Act II Barsen'thor - Inferior to Shan/Malak/Exile?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gst32QJz5Q4&feature=youtu.be&t=25m12s

This was a point that ChaosTheory raised and I'd like to see your thoughts.

Here Revan states the Barsen'thor is among the greatest he ever seen, suggesting that there are greater Jedi.

The only candidates would be Bastila Shan, Jedi Malak, and novel Meetra Surik.

Thoughts on which one he's referring to? Possibly two? Possibly all three?

DarthAnt66
I find Malak as the most likely candidate.

He was also significantly closer to Revan in terms of ability than the Exile or Shan ever was.

Plus we know Malak was the second greatest Jedi of the MW anyway, so it makes sense.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Raw cancer.

TenebrousWay
Yeah, Malak is the most likely.

ChaosTheory123
I don't know

This is the shit I live to watch play out

Want any popcorn SKILLZ? :hmm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I could really use some right now, yeah smile

What 'verses/lores do you mainly focus on, anyways?

ChaosTheory123
Now if only I could transfer it across the internet :hmm

I'm apparently the Final Fantasy/Legend of Zelda guy

Started as the Yu Yu Hakusho guy, but I got bored with debating manga after about 2 years in this hobby *shrugs*

SW is up there, but my familiarity is mostly KOTOR era, Bane's era, and Tales of the Jedi era

Still, I'm apparently well known for my interpretations of FF and LoZ above most other franchises

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Damn it. I was hoping to hear the words DragonBall or Warhammer come out of your mouth. sad

ChaosTheory123
I did Dragon Ball too

I'm one of the reasons Dragon Ball got its speed reevaluated after years of Endless Mike pushing mach 1000 as its ceiling pre-DBS

****er's a great debater, it was mostly a matter of remembering every argument he made and painting him as a hypocrite *shrugs*

Just that debating Dragon Ball is soul crushingly annoying with the sheer bile both sides produce

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So you were one of the great saviors? One of the mighty heralds who ushered in the era of Lord Beerus? smilesmilesmile

/bows

ChaosTheory123
Don't know about other forums, I'm vaguely aware I'm referenced, but I was ultimately one of the people that got "mach 29,000 is perfection" to stick in the OBD *shrugs*

Think God Movement was the ****er to do DBS' speed feats

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
You've done a great service to the DB community. smile

So do you keep up with super?

ChaosTheory123
If you say so :maybe

Yeah, been watching off and on

Like how they're handling Future Trunks at any rate smile

DarthAnt66
This got derailed fast.

ChaosTheory123
There's really not much to discuss *shrugs*

Malak's the most likely candidate as you've highlighted

Surik's already covered by Scourge's accolade of her being of the Jedi's greatest heroes despite meeting Satele Shan prior to saying it.

Bastila is harder to judge without getting liberal with her "fraught and frantic" fight on the Star Forge *shrugs*

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Here Revan states the Barsen'thor is among the greatest he ever seen, suggesting that there are greater Jedi.

Not really.

ChaosTheory123
Ah

Popcorn time it is :maybe

Not the strongest start given the rebuttal's non-existent, but I'm optimistic it'll devolve from here :hmm

NewGuy01
I don't suspect it will. The fact that he's one of the best Jedi Revan has ever seen doesn't preclude him from being the very best--it just implies that are others of similar calibre. It's no different from LeGenD's big to-do about Yoda being called one of the most powerful Jedi as opposed to the most powerful in some source or another.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
If you say so :maybe

Yeah, been watching off and on

Like how they're handling Future Trunks at any rate smile

Despite how ant uses your notions to create Chaos (how punny,) I quite like your existence here. Make it more than temporary. smile

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I don't suspect it will. The fact that he's one of the best Jedi Revan has ever seen doesn't preclude him from being the very best--it just implies that are others of similar calibre. It's no different from LeGenD's big to-do about Yoda being called one of the most powerful Jedi as opposed to the most powerful in some source or another.

Not exactly the same

Yoda has those accolades calling him the strongest

Barsen'thor does not. Their's is more ambiguous.

The best the Barsen'thor can claim off Revan's acknowledgement is parity with one or more of Revan's former associates

The ambiguity of the quote is its most damning fault and why it can't be used to claim anything more than parity, if not outright inferiority, to one or some of Revan's former peers

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Despite how ant uses your notions to create Chaos (how punny,) I quite like your existence here. Make it more than temporary. smile

That was honestly the idea I had in mind when I first came up with the name tbh :maybe

That said, my presence is largely dependent on me remembering to check in once and a while *shrugs*

Hell, the only reason I'm consistently on the OBD anymore is because I bookmarked the page years ago :lmao

darthbane77
Malak most likely, but Revan did also meet the HoT briefly by this time; so the HoT is another option.

ChaosTheory123
He did?

Genuinely curious

Wasn't even aware the HoT or Barsen'thor could have story significance at the same time during the flashpoint the quote appears to happen after

Was left with the impression it was either or

darthbane77
He did?

Genuinely curious

Wasn't even aware the HoT or Barsen'thor could have story significance at the same time during the flashpoint the quote appears to happen after

Was left with the impression it was either or The player has a conversation with Revan no matter what class you play, it's a gameplay thing; so I take it as all of the members of the strike team being present and that everything he says about them is true from his point of view.

ChaosTheory123
I mean, I figure anything he has to say about them is fair game regardless given nothing about them or the plot alters whether or not they're present

However?

Does a source exist that says they're all present for the effort? If not, I can't see how you'd reliably use the quote to link together the Barsen'thor and HoT *shrugs*

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01

ChaosTheory123
Yes

Ingenious

The ad nauseam tactic is budding forth :hmm

Pretty soon a flow of posts incapable of formulating further rebuttals will spring forth leeching off the original ideations of NG01 thumb up

I'm way too bored and awake for 3 am...

Nephthys
Cry less please.

Being one of the best can still have you as the best. This is just another case of Ant making some stupid leaps to wank characters he likes.

ChaosTheory123
Egging someone on to debate is crying :hmm

On a debate forum

I forgot where I was, I'm sorry :maybe

And you're right, but it doesn't make you exclusively the best, or even guarantee you're near the top either

In this case, its frankly you jacking an ambiguous statement to keep a pet on a perch *shrugs*

Nephthys
I forgive you my son.

Sure, it doesn't. It's just a decent but ultimately fairly irrelevant quote. Just like all of these "one of" ones.

I'm not jacking anything.

ChaosTheory123
I feel my faith in others dwindle further upon reminder you're older than me :hmm

Nah, you're just not particularly good at connect the dots. This line of thinking isn't so much a rebuttal as it is just lazy.

Seem pretty accusatory of kiddo's motives *shrugs*

Bearing in mind poisoning the well doesn't actually harm the contents of what he's (or you in the context of actually participating in a debate) proposing.

Its a debate, follow NewGuy01's lead and actually debate. I shouldn't have needed to lightly nudge you into an actual rebuttal *shrugs*

Its almost like I'm in the modern OBD

ChaosTheory123
Also, no hard feelings or whatever the **** *shrugs*

I don't believe I'm being particularly aggressive or the like, but I'm aware outside my niche ****ers seem to take shit I say way too seriously :hmm

Beniboybling
Let's play spot the agenda.

ChaosTheory123
Anyone with passing familiarity with Kiddo can win that game :maybe

Still, poisoning the well yet again holds no real bearing on his actual content or anyone's posts here *shrugs*

Stopped clock is right twice a day, that kind of shit :maybe

darthbane77
I mean, I figure anything he has to say about them is fair game regardless given nothing about them or the plot alters whether or not they're present

However?

Does a source exist that says they're all present for the effort? If not, I can't see how you'd reliably use the quote to link together the Barsen'thor and HoT *shrugs* There's no direct quote no, but being it's a group Flashpoint and Revan supposedly has separate conversations with each person it's safe to guess that either they were all present or that Revan had separate discussions with each (which I find unlikely.)

Nephthys
I feel my faith in others dwindle further upon reminder you're older than me :hmm

Nah, you're just not particularly good at connect the dots. This line of thinking isn't so much a rebuttal as it is just lazy.

Seem pretty accusatory of kiddo's motives *shrugs*

Bearing in mind poisoning the well doesn't actually harm the contents of what he's (or you in the context of actually participating in a debate) proposing.

Its a debate, follow NewGuy01's lead and actually debate. I shouldn't have needed to lightly nudge you into an actual rebuttal *shrugs*

Its almost like I'm in the modern OBD

I'm not rebutting anything you've said especially, I'm rebutting Ant's original claim that Revan saying 'Thor is "one of" the best Jedi he's ever seen implies that there's greater Jedi. As we've agreed, this isn't true. I have no agenda other than that. I'm not trying to use this in any way, it's a pointless accolade for me to use. The Barsen'thor can be argued to be superior to the names Ant dropped through her own merits, feats and accomplishments, which far exceed theirs.

Hope this helps you understand! thumb up

SunRazer
Ant, stop with these pitiful character-peddling threads.

carthage
Agreed its only acceptable if Nova can use non canon content to wank his favorites

Beniboybling
I think it's Malak.

Beniboybling
Anyone with passing familiarity with Kiddo can win that game :maybe

Still, poisoning the well yet again holds no real bearing on his actual content or anyone's posts here *shrugs*

Stopped clock is right twice a day, that kind of shit :maybe Sry you picked the wrong champion.

Selenial
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Let's play spot the agenda.
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ant, stop with these pitiful character-peddling threads.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
Interesting to see Beni bash the thread and then comment his thoughts.

Beniboybling
That was a troll comment. smile

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not rebutting anything you've said especially, I'm rebutting Ant's original claim that Revan saying 'Thor is "one of" the best Jedi he's ever seen implies that there's greater Jedi. As we've agreed, this isn't true. I have no agenda other than that. I'm not trying to use this in any way, it's a pointless accolade for me to use. The Barsen'thor can be argued to be superior to the names Ant dropped through her own merits, feats and accomplishments, which far exceed theirs.

Hope this helps you understand! thumb up

That's fair :maybe

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sry you picked the wrong champion.

What champion :hmm

The day I need a kid to debate for me is the day I die completely inside *shrugs*

I'm not quite that hollow of a shell yet :maybe

Out of morbid curiosity? You ****ers legitimately hostile to one another? Can't quite wrap my mind around that for something as silly as discussing vs debating, but I've heard stories of pettier shit I suppose :hmm

Beniboybling
Ant hurt my feelings.

ChaosTheory123
So you're not an unfeeling robot :hmm

Aw...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.