Wolverines income vs Punishers income

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
ever wondered how do some super heroes survive? i mean where do they get their money from. like wolverine for example. he is drinking a lot of beer and smoking a lot of cigars. where is the money from? i dont recall him actually working or anything. also the punisher. where is the money from??? how can they afford food , water, electricity, internet and all the things they are using. is it a secret sugar daddy or sugar mama?

krisblaze
Most of the x-men are millionaires I think.

Dareangel
Originally posted by krisblaze
Most of the x-men are millionaires I think.

wolverine is a millionaire? how? when? also how is professor X keeping up the mension? are they getting donations from tony stark and such? i mean its not like they are actually making money or something.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Dareangel
ever wondered how do some super heroes survive? i mean where do they get their money from. like wolverine for example. he is drinking a lot of beer and smoking a lot of cigars. where is the money from? i dont recall him actually working or anything. also the punisher. where is the money from??? how can they afford food , water, electricity, internet and all the things they are using. is it a secret sugar daddy or sugar mama?
I always assumed Punisher got funds off of dead drug dealers honestly. The X Mansion is technically a school so it should get government funding of some kind... especially with all the high level telepaths there lol. Plus I'm sure Warren helps out with stuff.

Dareangel
Originally posted by darthgoober
I always assumed Punisher got funds off of dead drug dealers honestly. The X Mansion is technically a school so it should get government funding of some kind... especially with all the high level telepaths there lol. Plus I'm sure Warren helps out with stuff.

so the school gives wolverine money for beer and cigars? not to mention all the gas for his motorcycle?

darthgoober
so the school gives wolverine money for beer and cigars? not to mention all the gas for his motorcycle?
Sure... of course it prob files the expenses under "text books" lol. Also, I think he's technically a teacher, which would mean a salary.

krisblaze
wolverine is a millionaire? how? when? also how is professor X keeping up the mension? are they getting donations from tony stark and such? i mean its not like they are actually making money or something.

They discuss it briefly in morrison's x-men I think.

warren fronted them a lot of money though, and sunspot.

Magnon
I think Wolverine, during his long life-span, has made plenty of little deposits and investments all around the world. He'd likely always have some stash somewhere to fall back on.

Dareangel
interesting. wolverine is funded nice. he can also do some contracts here and there in japan. he has a secret life in japan which involved yakuza and all those mobsters. he could easily fly to japan take some big boss out and earn nice cash. same thing probably with punisher. Martial Artists fly to japan to pad their win/loss record. wolverine and punisher fly there to make some cash. thats nice. also sabretooth probably getting money the same way. and yeah like darth mentioned the x men got telepaths so you know how things can go down when you got people that need money and can make you do what ever they want. you think colossus and ice man also are getting some of that x men money?

wuleecat
This is a really good question, and not just for those two characters but for superheroes and villains right across the board. Costumes for instance, they're often complex with all sorts of twiddly bits and then they get damaged all to hell in a scrap so they need a new one and hey presto, there it is. Where'd that come from? And the tons of weapons and gadgets and secret lairs and bases that we see all the time, they've got to cost a fortune.

Dareangel
Originally posted by wuleecat
This is a really good question, and not just for those two characters but for superheroes and villains right across the board. Costumes for instance, they're often complex with all sorts of twiddly bits and then they get damaged all to hell in a scrap so they need a new one and hey presto, there it is. Where'd that come from? And the tons of weapons and gadgets and secret lairs and bases that we see all the time, they've got to cost a fortune.

exactly. and where do they get their spandex from? like sabretooth and his old yellow spandex. where did he get that from? who sells those things man.

Surtur
The answer is obvious: they steal. Now you see why the people in Marvel hate mutants so much.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Magnon
I think Wolverine, during his long life-span, has made plenty of little deposits and investments all around the world. He'd likely always have some stash somewhere to fall back on.

Working for Landau, Luckman, and Lake...

Gambling with aliens...

Surtur
If you run a little cigar shop and some hairy midget walks in and demands a free cigar and you say no and then friggin blades of indestructible metal burst forth from his hands..you're probably just going to say "take it". If you don't and you have a gun and you shoot him then he's just going to face stab you.

The Punisher probably just steals from the people he kills. Then uses it to buy stuff. Or he finds some criminals selling guns and shit and murders them for it. That's like two birds one stone really.

StiltmanFTW
There is no "probably", it's what Frank does.

Surtur
I feel like he'd also maybe sell bootleg Punisher t-shirts out of the back of a station wagon.

Dareangel
damnnn some dark shit going on here. this is the dark side of the heroes. all them gadgets, cars, bikes, food. they are all buffed as hell. you know how much food you have to eat to be this buffed and big? a lot of food. maybe thats why they fight for earth in the first place. they lovin that free stuff going on

Surtur
If you want to talk about dark shit: Wakanda has the cure for cancer and they refuse to share it with the world.

Supermutant
X-men can literally make their own money. Anyone thinks Forge couldn't make an exact printing press of any currency in the world? Magneto manipulates metal, what are silver and gold?

The X-men can be self-sufficient when they want. They got a living mutant island, so that got their own land. Storm can make it rain, go crops etc. Alchemy can change matter into pretty much anything he wants. too bad he just died

Basically they got plenty of options. They also sold Shiar tech to agencies like Shield for big bucks and own the patent on a lot of inventions.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Surtur
If you want to talk about dark shit: Wakanda has the cure for cancer and they refuse to share it with the world.

yeah but what has the world done for wakanda. coloniolized by the western world for centeries. ever since alexander the great. then julius ceasar came in and did his shit with them. then the ottman empire, french, brits. and now what? now the west wants their help? they got history man.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Supermutant
X-men can literally make their own money. Anyone thinks Forge couldn't make an exact printing press of any currency in the world? Magneto manipulates metal, what are silver and gold?

The X-men can be self-sufficient when they want. They got a living mutant island, so that got their own land. Storm can make it rain, go crops etc. Alchemy can change matter into pretty much anything he wants. too bad he just died

Basically they got plenty of options. They also sold Shiar tech to agencies like Shield for big bucks and own the patent on a lot of inventions.

Professor X used to game the stock market.

Surtur
yeah but what has the world done for wakanda. coloniolized by the western world for centeries. ever since alexander the great. then julius ceasar came in and did his shit with them. then the ottman empire, french, brits. and now what? now the west wants their help? they got history man.

Yeah, but the cure for cancer wouldn't just benefit western countries, but every single country on the planet.

staxamillion
wolverine should have gotten checks from the government for hush money as well as being a veteran as well as social security

staxamillion
welp spiderman was money stupid until doc ock set him straight. reed has all those patents.

I think I read somewhere that they have a machine from the shiar that makes outfits???

also Xavier, angel, and psylocke are born into money and have bankrolled the squad when Charles could not.

emma is rich AF too from being a criminal.

here's the kicker the x-men never pay rent! they always steal somebody's base, use an abandoned one, or go to one they already own. much more they have family members too some are still in good terms with that do what they can too.

punisher living expenses are nominal too he probably still has connects with the military to get BA weapons and ammo or just kills criminals for them and calls in favors for the rest.

oh and namor is royalty.

krisblaze
Wolverine looks like he's worth quite a bit of money now shifty

Surtur
Maybe Xaxier just made everyone in America donate $1 to the X-Men.

Dareangel
and what about captain america? his character wont allow him to just accept money for nothing. can you imagine captain america just getting a free ride and getting free money? he will be like "when the whole world is trying to give you money, you should stand your ground and say no, i didnt earn that money". so how does HE make money?

staxamillion
and what about captain america? his character wont allow him to just accept money for nothing. can you imagine captain america just getting a free ride and getting free money? he will be like "when the whole world is trying to give you money, you should stand your ground and say no, i didnt earn that money". so how does HE make money?

I bet captain America gets at least a general's salary from the US military when he's in good standing.

staxamillion
came across this in Truth: Red, White and Black

Surtur

I just have two words for you: Nazi gold.

deathslash
Originally posted by staxamillion
wolverine should have gotten checks from the government for hush money as well as being a veteran as well as social security he also is a shield agent and a member of the avengers, alpha flight, the fantastic four and a veteran of multiple wars. He likely has a fortune because of the multiple government and superhero jobs that he's done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.