Vitiate bending Tol Braga's lightsaber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
Legend claims Ant has proven in some thread long ago that Vitiate managed to bend Tol Braga's lightsaber during Act 2.

Proof?

DarthAnt66
https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/bend_y11.png

The bend is made visible with the distinction between the red line (which should go straight up or toward the right) and the blue line (the bend after the lightning hit it).

Selenial
lmfao

DarthAnt66
wink

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Selenial
lmfao

Emperordmb
I legitimately started laughing out loud when I saw that ngl thumb up

Beniboybling
laughing

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
wink

UCanShootMyNova
This is just getting sad.

DarthAnt66
its true tho

aalyasecura95
seems legit to me actually

UCanShootMyNova
Holy shit dude... I thought you were joking.

Beniboybling
Just for the sake of comparison:

https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/bend_y11.png

https://i.imgflip.com/1ctycj.gif

smile

aalyasecura95
why doesn't sidious just suddenly change and shoot lightning at mace's legs? erm . why aim at the one thing that can block ur lightning? one spark to mace windu's robes and they would catch alight.

UCanShootMyNova
So that he can make it seem like Windu's the bad guy and turn Anakin.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
So that he can make it seem like Windu's the bad guy and turn Anakin. but his face became deformed... that is not worth it. its not like anakin liked windu or anything... erm .

Beniboybling
Legends sources describe as it only adding to existing deformity, not that he cared, like he says, "And so the mask becomes the man".

More to the point, given that no one else has ever tried this trick, one would assume that the lightning is actively drawn to the blade.

Nephthys
Personally I'm of the opinion that Revan putting his saber away and Arcann and the Strike Teams lightsabers being less than useless indicates that lightsabers are simply insufficient against the likes of Vitiate's full power lightning.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
but his face became deformed... that is not worth it. its not like anakin liked windu or anything... erm .

Why would Sidious care about deformity if he can ensure he has Anakin as his apprentice?

He was still one of his fellow Jedi who if Sidious had just killed would have been a casualty in a war against the Sith that both he and Anakin had sworn to fight. Anakin would have been far less open to Sidious's manipulations then.

By appearing as the weak victim about to be cut down he made the choice easier for Anakin.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I'm of the opinion that Revan putting his saber away and Arcann and the Strike Teams lightsabers being less than useless indicates that lightsabers are simply insufficient against the likes of Vitiate's full power lightning. Naturally you have a point.

S_W_LeGenD
This video segment depicts the effect of Vitiate's Force Lightning Storm on the Jedi in a more realistic manner than the game:

Y0Rpffux6bw

You can see Jedi Master Warren Sedoru screaming with pain (0:06 - 0:07) during the ordeal.

---

Sometimes, I wish BioWare create proper videos of these confrontations.

Beniboybling
lol

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Sometimes, I wish BioWare create proper videos of these confrontations.

Would cost millions.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
lol
What is funny in that?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Would cost millions.
I suppose. sad

Beniboybling
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
What is funny in that? That we needed confirmation he was in pain. laughing out loud

But knowing that, combined with Ant's revelations, I think I might just raise Vitiate above Sirak. mmm

NewGuy01
But what if Sirak busts out Vaapad?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^The Dragon of Zakuul vs The True Sith'ari. That's a good fight, ngl. smile

Sinious
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I'm of the opinion that Revan putting his saber away and Arcann and the Strike Teams lightsabers being less than useless indicates that lightsabers are simply insufficient against the likes of Vitiate's full power lightning. This is how I view it as well, as it's the only way to make sense of things within TOR. When discussing PT vs TOR though that's gonna cause problems.

SunRazer
There's no way to know how powerful somebody's Lightning is unless you attempt to defend against it. That's just Drew's silly writing, which he showed earlier in the Nyriss fight.

If we're going off that logic, Tol Braga > Revan since he was able to temporarily hold off a Storm from a stronger Vitiate with his lightsaber.

Beniboybling
thumb up

That logic would fall apart under scrutiny.

Azronger
Vitiate still doesn't compare to Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.