New(?) Palps Quote!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
I never saw this one before:

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/woah10.jpg

It seems to be referring to TPM Palpatine too.

I'm not sure what the source is though. It could be Disney Canon?

MythLord
Seems to be Disney Canon, though I'm not sure, tbh.

ILS
source?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I'm not sure what the source is though.
gg

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ILS
source?
star wars

Azronger
It says Chancellor Palpatine, so it's not pre-Plagueis death Sidious, unfortunately.

ILS
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
gg Originally posted by Ursumeles
star wars reading is for fgts

ILS
Ant, where did you find it?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ILS
reading is for fgts
So for u?

SunRazer
Originally posted by ILS
Ant, where did you find it?

quanchi112
Sunrazer is really excited for this latest quote which he will use to end debates.

SunRazer
It will (potentially) end the Vitiate/Sidious debate, yeah.

I see you're still salty over being humiliated in that last thread, though. Careful - your anger's going to lead you to the dark side.

Zenwolf
But if it's Canon, it won't matter cause Vitiate isn't Canon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SunRazer
It will (potentially) end the Vitiate/Sidious debate, yeah.

I see you're still salty over being humiliated in that last thread, though. Careful - your anger's going to lead you to the dark side. Nah, you're a lost cause and you aren't even a debater. You care very little for forming your own opinion but would rather quest for quotes. Embarrassing.

Specificity matters, guy.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Zenwolf
But if it's Canon, it won't matter cause Vitiate isn't Canon.

If.

Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, you're a lost cause and you aren't even a debater. You care very little for forming your own opinion but would rather quest for quotes. Embarrassing.

Specificity matters, guy.

You don't need to try and justify your stupidity.

quanchi112
If.

You don't need to try and justify your stupidity. Says the guy obsessing over a canon quite because he believes it'll settle the matter against a noncanon guy. Oh the irony. You're not intelligent in the least bit. Your double standards are amusing.

SunRazer
Who says the quote is Canon? We don't know. The point is that if it's Legends, it counts. Otherwise, it doesn't, although it does quash the Vader > Sidious movement.

As I said, you don't need to try and justify how stupid you are.

Zenwolf
I'm thinking it's probably Canon due to the fact it says Sidious defeated Plagueis and took Maul as an apprentice, when didn't he already take Maul as an apprentice when Plagueis was alive?

quanchi112
Who says the quote is Canon? We don't know. The point is that if it's Legends, it counts. Otherwise, it doesn't, although it does quash the Vader > Sidious movement.

As I said, you don't need to try and justify how stupid you are. What don't you get about quotes and statements that are inconsistent and contradict each other. You act like the Disney team even cares about the fanboys. They are just trying to sell the merchandise and the fact you give these the highest praise shows how low on the debating totem pole you fall.

The best part aka the icing on the cake is being the most powerful doesn't even prove they are the most formidable.

laughing out loud

Please actually examine the shit logic you try to pedal.

SunRazer
@Zen - Not officially. But that's a decent case.

SunRazer
What don't you get about quotes and statements that are inconsistent and contradict each other. You act like the Disney team even cares about the fanboys. They are just trying to sell the merchandise and the fact you give these the highest praise shows how low on the debating totem pole you fall.

The best part aka the icing on the cake is being the most powerful doesn't even prove they are the most formidable.

laughing out loud

Please actually examine the shit logic you try to pedal.

You're doing a really poor job of advertising for that mental hospital, aren't you?

quanchi112
You're doing a really poor job of advertising for that mental hospital, aren't you? So you can't refute any of my points and instead are showcasing your emotional instability. Take notice how I've broken this troll.

SunRazer
You don't have points. You're incoherently rambling about how shit the system is because you can't handle it.

The only thing that's broken is that toilet bowl you call your head.

quanchi112
You don't have points. You're incoherently rambling about how shit the system is because you can't handle it.

The only thing that's broken is that toilet bowl you call your head. No, it is shit because it's ridiculous. You're not wise enough to see through the sea of inconsistency of these quotes. The comic versus forum is leaps and bounds better than this one and it's because people learned long ago arguing Odin is omnipotent because it said so in a comic is simply ridiculous. You'd be pedaling that nonsense because you're retarded. You haven't evolved yet and it's amusing for me to talk down to you. Use your brain do not just quote post.

SunRazer
You obviously don't know how the system here works when it comes to determining the validity of quotes, and if you're pretending that I'm the only one who "pedals" quotes. But of course, being an unsuccessful troll who's migrated from other sub-forums, you obviously wouldn't have a clue as to the system here.

Odin's omnipotence is what you'll call hyperbole, and it occurs in SW as well. Trying to pedal "Palpatine overpowered Yoda" as hyperbole is proof that you need a plumber to fix your toilet bowl (sorry, head) leak.

If this system of using evidence to prove your point is so terrible, then just ignore it. Move on. You don't need to rail on about how terrible it is. Nobody cares about your miserable failures to produce a supported case. Go back to using emotion and ideology to prove your point as opposed to evidence.

quanchi112
You obviously don't know how the system here works when it comes to determining the validity of quotes, and if you're pretending that I'm the only one who "pedals" quotes. But of course, being an unsuccessful troll who's migrated from other sub-forums, you obviously wouldn't have a clue as to the system here.

Odin's omnipotence is what you'll call hyperbole, and it occurs in SW as well. Trying to pedal "Palpatine overpowered Yoda" as hyperbole is proof that you need a plumber to fix your toilet bowl (sorry, head) leak. What do you mean a system. And a lot of the other stuff is hyperbole and just nonsense just like with the Odin nonsense. Something like this needs to reinforce the facts for it to be taken seriously. Palpatine is powerful for a Sith but Yoda was a match for him as a Jedi. We see both were taxed and when Yoda reached his limits the remaining effects of the force blew them both back. Yoda was closer to the edge and it's why he fell off. If you need ten thousand quotes to explain this very brief and simple scene then you're retarded.

I'd love to get someone as retarded as you in a judged debate because I'd dominate you. I guarantee you'd never accept and posture your way right out of it though. Posters like you lack nuts.

SunRazer
Please don't talk about how poor other debaters are. It's blindingly obvious that your cases rely solely on emotion and ideology as opposed to actual evidence, which is why you've failed to construct a supported case in that thread and got thoroughly humiliated. And now you're throwing a temper tantrum because your emotional outlook on a case doesn't take precedence over canonical, factual information.

A judged debate? We had someone judge the debate in that last thread, and the conclusion was that you got thrashed. So you've lost that as well. You literally have nowhere to go with this. Just save what face/toilet bowl you have left and stop trying to appeal to emotions by challenging me to duels of manliness and bravado.

"Judged debates" to prove how much "nuts" you have. laughing out loud You're literally trying to appeal to the population now because you know you can't stand on your own two feet. And you're saying that I'm the one who's posturing? Cry some more.

quanchi112
Please don't talk about how poor other debaters are. It's blindingly obvious that your cases rely solely on emotion and ideology as opposed to actual evidence, which is why you've failed to construct a supported case in that thread and got thoroughly humiliated. And now you're throwing a temper tantrum because your emotional outlook on a case doesn't take precedence over canonical, factual information.

A judged debate? We had someone judge the debate in that last thread, and the conclusion was that you got thrashed. So you've lost that as well. You literally have nowhere to go with this. Just save what face/toilet bowl you have left and stop trying to appeal to emotions by challenging me to duels of manliness and bravado.

"Judged debates" to prove how much "nuts" you have. laughing out loud You're literally trying to appeal to the population now because you know you can't stand on your own two feet. And you're saying that I'm the one who's posturing? Cry some more. Well if you believe I can't debate then let's do a judged debate. You have nothing to lose against little old me and it'll be judged. Unbiased posters we agree to you moron. Your hypocrisy and cowardice can be rather annoying especially when you can't support your stances with evidence. I didn't say I want to appeal to a popular generalized vote but a judged debate with posters we agree on. Most of the threads are centered around hating on Bane which isn't very objective. This entire forum reeks of emotion and butthurt. I'm here to give you your preparation H.

If you're as good as you say and I'm as bad as you say then you have no leg to stand on by refusal. I wager you'll still try to posture that you're on another level while your tail goes limp and you scurry away like you always do.

SunRazer
Well if you believe I can't debate then let's do a judged debate. You have nothing to lose against little old me and it'll be judged. Unbiased posters we agree to you moron. Your hypocrisy and cowardice can be rather annoying especially when you can't support your stances with evidence. I didn't say I want to appeal to a popular vote but a judged debate with posters we agree on.

If you're as good as you say and I'm as bad as you say then you have no leg to stand on by refusal. I wager you'll still try to posture that you're on another level while your tail goes limp and you scurry away like you always do.

Tell me where I said that I was good. I said you appeal to emotion as opposed to facts, which you're proving to me right now by calling me out for purported hypocrisy, cowardice, telling me that I'll scurry away as always, calling me a moron, etc. Is it that hard for you to make a post without bringing such things up?

I'm not here for emotional pile-ups. When you show that you can present any semblance of objectivity and don't appeal to emotional values with every post, then I'll consider debating with you. As of yet, I'm considering proposals from far worthier candidates than you, I must say. But as I said, once your emotional stakes in all this disappear, then you'll be a valid candidate. Until then, it's a waste of my time.

Oh, and if you consider this to be proof that I'm running away in cowardice, then you're only proving my point and invalidating your worth as a debater. Of course, there's entirely the possibility that you'll spend a while trying to remain emotionally neutral so you can win me over for the debate, and then if I refuse you can call me out for cowardice again laughing out loud

quanchi112
Tell me where I said you were bad or that I was good. I said you appeal to emotion as opposed to facts, which you're proving to me right now by calling me out for purported hypocrisy, cowardice, telling me that I'll scurry away as always, calling me a moron, etc. Is it that hard for you to make a post without bringing such things up?

I'm not here for emotional pile-ups. When you show that you can present any semblance of objectivity and don't appeal to emotional values with every post, then I'll consider debating with you. As of yet, I'm considering proposals from far worthier candidates than you, I must say.

Oh, and if you consider this to be proof that I'm running away in cowardice, then you're only proving my point and invalidating your worth as a debater. I am being objective when I say you're a hypocrite because you are. I am not the only one whose called you out on this. I like to trash talk so relax.

As incorrectly predicted despite me poking you in the e chest you still back down. I punked you. You are weak and I won't offer you the chance for an official debate anytime soon. Live short and in peril.

SunRazer
Oh, and if you consider this to be proof that I'm running away in cowardice, then you're only proving my point and invalidating your worth as a debater.

thumb up

This is getting too easy.

quanchi112
thumb up

This is getting too easy. You backed down to me. I won without a single post. Anytime any serious debater backs down from the challenge of a judged debate with objective judges you're just full of shit. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.

SunRazer
And if it walks with a leaking toilet bowl on its neck, it's Quanchi. laughing out loud

Seriously, though, as I correctly predicted, you had only emotional stakes in this, and you couldn't let go of them. You pander to perceptions of manliness and other emotions because you can't create even a semblance of a factual post. The only thing you can do is resort to trying to discredit the opposition by making them look like weak cowards because you have to compensate for that utter lack of ability to debate. You've completely destroyed your own credibility here, now and for evermore. You'll be spending the rest of your life on this forum trying to rebuild your ruined credibility and reputation.

The Ellimist
Ant, where did you find this? Ask whoever originally posted it?

quanchi112
And if it walks with a leaking toilet bowl on its neck, it's Quanchi. laughing out loud

Seriously, though, as I correctly predicted, you had only emotional stakes in this, and you couldn't let go of them. You pander to perceptions of manliness and other emotions because you can't create even a semblance of a factual post. You've completely destroyed your own credibility here, now and for evermore. You're being very dramatic and even more feminine than usual. Any self respecting man when challenged answers the bell they don't walk away claiming they won. I correctly assessed the scene of Yoda and Palpatine without a single quote because unlike you I can process the visual information without a Disney link.

Serious question, were you always like this ? Did you ever think for yourself ?

SunRazer
The fact that I'm thinking for myself is how I can see through that pathetic facade of yours instead of being intimidated, lol. You're still appealing to masculinity in an attempt to conceal the abject humiliation you've just suffered.

quanchi112
The fact that I'm thinking for myself is how I can see through that pathetic facade of yours instead of being intimidated, lol. You're still appealing to masculinity in an attempt to conceal the abject humiliation you've just suffered. You just backed down to someone you claimed isn't good at citing evidence. Why not prove yourself ? Are you that scared of me ?

SunRazer
I'm not scared - least of all by someone who's just destroyed their own credibility.

I don't need to accept because you didn't accept my terms, and secondly, you already destroyed yourself here. I don't need to do anything. You've reduced yourself to someone screaming incoherently about masculinity and cowardice endlessly without meaning. I think you've just destroyed yourself harder than I ever could've.

quanchi112
I'm not scared - least of all by someone who's just destroyed their own credibility.

I don't need to accept because you didn't accept my terms, and secondly, you already destroyed yourself here. I don't need to do anything. You've reduced yourself to someone screaming incoherently about masculinity and cowardice endlessly without meaning. I think you've just destroyed yourself harder than I ever could've. You continue to back down which isn't very wise. Most here talk the talk but then end result walk it. I talk the talk and walk the walk. I knew you wouldn't accept because I've seen your kind before. All talk and no action.

SunRazer
The person who backed down was you, since I set out the terms for the debate and you instantly decided to reject them. I wonder why... smile

In any case, keep going on describing yourself. I'm out.

quanchi112
The person who backed down was you, since I set out the terms for the debate and you instantly decided to reject them. I wonder why... smile

In any case, keep going on describing yourself. I'm out. No what you did was said basically was that anyone with emotion shouldn't debate. You do not want any passion which is very odd. You have instead tried to save face for backing out of a judged debate. The judges would decide who'd win based off the merits of their case. I don't care what you think of me I do care about the merits of the case I'll make. You are out.

I win.

SunRazer
I win.

Any self respecting man when challenged answers the bell they don't walk away claiming they won.

laughing out loud

Deronn_solo
Nova fell into Quan's trap, lmao.

SunRazer
No, I sprung the trap. There's a difference. smile

Deronn_solo
If that's how you want to spin it.

Just remember: Quan is going to make your KMC life an absolute living hell now. laughing out loud

SunRazer
I've dealt with worse. And since I won't be responding to him again, he'll give up eventually.

Trocity
quan is weak, like all the fictional characters he supports. He's fun to stab now and then, but just remember, he's a retard. There's no need to reply to him and fill a whole page. He is, at the end of the day, a troll in virgin's clothing.

SunRazer
Originally posted by Trocity
quan is weak, like all the fictional characters he supports. He's fun to stab now and then, but just remember, he's a retard. There's no need to reply to him and fill a whole page. He is, at the end of the day, a troll in virgin's clothing.

I'm not responding to him again. I just decided to let him humiliate himself. If he spends the rest of his life leashed to me like a *****, then I'm fine with that as well.

The Ellimist
I'm not responding to him again. I just decided to let him humiliate himself. If he spends the rest of his life leashed to me like a *****, then I'm fine with that as well.

Do you think quanchi posts the way he does because he's trolling, or just...limited?

SunRazer
I hope it's the former, lol.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
If that's how you want to spin it.

Just remember: Quan is going to make your KMC life an absolute living hell now. laughing out loud
Quanchi wants to make the forum great again and SunRazer is a low energy guy. smile

Kurk
SunRazer is Jeb Bush smile

quanchi112
laughing out loud Just remember you did this to yourself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
quan is weak, like all the fictional characters he supports. He's fun to stab now and then, but just remember, he's a retard. There's no need to reply to him and fill a whole page. He is, at the end of the day, a troll in virgin's clothing. Ridiculous.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Do you think quanchi posts the way he does because he's trolling, or just...limited? Well I guess you'll find out if you actually carry the battlezone out. At this point color me worried given your promises in your Ant battlezone thus far.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Unbowed
Quanchi wants to make the forum great again and SunRazer is a low energy guy. smile Me in this thread.

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz4/niko2792/Sauron.gif

Sunrazer in this thread.

http://i.imgur.com/SM96caR.gif

DarthAnt66
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Maul,_Sith_Apprentice

It's Legends.

Zenwolf
Huh, interesting.

AncientPower
It isn't Legends, it's a companion book for the 3D re-release of The Phantom Menace, rendering it part of Canon media. It is no different than the Rey companion for Force Awakens.

DarthAnt66
Disney didn't buy Star Wars until ten months later though.

AncientPower
Which doesn't matter, all direct movie media is still canon, such as movie guides, which this is.

Zenwolf
Source for this? Cause I'm pretty sure everything prior to Disney buying SW is Legends aside from TCW.

AncientPower
No, it is supplementary material under the TPM 3D re-release, which makes it canon. Even Del-Rey novelisations are Canon when they directly reflect the films. Companions such as this, are supplementary to the movie itself. Pablo, who I am sure you are sourcing clarification from, was simply making a broad generalisation in reply to questions about Legends material.

Zenwolf
Ok but where's your source for this?

AncientPower
Because it is a DK Publishing book, which have always been the publisher of G-canon source material for the movies. Movies are canon, the novelisations are psuedo-canon (where they aren't contradictory), the movie guides for them are considered as part of movie media.

I'd go on the circus of tweets that have been made about it, but I've never seen a quote stating movie media is Legends either.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by AncientPower
Which doesn't matter, all direct movie media is still canon, such as movie guides, which this is.

Regardless of whether or not it carries over to canon, it still qualifies as a Legends source; it's pre-2013.

AncientPower
If it is in reference to strictly Canon characters then the quote doesn't apply to Legends characters at all. Not that a Level 4 Children's book should be relevant anyway.

Emperordmb
If it is in reference to strictly Canon characters then the quote doesn't apply to Legends characters at all.
So the movies and TCW... don't count in Legends? That doesn't make sense.

Not that a Level 4 Children's book should be relevant anyway.
Ant always searches through the most kiddish sources to find quotes, like this, hasbro, and the descriptions on collectibles and action figures.

Zenwolf
Well I don't count TCW as Legends(aside from a few small things) because of strange inconsistencies with other stuff and the fact I can't really see it as both Canon and Legends. I mean I get there's inconsistency across the board with SWU, but still.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.