Can Force users counter Fantomex's misdirection?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
In Legends Canon telepathic defenses are taught to padawans, with characters like Revan, Vader, and others being capable of warding off death, telepathic domination from Sith, and others to varying degreed. But Fantomex's misdirection seems like something else. From what you know of his powers (I'm barely reading the middle of Uncanny-X force), is misdirection a unique form of telepathic attack or is it completely separate and something force users have no familiarity against?

Sin I AM
I dont even think it's tp at all. It seems more akin to limited scope reality manip

Galan007
Depending on how adept the force user in question is, they *might* be able to see past his misdirection. Though it'd have to be an extremely powerful Jedi/Sith, who has spent a considerable amount of time honing their senses.

"Id"
I figured Misdirection is a form of sensory manipulation that can affect organic minds, or "smart machines".

An advance version of what Mastermind employs

psycho gundam
It looks like the Jedi mind trick technique, too

http://i66.tinypic.com/2vuwt2d.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
Depending on how adept the force user in question is, they *might* be able to see past his misdirection. Though it'd have to be an extremely powerful Jedi/Sith, who has spent a considerable amount of time honing their senses.

This

cdtm
Only way I can see a force user beating it, is if they can track force ripples/absence of the force.

Plus, assuming the illusions don't affect them anyways, like Freddy on lucid dreamers..

Sin I AM
Has his misdirection ever been fleshed out? I dont recall it ever being stated it was anything akin to tp

Digi
Both are amorphous enough that "...maybe?" is the closest we can get without pure conjecture. The Force - and the awareness it engenders - goes beyond simply TP, so it's entirely possible that they'd be able to detect it on something like a conceptual level. Various Force users have also had next-level illusion powers as well (EU Luke's were off the charts, for example, even compared to how haxx he was in most areas), which could help.

But given that Misdirection is its own nebulous plot device, we're talking only about the upper tier of Force users.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.