How would Sidious's plans have been affected had both Dooku and Grievous died?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
Say that during the CIS raid on Dathomir Ventress killed Grievous during their duel and Talzin succeeded in killing Dooku. What would Sidious do?

cs_zoltan
Masturbate.

Kurk
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Masturbate. Funny and original give yourself a cookie cs

Zenwolf
He'd probably work around it.

Kurk
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He'd probably work around it. no shit. Why not elaborate on that point?

relentless1
Gunray or Poggle would probably have to take over the top spot in the CIS at that point, I'd lean towards Gunray seeing as he has already been in contact with Sidious in the past.

Sidious is a bit screwed as far as having a fighter available to go head to head with Jedi but the whole idea of turning Anakin only required himself, Mace Windu and Anakin having to make the choice. The seed was planted in Anakins head tempting him to the Dark Side based on his talks with Palpatine over the years especially the one at the opera in ROTS as well as Anakins vision forcing his hand so I think Sidious would still have Vader come around as his apprentice.

Alternatively he could still kill Talzin and force Maul or Ventress to do his bidding; nothing about their encounter with the Dathomir indicated that Sidious ever had anything to fear in a head to head battle with Talzin so this seems like a good alternative/placeholder situation for Palpatine as well. Maul is shown to be a little ***** when faced with Sidious anyway so I'm sure he could be curbed into submission yet again if Sidious wished, Ventress had no knowledge of Sidious' orders to kill her either so she might actually be willing to work for the Dark Lord directly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
He'd probably work around it. Nah, he was very lucky.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, he was very lucky.

Unlike Kahn..who got destroyed by a human :3

quanchi112
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Unlike Kahn..who got destroyed by a human :3 Context and Khan is still alive and getting his beauty rest. Sheev is dead as ****.

Kurk
Originally posted by relentless1
Gunray or Poggle would probably have to take over the top spot in the CIS at that point, I'd lean towards Gunray seeing as he has already been in contact with Sidious in the past.

Sidious is a bit screwed as far as having a fighter available to go head to head with Jedi but the whole idea of turning Anakin only required himself, Mace Windu and Anakin having to make the choice. The seed was planted in Anakins head tempting him to the Dark Side based on his talks with Palpatine over the years especially the one at the opera in ROTS as well as Anakins vision forcing his hand so I think Sidious would still have Vader come around as his apprentice.

Alternatively he could still kill Talzin and force Maul or Ventress to do his bidding; nothing about their encounter with the Dathomir indicated that Sidious ever had anything to fear in a head to head battle with Talzin so this seems like a good alternative/placeholder situation for Palpatine as well. Maul is shown to be a little ***** when faced with Sidious anyway so I'm sure he could be curbed into submission yet again if Sidious wished, Ventress had no knowledge of Sidious' orders to kill her either so she might actually be willing to work for the Dark Lord directly.
Good response. I think one of the selling points of the CIS and the corresponding discontent for the jedi and Republic was Dooku's status as ex-jedi. Don't know whether or not his loss would've resulted in a loss of support at this period of time.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by quanchi112
Context and Khan is still alive and getting his beauty rest. Sheev is dead as ****.

I will say this Quan. Benedict is a fine af man

relentless1
Originally posted by Kurk
Good response. I think one of the selling points of the CIS and the corresponding discontent for the jedi and Republic was Dooku's status as ex-jedi. Don't know whether or not his loss would've resulted in a loss of support at this period of time.

it didn't stop the CIS when Dooku did actually die, I feel that they were already in too deep after Geonosis; Dooku could've probably died then and it wouldn't have made a difference

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.