Reed vs Mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Reed has a week prep to take Mxy out. He receives standard information on Mxy and once the week has expired, Mxy shows up to kill Reed. How does this encounter go?

SquallX
Mxy snap his fingers and ends the 616 verse. ****ing causally too. I mean seriously man, have you ever read anything concerning Mxy in you're life?

Khazra Reborn
Reed could out smart Mxy with 85% of his mental capacity destroyed.

SquallX
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Reed could out smart Mxy with 85% of his mental capacity destroyed.

That's funny.

Khazra Reborn
So you think Mxy is smarter than Reed?

LordofBrooklyn
Reed leaves a will telling Ben to make sure Namor never puts his hands on Sue.

He sells the rights to several of his inventions to ensure that, Sue, and the kids want for nothing.

RIP Reed

zopzop
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Reed leaves a will telling Ben to make sure Namor never puts his hands on Sue.

He sells the rights to several of his inventions to ensure that, Sue, and the kids want for nothing.

RIP Reed
thumb up

golem370
Reed gets the IG maybe the ebony blade.

SquallX
So you think Mxy is smarter than Reed?

You do know Mxy powers aren't magic, but an advance form of science that we the readers perceives to be magic?

You also do know that minus that useless Prime Arc, full of PIS/CIS, that every limitations that are inputted on Mxy are due to Mxy right? The him saying his name backwards being one of the biggest.

You also know that Mxy on panel minus WF has destroyed the DCU a few more times, and that he knows about the retcons and shit?

zopzop
Originally posted by golem370
That won't save him.

SquallX
Originally posted by golem370

Mxy gets hit with hit, laugh and snap his fingers.

Khazra Reborn
Originally posted by SquallX
You do know Mxy powers aren't magic, but an advance form of science that we the readers perceives to be magic?

You also do know that minus that useless Prime Arc, full of PIS/CIS, that every limitations that are inputted on Mxy are due to Mxy right? The him saying his name backwards being one of the biggest.

You also know that Mxy on panel minus WF has destroyed the DCU a few more times, and that he knows about the retcons and shit?

Yeah, I know how powerful Mxy is. But he's an idiot, if he's in character, Reed will trick him into leaving, just like Superman does.

Zack M
Isn't Mxy an idiot not really true? He let's Superman trick him.

Galan007
OP states that Mxy wants to kill Reed. This means he isn't phucking around, like he does with Superman.

That said, Mxy can remove the name-backwards 'weakness' any time he wants, as it is entirely self-imposed:
http://i.imgur.com/RtQdeRt.jpg

SquallX
Yeah, I know how powerful Mxy is. But he's an idiot, if he's in character, Reed will trick him into leaving, just like Superman does.

Mxy's not an idiot, he just act like one. When he wants to be serious, few things can stop him. Even when Mxy isn't serious, he's still not n idiot.

Forgot what arc it was, Mxy got piss off, and he just started wiping out everything in the DC verse, from the canon stories, to the Elseworlds.

DarkSaint85
Mxy.

OP states he's actually being serious, and wants to kill Reed. This goes way beyond playing with Superman, like he usually does.

quanchi112
Reed wins.

Mr Master

You also know that Mxy on panel minus WF has destroyed the DCU a few more times
Nah, I didn't know that.

Scans, of Mxy performing WF style feats a "few more times" let alone one more.

and that he knows about the retcons and shit?
4th wall awareness counts for nothing friend. Heck, even Rick Jones has that ability.

tkitna
Reed figures out a plan to outsmart MXY during a commercial break while watching the Walking Dead.

Zack M
Mxy snaps his fingers and Reed is no more.

Insane Titan
Reed outsmarts him ftw.

krisblaze
Reed only needs to have the retarded midget say his name backwards.

Easiest fight of his life.

DarkSaint85
Except he can take that away if he wants to.

And OPhas specified Mxy is out for the kill I.e. Serious.

krisblaze
Reed has a week. A week!

DarkSaint85
Ok.

For all the Reed supporters, what can he do in a week?

Otherwise, its just the same as saying Batman finds a way, without any elaboration.

krisblaze
What can't he do? It took him 2 minutes to go get his celestial killing gear.

Good question though, I don't know if Reed has any multiversal killing stuff laying about.

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

Are we going to extrapolate a straight line and say 2 minutes = Celestial killing gun, one week = 60mins x 24 hours x 7 days worth of power?

krisblaze
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Exactly.

Are we going to extrapolate a straight line and say 2 minutes = Celestial killing gun, one week = 60mins x 24 hours x 7 days worth of power?

Even that wouldn't be fair considering Reed made those weapons in advance.

It's a pain to use Reed in matchups like these.

By all rights he shouldn't stand a chance in hell though stick out tongue

If anything Hickman's run made it clear that weapons of "Mxy-harming magnitude" just aren't about in 616 anymore.

DarkSaint85
Well, we have another thread asking what Marvel weapon can kill Mxy.....and so far, nothing serious has come up.

Which means Reed with a week of prep ain't doing much.

staxamillion
I don't know much about the imps granted.

but if Myx's "power" is really science/technology based and Reed Richards has a week to prep why wouldn't he master 5th dimension science?

and if you think that he's not smart enough then who in marvel could?

Galan007
^ No one in Marvel is 'mastering' the 5th dimension in a week, lol. They'd be lucky just to get a general comprehension of the realm in that time.

Cogito
The most recent interpretation of the 5th dimension has it existing as abstract/meta-textual imagination.

Reed would be as hopeless as he is with magic.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Cogito
The most recent interpretation of the 5th dimension has it existing as abstract/meta-textual imagination.

Reed would be as hopeless as he is with magic.

So hopeless he ****ed up Doom in Unthinkable.

Checkmate Doom, devastated again.

staxamillion
if reed has molecule man's powers going through him and a week to prepare for 5th dimension science I think reed can pull this off.

IMO Reed's main plot device/superpower is to be able to come up with ridiculous tech and figuring things out.

Reed cannot figure out Magic because (idk if it has ever been truly revealed as such) it is not science based.

if it is science based I think Reed takes it

Cogito
Come on people, Reed has had weeks/months/years of prep before and fallen way short of defeating beings nowhere near Mxy's ballpark. Let's not apply no limits fallacies to a situation where limits have been applied for decades

If you feel that he can make Mxy say his name backwards and win, fine, but know that that's a self-imposed rule of Mxy's and doesn't apply if he doesn't want it to.

Galan007
Yeah, lets be honest here: Reed's best intelligence/build feats do not even romotely suggest he can cope with a being on Mxy's level. No-limits fallacies don't mean shit.

"Id"
I get that Reed has a mountain to climb in taking on Mxy with prep. But lets not act as if Mxy cant be bested.

Galan007
Thing is: Reed has NO feats to suggest he *can* best Mxy.

Closest character would be the Beyonder, and Reed was rather awestruck by his power, iirc.

DarkSaint85
He can't be bested, not by Reed with a week of prep. Against an out for the kill Mxy. When all he's been given, as per OP, os standard info.

He's an imp from the 5th Dimension, oh, by the way, there's a 5th Dimension. Also, if you trick him into saying his name backwards, he'll leave. Is this info 100% correct? Why, yes, of course it is...this is what happens, usually.

Galan007
He can't be bested, not by Reed with a week of prep. Against an out for the kill Mxy. When all he's been given, as per OP, os standard info.

He's an imp from the 5th Dimension, oh, by the way, there's a 5th Dimension. Also, if you trick him into saying his name backwards, he'll leave. Is this info 100% correct? Why, yes, of course it is...this is what happens, usually. If Mxy's out for the kill, he'll just ignore the name-backwards thing... Here is another instance wherein Mxy makes it clear that said 'weakness' doesn't work unless he allows it to:
http://i.imgur.com/Knb3s6r.jpg

...Not that Reed would ever get the chance to trick him. One gesture, and Reed...along the the entire MU...are turned into a jar of pickles. thumb up

Mr Master

Well,

we have another thread asking what Marvel weapon can kill Mxy.....

and so far,

nothing serious has come up.
Guess you haven't visited the thread recently. Ever heard of the "infinity Mitten?"

Time-Immemorial
Keep Trying Master, keep failing.

DarkSaint85
As said, nothing serious came up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.