Defend Helms Deep!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

emporerpants
You have to pick 2 x-men from this list to add to the warriors defending helm's deep. Gandalf will not be coming. Who do you pick and why? You lose if helm's deep is breached and over run. Doesn't matter if the x-man you chose lives or dies, if Helm's Deep is over run, you lose.

1. Cyclops
2. Wolverine
3. Colossus
4. Nightcrawler
5. Gambit
6. Beast
7. Rogue
8. Psylocke
9. Vampire Jubilee
10. Archangel
11. Armor

Characters are at their standard power levels.

Martian_mind
Colossus and Cyclops. They have no way to bring Colossus down, and with him playing tank, Cyclops is free to decimate their forces.

Supermutant
I'll have Rogue fly Cyclops in the air with aerial super speed and optic blast the eff out of Saruman's army.

Sin I AM
Kurt/Betty

Khazra Reborn
Scott could solo if he takes his visor off.

emporerpants
The get off my lawn blast doesn't have the best range though.

Sin I AM
What's scotts energy reserves like?

Magnon
Rogue and Cyclops. She could fly around optic-blasting stuff while carrying Cyclops who would also be optic-blasting stuff.

yaadaveyaa
i only need colossus they could never even scratch him but ill take scott so he can clear the field the fastest

emporerpants
They might not be able to kill Colossus, but they could still get around him or past him, as he can only cover so much. Remember, you lose if Helm's Deep gets over run.

yaadaveyaa
thats y i brought cycolops he can clear the field pretty easy just let colossus spin like a top through their ranks

Sin I AM
Scratch that. Kurt/remy. Teleport time delay charges behind enemy lines or have gambit charge the archers arrows

DarkSaint85
Psylocke.

Mind control the commanders to give the order to retreat.

That would get rid of most of them.

Then maybe Wolverine or Cyclops to pick off the rest.

Magnon
I wonder if Psylocke's telepathy would work on the uruk-hai. Their minds would be quite alien, and also filled with rage/pain/etc which is known to interfere with mental domination. And they are essentially Saruman's puppets, broken and conditioned (maybe even magically?) to serve him.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Psylocke.

Mind control the commanders to give the order to retreat.

That would get rid of most of them.

Then maybe Wolverine or Cyclops to pick off the rest.

Or atleast tk push. I feel like kurts being undersold here. He could wreck shop.

DarkSaint85
Won't he get over tired?

Insane Titan
Cyclops and Wolverine.

Flyattractor
LOTR Orcs are Crap Fighters. They wouldn't be able to handle Jubilee and that loser mutant that could only speak every language.

Sin I AM
Won't he get over tired?

I thought he overcame that. Or maybe in thinking of AOA kurt

emporerpants
I like the idea of Gamibt charging the archers arrows. I also like the idea of Rogue absorbing some of Cyke's powers and blasting orcs while carrying Cyke and having him blast orcs as well. How long is someone tired out after getting drained by Rogue though?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by emporerpants
I like the idea of Gamibt charging the archers arrows. I also like the idea of Rogue absorbing some of Cyke's powers and blasting orcs while carrying Cyke and having him blast orcs as well. How long is someone tired out after getting drained by Rogue though?

Varies i suppose. She doesnt seem to have a lasting effect on hf chars for obvious reasons but she has put down strong people or halved their power.

staxamillion
gambit and archangel get all 'apocalypse' in there

DarkSaint85
Psylocke could also just control Piotr (he weighs what, 500lbs? That's nothing to her) and bounce him around like a bowling ball.

basilisk
Originally posted by Magnon
Rogue and Cyclops. She could fly around optic-blasting stuff while carrying Cyclops who would also be optic-blasting stuff. Either that or she wastes energy lugging around an unconscious drained Cyclops...

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Scratch that. Kurt/remy. Teleport time delay charges behind enemy lines or have gambit charge the archers arrows That would be pretty good.

Psylocke could also just control Piotr (he weighs what, 500lbs? That's nothing to her) and bounce him around like a bowling ball. Give the guy some dignity - she could just do that with boulders (or orcs) while he continued to fight on his own.

Prof X - "SLEEP!" OK, I know he's not on the list.

golem370
Rogue and Colossus

staxamillion
angel could decapitate all the generals and clops could easily rally and lead as well as take out a definite portion of the field even if he gets exhausted there will be a good chunk completely taken out

emporerpants
bump!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by emporerpants
Gandalf will not be coming.

What about the Huorns?

Technically, Gandalf and Eomer only forced the Uruk-hai to retreat in the movie, they didn't finish them off.

emporerpants
Nobody else is coming to back them up.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Varies i suppose. She doesnt seem to have a lasting effect on hf chars for obvious reasons but she has put down strong people or halved their power.

No, no, no, no, no, Sin. You and turn out fine. It's your kids, Sin. Something gotta be done about your kids!

Smurph
Psylocke and Wolverine.

He's basically as good an option as Colossus in this scenario, but faster at killing.

She's has similar destructive potential as Cyclops, but with more options.

carthage
Colossus and Logan

StiltmanFTW
I was thinking of Armor and Logan.

But Armor can't grow giant anymore, can she?

Glorificus
Rogue and Psylocke.

Rogue copies Psylocke, and they go to town with their TK/TP on the entire army.

cdtm
Beast and Archangel.

krisblaze
Cyclops and Wolverine.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Beast and Archangel.

Both can be dropped with 1 crossbow bolt no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.