Martian Manhunter w/Mjlonir vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who's taking this? Both Contestants fighting to the best of their abilities.

Martian Manhunter is using Mjlonir just as good as Jane. He has mastered it.

No bfr.

DarkSaint85
At the VERY least, we know that MM can multitask and use all of his powers at the same time:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/bb/8d/38/bb8d3851a8a5b6bf9ee2800b654f2285.jpg

So between him doing all that, whilst being intangible, whilst Mjolnir is flying around....Thanos would be hard pressed to win.

apex_pretador
Still Thanos.

SSJGGogeta
I'd give it to MM. I can't think of one scenario where Thanos wins, with just his own abilities.

Martian_mind
J'onn.

golem370
Thanos

mighty adam
Mm with the hammer is stupid wild beasty. Thors hammer is probably the most raw power/dmg weapon in comics plus crazy versatile. Mm would be a handful with out the hammer thanos would beat his brains in tho. with the hammer idk i never like to count out thanos but i think mm steal a win

DarkSaint85
Yeah. If MM is using it as well as Jane, the hammer is actually independent - it can just fly around doing it's own thing.

krisblaze
Manhunter doesn't stand a ****en chance lmao.

Martian_mind
^J'onn takes it without the hammer, noob.

Run at me.

Sin I AM
Thanos all day. Spite

Surtur
I thought Thanos once stopped the hammer with a wave of his hand?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Surtur
I thought Thanos once stopped the hammer with a wave of his hand?

Here's an example.

http://i.imgur.com/AjvJPqs.jpg

He did it with Stormbreaker too.

DarkSaint85
That was before they retconned it into having a mind of its own, though.

As Thor said, it never flew for him the same way it flies for Jane.

apex_pretador
But it still wouldn't be able to free itself when Thanos locks it in a forcefield.

Delta1938
Originally posted by krisblaze
Manhunter doesn't stand a ****en chance lmao.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
^J'onn takes it without the hammer, noob.

Run at me.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by apex_pretador
But it still wouldn't be able to free itself when Thanos locks it in a forcefield.

You mean IF...it can dodge.

And by the time he locks it down....MM is right up in his face.

Thanos is basically fighting two characters here.

krisblaze
Thor characters he could crush.

carver9
The hammer obviously amps the user.

cdtm
Did J'ohn take down Superman or something? Where's this respect of MM, plot device or no, coming from?

Surtur
Originally posted by cdtm
Did J'ohn take down Superman or something? Where's this respect of MM, plot device or no, coming from?

He phased Superman into a table and left him in agony when he was Fernus.

But Thanos is different. He's too durable for J'onn to physically hurt, and I think a telepathic attack would fail as well.

Even if the hammer has a mind of it's own..we have seen Thanos can just flat out stop it mid flight, so I don't know if having a mind of it's own would necessarily change much.

Keep in mind when Thor was suffering from warrior madness while at the same time possessing the power gem all he managed to do was give Thanos a bloody nose.

DarkSaint85
DCnU Jonn mind raped Despero. That Brainiac ship feat that DCnU Superman has, where its gigantic? Jonn helped, AND it was near to the sun.

zopzop
Originally posted by krisblaze
Manhunter doesn't stand a ****en chance lmao. Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thanos all day. Spite

Delta1938

But Thanos is different. He's too durable for J'onn to physically hurt, and I think a telepathic attack would fail as well.

Even if the hammer has a mind of it's own..we have seen Thanos can just flat out stop it mid flight, so I don't know if having a mind of it's own would necessarily change much.

Keep in mind when Thor was suffering from warrior madness while at the same time possessing the power gem all he managed to do was give Thanos a bloody nose.

Even if it were Pre-FLASHPOINT J'onn(which wasn't specified), that's not applicable to J'onn.

h1a8

Thor didn't have WM as stated in the comic. And every herald level being that every struck Thanos has hurt him. Thor with PG wasn't proven to be more than 2x his average self.

MM can easily hurt Thanos with punches and blunt force. There is far too many showings (100% of the time actually) where Thanos is hurt or rocked with a blunt force attack from a being of herald level strength.

DarkSaint85
And that is BEFORE he gets amped.

People, just picking up Mjolnir transformed a dying cancer patient into one of the most powerful heroes on Marvel Earth.

MM, already up there in terms of power, is going to be incredibly powerful.

Before anyone tells me it might not noticeably do much, remember this post by the OP:

Originally posted by carver9
The hammer obviously amps the user.

Which means carver wants MM at base, now seriously amped.

Insane Titan
Lol at the outright stupidity in this thread.

Thanos destroy MM even with the hammer.

StiltmanFTW
Manhunter KOs himself with Mjolnir.

Thanos facepalms.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Lol at the outright stupidity in this thread.

Thanos destroy MM even with the hammer.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Manhunter KOs himself with Mjolnir.

Thanos facepalms.

Surtur
Originally posted by h1a8
Thor didn't have WM as stated in the comic. And every herald level being that every struck Thanos has hurt him. Thor with PG wasn't proven to be more than 2x his average self.

He had something greatly resembling WM though, which was stated in the comic. So yep, he was being amped by somehting other than the power gem.

Thanos survives singularities and shit like that. MM can in no way "easily" hurt him.

quanchi112
Thanos rapes.

carver9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos rapes.

Traitor.

h1a8
He had something greatly resembling WM though, which was stated in the comic. So yep, he was being amped by somehting other than the power gem.

Thanos survives singularities and shit like that. MM can in no way "easily" hurt him.

Nothing amped him. He did not perform one feat that was above an average Thor.

That was an artificial singularity. Where parts of Thanos ship also survived. Also Thanos was damaged!

And if you want to take a single feat as the representative of a character then so be it.

That would mean that Thanos can't harm Superman since he too survived singularities.

cdtm
Originally posted by carver9
Traitor.

Do you even know Quanchi?

He once said people call him "the mad titan", for god's sake.

golem370
Thanos points at MM and he is teleported away maybe into a sun.

carver9
Bfr is off

golem370
Then he transmutes MM into stone like he did a Skrull.

carver9
Originally posted by golem370
Then he transmutes MM into stone like he did a Skrull.

What if MM goes intangible or simply absorb the attack with Mjlonir??

golem370
Thanos is a master he won't lose this fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
And that is BEFORE he gets amped.

People, just picking up Mjolnir transformed a dying cancer patient into one of the most powerful heroes on Marvel Earth.

MM, already up there in terms of power, is going to be incredibly powerful.

Before anyone tells me it might not noticeably do much, remember this post by the OP:

Which means carver wants MM at base, now seriously amped.

Doesn't matter what he wants. You have to prove that Mjolnir actually amps a character in the same strength range as Thor. Let's recall that Beta Ray Bill defeated Thor when he didn't even have possession of the hammer, and then was beaten by Thor when he did have the power of Thor. I'm talking about that first battle when they met. Thanos is going to kill J'onn. Not sure why you're so heavily in favor of J'onn winning this? Did you so soon forget that Thanos can call on the hordes of the dead?

staxamillion
thanos can be hurt but not that much to move the meter to MM. thanos can tank a bunch.

Magnon
MM wins this. He is almost as strong as Superman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.