Is Palpatine's dominance found in specific forms?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Palpatine is inarguably along the greatest duelists ever.

However, do you think he is the greatest even among specific forms?

If so, which?

Could be beat Dooku in a pure Makashi battle?

Could he beat Kenobi in a pure Soresu battle?

Could he beat Maul in a pure Juyo battle?

Discuss below. Also, same applies for Yoda. Can he?

(edit: changed title and description)

AncientPower
I mean, the whole point of his use of Ataru was to compensate for his size and seemlessly compliment his Force prowess. I don't know how well that translates to other forms.

EDIT: Sidious however should have no issues.

Ursumeles
Yes, if only due to his speed advantage smile

Sinious
Are we assuming equal force amp?

darthbane77
In terms of technical skill then no, I doubt he could match Kenobi, Dooku, or Maul in their specialized forms. What would give him the win in a circumstance like that is his massive Force advanatge increasing his physical abilities far beyond those of Kenobi, Dooku, and Maul.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by darthbane77
In terms of technical skill then no, I doubt he could match Kenobi, Dooku, Maul or in their specialized forms. What would give him the win in a circumstance like that is his massive Force advanatge increasing his physical abilities far beyond those of Kenobi, Dooku, and Maul.

Well he's more skilled than Maul, because they both use Juyo. Otherwise correct.

darthbane77
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Well he's more skilled than Maul, because they both use Juyo. Otherwise correct. thumb up

Ursumeles
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Well he's more skilled than Maul, because they both use Juyo. Otherwise correct.
thumb up

Azronger
He's a master of all forms. Mostly uses Ataru and Juyo in TCW, and Juyo and Makashi in DE. In the Mace fight, I think his preferred styles are Makashi and Niman, and Djem So in the Yoda fight

He seems to be equally skilled with all of them, so of the people you mentioned, I think he'd at least definitively beat Maul in a Juyo battle
He'd probably stalemate with Dooku in a Makashi bout. This is assuming speed, strength and stamina are equalized.

Trocity
He pretty clearly wouldn't beat Yoda, considering he lost the duel portion of their fight with a form of his choosing.

Nephthys
Nope.

Ziggystardust
If we're equalising power? I don't think he could beat Dooku in Makakshi, just because of the sheer amount of time Dooku spent refining it, and pouring his efforts soley into that Form, while disregarding others.

relentless1
Originally posted by Trocity
He pretty clearly wouldn't beat Yoda, considering he lost the duel portion of their fight with a form of his choosing.

it was all about location in that particular fight. Notice that Sidious was stuck in a cramped pod when they duelled which favoured Yodas size and style much more.

MythLord
Dooku's skill in Makashi apparently outweighed even Yoda, technically speaking. So that means he'll beat Sheev in a pure Makashi contest, assuming all physical traits were equalized.

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
Dooku's skill in Makashi apparently outweighed even Yoda, technically speaking.

Source?

SunRazer
Jocastu Nu claiming that Dooku had no match in the old style of fencing.

Which is still a character opinion, of course.

cs_zoltan
Don't think it's far fetched that he is better, since in general Dooku is only marginally less skilled than Yoda/Sidious so obv he is better with his main form than them without theirs. Same goes for Anakin and Kenobi. Probably Fisto too, since nobody gives a shit about Shii-Cho.

SunRazer
It's not far-fetched, just not irrevocable.

MythLord
Didn't Thame Cerulian also consider Tyranus the best lightsaber duelist, technically speaking, he ever saw? And wasn't he one of Yoda's MVP padawans?

SunRazer
Yeah. But that was just dueling, not Form II.

Kurk
In pure technical skill, Dooku's and Kenobi's respective forms are unmatched. Assuming equal augmentation with Sidious being forced to use the one style, he would lose. Maul's Juyo is pretty proficient, but I'm not sure if he is stylistically superior to Sidious. They seemed to be equally matched in their fight. But yeah, Sidious tends to overwhelm his opponents with speed and strength rather than flawless technique in a certain style.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.