Black Panther vs. Doc Octopus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vanguard
https://s14.postimg.org/kskjdafz1/Doc_oc.jpg

vs.

https://s15.postimg.org/68m8qettj/2qc2khy.jpg

They start fifteen feet apart. Most current versions of each.

Sin I AM
Oc. Cant see how panther could close the gap

Vanguard
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Oc. Cant see how panther could close the gap

Panthers fast. Spider-Man has complimented him on his speed. And Panther has stated he's possibly faster than Spider-Man.

https://s11.postimg.org/quik9u183/3398337_guard_2.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

StiltmanFTW
Anti-metal claws are T'Challa's biggest advantage here.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Vanguard
Panthers fast. Spider-Man has complimented him on his speed. And Panther has stated he's possibly faster than Spider-Man.

https://s11.postimg.org/quik9u183/3398337_guard_2.jpgimage hosting 10mb limit

I take that scene with a grain of salt. He's not outpacing parker on average. Anywho the issue is getting past those tentacles and anti metal claws arent exactly standard equip

Vanguard
Anywho the issue is getting past those tentacles and anti metal claws arent exactly standard equip

True. But the energy daggers are. I think making use of those gives him the advantage he needs. A ranged weapon and a close quarters weapon that cuts through just about anything

Vanguard
more

cdtm
I could buy Panther being up to par with Matt, maybe. Not on Spidey (And ftr, Beast thought he was faster than Spidey, too. He gets underestimated a lot.)

Oct probably should win on average, barring a lucky dagger shot (Those tentacles can deflect them, though.)

StiltmanFTW
and anti metal claws arent exactly standard equip

They are.

In comics and other media, such as video games.

We know for sure that current 616 T'Challa uses them, as he chopped Deadpool's sword to pieces.

Vanguard
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They are.

We know for sure that current 616 T'Challa uses them, as he chopped Deadpool's sword to pieces.

Yea I forgot about that. And I was the one that posted scans of the fight. sad

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They are.

What other media? In taking about anti metal claws not energy daggers (which I've only seen in EMH). I seen that deadpool fight. But iirc it wasnt stated those claws were antimetal? Was there some narration i missed.

Vanguard
Was there some narration i missed.

No.

I would say we're mainly going by the theory that since he shattered them with his claws that they were indeed anti-metal. And since those are the only claws he uses....there ya go....

He used the energy daggers in Ultimates Squared...which I personally think are just as deadly as the anti-metal claws.

Zack M
Doc.

Vanguard
mad

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Vanguard
No.

I would say we're mainly going by the theory that since he shattered them with his claws that they were indeed anti-metal. And since those are the only claws he uses....there ya go....

He used the energy daggers in Ultimates Squared...which I personally think are just as deadly as the anti-metal claws.

Is that so. Got 2 questions then. Doesnt antimetal liquefy metals, not break them? And 2 if his claws are infact antimetal then wouldn't the affect his vibranium suit? Since u know it's vibranium..

Mindship
IMO, Spider-Man is probably Marvel's top jobber (or is that Galactus?)

I see Panther having a problem with Dock.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, Spider-Man is probably Marvel's top jobber (or is that Galactus?)

I see Panther having a problem with Dock.

This guy gets it

Vanguard
Is that so. Got 2 questions then. Doesnt antimetal liquefy metals, not break them? And 2 if his claws are infact antimetal then wouldn't the affect his vibranium suit? Since u know it's vibranium..

The antimetal usually just breaks the other metal. I've never seen it liquify.

As for the metal affecting the suit, that shouldn't happen. The suit is very advanced. It's actually activated by Panther's thoughts. He gives a mental command for the suit to cover him and it does. So there's probably a sophisticated way to house the claws so that it doesn't affect the suit.

bluewaterrider

Anti-metal in the Marvel Universe is actually a TYPE of vibranium.
Enter "vibranium" as a Wikipedia search term.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.