American Werewolf In London Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/walking-dead-creator-plots-american-werewolf-remake-w449119

Thoughts?

Impediment
Why?!?

F*cking no original ideas left at all.

An American Werewolf in Paris was utter shit, too.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't mind remakes or reboots but this is a prime exampleof one that doesn't need a remake. It would be easier to write new Werewolf story.

Esau Cairn
No one's going to do justice to the subtle quirky sense of humour the original had.

Honestly didn't mind Paris.
Werewolves attacking each other was cool.
Way before the Underworld franchise made it mundane.

riv6672
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't mind remakes or reboots but this is a prime exampleof one that doesn't need a remake. It would be easier to write new Werewolf story.
I dont mind reboots/makes either, but, seeing as i'm not a fan of the original, i'd have enjoyed new material, too.

Surtur
Is Hollywood so bereft of ideas?

What happens when they run out of good movies to make? Are we going to see the Pauly Shore movie "Jury Duty" get the remake treatment?

I hear people have just been dying for a "Biodome" remake.

Robtard
Again. no problem with remakes as they don't take away from the original.

So great news, if they do it right and not a shitshow.

BruceSkywalker
prolly be shit...

Zack M
Hopefully they use practical effects.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Surtur
Is Hollywood so bereft of ideas?

Hollywood is a siv of creativity but it's a business. It's simple supply and demand. While no one asks for or want most of the remakes/reboots that are made we all still watch them. As i've said before, there is no reason why they just can't title this movie something else. Hikers being attacked by a beast or monster is not a unique idea.

The idea of this remake feels like most other bad remakes. Whereas, some studio decides to remake something because it's easier and safer to bank on the past popularity of a film rather than banking on a good script, cast and crew.

I can already imagine the CGI f*ck fest this is going to be. The original has incredible practical FX and the best transformation scene. That transformation scene makes most modern CGI FX look obsolete.

I'm not saying it can't work. As long as the script is different enough and they use practical FX. I'll wait to see who the director is going to be.

Kazenji
At least its his son remaking the father's movie and not some random person.

riv6672
^^^Could be worse.
"DO YOU LOVE ME NOW, DADDY?!? AWOOOOO!"

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard

So great news, if they do it right and not a shitshow.

Seeing an American (tourist) from the British perspective was what made the original unique.

I seriously doubt this remake will capture that same level of satire.
The remake will take itself too seriously.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not the least bit interested in this.

riv6672
I'll be interested in seeing a trailer.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Seeing an American (tourist) from the British perspective was what made the original unique.

I'm going to say that it was the effects, script, acting and ability to blend humor in an otherwise intense horror story. Other than a small amount of banter in the beginning i've never found anything satirical about the film.

riv6672
^^^It was fine for one viewing, but in my case, it never reached "i love that movie SO much" status.
Not many werewolf flicks have, unfortunately.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.