Captain Marvel (Billy) vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Facee
Discuss.

carver9
Surfer kills him.

tkitna
Billy loses. End of discussion.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Surfer kills him. Originally posted by tkitna
Billy loses. End of discussion.
Yup. RIP Billy.

Sin I AM
Lol. Its not that cut and dry. Toss up

carver9
Let me pull a Sin. What fts does Capital have to suggest this is a toss up.?

zopzop
He got nothin'

A better fight would be Captain Marvel vs Terrax or Captain Marvel vs Firelord.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Lol. Its not that cut and dry. Toss up

thumb up

Sin I AM

Hanging with Supes. Constant lip service about being Supes equal blah blah blah...without the obvious weakness exploitation and factoring in Norrins shitty h2h record.

carver9
Hanging with Supes. Constant lip service about being Supes equal blah blah blah...without the obvious weakness exploitation and factoring in Norrins shitty h2h record.

You don't think Surfer could "beat" Superman? Hanging with someone is one thing, beating someone is another.

Norrin doesn't have to go h2h and he doesn't need weakness exploitation either. Surfer is just more powerful.

Norrin is faster
Norrin has better h2h fts
Norrin is far more durable
Norrin is more versatile
More powerful
And like Sin always states and bring up, Norrin has far better fts. Isn't this what you always ask for Sin? Captain Marvel fts doesn't compare to what Surfer has done. Also, when did you start accepting lip service. We along with others have debated pages with you over lip service. With that said, it doesn't apply here.

Sin I AM
You don't think Surfer could "beat" Superman? Hanging with someone is one thing, beating someone is another.

Norrin doesn't have to go h2h and he doesn't need weakness exploitation either. Surfer is just more powerful.

Norrin is faster
Norrin is more versatile
More powerful
And like Sin always states and bring up, Norrin has far better fts. Isn't this what you always ask for Sin? Captain Marvel fts doesn't compare to what Surfer has done. Also, when did you start accepting lip service. We along with others have debated pages with you over lip service. With that said, it doesn't apply here.

Are you baiting me? Im not Saint. Im just stating the obvious. Surfer struggles against flying bricks who dont have weakness exploit (his track record against thor proves it). Marvel atleast prior to this reboot madness is essentially Thor. More or less...and Norrin sucks ass at h2h. Not saying billy wins or loses...it's a toss up.

carver9
Are you baiting me? Im not Saint. Im just stating the obvious. Surfer struggles against flying bricks who dont have weakness exploit (his track record against thor proves it). Marvel atleast prior to this reboot madness is essentially Thor. More or less...and Norrin sucks ass at h2h. Not saying billy wins or loses...it's a toss up.

Captain Marvel is no Thor and thats based off fte and Thor has the ability to absorb Surfer attacks.

Struggle against flying Bricks? Do you have the name of those bricks be struggle against? Are they top tier flying bricks?

Marvel isn't Thor.

Based off fts, Norrin stomps.

-Pr-
Surfer wins, more options.

lol @ it being easy though. It wouldn't remotely be.

Sin I AM
Agree to disagree. Not gonna rattle off feats all day..toss up

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-

This. The tendency toward hyperbole in who wins is the biggest plague in the everyday threads of this forum.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
This. The tendency toward hyperbole in who wins is the biggest plague in the everyday threads of this forum.

Yup.

It's like people can't admit that their precious charrie wouldn't absolutely stomp the other guy.

abhilegend

Norrin is faster
Norrin is more versatile
More powerful
Not even remotely true. Cap's record is phenomenal against Herald level beings.

And Cap is far superior to Surfer in h2h.

krisblaze
The thing I think is holding Billy back is that it's been so many years of back and forth between being shazam and captain marvel. He barely has any appearances where he's just regular CM.

"Id"
Originally posted by abhilegend

Agreed.

Billy two pices Norrin the way he two piced Superman.

DarkSaint85
Are you baiting me? Im not Saint.

More's the pity.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
More's the pity.

💘 💘

mighty adam

Norrin is faster
Norrin is more versatile
More powerful
And like Sin always states and bring up, Norrin has far better fts. Isn't this what you always ask for Sin? Captain Marvel fts doesn't compare to what Surfer has done. Also, when did you start accepting lip service. We along with others have debated pages with you over lip service. With that said, it doesn't apply here. captain marvel is more durable. And captain marvel has better h2h feats. The thread started didnt say bloodlust so ss cant blow up the planet. I agree toss up.

mighty adam
Yup.

It's like people can't admit that their precious charrie wouldn't absolutely stomp the other guy. you used to side against me when i said in a forum battle setting, thor beats the green ape all day everyday. You brought up this in character nonsense. If every fight is in character batman beats hulk, superman and everybody else by himself. Thats bs pis, cis, and pandering to the cast cow and its fanbase. In a FORUM BATTLE thor beats hulk everyday, and batman vs threads should be vs other low tier bums only or its pointless and stupid.

abhilegend
Originally posted by "Id"
Agreed.

Billy two pices Norrin the way he two piced Superman.
Only this time its not a suckershot, right?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by mighty adam
you used to side against me when i said in a forum battle setting, thor beats the green ape all day everyday. You brought up this in character nonsense. If every fight is in character batman beats hulk, superman and everybody else by himself. Thats bs pis, cis, and pandering to the cast cow and its fanbase. In a FORUM BATTLE thor beats hulk everyday, and batman vs threads should be vs other low tier bums only or its pointless and stupid.

Disagree. Even in forum battles thor doesn't best hulk everyday. We go by feats mostly...not powersets. Unless it's flash

JayDaDon

Lip service huh?

...Hoooray...

Also the thing about Thor is he has exotic options to counter Surfer. If they went that avenue Thor could hang with him there too. Their powersets ACTUALLY match up.

abhilegend
Thor just whacks him with a hammer in all their fights.

JayDaDon
The last fight was more of a stalemate. If they wanted to fill an entire comic with a full on exotic fight they could, but they don't show Thanos just brushing off Surfer's matter manipulation either(which is in his powerset), so why do it for Thor?

-Pr-
you used to side against me when i said in a forum battle setting, thor beats the green ape all day everyday. You brought up this in character nonsense. If every fight is in character batman beats hulk, superman and everybody else by himself. Thats bs pis, cis, and pandering to the cast cow and its fanbase. In a FORUM BATTLE thor beats hulk everyday, and batman vs threads should be vs other low tier bums only or its pointless and stupid.

...What the hell are you talking about?

ghostman
...What the hell are you talking about?

****ing LOL!! laughing laughing laughing

i was reading that like https://boxden.com/smilies/1ZYHHEt.png

mighty adam
...What the hell are you talking about? you know what the hell im talking about. Feat wise thor is more versatile. Thor rune king is more powerful the hotm hulk. The only thing hulk has over thor is marvel loves for him to job to hulk. Same way dc jobs superman to bats. Thor is marvels 1# power house but due to people probably people with autism loving the green tard more. Hulk beats him all a popularity contest

-Pr-
you know what the hell im talking about. Feat wise thor is more versatile. Thor rune king is more powerful the hotm hulk. The only thing hulk has over thor is marvel loves for him to job to hulk. Same way dc jobs superman to bats. Thor is marvels 1# power house but due to people probably people with autism loving the green tard more. Hulk beats him all a popularity contest

Okay... But how is that at all relevant to what I said?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JayDaDon
The last fight was more of a stalemate. If they wanted to fill an entire comic with a full on exotic fight they could, but they don't show Thanos just brushing off Surfer's matter manipulation either(which is in his powerset), so why do it for Thor?
Where Thor was injured and yet shrugging off Surfer's attacks.

I don't see how that's helpful for Surfer. Cap has been turned inside out and reformed instantly as his body is made of magic.

krisblaze
It's not like Thor wins through exotic means against Surfer either.

It's all hammer and lightning.

apex_pretador
Surfer

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi

truth

this is no where near easy for either and ss certainly does not sweep. if you think so you're ignorant of one or both characters.

JayDaDon
Where Thor was injured and yet shrugging off Surfer's attacks.

I don't see how that's helpful for Surfer. Cap has been turned inside out and reformed instantly as his body is made of magic.

Its not like Surfer was going for the kill either or even injured by Thor who was fully committing. Surfer was as usual...trying to reason while Thor was trying to fight.

mighty adam
Okay... But how is that at all relevant to what I said? i have no idea lol

Genii96

By 'sucks ass' you mean simply has FEW h2h feats right? Because I don't remember surfer being a shitty hand to hand fighter. Of his few cqc feats he still has several good ones. Who says this will generate to a h2h contest anyway ? Or does he have any super energy absorbing powers I am not aware of?

krisblaze
I always considered Surfer "great" in H2H in that he uses his powers while fighting hand to hand, not in the sense that he's a capable martial artist.

abhilegend
Its not like Surfer was going for the kill either or even injured by Thor who was fully committing. Surfer was as usual...trying to reason while Thor was trying to fight.
Surfer cheapshotted Thor regularly in the whole fight and actually hurt himself bullrushing Thor on Mars.

Thor actually no sold a point blank energy blasts from Surfer. Thor not being able to ko Surfer can be chalked up as Thor being injured. What's Surfer's excuse?

Cap I'd both stronger and more durable than Thor BTW.

zopzop
No. Cap is a full tier below the likes of Thor, Superman, and Surfer. He couldn't take Wonder Woman for the majority let alone the guys I mentioned previously.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
I always considered Surfer "great" in H2H in that he uses his powers while fighting hand to hand, not in the sense that he's a capable martial artist.

Lol...Captain Marvel use his powers when he goes h2h. WTF

abhilegend
Originally posted by zopzop
No. Cap is a full tier below the likes of Thor, Superman, and Surfer. He couldn't take Wonder Woman for the majority let alone the guys I mentioned previously.
Cap has beaten down Diana, J'onn, Kyle, Wally and Guy Gardner at once.

He has a phenomenal record against heralds. I'd like to see how he is a tier below Thor and Surfer.
Heck, Mary Marvel trashed Captain Atom like whoa and she is like two tiers below Billy.

Bringing Superman is pointless here.

carver9
When did Captain do that?

celeyhyga17

Cap I'd stronger than Thor BTW.
Edge to Thor

krisblaze
Thor is stronger than Cap?

How ****ing strong do you think Thor is?

zopzop
Cap has beaten down Diana, J'onn, Kyle, Wally and Guy Gardner at once.

He has a phenomenal record against heralds. I'd like to see how he is a tier below Thor and Surfer.
Heck, Mary Marvel trashed Captain Atom like whoa and she is like two tiers below Billy.

Bringing Superman is pointless here.
Mary never had another high showing like that again (non amped). The Marvel's are low (Mary, Freddie) to mid herald (Billy) at best.

I mentioned Superman because he's DC's elite High Herald like Thor and Surfer are Marvel's elite High Heralds. Captain Marvel is outclassed here.

celeyhyga17

Really strong.

JayDaDon
Surfer cheapshotted Thor regularly in the whole fight and actually hurt himself bullrushing Thor on Mars.

Thor actually no sold a point blank energy blasts from Surfer. Thor not being able to ko Surfer can be chalked up as Thor being injured. What's Surfer's excuse?

Surfet's excuse is again...he came to reason. One is a pacifist by nature the other not so much.

mighty adam
Originally posted by zopzop
Mary never had another high showing like that again (non amped). The Marvel's are low (Mary, Freddie) to mid herald (Billy) at best.

I mentioned Superman because he's DC's elite High Herald like Thor and Surfer are Marvel's elite High Heralds. Captain Marvel is outclassed here. a feat is a feat she beat captain atom. Just like cannonball beat gladiator. And hulk beat him. Captain marvel should get slightly edged out by surfer tho. 6/10 its not a easy fight tho

Sin I AM
Surfet's excuse is again...he came to reason. One is a pacifist by nature the other not so much.

that excuse aint really holding water anymore. maybe 50 years ago when he'd just lost Shalla-Bal and was pining over Zenn-La but not anymore

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Edge to Thor
In his dreams maybe. Originally posted by zopzop

I mentioned Superman because he's DC's elite High Herald like Thor and Surfer are Marvel's elite High Heralds. Captain Marvel is outclassed here.
That's some shitty reasoning.

And Superman is really variable. Using him as benchmark is futile.

Also I'd like to see one herald level being who has a clean victory against Cap.

abhilegend
Surfer was fighting like a madman.

abhilegend

He thinks Thor is Superman level strong.

Poor fool.

Tar-Antado
Surfer was fighting like a madman.

He was trying to convince Thor to stop fighting all throughout the fight. How is that fighting like a madman?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Tar-Antado
He was trying to convince Thor to stop fighting all throughout the fight. How is that fighting like a madman?
After Thor bullrushed Galactus? He was all "no mercy from power cosmic" and shit like that.

namorsubby
Marvels Power Cosmic or DCs Magic? Cap.

krisblaze
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Really strong.

Well I think Thor's pretty strong too stick out tongue

Genii96
After Thor bullrushed Galactus? He was all "no mercy from power cosmic" and shit like that.

Is that why he showed concern for Thor's injuries after that?

Genii96
Surfer wins. However I don't think it is so stomp

Genii96

He showed good skill against the warbound and abomination though

JayDaDon
It wont be a cakewalk but the point is, Surfer certainly wins.

Anadrol1

This. Surfer wins but it would definitely not be easily

carver9
Surfer stomping doesn't mean the fight will be easy, it does mean he will win 10/10 and every win could be hard fought wins.

Zack M
Billy.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
Is that why he showed concern for Thor's injuries after that?
And stuff like mercy is nothing for cosmic beings and shit like that.

abhilegend
It wont be a cakewalk but the point is, Surfer certainly wins.
It's by no mean a certainty. Billy can stand upto DOV Spectre and Eclipso.

Surfer is small potato compared to that.

JayDaDon
Surfer has stood up against opponents that far outpace Billy too. Listing specific feats and how they can be used to beat the opponent in question is much more effective imo

abhilegend
Surfer has stood up against opponents that far outpace Billy too. Listing specific feats and how they can be used to beat the opponent in question is much more effective imo
Yes, not to the effect of DOV Spectre though. I'm curious to see who these characters are though.

He has beaten J'onn, Kyle, Wally, Diana and Guy Gardner together. He has Superman level strength and that's enough to beat Surfer on its own.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

tkitna
Billy doesn't win even one. That's all anybody needs to know.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by tkitna
He gets a few ko's.

zopzop
This. Billy has NO chance. He's Terrax or Firelord level not Surfer's level.

h1a8
Tbh, I don't think Surfer, on average, can hurt his peers much with his blasts. What feats against his peers does he have that shows him able to hurt them significantly via blasts?

Even if Billy was Firelord level then I don't see Surfer hurting Firelord with his blasts.

Surfer's blasts are great against fodder but not so much against his peers or above.

abhilegend
Billy doesn't win even one. That's all anybody needs to know. Originally posted by zopzop
This. Billy has NO chance. He's Terrax or Firelord level not Surfer's level.
Maybe you two need to read some Captain Marvel comics.

But do enlighten me, how does Surfer win a majority?

abhilegend

Norrin is faster
Norrin is more versatile
More powerful
Just saw this.

What a laughable, shitty post.

Billy is far faster. He can actually race Flash and Flash even wondered if he was connected to speed force.

He is far stronger and has far better h2h feats.

Surfer is at best equal to Billy in durability. Marvels are the original Juggernauts and are ridiculously tough to put down. Just look at what Black Adam did in WWIII.

Surfer gets 5/10 as he has more feats and if he uses his versatility but if he goes close combat, he would get his head punched in.

And no, Surfer can't beat Superman for a majority even if we include weakness exploitation.

krisblaze
Even if we include weakness exploitation.

That is bananas.

abhilegend
That is fact. The only weakness exploitation feasible is energy drain and Superman has incredible resistance for that.

Kryptonite/red sun radiation is straight up fanfiction as Surfer has never used his powers that way.

Sin I AM
Surfer stomping doesn't mean the fight will be easy, it does mean he will win 10/10 and every win could be hard fought wins.

It's not ten fights. Its one fight. The percentage is based on odds Mitch

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
Tbh, I don't think Surfer, on average, can hurt his peers much with his blasts. What feats against his peers does he have that shows him able to hurt them significantly via blasts?

Even if Billy was Firelord level then I don't see Surfer hurting Firelord with his blasts.

Surfer's blasts are great against fodder but not so much against his peers or above.

What would someone have to show you for you to believe that Surfer blast can hurt high tier characters?

If we show you his blast hurting Hulk you're going to say Hulk was operating at low level of power.

If we show you his blasts hurting Thor you're going to say Thor was operating under a million tons.

Do you not see how pointless it is debating against you?

tkitna

But do enlighten me, how does Surfer win a majority?

The same way he would beat Superman, by being way more versatile and more powerful. Its not hard.

carver9
The same way he would beat Superman, by being way more versatile and more powerful. Its not hard.

Pretty much.

Sin I AM

Without weakness exploit he aint beating clark tho so there's that

tkitna
Without weakness exploit he aint beating clark tho so there's that

H2H is the only way he's not beating Clark. That goes for Billy too.

abhilegend
The same way he would beat Superman, by being way more versatile and more powerful. Its not hard. Originally posted by tkitna
Remind me of one herald who he has beaten with versatility and power?

He is not beating Superman anyway. His energy blasts are worth shit against actual characters. Thor has no sold it. Hulk has waded through it on multiple occasions. Heck, even Thing took several attacks from him just recently.

But do tell me, which versatile power does he use to beat Cap? Does he drain his magic? Matter manipulation which Cap will instantly reverse due to his magical body? Anything else?

h1a8
What would someone have to show you for you to believe that Surfer blast can hurt high tier characters?

If we show you his blast hurting Hulk you're going to say Hulk was operating at low level of power.

If we show you his blasts hurting Thor you're going to say Thor was operating under a million tons.

Do you not see how pointless it is debating against you?

I assume characters are always operating under average levels in a comic unless there is strong evidence against it.

So if you show Surfer significantly hurting top tier characters with his blasts then i'll accept it.

P.S. I don't consider Hulk with top tier durability. It's his HF that makes him equal in the damage taking department as other top tiers. In other words, Hulk is easier to damage than high heralds but has a better HF than high heralds. This equals him out to them. Thor is bordering on top tier durability. So he's not a great example. But I'll accept it if Surfer was shown to hurt him considerably with a single blast.

tkitna
His energy blasts seem to do just fine.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1987/Issue-1?id=11559#18
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1987/Issue-1?id=11559#19

Those blasts that KO'd an Elder Of The Universe would take down Billy, but if I'm bored i'll post some more stuff.

h1a8

How many times have you seen Norrin hurt a peer with his blasts? In his career his blasts has basically been fodder when he's facing a peer or higher. His blasts are GOD when facing beings or things significantly below him though. I don't think Norrin would do much with his blasts before he is KTFO. So his only chance to win went down the drain.

h1a8

Those blasts that KO'd an Elder Of The Universe would take down Billy, but if I'm bored i'll post some more stuff.

What? That's a weak ass feat. Champion without the PG has a shitty record in the durability department. Hurting him with blasts isn't impressive. Surfer doing that to Thor, IMO, is far more impressive. Give me some feats against mainstream characters (any herald of Galactus, Thor, Gladiator, Sentry, Blue Marvel, Hyperion, etc.)

What comic is that from anyway? I surprised I never seen that showing.

abhilegend

Champion the jobber? Dumb drax koed him with a thump to the head like a child when he was enhanced to the point he was beating Surfer's ass by an artifact. He is a joke. Cap would beat him down like nothing.

You would be better suited to show him knocking out Ben.

I'm still waiting on how he wins by superior versatility though.

tkitna
Here's Thor falling before it.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-4?id=44914#44

Regardless of cosmic blasts, Surfer could just probably gaze at him and have him stop fighting altogether or do whatever.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-5?id=44915#14

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-12?id=44905#28
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-12?id=44905#29

He can also use the environment around him as weapons.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-14?id=44907#24

I was going to go on and post a bunch of stuff, but whats the point? Its late and I'm tired and it wont get us anywhere anyways. I don't think Billy can beat him,,,,ever. I'm never going to believe it so lets just agree to disagree

abhilegend
Here's Thor falling before it.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-4?id=44914#44

Regardless of cosmic blasts, Surfer could just probably gaze at him and have him stop fighting altogether or do whatever.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-5?id=44915#14

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-12?id=44905#28
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-12?id=44905#29

He can also use the environment around him as weapons.
http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1968/Issue-14?id=44907#24

I was going to go on and post a bunch of stuff, but whats the point? Its late and I'm tired and it wont get us anywhere anyways. I don't think Billy can beat him,,,,ever. I'm never going to believe it so lets just agree to disagree
Amped by Loki there. Way to ignore context.

Wisdom of Solomon stops any attempt to mindrape. Not that Surfer tends to do that anyway.

Sure, that's going to work. /sarcasm

It's telling you don't have a single legit example of Surfer beating a Herald with his versatility or power.

You can believe whatever you want marvel zombie. It's not my concern. When you start spouting BS like Billy can't even win one fight against Surfer as a fact, that's the problem.

tkitna
Its not a problem. CM is a DC character so of course your going to take his side like you always do. I like Captain Marvel, but he's still a second rate Superman when its all said and done. I feel the Surfer has a superior powerset and he can do just about anything so I give him the win just as I would against Superman. I just don't feel like sifting through tons of pages of Surfer feats when everybody knows what he can do already. I'm just not that invested. It is what it is.

abhilegend
I'm not giving win to Cap if you actually read my post. I said it's a toss up if Surfer uses his versatility.

I've read pretty much everything Surfer has ever done. You don't get to play that card.

Surfer has an open powerset. Not that he is actually more powerful. Superman IS more powerful than Surfer in any raw power comparison.

You're confusing versatility with power. Just like every marvel zombie.

tkitna
You've admitted to reading pretty much everything the Surfer has done and you still want to argue about it. That's the mindboggling part. The only thing Clark and Billy have over the Surfer is pure physical strength. That's it. The Surfer has way more at his disposal. I cant see him losing to either one of those characters if he's bloodlusted or fighting at his best. I'm not saying the Surfer wouldn't work for the wins, but he would win nonetheless.

DarkSaint85
Pure physical strength works; just ask Hulk.

abhilegend
You've admitted to reading pretty much everything the Surfer has done and you still want to argue about it. That's the mindboggling part. The only thing Clark and Billy have over the Surfer is pure physical strength. That's it. The Surfer has way more at his disposal. I cant see him losing to either one of those characters if he's bloodlusted or fighting at his best. I'm not saying the Surfer wouldn't work for the wins, but he would win nonetheless.
Physical strength always trumps over versatility.

I asked you to provide a single instance of Surfer beating a legit Herald with versatility.

And of course I argue regarding this, I don't have CBR mentality regarding Surfer where he is some kind of invincible Herald wrecking machine.

And Superman would beat the shit out of Surfer. FYI

Sin I AM

Nice 👍

abhilegend
Nice 👍

Like I said strength always trumps versatility.

Tar-Antado
Pure physical strength works; just ask Hulk.

How has Hulk done with Norrin historically?

Sin I AM

Not ALWAYS...but mostly. Id say the majority of the time writers would rather have guys slug it out. If strength always surpassed versatility the hulk wouldnt get curbed by surfer consistently.

Sin I AM

He loses. Consistently

krisblaze

He gets shit on.

But obviously the Hulk can only jump and walk, and Billy is about a million times smarter and faster than he is.

KuRuPT Thanosi

too bad you abandoned the Thanos vs DS thread about strength

KuRuPT Thanosi
Only this time its not a suckershot, right?

billy does have a nice record against Supes

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
billy does have a nice record against Supes \
He really doesn't though and that's the problem. IF, notice I said "IF", he did, then this would actually be a good fight. As it is now, Billy gets killed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That is fact. The only weakness exploitation feasible is energy drain and Superman has incredible resistance for that.

Kryptonite/red sun radiation is straight up fanfiction as Surfer has never used his powers that way.

He analyzed Glads for weaknesses. He did so with Hulk as well. I wouldn't say it's beyond him to do or totally out of character. I would simply argue that it is likely he'll do that right away or mid fight.

tkitna

Yeah, sure does.

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125241/3044866-8435871039-29884.jpg

http://cbr3.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/imglib/bannercure8a-56fe4.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=700&h=1046&fit=crop

http://fdzeta.com/subir/images/2UeA.jpg

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/29361/671478-ashley.jpg

http://store.donanimhaber.com/b7/09/19/b709196b89657d80b4fa46b0380aaa47.jpg
http://store.donanimhaber.com/a3/09/54/a30954ab38edca857f10031e575605fd.jpg

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/here-drlight-tags-superman-and-states-that-even-hes-not-ftl-4920.jpg

As a courtesy, here's a few scans of those cosmic blasts that don't seem to have any effect on anybody.

http://store.donanimhaber.com/ff/0a/c0/ff0ac06910913dcf415921ca30a13443.jpg

http://store.donanimhaber.com/d9/04/db/d904db62aff70ccce69128fb9f1d0603.jpg

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1987/Issue-125?id=11599#35

http://store.donanimhaber.com/64/b0/6c/64b06ce05863a7f667ab1a8fea855391.jpg

abhilegend
Overpowered him twice even when he had the help of Namor. Surfer drained the power from him in IH 250 but savage hulk had little control over his powers anyway.

You should ask how Thing does against Surfer instead when Surfer has nothing to drain from him. Two knock outs and just recently Surfer couldn't beat him in a fight.

abhilegend
Not ALWAYS...but mostly. Id say the majority of the time writers would rather have guys slug it out. If strength always surpassed versatility the hulk wouldnt get curbed by surfer consistently.
He doesn't gets curbed.

ermOriginally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
too bad you abandoned the Thanos vs DS thread about strength
Because you were so articulate as usual.

abhilegend
Yeah, sure does.

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/125241/3044866-8435871039-29884.jpg

http://cbr3.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/imglib/bannercure8a-56fe4.jpg?auto=format&lossless=1&q=40&w=700&h=1046&fit=crop

http://fdzeta.com/subir/images/2UeA.jpg

http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/2/29361/671478-ashley.jpg

http://store.donanimhaber.com/b7/09/19/b709196b89657d80b4fa46b0380aaa47.jpg
http://store.donanimhaber.com/a3/09/54/a30954ab38edca857f10031e575605fd.jpg

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/here-drlight-tags-superman-and-states-that-even-hes-not-ftl-4920.jpg

As a courtesy, here's a few scans of those cosmic blasts that don't seem to have any effect on anybody.

http://store.donanimhaber.com/ff/0a/c0/ff0ac06910913dcf415921ca30a13443.jpg

http://store.donanimhaber.com/d9/04/db/d904db62aff70ccce69128fb9f1d0603.jpg

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Silver-Surfer-1987/Issue-125?id=11599#35

http://store.donanimhaber.com/64/b0/6c/64b06ce05863a7f667ab1a8fea855391.jpg
Half of those scans are out of context. Surfer was hugely amped when he drained Hulk for example.

In the second you are flat out showing photoshopped scans, cropped panels, energy manipulation scans as blasting and shit like that.

Are you sure you know how to actually ****ing read and comprehend?

tkitna
Half of those scans are out of context. Surfer was hugely amped when he drained Hulk for example.

Which instance? The Surfer wasn't the only scan. You yourself said that strength ALWAYS trumps versatility. I provided scans in which the stronger opponent lost.

Ok, so the energy manipulation one can be used as versatility too. Why the swearing Abhi? You getting upset?

abhilegend
Which instance? The Surfer wasn't the only scan.

Yes, and almost every other scan had context. Like Superman was weakened.

And Surfer was amped via gamma bombs in IH 250 BTW.

There are exceptions to every rule. Doesn't means the exception is more likely.

Except its not useful here. Is he going to manipulate magic here?

And I'm just letting you know that you are simply desperately searching for google images.

tkitna
Except its not useful here. Is he going to manipulate magic here?

So your saying that the only possible way for Captain Marvel to be beaten is by physical force? I'm sure I can provide scans of Billy going down by something other than a punch. The Surfer has many more options than just matter manipulation.

laughing Desperately? I have pretty much every SS comic at my fingertips, but its a lot easier to grab a scan your looking for off of the net.

Zack M
When has Surfer defeated an opponent like Billy? His magic protects him from being manipulated on a molecular level. Unless Surfer can override that, it's not going to be a viable option.

abhilegend
So your saying that the only possible way for Captain Marvel to be beaten is by physical force?

In this fight? Yes.

Why don't you provide the scans of these other options beating someone worth anything?

You posted a photoshopped scan of Surfer blasting Impossible Man where literally the words are edited to look like he is blasting Superman with kryptonite.

So yes, you are desperate. Very desperate. Your marvel zombiness is also showing.

tkitna
In this fight? Yes.

Why do you say this? The Surfer is one of the most versatile characters there is. Why couldn't he change the air around Billy and suffocate him? He could blind him and continuously tee off on him. How about shutting his mind down? He has tons of options.

Lol. I posted that one just for you.

Anyways, if I find the time, i'll sift through the Captain Marvel/Shazam stuff for some scans.

abhilegend
Why do you say this? The Surfer is one of the most versatile characters there is. Why couldn't he change the air around Billy and suffocate him? He could blind him and continuously tee off on him. How about shutting his mind down? He has tons of options.

Because this isn't fanfiction. You post Surfer doing either of those and I'll show how it won't be possible.

Uh-huh.

So lowballing, eh?

tkitna
Here's how the Surfer should beat Billy because it would be hysterical.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/silver-surfer-atomizes-clothing-constriction.jpg

The easiest way that would take no time at all though would be to change the atmosphere or air around him into something he couldn't breathe like poisonous gas or something.

Not the exact scan I wanted, but everybody should get the idea of what he's capable of.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/silver-surfer-creates-breathable-atmosphere.png

And since,,,,,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oVziK9ooh5M/VyLISq4WPNI/AAAAAAAABD8/t7cdv-h_6L0YA5VjAKbome_wBlusKkogwCCo/s0/RCO017.jpg

Sin I AM
Fanfic forum surfer

DarkSaint85
Cap doesn't need equipment to breathe in space in later years...see OWAW, for example.

But then, they also had Flash running in space, so...

KuRuPT Thanosi
He doesn't gets curbed.

erm
Because you were so articulate as usual.

Pot, meet Kettle

abhilegend
Here's how the Surfer should beat Billy because it would be hysterical.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/silver-surfer-atomizes-clothing-constriction.jpg

The easiest way that would take no time at all though would be to change the atmosphere or air around him into something he couldn't breathe like poisonous gas or something.

Not the exact scan I wanted, but everybody should get the idea of what he's capable of.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/silver-surfer-creates-breathable-atmosphere.png

And since,,,,,

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oVziK9ooh5M/VyLISq4WPNI/AAAAAAAABD8/t7cdv-h_6L0YA5VjAKbome_wBlusKkogwCCo/s0/RCO017.jpg
Cap doesn't needs to breathe. The mask was purely due to the fact that Billy thought he needed air.

At this point, you're just boring me and throwing up random shit.

tkitna
Ok, I tire of this. We have one of the most powerful, versatile characters ever written versus a 2nd tier Superman type character that cant do anything but punch and throw some lightning around. If you can think it up, the Surfer can pretty much do it. Since i'm no longer interested in looking stuff up and being told it wouldnt work because ke's magic, lets let the people decide.

Here's two pages of Surfer feats. If you want to continue, show us something from Billy that would convince us he could beat a character like that. If you dont, thats great too.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2015/01/02/aipt-tribute-the-silver-surfer-part-1/
http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2015/01/06/aipt-tribute-the-silver-surfer-part-2/

DarkSaint85
thumb up Cap winsevil face

abhilegend
I accept your Concession.

Toss up if Surfer uses his versatility. Billy wins if Surfer goes as usual with punches and blasts.

JayDaDon
Fanfic forum surfer

If we call this I'll definitely be there saying this whenever the IMP per millisecond spamming flash pops up in threads.

DarkSaint85
Except Flash has IMPd before.

Surfer has never made Knite, or even red sun rads specifically.

He has threatened Glads with radiation, true, but at least Flash has done it.

krisblaze
They're not saying Surfer uses knite though.

They're saying that the Surfer would **** with oxygen.

darthgoober
Except Flash has IMPd before.

Surfer has never made Knite, or even red sun rads specifically.

He has threatened Glads with radiation, true, but at least Flash has done it.
Yeah but logic and common sense have to be factored in when you're talking about an open ended powerset. We don't doubt that Thanos w/IG could create a car just because he never did it after all. Or that Hal Jorden could create a construct to look like the Starship Enterprise just because he's never done it. We know Surfer can create/manipulate radiation and solar energy so saying that he could utilize either isn't really a stretch. It makes no more sense to penalize character's who's powerset is to do virtually anything within a certain scope strictly to the specific things they've used it for on panel than it does to say that someone who's lifted a corvet on panel with ease can't lift a firebird because he's never preformed that specific feat.

DarkSaint85
It's not as open ended as you think, however.

I will talk about the oxygen messing, because kris has brought it up and reminded me what the tactic is.

Whilst it CAN be used in such a manner, Surfer has NEVER thought to do so in such a manner.

To then suddenly think about it and use it against an opponent he has no idea about, and nearly kill him through suffocation.....

krisblaze
He has created oxygen for people to breathe in though.

I don't think that's a particularly viable tactic for this fight however, and it's a bit of a moot point since Billy is like the one DC character who doesn't have a retarded weakness.

DarkSaint85
He has created oxygen for people to breathe in though.

I don't think that's a particularly viable tactic for this fight however, and it's a bit of a moot point since Billy is like the one DC character who doesn't have a retarded weakness.

He has indeed.

But suffocating them? When he has never done so? I mean, this does not sound like the pacifist Surfer - and doesn't even sound like an angry Surfer, considering he has never once thought about it. We still argue in character, after all,

And yeah, moot point.

darthgoober
It's not as open ended as you think, however.

I will talk about the oxygen messing, because kris has brought it up and reminded me what the tactic is.

Whilst it CAN be used in such a manner, Surfer has NEVER thought to do so in such a manner.

To then suddenly think about it and use it against an opponent he has no idea about, and nearly kill him through suffocation.....
Oh I'm not saying that he'll deprive CM of oxygen(though it's certainly a possibility), I was just addressing those specifics because they get thrown around a lot.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
Oh I'm not saying that he'll deprive CM of oxygen(though it's certainly a possibility), I was just addressing those specifics because they get thrown around a lot.

With regards to THOSE specifics....

When has Surfer scanned someone and actually followed through on his threat? Hence the term 'fanfic Surfer'. He doesn't have that mindset to scan an opponent, find their weakness, and ACTUALLY follow through on it.

CAN he do it? Like you said, he has done so before. WILL he do it? Fanfic Surfer would.

Would Thanos create a car mid battle with the IG? No. Could he? Sure. But if he was fighting a character who, unbeknownst to him was only weak to cars (and nothing else), he isn't suddenly throwing out cars. And he's a villain.

krisblaze
He has indeed.

But suffocating them? When he has never done so? I mean, this does not sound like the pacifist Surfer - and doesn't even sound like an angry Surfer, considering he has never once thought about it. We still argue in character, after all,

And yeah, moot point.

Pacifist?

He's been in over a hundred fights.

He won't seek out violence, but it doesn't really take that much to get him riled up tbh.

DarkSaint85
Pacifist?

He's been in over a hundred fights.

He won't seek out violence, but it doesn't really take that much to get him riled up tbh.

To the point he takes the oxygen out from someone? How does he usually fight in those hundred fights? Should be a nice round number to get a percentage, actually. 50% of the time? 1%? 2? The majority of the time, he punches or blasts energy.

Majority.

krisblaze
To the point he takes the oxygen out from someone? How does he usually fight in those hundred fights? Should be a nice round number to get a percentage, actually. 50% of the time? 1%? 2? The majority of the time, he punches or blasts energy.

Majority.

I don't understand why you're singling out the removal of oxygen as something particularly violent.

It's far less violent than slugging it out.

darthgoober
With regards to THOSE specifics....

When has Surfer scanned someone and actually followed through on his threat? Hence the term 'fanfic Surfer'. He doesn't have that mindset to scan an opponent, find their weakness, and ACTUALLY follow through on it.

CAN he do it? Like you said, he has done so before. WILL he do it? Fanfic Surfer would.

Would Thanos create a car mid battle with the IG? No. Could he? Sure. But if he was fighting a character who, unbeknownst to him was only weak to cars (and nothing else), he isn't suddenly throwing out cars. And he's a villain.
Yeah but at the same time... when has Flash ever used more than 1 IMP in a fight? I mean I know that he once stated that he could hit someone a million times and then followed up with an IMP, but has he ever actually used multiple IMP's in a fight? Does that mean that characters facing the Flash on the forum only have to worry about a single IMP no matter how long the fight drags on? His threat against Gladiator is more than enough to demonstrate that using a specific frequency of radiation is more than enough that it's within his character to do so even though he wasn't forced to actually follow through with the threat. Especially since he's actually manipulated specific frequencies of radiation multiple times against guys like the Hulk.

Galan007
Has Flash ever *needed* to use an IMP more than once, though?

DarkSaint85
I don't understand why you're singling out the removal of oxygen as something particularly violent.

It's far less violent than slugging it out.

Doesn't have to be violent, just something that Surfer, in character, won't think of.

CAN he? Sure. WILL he? Ah.

krisblaze
Doesn't have to be violent, just something that Surfer, in character, won't think of.

There's plenty of incident where's not using violence.

I don't believe that sort of tactic is particularly effective outside cases where his opponents rely on specific energies, like gamma or solar energy, but there are plenty of incidents where he has.

Look at the link tktina posted.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but at the same time... when has Flash ever used more than 1 IMP in a fight? I mean I know that he once stated that he could hit someone a million times and then followed up with an IMP, but has he ever actually used multiple IMP's in a fight? Does that mean that characters facing the Flash on the forum only have to worry about a single IMP no matter how long the fight drags on? His threat against Gladiator is more than enough to demonstrate that using a specific frequency of radiation is more than enough that it's within his character to do so even though he wasn't forced to actually follow through with the threat. Especially since he's actually manipulated specific frequencies of radiation multiple times against guys like the Hulk.

What Galan said.

Moreover, again, at least he has done HALF of his threat. All Surfer did was make a threat.

In character, the Flash would do an IMP. IF the villain is still standing, then he can follow up with another, single IMP. And another. And another.

All single, discrete punches.

Problem is, he is also travelling at the speed of light. So kinda moot, lol. 1 punch, 2, 500 - they all arrive at pretty much the same instant.

I mean, we always have threats being made in comics. Villain XYZ has 'the ultimate weapon' to 'finally put you down for good'. Tony Stark has built the one armour 'that will put you away for good this time'.

The proof is in the pudding. Until Surfer actually does so (in his hundred or so fights), then all it is, is a threat. That we do not know if he would actually go through with.

There's plenty of incident where's not using violence.

I don't believe that sort of tactic is particularly effective outside cases where his opponents rely on specific energies, like gamma or solar energy, but there are plenty of incidents where he has.

Look at the link tktina posted.

Again - he has obviously never thought of it (or at least, the writers haven't, lol). So in character, 'removing all of my opponents' oxygen' isn't going to be the thing that pops into his mind. 'Energy blasts, punching and flying around a lot', is.

carver9

But yet you used Midnighter opening doors majority of the time in battles and Flash imping throughout his battles. Can they, sure, will they, 90 to 95% of the time, they do not use this tactic.

DarkSaint85
But yet you used Midnighter opening doors majority of the time in battles and Flash imping throughout his battles. Can they, sure, will they, 90 to 95% of the time, they do not use this tactic.

Midnighter is a bastard, who cheats, and does anything he can in order to get the win he wants. His entire shtick is working backwards in order to get his win:

http://i.imgur.com/DsqL5PT.jpg

Flash - well, I have already addressed in my above post (in addition to Galan's).

krisblaze
Again - he has obviously never thought of it (or at least, the writers haven't, lol). So in character, 'removing all of my opponents' oxygen' isn't going to be the thing that pops into his mind. 'Energy blasts, punching and flying around a lot', is.

Draining their energy or increasing the gravity is though.

So he certainly has affected the bodies of his opponents and the areas around them.

DarkSaint85
Draining their energy or increasing the gravity is though.

So he certainly has affected the bodies of his opponents and the areas around them.

Then he would do so. But not that specific tactic, of oxygen removal.

darthgoober
What Galan said.

Moreover, again, at least he has done HALF of his threat. All Surfer did was make a threat.

In character, the Flash would do an IMP. IF the villain is still standing, then he can follow up with another, single IMP. And another. And another.

Problem is, he is also travelling at the speed of light. So kinda moot, lol. 1 punch, 2, 500 - they all arrive at pretty much the same instant.

I mean, we always have threats being made in comics. Villain XYZ has 'the ultimate weapon' to 'finally put you down for good'. Tony Stark has built the one armour 'that will put you away for good this time'.

The proof is in the pudding. Until Surfer actually does so (in his hundred or so fights), then all it is, is a threat. That we do not know if he would actually go through with.

What Galan said also applies to Surfer though... Has Surfer ever NEEDED to bring down Glads via stromiom(or however it's spelled) radiation?

And again, Surfer's used specific frequencies of radiation against Hulk.

JayDaDon
What Galan said.

What he has done is still a far cry from "spamming" Imps and a far cry from his normal battle tactics.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>