Is Galen Marek / Starkiller a Jedi?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Vote in the polls.

Nephthys
No, of course not. He literally never gets any Jedi training or follows their teachings at all. He's a Lightsided Sith.

juggernaut74
He should be forgotten along with all of the old EU.

UCanShootMyNova
I'd say so.

S_W_LeGenD
Grey perhaps.

TgKWindRenegade
Ima say grey Jedi leaning towards sith his hearts in the right place not his power

chilled monkey
Originally posted by juggernaut74
He should be forgotten along with all of the old EU.

Rubbish. The "old EU" is what got me into Star Wars to start with and to me it "is" Star Wars.

Plus the "old EU" is what made Star Wars as big as it is today. Without the EU there wouldn't ever have been a Prequel Trilogy or a TCW or a "Rebels." Consider this, without the "old EU" nobody would even know what a Sith is, seeing as the word "Sith" is never even spoken in the Original Trilogy.

Deronn_solo
He died a lightsider, but I wouldn't call him a "Jedi" per se.

Zenwolf
Just a Force User really.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Rubbish. The "old EU" is what got me into Star Wars to start with and to me it "is" Star Wars.

Good for you.

Not even close to being true.

Yes, there absolutely would be.

It's not spoken in the Original Trilogy, but Lucas already coined the name in earlier drafts. It's not like the idea of the Sith was something Lucas got from a third party. laughing out loud

Beniboybling
chilled monktard is delusional, yeah.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Good for you.

Thank you.

Not even close to being true.

Completely true. Do you really think Star Wars would be as big as it is today if there hadn't been new stories to keep people interested? If there hadn't been comics to get comic fans interested, video games to get game fans interested and so on?

If it had been just the Original Trilogy then there'd have been nowhere near as much material to get new people interested (like with me, I became a Star Wars fan through reading EU novels), or to keep fans of the movies interested. Sure there'd be a few hard-core movie fan-boys, but most people would get bored watching the same three movies over and over again, and move on.

Yes, there absolutely would be.

No chance.

It's not spoken in the Original Trilogy, but Lucas already coined the name in earlier drafts. It's not like the idea of the Sith was something Lucas got from a third party. laughing out loud

Beg your pardon but so what if Lucas coined the name in earlier drafts? It's not like people would know that, seeing as those early drafts weren't used in the movie.

The point is that fans only recognise the word "Sith" because of the EU novels/comics.

Anyway, on topic, I would say yes he was. Galen had the heart of a Jedi and that is what really matters.

TenebrousWay
Yes, one doesn't need to have the sanction of alienated bureaucrats to spouse true Jedi values.

Geistalt
Galen Marek was a rebel Jedi (and a Jedi only in name); Subject 1138 was a mere Sith acolyte who stumbled his way across the galaxy, primarily led around by his chafing CAULK.

Shit; I misvoted. Fvcking iPhone.

NewGuy01
Yes. The vast majority of fans never knew or cared about those stories anyway.

You're delusional.

Hate to break it to you, but 99%+ of Star Wars fans didn't recognize the word "Sith" before 1999, and only do now because it was introduced in the prequels. laughing out loud

Geistalt
Actually, it does have a meaning. It means "since," like "ere." Ever read Hamlet?

chilled monkey

DarthAnt66
Absolutely nothing listed from the video are relevant (or non-relevant, really) things the films "stole" from the Expanded Universe. Everything listed is likely there because Lucas had the same idea and then used what was already there for naming purposes (ex. Lucas wanted a planet-city and then used the name "Coruscant"wink.

Zenwolf
He put in the YT-2400 into ANH and with that, it's good enough for me cause that model Corellian freighter is sweet.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
He literally never gets any Jedi training

Wut...

Geistalt
Wait; "ere" means "before." nvm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.