Disney SW writers are biased and pushing a political agenda in the movies confirmed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/rogue-one-writers-subtly-protest-trump-with-rebellion-safety-pin-logo-195929517.html

I told you. The fact that they would even get involved in politics speaks for itself. Welcome the SJW and PC police to our favorite franchise!

ares834
You're telling me someone from Hollywood is Liberal!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mshckd.gif

Kurk
Originally posted by ares834
You're telling me someone from Hollywood is Liberal!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mshckd.gif The problem is more-so the political agenda they're pushing now. Let's just assume our audience is made up of millennials supporting Sanders.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Kurk
The problem is more-so the political agenda they're pushing now. Let's just assume our audience is made up of millennials supporting Sanders.
That would be great smile

Kurk
Originally posted by Ursumeles
That would be great smile because?

Unbowed
Is anyone surprised?

In the latest season of GOT Westeros is about to be invaded by the grrrl power! alliance made up of Daenerys, Asha and the Dornish women and the broken men who serve as their advisors, three of which have no genitals and fourth who is a dwarf.

Nothing symbolic there, of course.

Tzeentch
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/rogue-one-writers-subtly-protest-trump-with-rebellion-safety-pin-logo-195929517.html

I told you. The fact that they would even get involved in politics speaks for itself. Welcome the SJW and PC police to our favorite franchise! Star Wars has always had political agendas, you idiot.

Kurk
Yeah except a few users on here didn't accept that TFA was pushing an agenda. Now that it's clear, I want a concession.

Zenwolf
The Empire is a white supremacist group? Ok someone should tell Grand Admiral Thrawn that.

Oh they should also tell all those high ranking Imperial officers that aren't white too that are in the Canon.

The Ellimist
There were six straight films with a male protagonist and almost exclusively white leads, and then two with a female one and a demographically representative cast, and you complain?

This is what Trump supporters are: they complain about other people striving for equal rights, even if they themselves have had those rights and more for centuries.

Kurk
Originally posted by The Ellimist
There were six straight films with a male protagonist and almost exclusively white leads, and then two with a female one and a demographically representative cast, and you complain?

This is what Trump supporters are: they complain about other people striving for equal rights, even if they themselves have had those rights and more for centuries.
I complain about the Mary Sue character that is Rey more than anything, but I'll also include the majority of the First Order admirals and staff being Caucasian and the Rebels being a lot more diverse.

UCanShootMyNova
The Empire isn't white supremacist. When asked if this was Disney authorized they said nope and it's been shown in both the comics and the new books that black characters were Imperial officers.

ares834
The problem is more-so the political agenda they're pushing now. Let's just assume our audience is made up of millennials supporting Sanders.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Star Wars has always had political agendas, you idiot.

yes

If anything, it far less now then it was under Lucas, or at least more subtle, as we don't have an alien Newt Gingrich running around trying to help businesses make a shit ton money while screwing over everyone else.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
The Empire isn't white supremacist. When asked if this was Disney authorized they said nope and it's been shown in both the comics and the new books that black characters were Imperial officers.

Also Thrawn and don't even look into Legends, as the Empire also had aliens within their organization as scouts/spies and so on and blacks.

Soo...white supremacist group?...Hahaha.

Kurk
Exactly, it was never supposed to be a white-supremacist empire, just an evil empire. The new yokels at Disney though are twisting it around now to put out a message.

Beniboybling
This is hilarious, Rogue One was written and filmed before the Trump fiasco. Don't blame the producers that the Donald just happens to fit snugly into the evil Galactic Empire theme.

aalyasecura95
lol the only people who could take issue with the new things that disney are doing are sexist/racists that are unhappy that people are actually challenging there privelege. it's a good thing that the women and the other cultures are finally being treated equally when star wars has historically been very white male dominated. people seem to forget that there are children who are female and from the other cultures who watch star wars. we need to establish strong role models for them especially in these times when america voted against a woman president and voted for a guy who is literally hitler in some of the things that he says..... that doesn't send a great message to are children especially young girls and children from minorities. good that disney are taking action i say.

JKBart
XD

Kurk
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
lol the only people who could take issue with the new things that disney are doing are sexist/racists that are unhappy that people are actually challenging there privelege. it's a good thing that the women and the other cultures are finally being treated equally when star wars has historically been very white male dominated. people seem to forget that there are children who are female and from the other cultures who watch star wars. we need to establish strong role models for them especially in these times when america voted against a woman president and voted for a guy who is literally hitler in some of the things that he says..... that doesn't send a great message to are children especially young girls and children from minorities. good that disney are taking action i say. Yes Rey being able to defeat Kylo Ren when she never held a lightsaber up until that point sends a great image to little girls. It tells them that they are entitled to success and in the real world people are just going to topple over for you. You don't need to work for anything; you're a women so you win!. We see Luke have to train away for years in the original trilogy until he defeats Vader. BUT REY IS A WOMAN so she doesn't need to! Yes we can!
https://megsthewanderer.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/wecandoitposter1.jpg

Emperordmb
Why the **** does every imperial officer sound british or german now lmfao

Beniboybling
Yes Rey being able to defeat Kylo Ren when she never held a lightsaber up until that point sends a great image to little girls. It tells them that they are entitled to success and in the real world people are just going to topple over for you. You don't need to work for anything; you're a women so you win!. We see Luke have to train away for years in the original trilogy until he defeats Vader. BUT REY IS A WOMAN so she doesn't need to! Yes we can!
https://megsthewanderer.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/wecandoitposter1.jpg yes

the age of cis white male scum is ovur.

Emperordmb
That's the thing. People being against discrimination is one thing. Blaming straight white cis males as a group instead of just the individual assholes is hypocritical.

ares834
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Why the **** does every imperial officer sound british or german now lmfao

They've always sounded British.

Yes Rey being able to defeat Kylo Ren when she never held a lightsaber up until that point sends a great image to little girls. It tells them that they are entitled to success and in the real world people are just going to topple over for you. You don't need to work for anything; you're a women so you win!. We see Luke have to train away for years in the original trilogy until he defeats Vader. BUT REY IS A WOMAN so she doesn't need to! Yes we can!

Like virtually every Superhero film out there. Yes, I'm not a fan of it in SW. But it's no different of a "message" than one from a film like the Matrix.

Emperordmb
Yeah but with so many other protagonists, it's more earned. Luke had to stumble and fail numerous times and train his ass off.

Neo had this constant struggle with who he was and didn't become OP until after a movie of getting his ass kicked and him getting shot.

Rey's just kinda magically good at everything she does.

TenebrousWay
That's the thing. People being against discrimination is one thing. Blaming straight white cis males as a group instead of just the individual assholes is hypocritical.

Don't lie dmb, we all have the urge to commit genocide on planetary scale with a Death Star. It's a most awesome display of masculinity.

Emperordmb
I prefer the darksaber myself (The deathstar type superlaser but without the spherical shit). It's much more phallic

ares834
Yeah but with so many other protagonists, it's more earned. Luke had to stumble and fail numerous times and train his ass off.

Neo had this constant struggle with who he was and didn't become OP until after a movie of getting his ass kicked and him getting shot.

Rey's just kinda magically good at everything she does.

Luke certainly had to struggle more which, as I said, is why I am not happy with it in SW.

I'm merely pointing out that if this film "tells (girls) that they are entitled to success and in the real world people are just going to topple over for you" then there are many that say the same to boys.

Darth Thor
Hopefully Episodes 8 & 9 fixes this Rey thing by revealing she was trained as a child, and that training was all hidden in her subconscious.

FreshestSlice
Who cares? It's just a stupid movie.

Darth Thor

I told you. The fact that they would even get involved in politics speaks for itself. Welcome the SJW and PC police to our favorite franchise!

A lot of big Trek producers and actors did the same before the election. Heck Captain America himself Chris Evans has commented how embarrassing the result was for the Country.

It's a good thing to discourage hate mongering. It's at least not a bad thing.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Hopefully Episodes 8 & 9 fixes this Rey thing by revealing she was trained as a child, and that training was all hidden in her subconscious.

Which would be fine, but would raise questions as to why she was left on a desert world alone and not at the Temple. Unless she was at the Temple and survived?

But then how did she? How is it that Kylo or anyone for that matter, not see Rey and whoever was helping her escape?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Which would be fine, but would raise questions as to why she was left on a desert world alone and not at the Temple.

Maybe like Luke, if she carried on her training the Dark Side would sense her presence.

In any case, whoever led her there were serious d***s

Zenwolf
Maybe like Luke, if she carried on her training the Dark Side would sense her presence.

In any case, whoever led her there were serious d***s

So then Luke just decided to not confront Kylo right then and there? Or he stumbled upon this girl later, trained her....and then just left her.

Darth Thor
So then Luke just decided to not confront Kylo right then and there? Or he stumbled upon this girl later, trained her....and then just left her.

No idea dude

Zenwolf
Whatever happens, I just hope it's thought out.

darthbane77
Why the **** does every imperial officer sound british or german now lmfao Because villains always sound better with British accents.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by darthbane77
Because villains always sound better with British accents.

Everyone sounds better in a British accent.

playa1258
Not really.

Beniboybling
Everyone sounds better in a British accent. yes

playa1258
I want Vader to brutally kill the rebels even more now.

Trocity
Bunch of straight white male scum in this thread.

UCanShootMyNova
I pretend to be bi sometimes. .-.

Trocity
I pretend to be bi sometimes. .-.

https://media.makeameme.org/created/That-guys-a.jpg

Kurk
People need to understand that I'm an American and I can suck my own c0ck.

MythLord
Why do we need this?

Darth Thor
People need to understand that I'm an American and I can suck my own c0ck.

All Americans do that.

Either that or they get their daughters to do it for them.

Surtur
lol the only people who could take issue with the new things that disney are doing are sexist/racists that are unhappy that people are actually challenging there privelege.

Lol.

Why do you give a shit if a fantasy movie about space wizards and robots has loads and loads of diversity?

I'm serious, why? Why would it bother you if there were a lot of dudes? Let me also guess that if there were a lot of females and people complained about that you would take issue with it and spout some nonsense about how women are "entitled" to that because of how men treated them in the past.

BTW don't watch the John Carpenter version of "The Thing" because it will probably traumatize you.

Literally NOBODY has forgotten this!

Okay, go watch The Hunger Games series. Go watch some Frozen or some shit. Why is it up to Star Wars to provide role models for kids and cultures the world over? Stop making this more complicated then it has to be.

Gee it didn't take long for Hitler to get brought into this.

I'm confused, do you genuinely believe there aren't any franchises out right now with strong female characters that would be suitable role models? So much so that you felt Star Wars needed to pick up the slack?

Surtur
Either that or they get their daughters to do it for them.

Not anymore, they are too busy writing tear soaked letters to their daughters.

Rebel95
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Who cares? It's just a stupid movie.

Deronn_solo
I don'tcare.

It's their product so they can do what they please with it. Don't like, don't watch/read.

Azronger
Kurk, this is retarded.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Surtur

Why do you give a shit if a fantasy movie about space wizards and robots has loads and loads of diversity?

I'm serious, why? Why would it bother you if there were a lot of dudes? Let me also guess that if there were a lot of females and people complained about that you would take issue with it and spout some nonsense about how women are "entitled" to that because of how men treated them in the past. lol you racist/sexist types are actually the biggest whiners here as you actually create threads protesting about more diversity in SW films.

really the question is why does it bother you that there is diversity??? we are a diverse society so it is only fair for me and others to say that making SW more diverse is okay and a positive step forward. also its the choice of the SW writers so stop whining and accept that not everyone are sexist and racist.

Literally NOBODY has forgotten this! well some people clearly have as they seem to go on a tantrum everytime a new woman role model is introduced in star wars and don't ever wonder that the writers of star wars are compassionate people that don't want young girls and people from the other cultures to grow up without role models.

Okay, go watch The Hunger Games series. Go watch some Frozen or some shit. Why is it up to Star Wars to provide role models for kids and cultures the world over? Stop making this more complicated then it has to be. um are you forgetting that there are a lot of young girls and people from the other cultures that don't like hunger games, frozen etc...?? all movies and media needs to reflect the diversity of are own society if we want to send positive message to the children of america. it is good that SW writers are trying to be more inclusive and its there choice so i don't know why you are throwing a hissy fit.

I'm confused, do you genuinely believe there aren't any franchises out right now with strong female characters that would be suitable role models? So much so that you felt Star Wars needed to pick up the slack? there are many franchises that have made progress but all franchises need to make sure they are inclusive and tolerant. trump's election is a wake up call to america so we should praise these measures.

Lord Stark
The Empire is a white supremacist group? Ok someone should tell Grand Admiral Thrawn that.

Oh they should also tell all those high ranking Imperial officers that aren't white too that are in the Canon.

laughing The Legends Empire is xenophobic as ****. Legends Thrawn endured a shit ton of discrimination. If anything the new canon has toned down the xenophobia in the Empire with Mas Amedda as Grand Vizier. Legends Empire was pretty much all humans at the top, white humans for that matter.

Shit look at the original movies. A ragtag bunch of minorities and aliens taking down the pretty much all white Galactic Empire.

Calm down. Star Wars, and pretty much all art is inspired by real world events. History tends to repeat itself so try and tone down the butt hurt and stop trying to mansplain shit all the time.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Lord Stark
laughing The Legends Empire is xenophobic as ****. Legends Thrawn endured a shit ton of discrimination. If anything the new canon has toned down the xenophobia in the Empire with Mas Amedda as Grand Vizier. Legends Empire was pretty much all humans at the top, white humans for that matter.

Shit look at the original movies. A ragtag bunch of minorities and aliens taking down the pretty much all white Galactic Empire.

Calm down. Star Wars, and pretty much all art is inspired by real world events. History tends to repeat itself so try and tone down the butt hurt and stop trying to mansplain shit all the time.

It was sure, but they still had aliens involved as scouts/bodyguards and so on. Sure Thrawn dealt with stuff, yet still became a Grand Admiral. Never said they weren't xenophobic though.

Lord Stark
It was sure, but they still had aliens involved as scouts/bodyguards and so on. Sure Thrawn dealt with stuff, yet still became a Grand Admiral. Never said they weren't xenophobic though.

Xenophobia in Star Wars~Racism in the real world. They symbolism is pretty clear.

Force Awakens pretty much stole the plots of the original movies. Its kinda hard to argue Star Wars hasn't always been this way. The only difference is minorities are in more prominent roles. The plot has always been the collapse of democracy, the rise of bigotry, and its restoration by a young rag tag group rebels made up of what amounts to the galaxy's special interest groups.

My point is that the new canon is not any more or less progressive than the old Star Wars which has always been pretty progressive.

Flyattractor
The fact that is argument can come up is proof that SJW PC Nazis are ruining everything.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Flyattractor
The fact that is argument can come up is proof that SJW PC Nazis are ruining everything.

Or you are too sensitive. Oh the irony there laughing

Flyattractor
Only sensitive to the ability to knowing SJW Crap when I see it.

And most of the time its Leftists that fuel the fire for these arguments because its free publicity for their stuff.

Lord Stark
Only sensitive to the ability to knowing SJW Crap when I see it.

And most of the time its Leftists that fuel the fire for these arguments because its free publicity for their stuff.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/105/036/ada.jpg

Luke, Leia, Han, and Lando were just space hippies. Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Or don't. Whatever makes you happy man. Just don't pretend this is a new phenomenon. http://66.media.tumblr.com/0d21f05a3c9a6dfe3f94c41efffdbf2b/tumblr_mig3kugGmM1s5ychso1_1280.png

Surtur
lol you racist/sexist types are actually the biggest whiners here as you actually create threads protesting about more diversity in SW films.

lol. You seem to misunderstand what some gripe about. Usually it's not because people just legitimately hate diversity.

For example, if you have a character people cherish and you change that character..some fans will get upset. But like I said it's less about hating diversity and more about really loving a specific franchise just the way it is.

I never said diversity bothered me though. What I will say is diversity just for the sake of diversity is silly to me. If you want to have a character be female or be gay or whatever, cool. But the thought process shouldn't be "well we don't have enough gays. so we need one". Of course that ignores the fact only a small portion of the population is gay and thus little to no gay characters is realistic, but shh reality is mean.

Since I have seen how you post I know you are going to respond saying I hate gays. I don't, like I said, I just have a problem with diversity just for the sheer hell of it. There isn't really many stories that absolutely require a diversity tune up because it's irrelevant to the plot.

For me, diversity just for the sake of diversity isn't a positive step forward, nor is it a step backward. It's not something positive or negative.

No they haven't.

Okay the majority of gripes people have had with the female Star Wars character was that she was a Mary Sue. That has nothing really to do with her gender. A shitload of people went to see Star Wars, it made billions of dollars.

Plus, why do you say strange things like that writers don't want girls and people from other cultures to grow up without role models? That would imply that writers out there think there are currently no real role models for girls or other cultures, which is just a strange thing for any adult to think.

But nobody is throwing a fit. I'm merely pointing out that you are acting like there is a lack of role models for people who aren't white males.

You say movies and media need to reflect our society, well okay like I said: only a small percentage of the population in this country are homosexual/lesbian. So by that logic, you would want there to be only a few, if any homosexual characters in movies and media..right?

Trump's election is a wake up call, but I see your attitude and others like you and it makes me afraid that some people are going to miss that call. They seem to have no real grasp on why this actually happened. They merely want to believe that this happened because there is just something wrong with the other side, but not with them and their own side.

Also for all your talk about how people need role models, since when was it decided people can only look up to someone as long as they are the same gender and/or race as them? I thought you were all about diversity?

Flyattractor
.....Wow that was a Chewbacca Sized Reply there Surt.

Geistalt
I pretend to be bi sometimes. .-. I will never have coitus with anyone. Ever.

Surtur
.....Wow that was a Chewbacca Sized Reply there Surt.

Yeah, she just says so many hilarious things that warrant a response.

Emperordmb
lol the only people who could take issue with the new things that disney are doing are sexist/racists that are unhappy that people are actually challenging there privelege. it's a good thing that the women and the other cultures are finally being treated equally when star wars has historically been very white male dominated. people seem to forget that there are children who are female and from the other cultures who watch star wars. we need to establish strong role models for them especially in these times when america voted against a woman president and voted for a guy who is literally hitler in some of the things that he says..... that doesn't send a great message to are children especially young girls and children from minorities. good that disney are taking action i say.
So if the problem is as you say, hatred, arrogance and prejudice, the cis white heterosexual males putting others down, do you really think its fair or justified to do the exact same thing in reverse?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Lord Stark

That makes sense though right?

Because the Empire basically are supposed to be like Nazis.

Zenwolf
The GE struck me more as the British Empire with the Rebel Alliance being the Continental Army as per the American Revolution.

The FO seems more like the Nazis.

Darth Thor
The GE struck me more as the British Empire with the Rebel Alliance being the Continental Army as per the American Revolution.

The FO seems more like the Nazis.

Lucas always made the comparison to Nazis IIRC.

Zenwolf
Lucas always made the comparison to Nazis IIRC.

Well there are some comparisons yes, but I never really took them as full blown Nazi. Perhaps a mix would be better.

Surtur
Speaking of Anita I couldn't help noticing she turned comments off on her little video about Trump. I wonder why? Oh we can't see the like/dislike ratio either lol. Purely an oversight on her part, not an attempt to hide from people how disliked she is.

She legitimately seems to feel she is a professional at...whatever she thinks she does.

Her videos about video games are just hilarious. This is a person who was brought to the friggin United Nations. Let that really sink in for a second, the United Nations lol. Her and Zoe Quinn.

Darth Thor
Speaking of Anita I couldn't help noticing she turned comments off on her little video about Trump. I wonder why? Oh we can't see the like/dislike ratio either lol.

Must have been getting loads of hate comments.

Surtur
Must have been getting loads of hate comments.

Probably, but this needs to be put into context in case you aren't aware of this person and what she does. For Anita, a "hate" comment can range from "I want you to die a slow painful death" to "your videos suck'.

There is no in between with her. Telling her she sucks is just as bad as threatening to murder her and her family.

Plus remember the like/dislike ratio is also off lol. She has no excuse there for trying to hide from hateful comments.

Darth Thor
Probably, but this needs to be put into context in case you aren't aware of this person and what she does. For Anita, a "hate" comment can range from "I want you to die a slow painful death" to "your videos suck'.

There is no in between with her. Telling her she sucks is just as bad as threatening to murder her and her family.

Plus remember the like/dislike ratio is also off lol. She has no excuse there for trying to hide from hateful comments.

I'm not defending her. I've never even seen any of her videos. But sometimes videos get an absurd number of dislikes, it's usually an organised campaign against that person, or against the video topic.

Like I said can't speak for her though.

Surtur
I didn't think you were defending her, I'm just saying because people might not know who she is. She feels true hate is just as bad as "you suck".

Darth Thor
I didn't think you were defending her, I'm just saying because people might not know who she is. She feels true hate is just as bad as "you suck".

Some people have very thin skin.

Too bad we can't see what the comments were.

Beniboybling
Lucas always made the comparison to Nazis IIRC. Stormtroopers were (presumably) named after the Nazi paramilitary force yeah.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Stormtroopers were (presumably) named after the Nazi paramilitary force yeah.

Eh Stormtroopers were around before the Nazis. Although I guess yeah, they are more known as being affiliated with them.

Darth Thor
Lucas also said the march of Anakin and the 501st onto the Jedi Temple was from his image of the Nazis marching IIRC.

TenebrousWay
Stormtroopers were special platoons of the german army dedicated to bypass and take down trenches in late WW1. The nazis borrowed the name later for their paramilitary but with another meaning; "storm" was associated with revolutionary fervor and not with assault troops.

Kurk
Thinking about it now I would seem that the Death Watch, at least as portrayed in TCW, is a white supremacist group.

Darth Thor
Thinking about it now I would seem that the Death Watch, at least as portrayed in TCW, is a white supremacist group.

How's that? They let Maul lead them.

They seemed more about their warrior code and shit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.