Vote!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
As the title says.

UCanShootMyNova
Was going to put Exar Kun in here but since he is a confirmed superior to Muur I thought I'd leave him for whoever the winner here is.

Deronn_solo
Krayt.

Ursumeles
Tenebrous > Revan|Krayt > Vader > Muur > Galen

Sinious
Revan.

Ursumeles
Wait, where the **** are Caedus and Anakin?

Petrus
Probably Peak Revan.

Nephthys
Krayt or Revan.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Wait, where the **** are Caedus and Anakin?

Caedus and Exar Kun are too high for this ranking as they have both been confirmed to be above contenders of this tier.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Was going to put Exar Kun in here but since he is a confirmed superior to Muur I thought I'd leave him for whoever the winner here is.
Lmfao, no one is picking Muur.

DarthAnt66
Caedus and Exar Kun are too high for this ranking as they have both been confirmed to be above contenders of this tier.
What?

TenebrousWay
lol at Vader receiving votes.

ares834

Where was Caedus? And I'd like a canon source, not some blurb on the back of a book.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
What?

DarthAnt66
Hint: They're not.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmfao, no one is picking Muur.

Your prediction has been noted.

DarthAnt66
Actually now that I said it, someone might just to piss me off, but no one seriously has Muur on these guys level but you.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by ares834
Where was Caedus? And I'd like a canon source, not some blurb on the back of a book.

The blurbs are C canon as far as I'm aware.

UCanShootMyNova
Hint: They're not.

Your opinion has been noted.

UCanShootMyNova
Actually now that I said it, someone might just to piss me off, but no one seriously has Muur on these guys level but you.

Your opinion has been noted.

Nephthys
Muur is on these guys levels.

Ursumeles
Lmfao, what?
Kun > an Sub-Vader doesn't put him above Vader, let alone Krayt and Revan, lol.
Also, while I may agree that Caedus > all of them, it is by an hair, at best, and you can making arguments for Revan, Krayt or co. being > him.

Also, where is Anakin?

Deronn_solo
Even if we do accept Caedus is > Vader, how does that make him superior to Krayt, Revan, etc?

Not that command of the Force is auto synonymous with power anyway. I think Sidious and Valkorion has a greater command of the Force than Luke, doesn't mean they are more powerful than Skywalker in the Force.

Ursumeles
I have Muur > Galen smile

UCanShootMyNova
Lmfao, what?

ares834
The blurbs are C canon as far as I'm aware.

They are not as evident by the fact that they, at times, contradict the novel. It's just some there to try to sell the book.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmfao, what?
Kun > an Sub-Vader doesn't put him above Vader, let alone Krayt and Revan, lol.
Also, while I may agree that Caedus > all of them, it is by an hair, at best, and you can making arguments for Revan, Krayt or co. being > him.

Also, where is Anakin?

Anakin does not have non circumstantial accomplishments that would place him among these characters.

Ursumeles
1. You didn't adressed my point.
2. Where is Anakin?
Edit: You adressed it.
3. Being above someone doesn't mean you are >> them, lol.

DarthAnt66
Anakin does not have non circumstantial accomplishments that would place him among these characters.
lmfao

UCanShootMyNova
They are not as evident by the fact that they, at times, contradict the novel. It's just some there to try to sell the book.

Can you provide the quote confirming your statement? Both your claim that they are not C canon and that they contradict the nove.

darthbane77
Revan is winning, as it should be.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Even if we do accept Caedus is > Vader, how does that make him superior to Krayt, Revan, etc?

Not that command of the Force is auto synonymous with power anyway. I think Sidious and Valkorion has a greater command of the Force than Luke, doesn't mean they are more powerful than Skywalker in the Force.

I didn't say it did. I said that he's confirmed to be above one of the members in the poll as is Exar Kun which is why the winner of this poll would be put up against them so as long as they weren't Muur or Vader ( which I had a feeling they wouldn't be given this forums leanings ).

UCanShootMyNova
lmfao

smile

UCanShootMyNova
1. You didn't adressed my point.
2. Where is Anakin?
Edit: You adressed it.
3. Being above someone doesn't mean you are >> them, lol.

1. I did actually.

2. Not here.

3. It does.

DarthAnt66
I didn't say it did. I said that he's confirmed to be above one of the members in the poll as is Exar Kun which is why the winner of this poll would be put up against them so as long as they weren't Muur or Vader ( which I had a feeling they wouldn't be given this forums leanings ).
Then why not exclude Muur and Vader rather than Caedus and Kun?

cs_zoltan
Vader or Krayt.

UCanShootMyNova
Then why not exclude Muur and Vader rather than Caedus and Kun?

Because it's generally thought that Vader at the very least is a competitor amongst the other characters I listed ( as far as I was aware ) and I was interested in seeing the forums thoughts on Muur.

Plus I wanted a second round.

DarthAnt66
Same can be said for Kun and Caedus.

Ursumeles
1. I did actually.

2. Not here.

3. It does.
1. No

3. No.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Vader or Krayt.

There you go Ant. smile

UCanShootMyNova
1. No

3. No.

1. Yes.

3. Yes.

smile

DarthAnt66
There you go Ant. smile
???

UCanShootMyNova
Same can be said for Kun and Caedus.

I edited in the second line. I believe it'd be interesting to pit the winner here against Caedus and Krayt in a second round. smile

Beniboybling
This is essentially a question of who is closest to Plagueis. In which case I'm voting Tenebrous.

UCanShootMyNova
???

An example of someone thinking Vader is a good competitor in a match like this.

DarthAnt66
I never disputed that. I disputed the exclusion of Caedus and Kun over Vader and Muur.

ares834
I used to have far better examples, but I can no longer remember them. Regardless this should suffice from Dynasty of Evil.

"And so she pursues her quarry from the grim depths of a ravaged world on the brink of catastrophe to the barren reaches of a desert outpost, where the future of the dark side’s most powerful disciples will be decided, once and for all, by the final, fatal stroke of a lightsaber."

As you know, Zannah does not kill Bane with her saber. Hell, she isn't the one to actually kill Bane.

Edit: darn phone

Ursumeles
1. Yes.

3. Yes.

smile
1. No

3. No

4. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Psychiatric_hospitals_in_California for u

UCanShootMyNova
Just wanted to note that if a character in this poll is within 2 votes of the winner they will also be moving on to the second round as the amount of votes they received may be affected by certain other outlier competitors being present.

Nephthys

UCanShootMyNova
@Ares: Where does that quote come from?

UCanShootMyNova
I never disputed that. I disputed the exclusion of Caedus and Kun over Vader and Muur.

And I explained that I thought they'd make for good candidates for a second round. smile

UCanShootMyNova
1. No

3. No

4. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Psychiatric_hospitals_in_California for u

1. Yes.

3. Yes.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51b8e89ceab8eaa87d000009-1190-625/the-true-origin-of-the-tin-foil-hat-and-why-its-the-stupidest-thing-to-wear-if-youre-paranoid-about-the-government.jpg

DarthAnt66
@Ares: Where does that quote come from?

http://memeguy.com/photos/images/mrw-i-try-and-help-my-sister-with-her-calculus-homework-after-being-out-of-school-for-years-64258.gif

DarthAnt66
And I explained that I thought they'd make for good candidates for a second round. smile
More people would support Krayt or Tenebrous than Kun or Caedus.

UCanShootMyNova
http://memeguy.com/photos/images/mrw-i-try-and-help-my-sister-with-her-calculus-homework-after-being-out-of-school-for-years-64258.gif

I don't have a copy of the book on me and the pdf's from ewok don't contain the back covers/inside covers. That alright with you m'lord?

Beniboybling
So inconsistencies within one example of a source is now sufficient proof to invalidate all similar sources? I wonder if the "all of space" quote should have similar ramifications then. mmm

UCanShootMyNova
More people would support Krayt or Tenebrous than Kun or Caedus.

Then they should get enough votes to make it to the second round.

Just wanted to note that if a character in this poll is within 2 votes of the winner they will also be moving on to the second round as the amount of votes they received may be affected by certain other outlier competitors being present.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
So inconsistencies within one example of a source is now sufficient proof to invalidate all similar sources? I wonder what this means for the "all of space" quote. mmm

It it the back cover/inside cover?

Ursumeles
1. Yes.

3. Yes.

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/51b8e89ceab8eaa87d000009-1190-625/the-true-origin-of-the-tin-foil-hat-and-why-its-the-stupidest-thing-to-wear-if-youre-paranoid-about-the-government.jpg
1. Yes
3. Yes
U r paranoid?

UCanShootMyNova
@Ant: And it looks like they will since it's currently tied up.

UCanShootMyNova
1. Yes
3. Yes
U r paranoid?

1. Yiz.

3. Yiz.

Yiz. smile

Nephthys
So inconsistencies within one example of a source is now sufficient proof to invalidate all similar sources? I wonder if the "all of space" quote should have similar ramifications then. mmm

Ares said he had plenty more examples and I'm sure he's right.

UCanShootMyNova
Tbh I'd like to see those examples but if he's telling the truth then my stance may shift yet again in this regard.

Beniboybling
And I'm sure there are plenty more examples in the case of sourcebooks as well.

The case being with all these examples is that they are contradicted by the primary material - that is not the case here.

Ursumeles
1. Yiz.

3. Yiz.

Yiz. smile
1./3. U agree, good

The goverment want to eat ur hair!

Azronger
This is essentially a question of who is closest to Plagueis. In which case I'm voting Tenebrous.

UCanShootMyNova
Alright. I'll give this about 20 more minutes before making the next threads.

UCanShootMyNova

The case being with all these examples is that they are contradicted by the primary material - that is not the case here.

So the stance you have is that unless outright contradicted the quotes are usable? Hmmmm, fair enough. I think I'll adopt that position as well.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by darthbane77
Revan is winning, as it should be.
Not anymore smile
Go Tenebrous!

UCanShootMyNova
Not anymore smile
Go Tenebrous!

How the tides shift. smile

DarthAnt66
Tied.

Beniboybling
So the stance you have is that unless outright contradicted the quotes are usable? Hmmmm, fair enough. I think I'll adopt that position as well. Any other stance is strikes me as arbitrary.

UCanShootMyNova
Tied.

Revan actually. Hopefully Krayt makes it into the next round.

UCanShootMyNova
Any other stance is strikes me as arbitrary.

thumb up

Ursumeles
Fugg.
Revan has one Vote more.

TenebrousWay
Ant, come on. Admit that Revan being above Tenebrous is pretty bizarre...

Petrus
21 votes wtf are we so many?

ares834

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Ant, come on. Admit that Revan being above Tenebrous is pretty bizarre...
I'd say that opposite, frankly.

Beniboybling
@AresOriginally posted by Beniboybling

Deronn_solo
Aligns with my point of them only being there for advertisement purposes to sell books, lmao.

ares834

Except sourcebooks are, well, sources. The blurb is written by advertising people in an attempt to sell the book by using hyperbolic language to make it sound exciting.

Nephthys
Another triumph for common sense. thumb up

aalyasecura95
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyu82WG_edM

Nephthys
Congratulations!

http://i.imgur.com/RUB87YD.gif

Beniboybling
Except sourcebooks are, well, sources. The blurb is written by advertising people in an attempt to sell the book by using hyperbolic language to make it sound exciting. You say that as if you haven't read the SWTORE or any SWTOR sources lmao.

Hyperbole is not something exclusive to publishing summaries, and if liberal language is the criteria for dismissing a source then most TOR secondary material is null and void.

More to the point, those statements are easily identifiable as such, but they are all grounded in some measure of truth. "Never before" is both a hyperbolic and vague phrase in of itself, but is reflected by sources that describe Bane as the strongest Sith Lord in centuries, "the very first Sith" if interpreted as the teach of ancient Sith Lords is loosely accurate, and finally as far as I'm aware Bane was the last surviving Sith after they all died on Ruusan. Certainly roundabouts.

There is much room of hyperbole regarding "the most powerful Sith Lord who ever lived" however, and its not contradicted by the source material, rather the opposite.

Nephthys
and as far as I'm aware Bane was the last surviving Sith after they all died on Ruusan.

The Lost Sith tribe. Not to mention those Sith that Heskal or whatever the **** his name was had.

UCanShootMyNova
Can someone make a thread titled "Vote! Moving On Down Edition" in the Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe with the poll options being as follows.

Vong Krayt
Karness Muur
Galen Marek
Count Dooku
Arcann
Darth Vader

Thanks.

Ursumeles
Can someone make a thread titled "Vote! Moving On Down Edition" in the Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe with the poll options being as follows.

Vong Krayt
Karness Muur
Galen Marek
Count Dooku
Arcann
Darth Vader

Thanks.
Lol. Vader wins. No question.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, you won't have a problem putting up the poll then, will you? :P

ares834

Beniboybling
And yet you take the rest at face value? confused

ares834
Take the rest of what?

Beniboybling
The SWTORE dear. smile

Geistalt
ha. Just noticed this.

lul @ whoever said Galen.

UCanShootMyNova
Fite me bro. smile

Geistalt
Fite me bro. smile never

UCanShootMyNova
:P

You're adjusting to KMC nicely btw.

Getting that trollish aura we all developed eventually.

ILS
Between Krayt and Tenny

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS
Between Krayt and Tenny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.