Could Darth Bane bury the Lusankya?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Could he have mindwiped the potentially billions-trillions of witnesses as it was lowered deep beneath the depths of Coruscant?

TenebrousWay
No. He'd mindslave Sidious to do that for him.

Ziggystardust
Thousands to millions is the limit Eli, and I don't care what your personal interpretation based on the technology advances they "should have had"to send the message around. It's not as good as the in-universe explanation - which is the only data we have on the matter.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Thousands to millions is the limit Eli, and I don't care what your personal interpretation based on the technology advances they "should have had"to send the message around. It's not as good as the in-universe explanation - which is the only data we have on the matter.

What in-universe explanation? Wedge's on-the-spot guess?

Just dismissing my "personal interpretation" by using the adjective "personal" doesn't negate its reasoning.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by The Ellimist
What in-universe explanation? Wedge's on-the-spot guess?

Just dismissing my "personal interpretation" by using the adjective "personal" doesn't negate its reasoning.

His in universe interpretation is going to be closer to the truth than yours - knowledge of comm systems and such. And yes, I use that description of it being "personal" because it's your idea of what happened against the texts. And of course, as someone who constantly argues from the intent of the author, Wedge's statement without contradiction should end the debate there.

Nephthys
Wedge is obviously infinitely better informed than any of us.

Beniboybling
What's the contradiction here, do not sufficient millions make billions, even trillions?

Zenwolf
These types of threads are getting old tbh.

Kurk
The Bane trashing is getting way old

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
His in universe interpretation is going to be closer to the truth than yours -

Or not, because most people are horrible at estimating large numbers. If we based our knowledge of modern technology, cosmology, etc. on laypeople's numerical estimations, we'd not be having this conversation right now.

Nice vague appeal to authority/ignorance. That doesn't work; firstly, the billions estimate would function independent of taking into account comms at all just by considering how many would be able to see a massive super star destroyer encased in a torpedo sphere lowered down from orbit given Coruscant's demonstrable population density; secondly, because we've seen enough instances of comms being used, and can conclude safely that they're not a dozen times slower than RL cell phones (lol wut), which is what would be required for your case to make any sense at all.

By the way, thank you for conceding Sidious's status as the most powerful sith lord ever, since you now acknowledge that in-universe sources like the New Essential Chronology and Darth Vader in Death Star are more insightful than yourself. thumb up

You mean Wedge making an on-the-spot guess? Please provide an actual case for how his guess makes sense rather than just assuming he's an infallible predictor of population sizes or something.

You're pretty cute when you try. I'm the opposite of the authorial intent proponent. Please keep amusing me.

Beniboybling
Is this Bane with his limitations shed?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Is this Bane with his limitations shed?

Yes, he's pathetic enough to qualify for that trope. thumb up

Beniboybling
The Lusankya falls on him then. smile

The Ellimist
But will he mind fogg people or will his failure be visible to everyone?

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Nice vague appeal to authority/ignorance. That doesn't work; firstly, the billions estimate would function independent of taking into account comms at all just by considering how many would be able to see a massive super star destroyer encased in a torpedo sphere lowered down from orbit given Coruscant's demonstrable population density; secondly, because we've seen enough instances of comms being used, and can conclude safely that they're not a dozen times slower than RL cell phones (lol wut), which is what would be required for your case to make any sense at all.

Actually tbh, i can only be fair, i agree with this. Thinking about the very visible ship coming down on Coruscant. I imagine it would have had the same reaction and coverage that the TWC/9.11 had. I knew about that about ten minutes from the event, and I was only 4 years old. So Sheev would have had to basically remove the memory rom probably around half the population; pretty monumental. Just to be clear though, I don 't think there would have literally been billions of eye witnesses, as in people who were literally there seeing it coming down in the flesh, based on the population and surface size of the planet. You're welcome to shed some light on that issue.

As for author intent. You have used comments made by Sam Witwer in favour of Vader in the Force unleashed titles, yet none of those illusions are made clear in the source material as it's defined; 4 different adaptations of the game. That would be arguing from the intent of the creator, so if you're not an intent proponent, it certainly wasn't made clear to me.

Rezuron
He lifts it because of his orbalisk armor thumb up

GM Yoda
Bane would get buried by the Lusankya.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.