TCW: Both Legends and Canon, or only Canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Given how it doesn't fit in with the EU story-line, vote in the poll.

Make your arguments for or against it in the comments below.

The Ellimist
Is, or ought?

DarthAnt66
Pertaining to debates, that is.

In other words, should we use TCW for Legends debates?

The Ellimist
I mean, there may be a difference between that I think should be the case, and what Disney says.

DarthAnt66
Well, what do you think the board should follow?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Well, what do you think the board should follow?

It's difficult to say dismiss Disney policy, but in the absence of that, I think TCW should be used. It's a pretty rich story, and it's not impossible to reconcile with the rest of Legends - there are a few problematic parts like Bane's ghost, but that was an illusion anyway.

Really Legends and Canon only become impossible to reconcile between RotS ANH, and then after RotJ.

The Merchant
Canon only IMO. We already have a Legends interpretation of what happened between 2 and 3.

TenebrousWay
Canon only, IMO.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The Merchant
Canon only IMO. We already have a Legends interpretation of what happened between 2 and 3.

This really, there's plenty of pre-TCW material.

There are a few things that can fit into Legends nicely though.

darthbane77
Both, for the reason Ellimist mentioned.

ILS
Trying to reconcile Legends Grievous with TCW is quite difficult, though I've seen good arguments for it. I would just stick to saying "If X Legends showing is to be believed, then draw Y conclusion".

There's just too much... TCW.

The_Tempest
TCW-the-tv-series is canon.
There are various TCW books which are Legends.

Some of which are even adaptations of tv episodes, like the Clone Wars Conspiracy novel which adapts the Maul arc. That's Legends.

Azronger
Originally posted by The_Tempest
TCW-the-tv-series is canon.
There are various TCW books which are Legends.

Some of which are even adaptations of tv episodes, like the Clone Wars Conspiracy novel which adapts the Maul arc. That's Legends.

This.

Beniboybling
I would say that content published at the same time as TCW should be considered congruous with its version of events, nothing earlier though.

Darth Thor
But Legends adopted the Mortis arc into its continuity right? And that arc was only in the form of the Tv episodes IIRC.

Kurk
TCW Canon
OCW Legends

Just look at the Grievous contrast

Darth Thor
Problem is Legends went out of it's way to incorporate TCW into it. The Mortis Arc, Darth Maul's return, Ahsoka e.t.c.

Legends was so stupid it'd blatantly contradict itself without a moment's hesitation, all in servitude to the actual and true Canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.