What power do you choose?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
You become the Herald of a powerful entity, which automatically grants you two super abilities.

1. Super strength (class 100 Mountain moving level strength) - As a side effect of having increased strength, you also have a certain amount of durability (bullet proof). Increased endurance, which gives you the ability to fight or do any activity for days before tiring or getting hungry. It also grants you increased speed allowing for you to run 300 MPH.

2. Flight (Mach 100 or 76,727 MPH) Which automatically grants you tremendous resistances to friction, which also furthers your durability, and heightens your reactions many times that of an ordinary human.

The entity then allows you to choose one more power between the following.

- Telepathy
- Laser vision
- Wind Manipulation
- Telekinesis
- Magnetism
- Time control (limited to slowing events down)

Which do you choose?

Sin I AM
Am i fighting whoever chooses the other abilities? If not probably time

golem370
How powerful is the telepathy?

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Am i fighting whoever chooses the other abilities? If not probably time

No you aren't fighting anyone, just which power would you choose to get the job done on a daily basis.

Originally posted by golem370
How powerful is the telepathy?

All powers would be within the high Meta range. So within the range of Professor Xavier.

golem370
Telepathy for me then for the first power speed would be the smart answer so I will go strength.

Vanguard
I like Magnetism. So many things you can do. Fly, control electricity, move objects...etc..

I know it's not up there....but if I could be anybody it would be Black Panther.

zopzop
Controlling time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other power. Ever.

riv6672
TK

Khazra Reborn
I'd go with Flight and time control.

StyleTime
Just throwing this out there to all the time control folks, it's limited to slowing time down. You can't actually "control" it.

Seems like TP, TK, or Magnetism win the day. He said high meta cap, so Jean and Polaris are roughly what we're talking here, powerwise?

riv6672
Originally posted by StyleTime
Just throwing this out there to all the time control folks, it's limited to slowing time down. You can't actually "control" it.
I was going to point that out, but Zop seemed so happy.

marwash22
TK & TP.

with enough practice, you get flight. You also get "immortality" via consciousness transfer.

what practical use does heat vision have that can't be accomplished with TK or a lighter?

StyleTime
You are given flight, super strength, and bullet proof skin regardless of the extra power you choose.

After some thought, I'd probably go telepathy. TK would be cool, but is partially wasted here. Same with magnetism.

marwash22
ah, thanks.

still picking tp & tk.

StyleTime
Originally posted by riv6672
I was going to point that out, but Zop seemed so happy.
laughing out loudOriginally posted by marwash22
ah, thanks.

still picking tp & tk.
You only get one extra ability. Your super power should be greed. stick out tongue

marwash22
reading is hard.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Stoic
You become the Herald of a powerful entity, which automatically grants you two super abilities.

1. Super strength (class 100 Mountain moving level strength) - As a side effect of having increased strength, you also have a certain amount of durability (bullet proof). Increased endurance, which gives you the ability to fight or do any activity for days before tiring or getting hungry. It also grants you increased speed allowing for you to run 300 MPH.

2. Flight (Mach 100 or 76,727 MPH) Which automatically grants you tremendous resistances to friction, which also furthers your durability, and heightens your reactions many times that of an ordinary human.

The entity then allows you to choose one more power between the following.

- Telepathy
- Laser vision
- Wind Manipulation
- Telekinesis
- Magnetism
- Time control (limited to slowing events down)

Which do you choose?

Definitely telepathy.

Basically, you'd have a character that has 'mountain moving strength,' has a certain level of durability, can run at 300mph and fly at 77,000mph ...and to that add telepathy (and you mentioned at Xavier level).

That would be a pretty tough character.

The rest would be nice to haves, but wouldn't add that much to a super strong brick able to fly at 77,000mph.

If I am moving at 77,000mph I'll reach you in the same time a telepathic throw would hit you. With telepathy I can slow down others, or even make them stand still. Laser vision ...cool but no cigar. Wind - it would be nice to create area effect wind blasts, but at mach100 I can simulate localized gusts. Magnetism ...very nice, but I'd much prefer telepathy.

This is like adding telepathy to a weak version of Black Adam.

staxamillion
wouldn't Time control (limited to slowing events down) be like a bootleg zoom with extra powers

One_Angry_Scot
Definitely Magnetism for me. There is a lot of stuff that can be done there.

spetznaz
Originally posted by staxamillion
wouldn't Time control (limited to slowing events down) be like a bootleg zoom with extra powers

It would be.

My issues though were:
1. How much it would add to a character that is basically able to fly at 77,000mph? Sure, Zoom/Flash type speed makes 77,000mph seem super slow (I believe even Black Adam was clocked at Mach 500 in WW3, showing DC's focus on speed), but in most cases that would be fast enough. Even if you can only run 300mph, you can fly at Mach 100 a few feet above the ground. That is super fast.
2. The fact that Xavier level telepathy adds serious abilities. In my opinion, more than the other powers.

If I had a Black Adam-lite body and abilities, I'd prefer high level TP over lasers, TK, magnetism and even slowing things down.

riv6672
You only get one extra ability. Your super power should be greed. stick out tongue
laughing

MF DELPH
Hmm...

I think I'd need to know what these "herald" duties entailed before I chose my additional power.

Also what the magnitude of the additional power would be being a "herald".

Sin I AM
Time control. Any other power pales in comparison especially if u could slow things down to zero.

h1a8
TP
That's a fact. Try me.

h1a8
Time control. Any other power pales in comparison especially if u could slow things down to zero.

It takes time to slow time down. With TP I can control you instantly, multiple people simultaneously.

Stoic
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Hmm...

I think I'd need to know what these "herald" duties entailed before I chose my additional power.

Also what the magnitude of the additional power would be being a "herald".

Traversing into another dimension to combat demons like Beta Ray Bill did.

You would be protecting one of many sectors of space while having the ability to go back home like a Green Lantern at any time.

Moving long distances, or from planet to planet would not take long because the entity would tell you what sector needed protection and open a portal for you to get there immediately.

The Magnitude of your powers would be about as great as high Meta to low Herald initially, but would grow with continued use until you were within the high Herald to low Trans range.

You would never be able to stop time, but you could slow it down to a crawl. However your control of any particular event would only last for periods of 20 seconds with a cool down of 10 seconds. With that said your already impressive speed would appear to increase in the affected area to light speeds when viewed by any other being affected by time shifts.

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I'd go with Flight and time control.

You'd initially already have flight.

Stoic

Seems like TP, TK, or Magnetism win the day. He said high meta cap, so Jean and Polaris are roughly what we're talking here, powerwise?

Magneto

MF DELPH
Thanks.

Given the job at hand, I'd choose telekinesis.

Sin I AM

You would be protecting one of many sectors of space while having the ability to go back home like a Green Lantern at any time.

Moving long distances, or from planet to planet would not take long because the entity would tell you what sector needed protection and open a portal for you to get there immediately.

The Magnitude of your powers would be about as great as high Meta to low Herald initially, but would grow with continued use until you were within the high Herald to low Trans range.

You would never be able to stop time, but you could slow it down to a crawl. However your control of any particular event would only last for periods of 20 seconds with a cool down of 10 seconds. With that said your already impressive speed would appear to increase in the affected area to light speeds when viewed by any other being affected by time shifts.

Twenty seconds? So how long does the time warp last within that bubble? And what's my range? Tp takes time as well. It's nowhere near instantaneous.

StyleTime

Hmm....I'll have to reconsider my choice. I thought we were just chilling out in real life with these powers. Fighting, and being able to increase our power levels changes things.

Sin I AM

Arent u controlling it by slowing it down

ghostman
telekinesis by far! there are various examples through out fiction of telekinetics bending/manipulating spacetime, manipulating matter/energy and doing a bunch of other crazy shit. hell i remember reading about a telekinetic that could control the neural impulses of people to control their thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc.... high herald to low trans level tk would make you a god. same with telepathy. hell wasnt madelyne pryor able to warp reality through tk by pulling on quantum strings?

StyleTime
Arent u controlling it by slowing it down
In the literal sense, yes. That's why I put it in quotes though. You don't have the ability to manipulate it however you want. It's still viable now that the new stipulations are added, but it just seems limited compared to the others.
Originally posted by ghostman
telekinesis by far! there are various examples through out fiction of telekinetics bending/manipulating spacetime, manipulating matter/energy and doing a bunch of other crazy shit. hell i remember reading about a telekinetic that could control the neural impulses of people to control their thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc.... high herald to low trans level tk would make you a god. same with telepathy. hell wasnt madelyne pryor able to warp reality through tk by pulling on quantum strings?
Yeah, now that the powercap has increased, I'm having a hard time picking between tk and tp.

ozz81
TP

Sin I AM
With the power cap increase where doe that place time manip?

staxamillion
cool thread

riv6672
It had some laughs, it did. yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.