Potential New Placement for Nihilus?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
Here it is

Kreia, in cut content, suggests that the Ancient Sith knew Nihilus' drain technique; that it was common of powerful Sith Lords at the time. She also says that she's afraid Nihilus rivals the ancients, not that he's superior to them, but that he may be equal to them at this point in the game. Of course, this is all reliant on whether or not we think the cut content can be taken into consideration in debates (which I think it can personally.) What does everybody think of this?

DarthAnt66
This has been known for over a decade now. stick out tongue It's the reason a lot of people put Nihilus below the ancients.

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
This has been known for over a decade now. stick out tongue It's the reason a lot of people put Nihilus below the ancients. Ah, didn't know that.

Nephthys
Avellone clarified that the Ancient Sith never actually used the technique in an interview though.

ChaosTheory123
Pretty sure ****ers here have known about this a while now

You can certainly argue for it with knowledge Kreia's assertions about Hord were spot on

I'm personally ambivalent to the notion, but I don't hold Nihilus all that highly anyway *shrugs*

darthbane77
I wasn't aware that this was already known, this is the first time I've heard of it.

NewGuy01
Lol, "new."

Nephthys
Personally I find it highly unlikely Traya's thoughts on this are accurate. There's no known examples of an Ancient Sith using anything resembling the technique on the scale Nihilus did, nor have we ever seen any worlds that have been ravaged similarly to how Katarr was. Other than Nathema, no Force-dead/Wound worlds have been noted to exist. Therefore I think we can say that as of now, Nihilus remains the greatest wielder of the technique, other than perhaps Valkorion.

UCanShootMyNova
Traya's just a fangirl.

Azronger
Old news.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Azronger
Old news.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I find it highly unlikely Traya's thoughts on this are accurate. There's no known examples of an Ancient Sith using anything resembling the technique on the scale Nihilus did, nor have we ever seen any worlds that have been ravaged similarly to how Katarr was. Other than Nathema, no Force-dead/Wound worlds have been noted to exist. Therefore I think we can say that as of now, Nihilus remains the greatest wielder of the technique, other than perhaps Valkorion.

Valkorion's never used the technique.

The Ancient Sith don't use this technique, since they didn't want their identities to be subsumed by the power. Though that does raise the question of how Traya knew them to be so good at the technique, but either way, I hardly take this as gospel, given KotOR II's portrayal of the Ancient Sith.

Unbowed
Traya taught Nihilus the technique, and she presumably learned it from Malachor. Malachor was supposed to have been a "gateworld"(per Sion) and a "beacon"(per Atris) to the True Sith empire.

So it stands to reason that Traya knew about the ancient Sith using the technique from records on Malachor, or else she simply inferred it.

That being said, I recall an interview where Avellone said the "True Sith" that were to appear in KOTOR 3 were supposed to be far more powerful abominations than even Nihilus and capable of shaping galaxies, so it's up to your personal headcanon to resolve the issue.

Personally, if Kreia knew of the technique and taught it to Nihilus, I see no contradiction with Hord, Ragnos, Sadow etc. also knowing it.

Presumably they had other means of causing destruction on that scale - like the "power to wrench fire from the stars" that Sadow and Keto used - and thought it wasn't worth the risk of being enslaved like Nihilus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.