Great to bad actors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack M
Which actors did you love a while ago, but are just terrible now? I used to love everything Johnny Depp put out, now most of his movies aren't all that watchable.

John Murdoch
Jessica Alba: I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world and could act relatively well during the mid-2000s. A celebrity crush that faded out I guess.

On a related note, bonus round for directors: Robert Rodriguez. Sin City is one of my favorite films, and man, did Machete Kills suck. I have A Dame to Kill For on Blu-ray and still haven't watched it due to Machete Kills being that terrible.

Jmanghan
Adam Sandler, best example.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Jessica Alba: I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the world and could act relatively well during the mid-2000s. A celebrity crush that faded out I guess.

On a related note, bonus round for directors: Robert Rodriguez. Sin City is one of my favorite films, and man, did Machete Kills suck. I have A Dame to Kill For on Blu-ray and still haven't watched it due to Machete Kills being that terrible. A Dame to kill for is pretty good, but not nearly as good as Sin City.

John Murdoch
^I'll have to sit down and watch A Dame to Kill For one of these days then man.

The last two movies I saw of Rodriguez's were the Machetes. I thought to myself that if he was making movies on that quality level there was no way A Dame to Kill For could be any kind of decent.

Esau Cairn
De Niro's transition to comedy.

Nic Cage.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Zack M
Which actors did you love a while ago, but are just terrible now? I used to love everything Johnny Depp put out, now most of his movies aren't all that watchable.

We don't agree that often, but I am fully behind this. I am sick of Depp at this point, and I used to really enjoy his work, back in the day.

Impediment
Originally posted by Jmanghan
A Dame to kill for is pretty good, but not nearly as good as Sin City.

ADTKF was absolutely terrible.

Sin City is the greatest comic book movie ever made, IMO.

jinXed by JaNx
Bruce Willis
Eddie Murphy
Liam Neeson

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Impediment
ADTKF was absolutely terrible.

Sin City is the greatest comic book movie ever made, IMO.

Gonna just have to sit down and watch to determine whether it's trash or decent then.

Sin City is right there in my top 5, if not 3. In no particular order:

The Dark Knight
Watchmen
V for Vendetta
Sin City
Road to Perdition or The Crow for numero 5, but Old Boy and Ghost in the Shell original anime movie are right there if they count.

Sorry for getting off track.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, I love Sin City, but A Dame To Kill For sucked.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Bruce Willis
Eddie Murphy
Liam Neeson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.