Patriots Day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Based on the Boston Marathon Bombings

Stars: Mark Wahlberg, Kevin Bacon, John Goodman

c02lvSb29bk

Patient_Leech
I saw the trailer for this before Hacksaw Ridge and I think it's awful.

Why does every "terrorist" attack have to have a fu#king movie?

The title of the movie makes it even worse... like it's patriotic to see it.

jaden101
I heard this movie cost an arm and a leg

Too soon?

Esau Cairn
I'm waiting for The Fast & Furious Save The Twin Towers.

The Nuul
so a screener drop on the net and i watched part of it

this was a really bad movie, its a bunch of horseshit to brain wash the american people with their muslims are terrorists

don't see this pile of crap, it's peter bergs worst movie, worst than battleship

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by The Nuul
so a screener drop on the net and i watched part of it

this was a really bad movie, its a bunch of horseshit to brain wash the american people with their muslims are terrorists

don't see this pile of crap, it's peter bergs worst movie, worst than battleship

Yeah, definite pass for me. Christ, I didn't even realize it was the same director who did Battleshit... that movie was utter garbage. Hancock was horrible, too.

Looks like the only decent movie he's done that I've seen is The Rundown. That one was kind of fun.

Dreampanther
The hell is going on? Is Peter Berg and Mark Wahlberg having some kind of love affair because their surnames are similar? This the third movie "based on a true story" they've made in the last few years. Lone Survivor, Deep Horizon, Patriot's Day - it's getting so I can fall asleep in one movie and wake up in the next without realising I'm watching two different movies.

Robtard
Lone Survivor was alright. Deep Horizon was a snorefest. This looks shit.

Flyattractor
I remember when this stuff was only good enough for a daytime tv movie.....

Discos
Ok alot of negativity towards this movie, and surprisingly very few comments on this thread.

I really enjoyed it, yeah ok we don't need a movie for every attack on the US or whatever but this story was done perfect. I did read there was alot of stuff left out or altered due to the "Holywood" factor.

Also chuffed this is not just a full on Mark Wahlberg film, alot of different aspects were done.

The interviews with the actual victims at the end was a nice touch, although I think they want you to remember this part more so you think the movie is a 10/10.

Enjoyable, Pulls at the heart strings,
9/10 for Discos

rox
Originally posted by jaden101
I heard this movie cost an arm and a leg

Too soon?

Hey Not Funny!

jaden101
Originally posted by rox
Hey Not Funny!

In the immortal words of Basil Brush

HAHAHAAAA BOOM BOOM.

John Murdoch
The Rundown was a solid action movie.

Hancock was great until the third act. Possibly the worst third act for a good movie in blockbuster history.

Haven't seen Deepwater Horizon, but I've heard generally good things, and of course I'm sure the technical aspects of sound and visuals are superb.

However, I think Lone Survivor was one of the best modern warfare movies made to date. The stunt work was incredible, and it helped immensely having Marcus Luttrell as the primary consultant for the film. He was even a cast member as well.

All that being said, as an audience member who holds Berg's filmmaking capabilities in a high regard, I have very little desire to see this movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by John Murdoch
...I have very little desire to see this movie.

Yeah, I'd probably rather shoot myself in the leg than watch this.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Yeah, I'd probably rather shoot myself in the leg than watch this.

Lol. It won't be on the Netflix queue anytime soon.

Flyattractor
I inagine the movie is WATCHABLE but not worth spending ACTUAL MONEY to go sit in a theater and watch it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.