Easiest Evil Plans to Defeat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Murdoch
Barring any parodies/spoofs, what villains' nefarious plans would be or should have been the easiest to foil? Or what could the heroes have done differently that would have increased their chances of success much, much more?

I'll give an easy one: Pops sending Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner TO THE FUTURE in Terminator: Genisys instead of taking advantage of 20-30 year head start on Skynet.

Ascendancy
LOTR, keeping Sauron from getting the ring back, as has been pointed out by many a website and meme.

Esau Cairn
TDKR

Bane & the ridiculously long countdown on the nuclear bomb.

Surtur
Originally posted by Ascendancy
LOTR, keeping Sauron from getting the ring back, as has been pointed out by many a website and meme.

How would you specifically have easily defeated Sauron?

dynamix
lex luther in bvs. utter some chick's name lol

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Surtur
How would you specifically have easily defeated Sauron?
Take the ring, hop on the eagles, airmail into the lava. Movie over in 15 mins. Simplifying a bit of course as I'm sure a few airborne baddies would have shown up, but it is the logical solution.

If you care to search there are blogs and such dedicated to it.

-Pr-
Take the ring, hop on the eagles, airmail into the lava. Movie over in 15 mins. Simplifying a bit of course as I'm sure a few airborne baddies would have shown up, but it is the logical solution.

Plenty of holes in that theory, tbh. The biggest one being the eagles, for example.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
TDKR

Bane & the ridiculously long countdown on the nuclear bomb.

The government sent in that one special forces agent, and look what happened to him.

No, Bane/Talia had that shit on lock.

Dr Will Hatch
The burglars from Home Alone have to be the easy answer.

Surtur

That doesn't seem that logical to me. If you're in the air you're very exposed.

Sauron and Saruman also had animals spies, like other birds. These eagles would get near Mt. Doom only to find 100,000 orcs all armed with bows waiting for them.

Also what makes you think the eagles wouldn't be corrupted by being close to the ring?

Plus keep in mind these things are intelligent. It's very possible they were hesitant to get involved in the war. Saving Gandalf is one thing(I think they owed him a favor?) but openly moving against Sauron is another.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
The government sent in that one special forces agent, and look what happened to him.

No, Bane/Talia had that shit on lock.

Point is, everyone outside of Gotham feared the bomb.

Everyone imprisoned inside kinda forgot all about it.

Hell Bats had time to chat up Catwoman & install a flaming bat signal before dealing with the bomb.

Esau Cairn

Compared to a Hobbit travelling on short legs?

Surtur
Compared to a Hobbit travelling on short legs?

With lots of places to hide, yes. Being small is an advantage if you're on the ground. In the air there isn't anywhere to hide.

Also if the ring somehow began to corrupt the eagles then it would pretty much be game over.

Flyattractor
The Walking Dead Zombie Apoc would probably be rather easy to stop in reality. Especially if it happens the way it did on the show.

Dr Will Hatch
Point is, everyone outside of Gotham feared the bomb.

Everyone imprisoned inside kinda forgot all about it.

Hell Bats had time to chat up Catwoman & install a flaming bat signal before dealing with the bomb.

It would have made SO much more sense had it been Blake who made that gasoline batsignal.

Ridley_Prime
Nah. He made Batman look like a side character in that film enough as it was.

Was there even an easier evil plan to thwart for 2016 than "Saaaaave Marthaaaaa!" ?

Esau Cairn
With lots of places to hide, yes. Being small is an advantage if you're on the ground. In the air there isn't anywhere to hide.

Also if the ring somehow began to corrupt the eagles then it would pretty much be game over.

I'd agree with being small & fast but Hobbits aren't exactly renowned for their speed.

Personally I'd settle travelling by air surrounded by a squadron of giant sized eagles any day.

The ring never corrupted Gandalf's horse (to try & kill him) so I don't think it's a worrying factor with the eagles.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by dynamix
lex luther in bvs. utter some chick's name lol

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Nah. He made Batman look like a side character in that film enough as it was.

Was there even an easier evil plan to thwart for 2016 than "Saaaaave Marthaaaaa!" ?

Ya, if Superman talks a little bit longer to Batman to explain himself, Eisenlex's plan fails. That might be worst plan of the year cinematically.

John Murdoch
And Zod in MoS is kinda dumb right? He and his crew could be supermen ruling the world, but want to terraform it and lose their powers instead?

EDIT: Not an easy plan to defeat, just sticking to the DCEU villains for a moment.

Surtur
Plus why didn't Zod just..terraform Mars? Or another planet?

Dr Will Hatch
To be fair, I think that the World Engine could only work on already habitable worlds or worlds that were similar to Krypton. Mars is a dead world.

Plus Zod was an ******* that wanted to punish Clark for the sins of his father.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
To be fair, I think that the World Engine could only work on already habitable worlds or worlds that were similar to Krypton. Mars is a dead world.

Plus Zod was an ******* that wanted to punish Clark for the sins of his father.

Good points.

Speaking of Superman, shouldn't have Routhman in Superman Returns been able to find out that Lex was up to his real estate fused with kryptonite scheme rather easily? Super hearing that allowed him to discern events going on around the world in the uppermost atmosphere, knowing that Lex escaped jail time, the blackout due to crystals, etc.? Plus, didn't he return to the Fortress of Solitude and find that all the crystals were missing? Visit Lex early, throw him into captivity, game over.

Ascendancy

Sauron and Saruman also had animals spies, like other birds. These eagles would get near Mt. Doom only to find 100,000 orcs all armed with bows waiting for them.

Also what makes you think the eagles wouldn't be corrupted by being close to the ring?

Plus keep in mind these things are intelligent. It's very possible they were hesitant to get involved in the war. Saving Gandalf is one thing(I think they owed him a favor?) but openly moving against Sauron is another.
Yes, I know there was reluctance for them to get into the fight.

As for the orcs waiting with bows on Mt. Doom, they would have been flying in from altitude. Yes, Sauron had other birds, but flights of crows wouldn't be able to stand against the eagles. The only hope would have been his Nazgul, whom the eagles also thoroughly tore apart when they got their talons on them.

I'll look around, but I don't recall the arguments for it not working being very solid, it seemed to be more who could whip the plot hardest one way or another. Considering that Sauron couldn't detect the ring's location with any certainty as long as it wasn't being used, the eagles still would have been a quick, viable plan.

Also, the magic in LOTRs was poo, just as an aside with no bearing on this discussion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.