Is It Just Me, Or...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geistalt

Zenwolf
So then what does that make Mace Windu and a bunch of other alien Jedi who have shown great Force strength and potential? I mean the strongest Jedi before Luke was Yoda and he wasn't white, but a short, green alien.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Zenwolf
So then what does that make Mace Windu and a bunch of other alien Jedi who have shown great Force strength and potential? I mean the strongest Jedi before Luke was Yoda and he wasn't white, but a short, green alien. It still pales in comparison to that of Valkorion, Luke, and Sidious.

darthbane77
Odan-Urr, Thon, Nomi Sunrider, Jaina Solo, Yoda, Mace Windu, and quite a few others would disagree with this.

cs_zoltan
You typed "every fiction ever" wrong.

White men are just plain superior, no point denying it.

Geistalt
And alien Jedi don't count, even if aliens were meant to serve as a parallel to other ethnicities.

Zenwolf
How do aliens not count? There are aliens that have vast Force strength or potential and are not white.

Geistalt
How do aliens not count? There are aliens that have vast Force strength or potential and are not white. They don't count because they aren't IRL ethnicities.

Zenwolf
Well ok if you wanna go that route, there's still a lot of female Force Users who are quite powerful.

Selenial
No, but a lot of the authors are.

Trocity
Hapes, anyone?

aalyasecura95
no it is not just you and you are right in what you say. star wars has been very dominated by male white figures in recent years as reflection of the white patriarchy we live. although things are turning around now and disney looks like it wants to introduce more female characters and people from the other cultures. maybe after novemeber 8th people will realize these outdated notions but it will be a long way until the inequality is fixed because there are many people who are fine with the sexism. although in star wars at least there seems to be some real progress in the new movies and the tv shows and i hope that continues. it would be really good to create new female force users in star wars and maybe make old male force users from legends into female in canon.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Geistalt
It still pales in comparison to that of Valkorion, Luke, and Sidious.

Valkorion was born red.

Zenwolf
So I guess we're just ignoring all the female Force Users then....ya sure if you do that, then I guess SW is sexist..

Kurk
https://media2.giphy.com/media/26uf2AQtSH5gg1egM/200.gif#5

aalyasecura95
So I guess we're just ignoring all the female Jedi then....ya sure if you do that, then I guess SW is sexist.. no the point is that there are far less powerful women than there are men in star wars...... women make up majority in many countries yet dont make up a majority of characters and powerful characters in star wars..... that is sexism plain and simple......

Trocity
The majority of posters in this section are male, too; Guess this forum is sexist towards women... or maybe it's just that the majority of people who have been into Star Wars have been male, and that Star Wars has largely been geared towards males and geeks in the past.

You make me cringe. Seriously.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
no the point is that there are far less powerful women than there are men in star wars...... women make up majority in many countries yet dont make up a majority of characters and powerful characters in star wars..... that is sexism plain and simple......

Yeah cause Mara Jade, Satele Shan, Nomi Sunrider, The Exile, Traya/Kreia, Lumiya, Leia Organa, Jaina Solo and a bunch of others aren't powerful women...

aalyasecura95
Yeah cause Mara Jade, Satele Shan, Nomi Sunrider, The Exile, Traya/Kreia, Lumiya, Leia Organa, Jaina Solo aren't powerful women... no one is saying that there are no powerful women in star wars......the point is that there are far many more powerful men...... and that is obvious.... also none of these people are top tier which is dominated by men (vitiate, sidious, luke, plagueis....)

Ursumeles
Talzin, Gethzerion, The Daughter, Abeloth...

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Talzin, Gethzerion, The Daughter, Abeloth...

Also these.

MythLord
Windu, Talzin, Abeloth, Geth, Vergere, Yaddle, Terror From Beyond, heck even the Bedlams in some sense(since two of them are females apparently)...

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
Windu
Wat
Edit: Nvm, thought you meant females.

Trocity
He's a brotha.

aalyasecura95
Talzin, Gethzerion, The Daughter, Abeloth... right and those are basically the only top tier ones who are female except maybe a few others..... also the power of most of these women doesn't come from themselves.... for example talzin needs dathomir amp to be considered top tier and abeloth gained her powers through non-natural ways. the daughter is ok but the male top tiers still vastly outnumber the females.

now for male top tiers, this just off the top of my head

the father
the son
sidious
yoda
vitiate
luke
plagueis
sarasu taalon (arguably)

if we extend that definition to include people who are below top tier but still high tier in power (in no particular order and simply off top of my head)...

revan
nihilus
exar kun
karness muur
ajunta pall
marka ragnos
vader/anakin
tenebrous
darth krayt
darth caedus
kyp durron
windu

so yes there are some females but the high tiers and top tiers are so dominated by men it isn't funny......

ares834
http://67.media.tumblr.com/f6251497804088ae69f3066479a84037/tumblr_nsmxfqI3bd1qkko3bo1_400.gif

Geistalt
Talzin, Gethzerion, The Daughter, Abeloth... Talzin isn't a natural Force-wielder.
The next-strongest Force-user's Jaina Solo Fel.

Trocity
That's being super nitpicky... so because she uses Nightsister magic, her being able to compete with Darth Sidious, the most powerful character barring the Ones in canon, and arguably in the EU as well, she just doesn't count as a powerful female force user?

Hilarious.

Beniboybling
Her Nightsister magicks represent the female dependency on the patriarchy.

DarthAnt66
http://www.brownpoliticalreview.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/MAGA.svg_.png

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Her Nightsister magicks represent the female dependency on the patriarchy. And who does she die at the hands of? White male oppressors. Who in the process strip an "alien" of his cultural heritage.

no

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Trocity
That's being super nitpicky... so because she uses Nightsister magic, her being able to compete with Darth Sidious, the most powerful character barring the Ones in canon, and arguably in the EU as well, she just doesn't count as a powerful female force user?

Hilarious. well she still counts but not as much.... it isn't as special if she is using other means because that makes out like she is a woman who is dependent on other things.... we've yet to see many non-entity top-tier female characters who pull their own weight and are role models and who are independent.... except maybe rey who will become more powerful later on.

Azronger
Guess what? I literally don't care. A character can be any gender, race, or sexuality, and I wouldn't care. What matters is how well they are written.

aalyasecura95
so you don't care about social progress and the representation of people who have been oppressed historially.... the white male authors who write these books needs to acknowledge their privelege and practice humility.... these little things may not seem important but they have great impact on are youth. before rey there was not many universally known female role models who were also powerful jedi. now disney are changing things and that is good.

DarthAnt66
so you don't care about social progress and the representation of people who have been oppressed historially.....
thumb up

Unbowed
so you don't care about social progress and the representation of people who have been oppressed historially.... the white male authors who write these books needs to acknowledge their privelege and practice humility.... these little things may not seem important but they have great impact on are youth. before rey there was not many universally known female role models who were also powerful jedi. now disney are changing things and that is good.
Rey is a malignant ****.

|King Joker|
AHSOKA TANO. smile

Kurk
You know for a minute I thought this was a troll tread but then I saw aayla's signature

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
White men are just plain superior, no point denying it.

thumb up

Zoltan knows what's up.

Geistalt
Originally posted by Trocity

Hilarious. Despite her being able to compete with Sidious, rather. And I'm equally pissed about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.