Gamora Vs Artemis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/AS_zpsso0saug4.jpg

vs

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/GA_zpsg19sv1jo.jpg

Sin I AM
Isnt Artemis a new char?

StiltmanFTW
Golgo's boner for dc allows 1 showing character to stomp any Marvel char wink

Zack M
Artemis new? Only for the newbies like Stilt. wink

Stoic
Gamora

Zack M
Reasoning?

Sin I AM
She aint got the showings. Looking cool and carrying a big axe aint enough

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack M
Reasoning?

Well, there are a few.

1 Any character, male or female in that strength class (Artemis, Gamora, Angela) that could do as well against Angela, has the chops to take on Artemis on equal footing alone.

2 Gamora has quite a few feats of skill on her resume. Keeping in mind, that low showings happen to all characters.

3 Skill; Gamora took on and held her own against a flier that made Thor have to put in hard work when she fought Angela. The blows dealt between the two were deadly. Artemis isn't going to be outclassing her. Thanos was unable to lay a finger on her. Playing with the US Army as if they were her playthings, such as flipping tanks over with kicks. Physically dominating Ronan. Expert usage of pressure point KO's against well established characters. I'm sorry but don't bet against Gamora in her weight class. She owns asses with glasses.

Stoic
Artemis new? Only for the newbies like Stilt. wink

So what era is Artemis from? Quit side stepping brah.

Zack M
Originally posted by Stoic
Well, there are a few.

1 Any character, male or female in that strength class (Artemis, Gamora, Angela) that could do as well against Angela, has the chops to take on Artemis on equal footing alone.

2 Gamora has quite a few feats of skill on her resume. Keeping in mind, that low showings happen to all characters.

3 Skill; Gamora took on and held her own against a flier that made Thor have to put in hard work when she fought Angela. The blows dealt between the two were deadly. Artemis isn't going to be outclassing her. Thanos was unable to lay a finger on her. Playing with the US Army as if they were her playthings, such as flipping tanks over with kicks. Physically dominating Ronan. Expert usage of pressure point KO's against well established characters. I'm sorry but don't bet against Gamora in her weight class. She owns asses with glasses.

Artemis has the durability edge in getting punched through buildings by Wonder Woman. She has the edge in combat experience, as well.

Stoic
Artemis has the durability edge in getting punched through buildings by Wonder Woman. She has the edge in combat experience, as well.

Being punched through buildings, is the exact same force that Gamora deflected when she had her run in with Angela. Diana's landed harder than Angela's due to skill. In other words, Artemis takes more damage than Gamora on average, but Gamora has an accelerated healing factor, a skeleton that was created slightly below Wolverine's which was later augmented by Adam Warlock, is pretty durable to me. The problem is getting a chance to punch Gamora through a building, and not being run through from an off angle that she often uses. It really comes down to how you think a match would go down between Diana and Gamora. Angela has proven that she is in Diana's tier imo. Just saying.

Zack M
Being punched through buildings, is the exact same force that Gamora deflected when she had her run in with Angela. Diana's landed harder than Angela's due to skill. In other words, Artemis takes more damage than Gamora on average, but Gamora has an accelerated healing factor, a skeleton that was created slightly below Wolverine's which was later augmented by Adam Warlock, is pretty durable to me. The problem is getting a chance to punch Gamora through building, and not being run through from an off angle that she often uses. It really comes down to how you think a match would go down between Diana. Angela has proven that she is in Diana's tier imo. Just saying.

She can't heal when Artemis pulls her spine out.

Stoic
So what era is Artemis from? Quit side stepping brah.

So you're saying that this is the Artemis from Pre Flashpoint? Okay.

She can't heal when Artemis pulls her spine out.

Pulls her super humanly strong spine from a super skeleton? The edge in skill goes to Gamora, not Artemis. Artemis takes solid hits, Gamora that can also take solid hits gets a defense boost due to a more accurate rate of damage deflection skill. You said it your self. Artemis was punched through buildings. Gamora has beaten characters fast enough to raise their arm in time to defend against speeding mystical hammers flying towards them. And ones capable of punching people through buildings. Anyway. You have your opinion.

Zack M
Didn't know there were different Artemis's. Where did it say that?

Gamor isn't durable enough to stop an attack like that. She's not as durable. Unless you have feats to back that up.

leonidas
if this is artemis on her own, none of her ww gear, gamora has a decent the edge more than likely. certainly the edge in weapon. skill would be close enough not to matter imo. speed likewise. gamora's healing factor gives her a decent edge in durability and i think i'd give gamora the strength edge as well. it's a pretty good match but without her augmenting gear, i'd give gamora a solid edge but the fights would be close.

Zack M
Currently, she has some gear (Her axe weapon comes back to her, like Mjlonir). What type of durability feats does Gamora have that put her on Artemis's level? Artemis has a healing factor, too.

Stoic
Didn't know there were different Artemis's. Where did it say that?

Gamor isn't durable enough to stop an attack like that. She's not as durable. Unless you have feats to back that up.

Look no further than her battle with Angela, which was a death match for both of them. Angela is bad ass. She also had a movement advantage due to flight. Gamora has only been outclassed in close quarters by and due to speed by Nova Prime. Artemis is no Nova Prime. Youtube is also a great place to review the Gamora vs Angela fight.

Zack M
Here is Artemis owning Jason. And this is Lobdell wanking, Jason. Suppoedly, Artemis is about to throw down with Bizarro. shifty

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o589/lupinw45/AS_zpsqfbqej4j.jpg

Zack M
Look no further than her battle with Angela, which was a death match for both of them. Angela is bad ass. She also had a movement advantage due to flight. Gamora has only been outclassed in close quarters by and due to speed by Nova Prime. Artemis is no Nova Prime. Youtube is also a great place to review the Gamora vs Angela fight.

And Artemis has gone up against WW. And Gamora is no WW. wink

Stoic
Currently, she has some gear (Her axe weapon comes back to her, like Mjlonir). What type of durability feats does Gamora have that put her on Artemis's level? Artemis has a healing factor, too.

Your entire stance makes no sense whatsoever, you're basically ignoring hard battle feats in favor of a weapon? There are better fighters than Diana and Artemis.

Zack M
Your entire stance makes no sense whatsoever, you're basically ignoring hard battle feats in favor of a weapon? There are better fighters than Diana and Artemis.

You're not making any sense, Stoic. Never said that. She has armor and a new weapon, on top of her superior stats. Gamora doesn't have many feats of beating top tier martial artists.

Stoic
Here's something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dutgdRRNY3M

Zack M
Fatality won that battle. laughing out loud

Start posting some feats of Gamora's durability, fights, etc... and I'll do the same with Artemis. Artemis already owned a top tier combatant, in Jason.

Stoic
Fatality won that battle. laughing out loud

Start posting some feats of Gamora's durability, fights, etc... and I'll do the same with Artemis. Artemis already owned a top tier combatant, in Jason.

It had nothing to do with Fatality. Can you stay on topic? You base everything on nothing, which began when you made a thread based on the belief that Artemis beats an opponent that could very well end her in the first few seconds in. And then attempting to reinforce this belief by how well she took a punch from Diana. All I seem to get from you on this account is power levels and durability. I don't know what you don't get about Gamora not being a street level character? Angela has way more tools than Artemis. I've given you the reference several times now.

Zack M
Gamora is above street level. Come on, stoic.

leonidas

i'm not sure about her currently. i was going by the pre-nu version. if she's far more powerful then that would change things. if she's about the same, gamora would win this. saying her axe is like mjolnir is a pretty big claim though. proof? as for her durability--having most her of skin burned off by the sun and healing it all back is pretty damn good:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140735/3537849-2364630228-IMG_1.png

like i said, unless artemis got a significant bump post dc nu, gamora takes it. not easily, but she would def take a solid majority. i'd need to see some feats to make me think otherwise.

Zack M
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm not sure about her currently. i was going by the pre-nu version. if she's far more powerful then that would change things. if she's about the same, gamora would win this. saying her axe is like mjolnir is a pretty big claim though. proof? as for her durability--having most her of skin burned off by the sun and healing it all back is pretty damn good:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111140735/3537849-2364630228-IMG_1.png

like i said, unless artemis got a significant bump post dc nu, gamora takes it. not easily, but she would def take a solid majority. i'd need to see some feats to make me think otherwise.

Artemis was hardly injured by Etrigan and his Hellfire. That's pretty high up there, durability wise. She also went toe to toe with him.

cdtm
Gamora wins, with ease.

Zack M
Originally posted by cdtm
Gamora wins, with ease.

laughing out loud Just like Mister X?

cdtm
laughing out loud Just like Mister X?

Gamora destroy's Mr. X, of course.

Zack M
Gamora destroy's Mr. X, of course.

She's not going to own someone who has tangled with Wonder Woman and Etrigan, among others. Let's not go crazy here.

cdtm
That puts her up there with Slade Wilson and Cheeta? stick out tongue

Gamora's tanked Ronan's cosmic power, and made dumb Drax say "Ow". Odds are, she can outright beat Wonder Woman, never mind fight her.

Zack M
That puts her up there with Slade Wilson and Cheeta? stick out tongue

Gamora's tanked Ronan's cosmic power, and made dumb Drax say "Ow". Odds are, she can outright beat Wonder Woman, never mind fight her.

Ronan sucks, dude. Etrigan>>>Ronan. Etrigan has actually taken down near sky father level beings with his hellfire and Artemis tanked it with ease. wink

Gamora isn't doing anything to WW. Let's not get silly.

tkitna
I think its a pretty decent fight, but I would honestly give the majority to Artemis. She tangles with Diana and I feel that she's just a tier above Gamora.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.