Rank the Call of Duty Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
How would you rank the Call of Duty main series entries from best to worst?

- Call of Duty
- Call of Duty 2
- Call of Duty 3
- Modern Warfare
- World at War
- Modern Warfare 2
- Black Ops
- Modern Warfare 3
- Black Ops 2
- Ghosts
- Advanced Warfare
- Black Ops 3
- Infinite Warfare

Feel free to give your reasoning.

I'm only ranking the ones I've played:
1) Black Ops 2 (One of, if not, the best campaign, best multiplayer thus far, and the introduction of the 10-point loadout allocation system was great.)
2) Black Ops (Great campaign and my favorite multiplayer maps.)
3) Modern Warfare 2 (Possibly my favorite campaign and the introduction of the fantastic Special Ops mode.)
4) World at War (First game with Zombies, which resulted in countless wasted hours with buddies.)
5) Modern Warfare 3 (Campaign was still good, but lacking compared to what came before and Black Ops 2 after, Special Ops was still good but not as good as MW2, but the intro of the Horde-type mode was the diamond in this one.)
6) Modern Warfare (Introduced me to the set-piece laden FPS campaign, and really set the stage for all modern CoD games of course.)

I've also played Big Red One very briefly, but not counting it. And yes, I've only seen gameplay of the originals, never played them.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by John Murdoch
How would you rank the Call of Duty main series entries from best to worst?

- Call of Duty
- Call of Duty 2
- Call of Duty 3
- Modern Warfare
- World at War
- Modern Warfare 2
- Black Ops
- Modern Warfare 3
- Black Ops 2
- Ghosts
- Advanced Warfare
- Black Ops 3
- Infinite Warfare

Feel free to give your reasoning.

I'm only ranking the ones I've played:
1) Black Ops 2 (One of, if not, the best campaign, best multiplayer thus far, and the introduction of the 10-point loadout allocation system was great.)
2) Black Ops (Great campaign and my favorite multiplayer maps.)
3) Modern Warfare 2 (Possibly my favorite campaign and the introduction of the fantastic Special Ops mode.)
4) World at War (First game with Zombies, which resulted in countless wasted hours with buddies.)
5) Modern Warfare 3 (Campaign was still good, but lacking compared to what came before and Black Ops 2 after, Special Ops was still good but not as good as MW2, but the intro of the Horde-type mode was the diamond in this one.)
6) Modern Warfare (Introduced me to the set-piece laden FPS campaign, and really set the stage for all modern CoD games of course.)

I've also played Big Red One very briefly, but not counting it. And yes, I've only seen gameplay of the originals, never played them.

Black Ops 2 is just... no.

The campaign in that game was boring.

Here's mine.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
2. Call of Duty Classic
3. All the rest.

smile

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Black Ops 2 is just... no.

The campaign in that game was boring.

Here's mine.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
2. Call of Duty Classic
3. All the rest.

smile Black Ops 2 was great. One of the best IMO too.

Top spot for me though will always be Modern Warfare 2

1. Modern Warfare 2
2. Black Ops 2
3. Modern Warfare
4. World at War
5. Black Ops 1

and then the rest

jinXed by JaNx
Modern Warfare
World At War
Modern Warfare II
Black Ops
Call of Duty 2

Impediment
Modern Warfare
Modern Warfare 2
World at War
Black Ops

All the rest are extremely MEH.

Smasandian
Call of Duty 2 - better than the original. More open areas
Call of Duty 1 - better than Allied Assault (the granddaddy)
Modern Warfare 2 - I enjoyed the SP campaign better than 4.
Modern Warfare - don't really need to say much
Black Ops - Liked the story and setting, especially Vietnam
World At War - not as good as the others. still fun
Black Ops 2 - i enjoyed the take on SP
Modern Warfare 3 - at first, thought it was boring but enjoyed it more 2nd time
Advanced Warfare - meh. some cool parts
Ghosts - more meh but still a couple of cool parts. Neat intro
Black Ops 3 - boring and uninspired. Took what was great about COD and ruined it. Still good shooting though.

Part of the reason why I enjoy the campaign is because it scratches the Half Life love I have. Obviously its a different game but it's all about immersion and I love that.

And for some reason, since Modern Warfare 2 came out, I have always had a day off around release and it's 99% nice, sunny and cool and I can beat the campaign during that 8 hours I get.

For some reason, I'm thinking about getting Infinite War on Friday when I have a day off!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.