Obscure sources.....bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf
So as a few know, I tend to have quite a few obscure...like very obscure sources pertaining to the SWU in the form of Sourcebooks/Novels etc. These sources sometimes get used for debates and for some reason...some people either just ignore it or just say it's unusable because it's obscure.

I never really felt that made much sense because....just because many people don't know about it, it should just be discarded? So because people don't read a whole lot you can disregard a whole bunch of sources?

So by that logic, can I disregard a bunch of post-ROTJ novels and comics because these would be obscure sources to me because I haven't read them?

If there's no contradiction, I'm not seeing why using obscure sources are a bad thing. If anything else, it actually helps with certain things that normally would be speculated on or otherwise.

So....obscure sources are bad? What do y'all think?

Ursumeles
I don't get what you mean with "obscure surces" tbh.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I don't get what you mean with "obscure surces" tbh.

Sourcebooks/comics/novels and the like, that aren't as well known or quoted from or scanned from.

Ursumeles
Ah, okay.
I see no issue with using them, as long as they don't say shiat like Bastila ~ Tyranus ~ Kenobi.

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I see no issue with using them, as ling as they don't say shiat like Bastila ~ Tyranus ~ Kenobi.

Beniboybling
if they don't agree with my opion they are vrry bad.

TenebrousWay
Originally posted by Beniboybling
if they don't agree with my opion they are vrry bad.

Deronn_solo
Who complains about obscure sources?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Who complains about obscure sources?

Ok I wouldn't say complaining, I've just seen some commentary where they don't really like those sources being used because they haven't been noted elsewhere in more well known sources.

It's not a real big thing, I just wanted to check with everyone if using such sources is a bad thing or not with everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.