I have a question, how would the Zombies even infect you if you are in full riot gear? Their bites and scratches would never be able to penetrate the armor no?

Canonically, only bites have been proven lethal.

Governor's armored corpse still did get ripped to pieces, so it's better not to get surrounded by too many.

zopzop
Wow, screw that then. Give me the crossbow with unlimited arrows.

StiltmanFTW
You'd need a lot of practice with that, though. And it's easy to mess it up... imagine if the scope got broken off, for example.

SquallX
Am pretty good with an AR, anything 150 meters or less am hitting it. So a hand gun shouldn't be any problem. The problem is the noise. But i should be good unless i just gun blazing.

Flyattractor
Toss up between the Sword or the Bat. Only 30 shot a day,,,you can use up 30 shots pretty darn quick, and a crossbow is not a good weapon when surrounded. To slow on the reload. The Riot Gear would be good for when on the run but even if you get knocked down and the Zomz can't bite thru it they won't get bored and give up unless distracted off.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Canonically, only bites have been proven lethal. The strong implication is that scratches/cuts *can* infect you -- even in the comic-verse:
http://i.imgur.com/3QONPcm.jpg

You'd need a lot of practice with that, though. And it's easy to mess it up... imagine if the scope got broken off, for example. Not to mention the reload time...

Originally posted by SquallX
Am pretty good with an AR, anything 150 meters or less am hitting it. So a hand gun shouldn't be any problem. The problem is the noise. But i should be good unless i just gun blazing. You fire a gun in the middle of a Walker-infested major city, and you're going to be rapidly swarmed... You'd best have a surefire escape route in place beforehand.

Khazra Reborn
I'll take the riot gear. As long as you don't get stupid, that stuff will keep you in good shape indefinitely.

Galan007
*Forgot to mention this in the OP:

For the purposes of this thread, you cannot 'camouflage' yourself with Walkers.

Sin I AM
*Forgot to mention this in the OP:

For the purposes of this thread, you cannot 'camouflage' yourself with Walkers.

You're worse than kirkman u know that...im going with Lucille

Galan007
evillaugh

Galan007
Any particular reason(s) why you'd select Lucille, Sin?

zopzop
Wait, can our weapon break?

StiltmanFTW
Only Lucille is unbreakable in this thread.

Galan007
Originally posted by zopzop
Wait, can our weapon break? Lucille is the only 'unbreakable' item in this thread. That is to say: she won't break by hitting Walkers/people repeatedly, like she did in the latest issue of TWD.

That said, given the abuse the other weapons have endured in the comics/show, you'd have to be a complete idiot to break any of them.

Sin I AM
Any particular reason(s) why you'd select Lucille, Sin?

I know myself that's y. Im a melee fighter. So only the sword or bat would suit me. But there are other reasons. I'm near-sighted and require glasses and although Im not blind Im not a great shot at night. So that rules out the revolver. Also although Ricks sidearm has some serious stopping power it's way too loud. If you've ever shot a weapon in the dead of night you'd know you could be heard for miles. Not sure a single female in the ATL should be alerting the populace that's she's hanging out. The you have Darryls' bow, which is excellent but I'm only remotely familiar with it. I also don't have the arm strength to struggle with the draw weight. His bow looks like the draw strength ranges from 150 to 200. I'm not weak but I'm not in shape for that either. Plus like I said before I'm a lousy shot at night. In addition to that it's also heavy and rather unwieldy. Then there's the riot gear and sure...im confident in my survival skills to know that I could live a long time in that suit but what's the fun in being in a Zombie Apocalypse without bashing a few skulls,

So that leaves Lucille and the sword. The sword is cool but unrealistic..a zombie has no nervouse system. If I stab a zombie in the chest its gonna keep coming forward till it reaches the hilt then bye bye Sin. Id rather have a spear than a sword personally but you gave a short list.

Moving on the only intelligent answer is Lucille. Blunt force to the skull it the fastest most effective way to drop the undead. Anyone who chooses otherwise would meet their end.

Good thread though

Galan007
Thanks for the detailed response -- you put a lot of thought into it. thumb up

I intentionally kept the list short. I only wanted one slicing weapon, one blunt weapon, one firearm, etc. for you guys to choose from. That way everyone's selection had to be concise from the get-go.

Flyattractor
Does the sword keep its Anime Magical Cut thru Anything power like it does on the show?

Sin I AM
Thanks for the detailed response -- you put a lot of thought into it. thumb up

I intentionally kept the list short. I only wanted one slicing weapon, one blunt weapon, one firearm, etc. for you guys to choose from. That way everyone's selection had to be concise from the get-go.

No problem. I'm a zombie fanatic so I love chatting about the genre. One thing that could help alleviate the lack of body armor is heavy denim or leather. It may not be as efficient as riot gear but a lone Roamer isn't biting through that.

I kinda wish you didn't limit it to Walking Dead either. I was discussing a scenario with a friend about World War Z zombies who seem like light speedsters and those more lifelike ones from I Am Legend which displayed intelligence but hated sunlight. Could add for some tricky (yet fun) scenarios.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Does the sword keep its Anime Magical Cut thru Anything power like it does on the show?

in Michonnes defense she always (generally) uses her sword to decapitate..which I wouldn't suspect is hard since their bones should be rather brittle and she's proficient with it. the average joe though would probably get it stuck somewhere no matter how sharp it is

Flyattractor
But this is silly TV Logic/Reality we talking bout. In those all swords are LIGHTSABERS!

Sin I AM
But this is silly TV Logic/Reality we talking bout. In those all swords are LIGHTSABERS!

it's actually not that far from reality. Swords are great weapons for beheading. Back in olden times it was a measure of skill to a smithy who could produce a blade capable of decapitation in one stroke. Katanas are good because the top of the line ones are made with the best steal and are hand forged. A good two handed European sword would do the trick easily as well. Also mind you Zombies aren't as durable a people..no healty tissue or layers of subcutaneous fat. just dead tissue and brittle bones

Khazra Reborn
I thought katanas are made with shat metal, hence why they need to be folded so many times when they're being forged.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Sin I AM
it's actually not that far from reality. Swords are great weapons for beheading. Back in olden times it was a measure of skill to a smithy who could produce a blade capable of decapitation in one stroke. Katanas are good because the top of the line ones are made with the best steal and are hand forged. A good two handed European sword would do the trick easily as well. Also mind you Zombies aren't as durable a people..no healty tissue or layers of subcutaneous fat. just dead tissue and brittle bones Yeah but i rather have a Katana about half the weight of greatsword or longsword so you can preserve some stamina

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I thought katanas are made with shat metal, hence why they need to be folded so many times when they're being forged.

isn't shat metal steel?

Khazra Reborn
I have no idea. I just thought the metal was considered poor quality compared to what most European blacksmiths used at the time. Hence, the folding.

Not that it matters at any rate, I don't want to derail the thread.

Sin I AM
I have no idea. I just thought the metal was considered poor quality compared to what most European blacksmiths used at the time. Hence, the folding.

well the process is different in order to make the blade curved. but steel is steel I suppose

TheLordofMurder
http://i.imgur.com/saVKKjG.jpg

Just as the Walker outbreak reaches its crescendo in The Walking Dead-Universe, you are dropped right in the middle of Atlanta. You must pick one weapon... and one weapon only... To defend yourself from Walkers(and other people) for the rest of your life. Once you have chosen, your decision is final.

Weapon 01 - Michonne's Katanna:
http://i.imgur.com/IAtEiYr.jpg

*It keeps a razor-sharp edge indefinitely.

Weapon 02 - Daryl's Crossbow:
http://i.imgur.com/Opb19bg.jpg

*Unlimited arrows.

Weapon 03 - Negan's Bat (Lucille):
http://i.imgur.com/dVApC2s.jpg

*She cannot break.

Weapon 04 - Rick's Colt Python:
http://i.imgur.com/YXt9KKo.jpg

*You are allotted 30 bullets per day. There is no 'rollover' -- ie. you cannot stock more bullets than your daily allotment.

Weapon 05 - Glenn's Riot Gear:
http://i.imgur.com/UnUkg2R.jpg

*Full set of armor + Riot Shield. Nothing else.

STIPS:
*Again: You cannot use ANY other manner of weapon for offensive or defensive purposes, ever -- not even a rock off the ground.
*If you make it out of Atlanta alive, you then have to survive as long as you can with the weapon you have selected.

What is your choice? evil face

Tough choices...

I personally would absolutely avoid melee combat with a walker at all costs...

Just think about it; with there being no PIS, a single screw up dooms you...

If a walker moves a bit faster than you expect (or makes an unexpected lurch in close quarters combat), you get bitten or scratched...

As a result, I am taking Ricks gun...

It can be intimidating against the living and as long as my aim is good, I can take a walker out at a safe distance...

And it has the additional benefit of being much better than a crossbow against crowds and be concealed much easier than a crossbow...

marwash22
gimme dat revolver.

i wouldn't even waste the bullets on zombies. I'd straight up outrun them and melee it when necessary.

i need that colt for people.

DarkSaint85
Colt.

As soon as it starts, I commit suicide thumb up

But in all seriousness, Lucille. Swords require more finesse than people realise - there's a reason peasants in the middle ages used maces.

I can shoot fairly well, but not well enough to choose the ranged weapons.

The riot gear is good, but its heavy. And hot to wear. Sooner or later, I will get run down by zombies, and torn apart.

I'd still need a fair amount of force to slice necks/take off limbs, and that's assuming I swing at the joints correctly. Otherwise, hacking through bone is time consuming and energy consuming.

A bat is way easier. Plus, I can use it to bash through windows etc.

Galan007
Does the sword keep its Anime Magical Cut thru Anything power like it does on the show? These ARE the weapons from the comic/show.

I thought katanas are made with shat metal, hence why they need to be folded so many times when they're being forged. Japanese steel is considered top quality -- that's one of the reasons why the Samurai /w/ their Katanas were so dominate.

But tbf, we don't know what Michonne's Katana is composed of, so it doesn't really matter... /shrug

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Tough choices...

I personally would absolutely avoid melee combat with a walker at all costs...

Just think about it; with there being no PIS, a single screw up dooms you...

If a walker moves a bit faster than you expect (or makes an unexpected lurch in close quarters combat), you get bitten or scratched...

As a result, I am taking Ricks gun...

It can be intimidating against the living and as long as my aim is good, I can take a walker out at a safe distance...

And it has the additional benefit of being much better than a crossbow against crowds and be concealed much easier than a crossbow... You think 30 bullets a day would be enough to survive on indefinitely? I mean, if you run out, you're pretty much f*cked.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Colt.

As soon as it starts, I commit suicide thumb up

laughing out loud

Actually, that'd be probably the best thing to do...

Galan007
^ Lol. Spoken like a true beta...

http://i.imgur.com/RhnE3vo.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Ouch haermm

He still outlived Alpha stick out tongue

Galan007
Ouch haermm

He still outlived Alpha stick out tongue That's only because Negan is beyond Alpha-class. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Omega Level Survivor.

Galan007
http://i.imgur.com/kXJLGwt.jpg

thumb up

DarkSaint85
What would you choose, Gamma Galan?

darthgoober

Not at all. Japanese steel was far superior BECAUSE it was folded. If they'd wanted, they could have made swords like the Europeans did but they'd have had to sharpen them all over against after every major battle just as the Europeans did. It's not that the Europeans didn't need to fold the steel, it's just that they discovered the technique later than the Japanese did. Once they discovered the process they started doing it too.

well the process is different in order to make the blade curved. but steel is steel I suppose
Not really, the strength of steel can vary greatly depending on the amount of carbon it contains. This is especially true of steel swords from back in the day before they realized that fact.

DarkSaint85
Well, its a comic katana, and we get all the feats it has. So moot, I guess.

marwash22
You think 30 bullets a day would be enough to survive on indefinitely? I mean, if you run out, you're pretty much f*cked. how?

are you saying we can't use improvised weapons, like random blunt objects we come across in our travel?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by marwash22
how?

are you saying we can't use improvised weapons, like random blunt objects we come across in our travel?

Read the damn op.

We can't even use rocks, lol.

DarkSaint85
What if I threw geck at them?

StiltmanFTW
What if I threw geck at them?

Even carver's Hulk / abhi's Supes / Rage's Thor aren't strong enough to pick up gecko. Not to mention actually throwing him at somebody.

marwash22
Read the damn op.

We can't even use rocks, lol. ah, okay. didn't see the stips before.

still going with the colt.

I'd just book it. Running is all i do for exercise. No zombie horde is catching me. None of these dumb ass characters in the show have simply just run through a horde... most of the time when there are a lot of zombies in one place, they're spread out enough to where you can just quickly run through them before they can react.

the only problem i foresee is a large group of humans who have guns; even then, there's a good change i won't run into a Wolf/Terminus type crew who wants to kill/eat me.

Atlanta is hot af. All you fckers who chose that riot gear are gonna catch heat stroke and you'll be slowed down by the weight. Also, the hell is riot gear gonna do when humans are your enemy? Honestly, that's the worst choice.

All you katana and Lucille people are also fcked when you meet a group of humans with bad intentions.

Again, i'm not at all concerned about zombies, my worry is humans, and the gun is the best defense for people who wanna start some shit.

StyleTime
Very interesting thread. Unfortunately, I don't follow TWD. Based on my limited understanding, I'm leaning towards the revolver but could be swayed. I've peeped a few episodes, and it always seemed like you could avoid zombie confrontations most times. 30 bullets should be plenty unless you're trying to Rambo the hordes.

Even if you were, I don't see a bat/sword faring any differently. Bashing skulls repeatedly requires stamina, and it only gets worse when sick/injured(which let's face it, will happen eventually). I'd rather run like a b1tch, and have the gun as a back up. It would also work well vs the odd human opponent.

I am worried about the noise though. How much does making noise **** people over in the series? Guns are loud obviously.

DarkSaint85
It attracts more Zs, and other humans.

marwash22
^ the noise is only a problem if there are a fck ton of zombies around you in a small space you can't escape from.

also, the stips say we can't use any other weapons, it said nothing about using ingenuity. if the show has taught us anything, it's how to lead zombies away with car horns while you run the opposite direction.

DarkSaint85
Wait, so using geck as bait IS on the cards?

This changes everything.

StiltmanFTW
^ the noise is only a problem if there are a fck ton of zombies around you in a small space you can't escape from.

Actually, it proved problematic even in open areas. Obviously to a lesser extent than firing shots in a typical "zombie warehouse", but still.

marwash22
PIS doesn't effect me, bro.

StiltmanFTW
Not PIS, it was an on-panel explanation by Abraham on how the herds are made, more or less stick out tongue

One roamer hears the shot, the others follow him. You'd have to be on the move pretty much all the time, but then again it's the only way to survive without being a part of a strong community.

marwash22
Not PIS, it was an on-panel explanation by Abraham on how the herds are made, more or less stick out tongue

One roamer hears the shot, the others follow him. You'd have to be on the move pretty much all the time, but then again it's the only way to survive without being a part of a strong community. is it not stupidity to fire a shot and wait for zombies to come for you?

iceman24567
Well they would converge on the area where the shot was fired from every direction in a big city like Atlanta it would be unwise letting off shots

StiltmanFTW
They won't just stop moving after reaching the source of the noise, they'll keep roaming.

When you are on a supply run, marw, you'll need time to collect the shit you need.

DarkSaint85
What if mar fired, then ran 10 blocks away to start collecting supplies?

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

A plan worthy of a carvmaster. What if he met zombies 10 blocks away and fired again? lol

iceman24567
What if mar fired, then ran 10 blocks away to start collecting supplies? How would he know a huge mob isnt walking towards the noise from that direction?

DarkSaint85
Just wait for the Zs to congregate at the original firing point.

Of course, this means if for ANY reason he needed to fire again, he's outta luck. Because 10 blocks away, he has already created a mini herd. And he's prob out of breath from sprinting 10 blocks.

marwash22
They won't just stop moving after reaching the source of the noise, they'll keep roaming.

When you are on a supply run, marw, you'll need time to collect the shit you need. Supply run? lol.

I already said that I'm running. These aren't 'World War Z' zombies, they're slow af. I can outrun a horde, easily, or simply sneak around them.

My goal is to get the hell out of Atlanta. I'm not shooting at zombies, only people, and there aren't any people on the streets. Based on the show, all the people are hiding in buildings. I have no reason to go into any buildings.

iceman24567

Of course, this means if for ANY reason he needed to fire again, he's outta luck. Because 10 blocks away, he has already created a mini herd. And he's prob out of breath from sprinting 10 blocks. Well doing that solo is just playing at your luick

StiltmanFTW
Supply run? lol.

I already said that I'm running. These aren't 'World War Z' zombies, they're slow af. I can outrun a horde, easily, or simply sneak around them.

My goal is to get the hell out of Atlanta. I'm not shooting at zombies, only people, and there aren't any people on the streets. Based on the show, all the people are hiding in buildings. I have no reason to go into any buildings.

They're slow, but they're relentless and don't tire. Makes up for it.

marwash22
cool. cool. I think I'd be just fine.

they don't have a tracking device on me. Once they lose sight of me... i'm good.

StiltmanFTW
68BrauMLt_0

marwash22
stiltman, you should worry less about me and more about how you're gonna keep from passing out in that Atlanta heat while running away from Zombies and people because you have nothing to fight with but your bare hands.

StiltmanFTW
Have you had any training with handguns?

Estacado
The question is....
Who's gonna be the lucky one tonight?

Sin I AM
I say Maggie. That would be the shit

marwash22
lol. they're not gonna beat a pregnant woman to death on television. They don't have the balls. This ain't HBO.

StiltmanFTW
lol. they're not gonna beat a pregnant woman to death on television. They don't have the balls. This ain't HBO.

thumb up

And Maggie has a very important role later.

marwash22
Have you had any training with handguns? some. I've been to the range several times. I'm not a marksman, but i can put together a decent grouping. I can most certainly hit you in the chest from 10 yards 10/10 times.

Flyattractor

Actually firing a gun in a big town like HotLanta it can be rather difficult to tell EXACTLY which direction a loud noise comes from. What with all the tall buildings and such of sound to bounce off of. That and Zombis are literally BRAIN Dead so I really doubt they could PINPOINT where it came from. Fring the gun would just get them all riled up and confused.

deathslash
I'd have to go with michonne's katanna.

StiltmanFTW
You'd end up cutting your foreskin off.

Which is probably not a bad idea if it's diseased.

Sin I AM

Phuck that. I hope he drops her ass

Galan007

also, the stips say we can't use any other weapons, it said nothing about using ingenuity. if the show has taught us anything, it's how to lead zombies away with car horns while you run the opposite direction. *Some* Walkers will be attracted to that sound, but others will still see, and actively pursue you. It takes a very organized team consisting of *several* people, to effectively steer a horde of Walkers away.

marwash22
apparently a single gunshot will bring all the zombies to me, but a loud ass car alarm blaring continuously wont have the same effect.

m'kay.

also, why would i need several people to set off an alarm and then run the opposite direction? I'm not trying to steer the horde anywhere, just distract them.

Galan007
^ You've got to free your mind from the parameters of the show. thumb up

And again: you *would* distract some of them, but certainly not all of them. The one's you'd run past, for example, would obviously start pursuing you.

marwash22
^ You've got to free your mind from the parameters of the show. thumb up what do you mean?

The one's you'd run past, for example, would obviously start pursuing you. ...and all they'd be eating is my dust. smile

deathslash
You'd end up cutting your foreskin off.

Which is probably not a bad idea if it's diseased. laughing
I'd do just fine with a katanna. I've actually received a pretty good amount of training in martial arts and with swords (specifically traditional Japanese swords).

Badabing
Galan is 100% correct.

Galan007
I mean that the comic-verse doesn't have many of the ridiculous plot-points the show has... Especially concerning Walkers and such.

I think you're underestimating the sheer amount of Walkers you'd be dropped in the middle of. Can you outrun them? Yes. That said, they have unlimited stamina, you don't. Eventually, you *would* grow tired, and your path *would* be cut-off by them(or other would-be survivors)... Especially if your only plan is running balls-out while trying to conserve 30 bullets. /shrug

Galan007
Originally posted by Badabing
Galan is 100% correct. laughing out loud

marwash22
I mean that the comic-verse doesn't have many of the ridiculous plot-points the show has... Especially concerning Walkers and such.

I think you're underestimating the sheer amount of Walkers you'd be dropped in the middle of. Can you outrun them? Yes. That said, they have unlimited stamina, you don't. Eventually, you *would* grow tired, and your path *would* be cut-off by them(or other would-be survivors)... Especially if your only plan is running balls-out while trying to conserve 30 bullets. /shrug okay.

i'd survive longer than you and your baseball bat. lol.

Galan007
I'd give you the Glenn and Abe treatment. thumb up

marwash22
Question: when Rick was about to stick that axe in Negan's skull, what did he use to stop it from happening?

Hint: it wasn't a baseball bat

Galan007
^ It would have been overkill to use Lucille in that scenario, you pleb. She's reserved for special occasions. thumb up

Flyattractor
Has this thread de-railed into a discussion of the show?

marwash22
details about the show were in our posts, but unlike your post, ours were relevant to the thread.

Flyattractor
Its a Walking Dead Thread. RELEVANT was never a part of the equation.

Galan007
Has this thread de-railed into a discussion of the show? More like it has evolved into what is better in the long run: h2h/melee weapons vs. firearms with finite ammo. smile

DarkSaint85
Bias aside, I would honestly choose Lucille for basically the same reasons you did.

The fact that we think alike, is easily the most disturbing thing I have ever read.

Stoic
If I was able to seek out better protection for myself than just a regular pair of cotton pants, I'd go with the +3 club. Less chance of injuring myself, while having decent stopping power. Now if only I could get my hands on some magazines to wrap around my arms, and shins. Is that even allowable?

StiltmanFTW
Too bad Hershel's shotgun is not one of the options... laughing out loud

P224BTri7RQ

Stoic
Stilt not many people if any would survive this scenario unscathed. At least you can take your own life when they bite a burger sized chunk out of you lol.

Galan007
The fact that we think alike, is easily the most disturbing thing I have ever read. http://i.imgur.com/Kk8qxAi.jpg

Originally posted by Stoic
Now if only I could get my hands on some magazines to wrap around my arms, and shins. Is that even allowable? Nope. This is just you, with the weapon you have selected and the clothes on your back.

One_Angry_Scot
I would have to go with Lucille. Smash zombie heads without much trouble.

emporerpants
Sorry to derail a bit, but as someone who collects and has spent a lot of time researching and learning about swords, Japan did not have good steel. That is why they developed the folding tech., to make up for the fact that their steel did not have the right amount of carbon to make it the way Europeans did, since Japan had only their small land mass to draw steel from, whereas in Europe they had a much bigger land mass to get steel. Also, historical Katana's held an edge well, but were more brittle than a euro sword. That is a fact. Euro swords were spring tempered to be able to flex without taking a set. Basically, historical katanas were more brittle than euros, but held their edge better. Also, a long sword weighs about as much as a katana. Maybe even a little less. 2-3 pounds, maybe 4 at most is what a longsword, or two handed sword, weighs. Greatswords weighed around 7 or 8 pounds. Katanas being unbreakable lightsabers and euro swords weighing a trillion tons are all Hollywood misconceptions. Shocking that Hollywood would get it wrong, I know.

DarkSaint85
Unless you talk about zweihanders, of course. But then, you'd need to compare it to the largest katanas as well.

emporerpants
Indeed. I was more or less just comparing swords that serve the same approximate purpose.

TheLordofMurder
ah, okay. didn't see the stips before.

still going with the colt.

I'd just book it. Running is all i do for exercise. No zombie horde is catching me. None of these dumb ass characters in the show have simply just run through a horde... most of the time when there are a lot of zombies in one place, they're spread out enough to where you can just quickly run through them before they can react.

the only problem i foresee is a large group of humans who have guns; even then, there's a good change i won't run into a Wolf/Terminus type crew who wants to kill/eat me.

Atlanta is hot af. All you fckers who chose that riot gear are gonna catch heat stroke and you'll be slowed down by the weight. Also, the hell is riot gear gonna do when humans are your enemy? Honestly, that's the worst choice.

All you katana and Lucille people are also fcked when you meet a group of humans with bad intentions.

Again, i'm not at all concerned about zombies, my worry is humans, and the gun is the best defense for people who wanna start some shit.

100% agreed...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
You think 30 bullets a day would be enough to survive on indefinitely? I mean, if you run out, you're pretty much f*cked.

None of the choices here are perfect, but I do think Ricks gun is still the best choice...

I can get kills against the living and dead from a safe distance...

And besides, you will eventually run across armed humans; what in heck are you going to do then with a bat or sword (other than get shot)?

Ricks gun...limited ammo and all...is the best all around weapon choice here.

I can do alot with 30 rounds per day...

StiltmanFTW
You need 100% headshots against the undead... and noise will only attract more, lol.

One_Angry_Scot
You need 100% headshots against the undead... and noise will only attract more, lol.

One gunshot quickly attracted the horde to Hershels farm didn't it.

TheLordofMurder
cool. cool. I think I'd be just fine.

they don't have a tracking device on me. Once they lose sight of me... i'm good.

thumb up

Once again, we see eye to eye on this...

My legs will protect me from zombies; the gun is mainly for humans...

Based on the movement speed I typically see from the zombies in the show, I feel confident I could stay ahead of them at a light jogging pace, and I can keep that up long enough to get out of their line of sight...

emporerpants
I'd pick Rick's gun. Only because of other humans though. If I was assured there were only zombies I'd pick lucielle due to it never breaking. Michonne's sword is a close second.

TheLordofMurder

I'm only shooting the dead as a last resort; I'm avoiding melee range at all costs...too much risk.

Otherwise its the dead vs my conditioning and intellect...

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
One gunshot quickly attracted the horde to Hershels farm didn't it.

I believe so. Other example would be the Wiltshare Estates situation.

TV fans get eaten, lol.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on the movement speed I typically see from the zombies in the show, I feel confident I could stay ahead of them at a light jogging pace, and I can keep that up long enough to get out of their line of sight... That would be fine if you only had to get away from a single group of Walkers. However, there are literally hundredS of thousandS scattered across the city -- you wouldn't be able to go very far at all before running across more.

StiltmanFTW
LoM believes the dofp sentinels would come to his rescue.

carver9
I'll take the blade.

StiltmanFTW
Foreskin getting cut off in 3, 2...

carver9
Lol

celeyhyga17
JDM needs some bulking up to do. The Comedian style.

Galan007
Meh, I wouldn't mind a few more lbs on JDM to better fit the 'look' of his comic book counterpart, but if those are the kind of performances we can expect from him, I really don't give a f*ck tbh. thumb up

Sin I AM
Meh, I wouldn't mind a few more lbs on JDM to better fit the 'look' of his comic book counterpart, but if those are the kind of performances we can expect from him, I really don't give a f*ck tbh. thumb up

I said the same thing initially. I know he can put the weight on but thats just me nitpicking. His performance was award winning...as was ricks breakdown.

Sn hope looking forward to the kingdom!

psycho gundam
The sword.

Galan007
Any particular reason why?

zopzop
After reading the comments, I still don't regret going with the crossbow w/infinite arrows. Think about the things you can do with that. Get to the high ground and snipe to your heart's content. Or get to a zombie inaccessible area and snipe till you thin the herd.

Crossbow ftw b|tches!

Galan007
The good thing about the xbow is that even if you're not proficient with one, you have infinite arrows throw which to become so... Eventually.

But target practice wouldn't really be an option in the middle of a zombie infested city, and you might not get enough time to adequately reload.

Just some things to consider.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, Daryl is so incredibly skilled with it just because he's the star of the show.

I'm sticking with the riot gear. At the very least, it'd allow me to survive some initial encounters with the roamers, lurkers and crawlers.

psycho gundam
Any particular reason why? It falls in line with how I would approach surviving in that world which is creating or finding choke points so that you can cut the zombies down more efficiently. That seems to be fair game in this thread. I only really watch the show when they have the big marathons so if I miss a season it's all there if I time it right, anyway, it's all still very true that the zombies are only a threat if you screw up when dealing with them and that largely happens when someone runs out of bullets or the zombies surround them and get in too large a number. You don't have to swing as hard to damage a zombie with the sword as you would the bat which Negan displayed. If he used a Katana he would have cut through people with a single slash.

Aforementioned guns are too loud and run out of ammo

The riot gear is too big a gamble cause you're basically betting that you can survive being dogpiled on and live but for how long? The zombies will keep attacking you indefinitely till you're dead/turned with more joining in till that happens. NO

Oh yeah Michonne is the Piccolo of the series

StiltmanFTW
Any particular reason why?

Another circumcision fan, duh.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by MF DELPH
#suckmynuts

Sin I AM
Originally posted by psycho gundam

Oh yeah Michonne is the Piccolo of the series

take it back or i'll slit you phucking throat pg

StiltmanFTW
It's actually a big ass compliment for her. Pretty accurate, too.

Tyreese = Luke Cage and Jesus... Karate Kid? lol

TheLordofMurder
LoM believes the dofp sentinels would come to his rescue.

They would! :-)

The zombies would register as "mutated" to the Sentinels sensors, and would be immediately annihilated...

All the Sentinels would assume Flame Form, slaughter the zombies mercilessly, and the zombie apocalypse would soon be over...

:-)

StiltmanFTW
Setting zombies on fire is a very bad idea in general... for humans, at least stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
What if LoM bites them, turning them into vampires?

How heavy are crossbows, btw?

TheLordofMurder
What if LoM bites them, turning them into vampires?

I'd change my name into LoD (Lord of Death) and craft me a pair of Primary Adamantium Katana's and start Dual Weilding them...

smile

DarkSaint85
thumb up The only sensible answer in this turrble thread.

MF DELPH
I'd choose the Colt. There's situations where having a gun is more practical. In particular when you need to set off something combustible from a distance to cause a distraction for a herd of Zombies (shooting a propane tank or a car's gas tank, or shooting a car to set off it's alarm), or if you need to shoot someone in the leg so they scream and become a target for a group of zombies. You can use it as a close range bludgeoning weapon if necessary. There's also other practical uses for the gunpowder in the bullets (since you get 30 rounds a day) like setting fires, using it to blast open jammed door locks, etc. Also if you end up in a situation where you can't get away from a horde escape is just a bullet away.

krisblaze
I'd choose the Colt. There's situations where having a gun is more practical. In particular when you need to set off something combustible from a distance to cause a distraction for a herd of Zombies (shooting a propane tank or a car's gas tank, or shooting a car to set off it's alarm), or if you need to shoot someone in the leg so they scream and become a target for a group of zombies. You can use it as a close range bludgeoning weapon if necessary. There's also other practical uses for the gunpowder in the bullets (since you get 30 rounds a day) like setting fires, using it to blast open jammed door locks, etc. Also if you end up in a situation where you can't get away from a horde escape is just a bullet away.

Don't **** with Delph in the coming zombie apocalypse.

Galan007
I'd choose the Colt. There's situations where having a gun is more practical. In particular when you need to set off something combustible from a distance to cause a distraction for a herd of Zombies (shooting a propane tank or a car's gas tank, or shooting a car to set off it's alarm) A propane tank will explode if you shoot it, but with a revolver/handgun you'd have to be fairly close to hit it without wasting multiple rounds of ammo. At that point you're risking being within the blast/shrapnel radius, so hopefully you'll shield yourself behind a building or somesuch.

In RL a vehicle's gas tank typically will not explode via a gunshot like you see in the movies, so I wouldn't bank on that.

Setting off car alarms is a guessing game that can potentially cause you to waste ammo. I mean, it's not as though you know which cars are 'alarmed'.

I like the tactic of using others for bait by maiming them in a leg, though. thumb up

Sin I AM
Delphi plan is sound. I just cant come to terms with it. Too much MacGuyver shit going on. 30 rounds couldn't possibly hold that much gun powder although the propane tank sounds plausible.

Has anyone been able to blend in with walkers without using zombie remains? Like if u adopted a slow shuffling gait could u pass

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
The riot gear is too big a gamble cause you're basically betting that you can survive being dogpiled on and live but for how long? Not very long at all. As we saw with the Governor: once you get dogpiled, the riot gear doesn't count for much -- the Walkers can still, very swiftly, rip you apart:
http://i.imgur.com/II4peA0.jpg

Galan007
Has anyone been able to blend in with walkers without using zombie remains? Like if u adopted a slow shuffling gait could u pass No. If you're not masked by other Walkers in some way, you will be insta-swarmed.

That's why Rick/Glenn were immediately converged on by surrounding Walkers when the rain washed off the Walker-entrails they were wearing when trying to get out of ATL.

Cogito

Japanese steel is considered top quality -- that's one of the reasons why the Samurai /w/ their Katanas were so dominate.

By no means an expert on the topic, but from what I do know you're both correct.

The iron used in Japanese steel making came from iron sands, which is super shitty and full of impurities. The process of turning it into steel was enormously labor intensive, not to mention expensive. So the majority of cheaper swords were indeed absolute crap. The Japanese didn't have the means to melt steel, so folding was a method of evening out/working out the impurities. Eventually you'd get to a high quality piece of steel.

That being said, Japanese swords and European style swords are entirely different beasts. Katanas and the like are much thinner blades - lighter, more agile, and designed for solely for slicing. Medieval European swords were much more solid, heavy duty swords designed for multiple deathly applications. If a thin Katana and a European longsword were to make full force contact, the Katana would get wrecked by virtue of the design differences.

zopzop
Originally posted by Cogito
By no means an expert on the topic, but from what I do know you're both correct.

The iron used in Japanese steel making came from iron sands, which is super shitty and full of impurities. The process of turning it into steel was enormously labor intensive, not to mention expensive. So the majority of cheaper swords were indeed absolute crap. The Japanese didn't have the means to melt steel, so folding was a method of evening out/working out the impurities. Eventually you'd get to a high quality piece of steel.

It's funny you should say this. Ever play an Indie game called "Death Road to Canada"? Katanas in that game break after 3 or 4 hits on a zombie. eek!

Flyattractor
Why weren't balloons put on the list? They seemed like a good Zombie Weapon on the TWD Show cause Zoms is so loving the balloons?

StiltmanFTW
I hope Galan will put Lucille in your butt for reminding us of that scene.

Galan007
Why weren't balloons put on the list? They seemed like a good Zombie Weapon on the TWD Show cause Zoms is so loving the balloons? http://i.imgur.com/D66Z4w8.jpg

Flyattractor
http://i.imgur.com/D66Z4w8.jpg

Ya know....I might have found Negan more THREATENING if he wasn't wearing an Ascot. Just like....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Fred_Jones.png

iceman24567
Freddy is an OG triple OG

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>