Best Trailers for the Worst Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
There have been plenty of times that movie trailers make a turd of a movie look like a masterpiece coming soon to a theater near you.

Name some films that had a movie trailer worthy of The Dark Knight but ended up being closer to Batman & Robin.

My pick:

The Spirit (2008)

steverules_2
I'd say Batman vs Superman, when I saw that trailer of Batman's glowing eyes and then a cut to Superman's glowing eyes I shit my pants, and then the movie came out...f*ck you Snyder

jaden101
Man of Steel trailer 3.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by steverules_2
I'd say Batman vs Superman, when I saw that trailer of Batman's glowing eyes and then a cut to Superman's glowing eyes I shit my pants, and then the movie came out...f*ck you Snyder

Even though I'm in the minority with liking the final product of BvS, the 2015 Comic-Con trailer made me envision a movie up there with the best of any genre. Needless to say, it wasn't anywhere near that level.

Insane Titan
The trailer for Star Trek into Darkness looked good but the movie was boring, predictable and a poor mans Star Wars.

steverules_2
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Even though I'm in the minority with liking the final product of BvS, the 2015 Comic-Con trailer made me envision a movie up there with the best of any genre. Needless to say, it wasn't anywhere near that level.

The worst part of it is I didn't see the normal one I saw the Ultimate Edition and I still didn't like the film

riv6672
Originally posted by John Murdoch
There have been plenty of times that movie trailers make a turd of a movie look like a masterpiece coming soon to a theater near you.

Name some films that had a movie trailer worthy of The Dark Knight but ended up being closer to Batman & Robin.

My pick:

The Spirit (2008)
Batman Begins and The Dark Night Rises.
That whole trilogy was bleh, saved only by (throughout) Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman being their usual superb selves, and (in The Dark Knight) by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart's villainous portrayals.

The trailers were good, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.