Rebels Darth Maul - Interview!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/maul_s10.png

ILS
b-b-b-but that filoni quote out of context

only emperor match ashoka 11!

Solar Power
smile thumb up

Deronn_solo
The Maul haters are chewing on their words right now.

ares834
Why? Because he can still do flips and shit?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ares834
thumb up

I mean, I don't see how that proves anything.
Obviously is Maul good, or he wouldn't have statlemated Ahsoka.

Deronn_solo
He is the only game in town when it comes to an extraordinarily dangerous Force trained combatants.

thumb up

Ursumeles
Of which are four, or so, left? And only ond of them still fights?

ares834
And?

I'd certainly hope he could provide a challenge to the Rebels crew. Unless, you think this quote somehow puts him above Sidious and Vader, I'm really not seeing anything here that's impressive.

Zenwolf
Not doing flips and acrobatic movements....

https://j.gifs.com/g56gRr.gif

https://j.gifs.com/qjDvO7.gif

https://j.gifs.com/KOmn0G.gif

K...sure, not like acrobatics aren't apart of Force User training or anything...oh wait...

NewGuy01
This isn't new.

Zenwolf
I feel like the Rebels crew needs to watch the OT again, they seem to get a few things wrong with it whenever they mention it or whenever they mention Luke specifically.

Ursumeles
thumb up

Beniboybling
This is sad, there are better things to wank Maul with.
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
The Maul haters are chewing on their words right now. u should go back to sucking TOR cock. smile

|King Joker|
When was this interview conducted, and I'm assuming this is Witwer?

Edit: I think I recall watching an interview several months ago with either Witwer or FPJ where they said basically the same thing as in this interview. mmm

SunRazer
Nothing's changed.

quanchi112
I told you haters. Maul would beat Vader.

Zenwolf
Not seeing how this proves that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Not seeing how this proves that. The evidence proves it. It has for years but this whole notion Maul isn't fantastic is put to rest by here. Vader competed in a weak era with the Jedi outside of their prime. Vader has always been overrated. His hopes for true greatness and potential was severed by Kenobi in rots.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by quanchi112
The evidence proves it. It has for years but this whole notion Maul isn't fantastic is put to rest by here. Vader competed in a weak era with the Jedi outside of their prime. Vader has always been overrated. His hopes for true greatness and potential was severed by Kenobi in rots.

Yeah, but that doesn't mean Vader isn't a formidable Force combatant....cause he clearly is. Just because his potential was cut doesn't mean he still can't be.

quanchi112
Yeah, but that doesn't mean Vader isn't a formidable Force combatant....cause he clearly is. Just because his potential was cut doesn't mean he still can't be. I am not saying he's a scrub I'm saying he is overrated and greatly benefited from the era he was in.

Zenwolf
Fair enough, but I don't really think this article tells us anything we don't already know. It got things wrong though, but that's nothing new lately with these interviews.

Beniboybling
The evidence proves it. It has for years but this whole notion Maul isn't fantastic is put to rest by here. Vader competed in a weak era with the Jedi outside of their prime. Vader has always been overrated. His hopes for true greatness and potential was severed by Kenobi in rots. laughing out loud

Kurk
The evidence proves it. It has for years but this whole notion Maul isn't fantastic is put to rest by here. Vader competed in a weak era with the Jedi outside of their prime. Vader has always been overrated. His hopes for true greatness and potential was severed by Kenobi in rots. thumb up

Yeah, but that doesn't mean Vader isn't a formidable Force combatant....cause he clearly is. Just because his potential was cut doesn't mean he still can't be.
He is a slave to Sidious. RotS Vader was talking about overthrowing Sidious. Potential is out the door.

SunRazer
Who doesn't know that his potential went down?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Kurk
thumb up

He is a slave to Sidious. RotS Vader was talking about overthrowing Sidious. Potential is out the door.

Right as I said, but the fact is...he was still a powerful combatant, regardless of his potential being cut or not.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/maul_s10.png

Is there a link? Or have you scanned a magazine?

Originally posted by ares834

Because it confirms again that neither Kanan or Ezra can compete against Maul, and that Maul certainly would have been competition for Ahsoka.

Also nice to see it confirmed that old training always stays with him and never lets him degrade too much.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ILS
b-b-b-but that filoni quote out of context

only emperor match ashoka 11!

Hey this quote says "No One" has that training anymore. It must mean Maul has had better training than Vader!

Let's just take people's words completely literally and ignore the actual message they're trying to get across!

|King Joker|
Pretty sure you were the only one ignoring a message, lmfao.

Darth Thor
Nah you were taking Filoni's words wayyy too literally. This should just show you not to jump the gun like that. If you wanna ignore that lesson in favour of your favourite character then theres not much I can to do about that, except continue to point out the flaws in your "evidences".

You also shouldn't take Filoni's words as Canon in every case just based on how he and his crew lowball Luke.

|King Joker|
This is Sam talking, I'm sure Filoni is much more careful with his wording. smile

I don't give a shit about their opinions on Luke. They don't write him.

Darth Thor
Edited- Filoni isn't Lucas. His every word shouldn't be taken as Canon.

Anyway it's cool you like Ahsoka. Just don't expect no arguments when you put her above Maul.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by |King Joker|

I don't give a shit about their opinions on Luke. They don't write him.

And even with the characters he writes he obviously wasn't granted allowance to let Ahsoka kick Maul's ass either, or it would have happpened When they fought cool

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Edited- Filoni isn't Lucas. His every word shouldn't be taken as Canon.

Anyway it's cool you like Ahsoka. Just don't expect no arguments when you put her above Maul. Didn't you used to ride Filoni's dick constantly? Why am I hearing this from you?

Keep the arguments coming, they're amusing.

And even with the characters he writes he obviously wasn't granted allowance to let Ahsoka kick Maul's ass either, or it would have happpened When they fought cool I'm glad you agree Filoni is of the opinion that Ahsoka is > Maul, but regardless I doubt Filoni would have lobbied for Ahsoka kicking his ass.

Solar Power
Regarding Joker's concerns, that response to the second interview question is word for word from this Sam Witwer interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiDEQ_HjbV8

Beniboybling
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Keep the arguments coming, they're amusing.Inb4 "but da databank!"

quanchi112
Originally posted by Beniboybling
laughing out loud

https://66.media.tumblr.com/82ce3f5034abfab1531ef77a9ab4ae49/tumblr_n0r9iajlML1ts4ubeo1_500.gif

Darth Thor
Inb4 "but da databank!"

You mean the actual canon source? erm

Beniboybling
The ones that's desperately clung to yeah dat be it. smile

Petrus
Am I the only one here who finds it hilariously ironic that Quanchi gets all excited and shit when Witwer comes out and says those things about Maul, but when Filoni says shit that he doesn't like, he simply dismisses it?

Darth Thor
The ones that's desperately clung to yeah dat be it. smile

I agree, which is why I never clung to that. But clinging to Filoni's general statement on his fav character isn't exactly much better.

Originally posted by Petrus
Am I the only one here who finds it hilariously ironic that Quanchi gets all excited and shit when Witwer comes out and says those things about Maul, but when Filoni says shit that he doesn't like, he simply dismisses it?

Actually he completely dismissed Witwer when he said Maul would lose to Vader. But I can't be arsed pointing out his hypocrisy anymore.

DarthDuelist9
I actually clung to it, combined with his superior performance against the Inquisitors stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
Inb4 "but da databank!"
laughing out loud Seems like you're the one who's desperate.

Beniboybling
I agree, which is why I never clung to that. But clinging to Filoni's general statement on his fav character isn't exactly much better.There are no issues then. smile

Darth Thor
There are no issues then. smile

What? No damn it! Let's keep arguing!

McP
How can that scan prove anything? Maul can do flips and athletic movements, that's fine. Vader, Kenobi, Luke and possibly Emperor himself couldn't? Only because he had "classical Sith training"? Ahsoka had that as well, I guess, since she could do that as well. But she can't anymore, becasue she crossed her sabers with Vader.

Yeah, sources of Disney's canon are becoming stupider and stupider...

Zenwolf
Luke was doing flips and athletic movements too in the movies, see 1st page.

McP
But that source is stating, that in the OT none was doing that!

Zenwolf
Originally posted by McP
But that source is stating, that in the OT none was doing that!

Hey they also say that Luke was terrible with a lightsaber and was a pacifist! Though I think Vader, Jabba's thugs and those Scout Troopers on Endor would disagree.

https://j.gifs.com/KOmPMz.gif

Yeah...a real pacifist slams someone into a tree going at 300+ mph..

McP
Perhaps he was. Everything is possible in that new canon... XD Sith Lord who can do flips and other thing might loose to Kanan, perhaps Ezra as well, a stormtrooper inferior to other stromtrooper might land a hit on a guy, who destroyed Luke's new Order... who knows, perhaps Darth Gollum will find his precious again!

That stromtrooper could have a cancer... and Luke just saved him out of his misery...

quanchi112
Originally posted by McP
How can that scan prove anything? Maul can do flips and athletic movements, that's fine. Vader, Kenobi, Luke and possibly Emperor himself couldn't? Only because he had "classical Sith training"? Ahsoka had that as well, I guess, since she could do that as well. But she can't anymore, becasue she crossed her sabers with Vader.

Yeah, sources of Disney's canon are becoming stupider and stupider... So when you hear something you don't like it's stupid.

Zenwolf
https://j.gifs.com/2ROjzj.gif

Pacifist Luke also tries to pull a gun and shoot Jabba! Look how much of a pacifist he's being!

quanchi112
Luke was more of a pacifist whether you like it or not. He didn't resort to violence unless he had to.

Darth Thor
Hey they also say that Luke was terrible with a lightsaber and was a pacifist! Though I think Vader, Jabba's thugs and those Scout Troopers on Endor would disagree.

https://j.gifs.com/KOmPMz.gif

Yeah...a real pacifist slams someone into a tree going at 300+ mph..

That was FPJ who said that. He's an idiot.

Zenwolf
You mean like everyone else pretty much? Cause they didn't resort to violence unless needed.

Also definition of Pacifist..

pac·i·fist
ˈpasəfəst/

noun
a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable.

a person who believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or to violence of any kind.

And yet, Luke as of ANH was wanting to go fight the Empire...

Darth Thor
Witwer didn't say that about Luke.

Zenwolf
Witwer didn't say that about Luke.

I know, I was responding to McP's post when he said the source was saying crazy about the OT. By saying other sources were just as crazy.

quanchi112
You mean like everyone else pretty much? Cause they didn't resort to violence unless needed.

Also definition of Pacifist..

pac·i·fist
ˈpasəfəst/

noun
a person who believes that war and violence are unjustifiable.

a person who believes in pacifism or is opposed to war or to violence of any kind.

And yet, Luke as of ANH was wanting to go fight the Empire... It is the same as the Surfer who is a pacifist. Luke didn't want to fight his father but pushed he would. So yes he didn't want a war but wouldn't stand by while his friends were murdered, etc.

We see in TFA he completely went away after his entire order was slaughtered in true pacifist fashion. Poor guy was hiding. laughing out loud

Zenwolf
It is the same as the Surfer who is a pacifist. Luke didn't want to fight his father but pushed he would. So yes he didn't want a war but wouldn't stand by while his friends were murdered, etc.

We see in TFA he completely went away after his entire order was slaughtered in true pacifist fashion. Poor guy was hiding. laughing out loud

Even before he met his friends and Vader, he was wanting to go fight the Empire. So he was hardly a pacifist even before all that.

quanchi112
Even before he met his friends and Vader, he was wanting to go fight the Empire. So he was hardly a pacifist even before all that. His position changed. It wasn't static but we have seen the changes. He's definitely one of the more pacifist Jedi I have ever seen. His actions in TFA are truly awful. He's a pussy.

Zenwolf
So he was a pacifist when he went to go save his friends on ESB and confront Vader? What, was he gonna talk Vader to surrendering?

I guess he was also a pacifist when he deliberately drew his saber to kill the Emperor, who was unarmed and no violence had been committed, he was the one who started the fight.

But anyway, I'm not wanting to derail the topci here, so I'll just leave it here. Believe what you will.

quanchi112
So he was a pacifist when he went to go save his friends on ESB and confront Vader? What, was he gonna talk Vader to surrendering?

I guess he was also a pacifist when he deliberately drew his saber to kill the Emperor, who was unarmed and no violence had been committed, he was the one who started the fight.

But anyway, I'm not wanting to derail the topci here, so I'll just leave it here. I said when pushed he would fight. He was trying to get Vader to come over to the Jedi again. The emperor had to push him over the fate of his friends. Luke was emotional and Palpatine used that to try to spur his hatred out.

Luke's temperament has changed throughout the films but I'd definitely call him a pacifist. I gather he will come back to the fight in episode eight but man was he a pussy in episode seven hiding out. How can he live with himself ?

He needs to die.

Darth Thor
Even before he met his friends and Vader, he was wanting to go fight the Empire. So he was hardly a pacifist even before all that.

Not saying he was a pacifist, but what he was like before he met Han and Leia isn't too relevant as he developed and changed and grew through the trilogy.

Zenwolf
Not saying he was a pacifist, but what he was like before he met Han and Leia isn't too relevant as he developed and changed and grew through the trilogy.

Well clearly, but he was fighting the Empire through and through despite his character changes.

Darth Thor
Yeah FPJ calling him Ghandi was retarded.

playa1258
Luke is one of the bravest characters in Star Wars along with his dad and Obi-wan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Luke is one of the bravest characters in Star Wars along with his dad and Obi-wan. He sure wasn't brave in TFA.

playa1258
Your precious Snoke is scared of him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Your precious Snoke is scared of him. Nah, but that pussy Luke went into hiding though. He abandoned his friends and let Kylo slaughter his order. He's a pansy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.