Marvel and DC combine and you are in it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Marvel and DC combine and you have been transported to this new universe. You get to choose which hero powers you want to have in this new universe but you do not get the experience. As soon as you hit the planet Parasite , Magneto, and Super Skrull are waiting for you with the urge to torture you. Who powers will you take?

Surfer
Superman
Stardust
Thor

You do get your comic knowledge of what these 3 can do.

golem370
Surfer for me.

Sin I AM
Clark

bluewaterrider
Mjolnir is apparently sentient now. For users it likes, it will even assume human appearance and act on the wielder's behalf. It is essentially a magic partner that can remove serious threats from the battlefield, heal its owner of various, though obviously not all, forms of damage, and teleport its owner and others to safety.

Thor, therefore, seems like the best choice under almost any ordinary circumstance.

tkitna
Surfer

psycho gundam
Surfer.

He can turn the local Oxygen into Chlorine

Khazra Reborn
Thor, for no other reason than I like him best.

-Pr-
Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman.

What a surprise stick out tongue

"Id"
None on the list.

BruceSkywalker
which thor?? stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
which thor?? stick out tongue

Jane, of course.

Would be nice to test that asgardian body shifty

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
What a surprise stick out tongue

Well it's not like I'm gonna pick any of the other three. At least make it a hard choice.

golem370
Why not Pr?

carver9
Originally posted by "Id"
None on the list.

So you'll rather be human.

-Pr-
Originally posted by golem370
Why not Pr?

Surfer and Stardust's abilities just don't appeal to me, tbh. Especially not cosmic awareness. I don't want that shit.

Thor would be nice, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much as having Superman's powers would.

StiltmanFTW
You wouldn't want to play with Thor's mammaries?

And imagine the things Parasite could do to "torture" you...

http://tinyurl.com/jxwy8zd

-Pr-
You wouldn't want to play with Thor's mammaries?

And imagine the things Parasite could do to "torture" you...

http://tinyurl.com/jxwy8zd

Hey, if you have a fantasy about being a girl and getting railed by Parasite, that's your business.

abhilegend
Superman.

cdtm
Surfer is a soulless abomination (Read Annihilation: Silver Surfer. Thanos claims the Power Cosmic is a parasite that replaces the soul.)

Superman has pretty specific weaknesses, has a stick up his arse, and can't make a good movie.

Stardust: See Silver Surfer.

Thor's an immortal god with a big assed hammer who drinks, fights, and gets laid all the time.

Yeah, I'll go with Thor.

abhilegend
Thor is literally a pussy right now.

Odinson is a hobo.

dynamix
any of them will suffice, imo, so it comes to my fav and thats Thor

psycho gundam
Surfer and Stardust's abilities just don't appeal to me, tbh. Especially not cosmic awareness. I don't want that shit.

Thor would be nice, but it just doesn't appeal to me as much as having Superman's powers would. Surfer can simulate anyone else's powers on the list with greater or lesser effect. Doom has done things with his power that Surfer doesn't seem to want to do but can, it's all mindset driven

golem370
Silver Surfer restored Metropolis if had only been Superman that day they would got back to regular size.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Surfer can simulate anyone else's powers on the list with greater or lesser effect. Doom has done things with his power that Surfer doesn't seem to want to do but can, it's all mindset driven

I know, but I still don't want them.

Tar-Antado
Silver Surfer.

abhilegend
Surfer can simulate anyone else's powers on the list with greater or lesser effect. Doom has done things with his power that Surfer doesn't seem to want to do but can, it's all mindset driven
Nah, he can't sing and cancel your existence with a musical note.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Thor, jeez guys lol its a no brainer.

You don't get their experience with the powers. Literally most of Clark's early life was spent mastering his.

Surfer at least has his cosmic awareness, but that probably means you get overwhelmed with people crying all over the world or some shit.

Mjolnir is sentient, as Bluewater said. It'll take care of me, enough so I can figure out a simple lightning spam blast or something.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nah, he can't sing and cancel your existence with a musical note.

thumb up If Dc and Marvel were merged he probably could since that was a DC specific feat like how Flash's speedforce only worked there. It's just a harmonic vibration and someone who can already manipulate molecules down to the strong force that binds sub-atomic particles together he can simulate the same effect even easier than manipulating the crunch energies. Any of us that are aware of the feat that have his power could probably do it

I don't want to go back and forth so you can have it

abhilegend
If Dc and Marvel were merged he probably could since that was a DC specific feat like how Flash's speedforce only worked there. It's just a harmonic vibration and someone who can already manipulate molecules down to the strong force that binds sub-atomic particles together he can simulate the same effect even easier than manipulating the crunch energies. Any of us that are aware of the feat that have his power could probably do it

I don't want to go back and forth so you can have it
You just made that shit up. Surfer doesn't has that power.

Its ok for you to say that. Surfer is Superman lite anyway. Just like J'onn. Jack of all trades, master of none.

deathslash
Originally posted by abhilegend
You just made that shit up. Surfer doesn't has that power.

Its ok for you to say that. Surfer is Superman lite anyway. Just like J'onn. Jack of all trades, master of none. lowballing surfer while using a surfer sig and avi? That's just downright diabolical.

abhilegend
I should change my name to El Diabolical or something.

Insane Titan
Surfer easy

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Thor, jeez guys lol its a no brainer.

You don't get their experience with the powers. Literally most of Clark's early life was spent mastering his.

Surfer at least has his cosmic awareness, but that probably means you get overwhelmed with people crying all over the world or some shit.

Mjolnir is sentient, as Bluewater said. It'll take care of me, enough so I can figure out a simple lightning spam blast or something.
Was leaning towards Thor, and the above makes it a lock.

DarkSaint85
Thanks.

I mean, as OP said, you land on the world, and three supervillains are out to get you. No way in hell any of you are mastering singing out of existence or messing with subatomic bonds right off the bat, not when your supersenses are being overloaded etc.

riv6672
I was thinking the same.

Cogito
Literally most of Clark's early life was spent mastering his.

Not so much "mastering" his powers but mastering how to hold back.

If I'm attacked immediately, I don't give a f*** about holding back. I too, would take Superman. Surfer second, Thor third.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito

If I'm attacked immediately, I don't give a f*** about holding back. I too, would take Superman. Surfer second, Thor third.

☝.

DarkSaint85

I was referring to your super hearing. Your super smells. Suddenly being able to simultaneously see in UV, IR etc wavelengths. Trying to aim at something with your HV, and suddenly zooming in on a tiny microscopic particle instead (like aiming through a telescope). Taking a single step, and accidentally BFRing yourself. Accidentally solar flaring, and expending ALL of your energy in one go (which may even get tanked by Mags and Parasite etc). Breathing too hard, and accidentally freezing whatever body part you happened to be looking at that time. Suddenly being able to taste the sewer below you, and puking up.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by cdtm
Thor's an immortal god with a big assed hammer who drinks, fights, and gets laid all the time.

Yeah, I'll go with Thor.
thumb up

Cogito
Taking a single step, and accidentally BFRing yourself. Cool, so I escaped the immediate threat thumb up

DarkSaint85
Cool, so I escaped the immediate threat thumb up

Mags and Skrull are pretty fast themselves.

Meanwhile, your new surroundings take you to the city outskirts. Where industrial plants are. You can now smell and taste all sorts of new things, including your previous vomit.

You throw up even more, all over yourself. The sound of your retching reaches for miles, but as you don't know how to adjust your hearing, you deafen yourself.

Cogito
1. You are a party pooper of the worst kind sneer

2. Yes...Superman has spent a lifetime learning to control himself. However, others have temporarily been given Superman-like powers and have adjusted pretty quickly.

StiltmanFTW
Hey, if you have a fantasy about being a girl and getting railed by Parasite, that's your business.

And that's not even including the endless possibilities Super Skrull offers...

Sin I AM
I was referring to your super hearing. Your super smells. Suddenly being able to simultaneously see in UV, IR etc wavelengths. Trying to aim at something with your HV, and suddenly zooming in on a tiny microscopic particle instead (like aiming through a telescope). Taking a single step, and accidentally BFRing yourself. Accidentally solar flaring, and expending ALL of your energy in one go (which may even get tanked by Mags and Parasite etc). Breathing too hard, and accidentally freezing whatever body part you happened to be looking at that time. Suddenly being able to taste the sewer below you, and puking up.

U mustve just watched MOS.

StiltmanFTW
I was referring to your super hearing. Your super smells. Suddenly being able to taste the sewer below you, and puking up.

Needless Superman stuff edited out.

I liked it how White Tiger experienced his senses getting enhanced by the HSH. Seriously, it takes time to get used to that.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Sin I AM
U mustve just watched MOS.

Don't tell me what I've done.

MF DELPH
Surfer.

abhilegend
Superman's powers also includes super brain so you can adjust in really fast. Like nanoseconds fast.

StiltmanFTW
Don't tell me what I've done.

Dvd releases so late in Far East? vin

DarkSaint85
Dvd releases so late in Far East? vin

Pfft. You can buy BvS II if you wanted. At least, that's what the label says.

@abhi: And how would you shift in perception that smoothly/quickly? Superman is obv at human levels when chatting to Lois etc; he has practice going at superspeed.

Plus, if it really is nanosecond level, am sure you have scans of how long teenage Clark took to adjust to his powers etc? It isn't going to be instantaneous.

ghostman
surfers powers. theres no other possible option for me LOL

brb planetary scale matter manipulation

time travel

putting black holes in shit

traveling billions of times the speed of light

virtually indestructible to the point you can literally surf supernovas and fly through stars

manipulation of almost all forms of energy

high level telepathy

trapping shit in your board/can be used to hoard snacks like cheese doodles

blasts capable of wasting ****ing planets

space-time manipulation

telekinesis

astral plane travel

no need to eat sleep or breath

can see events in the past

intangible

and capable of manipulating ****ing souls

and a **** load of other shit im probably missing too, youd be crazy not to pick surfer in this scenario.

as for super skrull and magneto, a good planet buster should do. no experience required.

supes has too many downsides to his powerset. theres no way im adjusting to being able to hear crickets ****ing in Wisconsin

DarkSaint85
Surfer has the same issues. Except he gets phucked up by emotions as well, across the entire galaxy.

http://i.imgur.com/wnXQnp9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8TFSIke.jpg

ghostman
Surfer has the same issues. Except he gets phucked up by emotions as well, across the entire galaxy.

http://i.imgur.com/wnXQnp9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8TFSIke.jpg

meh, that seems like a fair price for all the cool stuff i just listed.

superman has heard and sensed people across vast distances as well. not to the scope of feeling emotions. but enough to **** him over

as versatile as the power cosmic is, im sure theres work arounds for this issue if it starts to irk me.

come on bro...... think of all the ****ing cheese doodles you can hide in your board

DarkSaint85
No, as in, as soon as this starts, you're dumped in the city whilst being overwhelmed by everything.

As three supervillains start wailing on you. Remember, Skrull can do bubbles in the brain, Parasite can drain you etc etc.

You'd never have the chance to develop any of your new powers - you'd be curled up in a ball on the floor, crying.

ghostman
No, as in, as soon as this starts, you're dumped in the city whilst being overwhelmed by everything.

As three supervillains start wailing on you. Remember, Skrull can do bubbles in the brain, Parasite can drain you etc etc.

You'd never have the chance to develop any of your new powers - you'd be curled up in a ball on the floor, crying.

yeah no just no.. was surfer overwhelmed by his cosmic senses the first time he became a herald? nope. several others have become heralds and have not been overwhelmed. heeck, in silver surfer a silver surfer book(which idk if its canon or not) he gives mary jane powers and she didnt get overwhelmed and end up on the floor curled up crying. all i have to do is fly away, learn powers and problem solved. and once again, a good planet buster will do. this is easy. also indestructible.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by ghostman
yeah no just no.. was surfer overwhelmed by his cosmic senses the first time he became a herald? nope. several others have become heralds and have not been overwhelmed. heeck, in silver surfer a silver surfer book(which idk if its canon or not) he gives mary jane powers and she didnt get overwhelmed and end up on the floor curled up crying. all i have to do is fly away, learn powers and problem solved. and once again, a good planet buster will do. this is easy. also indestructible.

I showed how when Surfer firsts shows up on Earth, he is overwhelmed by the emotions around him. Guess where you are dropped? Lol.

So your solution is to forfeit by self-BFR? Fair enough.

ghostman
I showed how when Surfer firsts shows up on Earth, he is overwhelmed by the emotions around him. Guess where you are dropped? Lol.

So your solution is to forfeit by self-BFR? Fair enough.

true but surfer isn't overwhelmed to the point he cant use his abilities or "curl on the floor crying". and add to the fact that there has been other people that haven't been overwhelmed the way surfer has. there's no telling how it would play out... also theres the issue of super speed, what if i land on the battlefield and my perception is sped up to the point that i react and move in micro/nanoseconds? is that enough time to be overwhelmed? when he he came to earth it seemed happened pretty quickly.. what do you mean forfeit? there's no rule in the op about a tactical retreat and a bfr implies once you've been removed, the match/scenario is over, which op says nothing or implies about. and besides i plan on returning to earth, so id still have the issue of them trying to torture me so id have to handle that. but yeah, id retreat, learn to put black holes in objects come back and do that from the moon, problem solved.

"Id"
Changed my mind. I would pick Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.