Most Powerful Hobbit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
In all of Tolkien's universe. The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, the Silmarillion, everything.

Jmanghan
Bandobras Took?... Maybe?...

Although Samwise might also be an awesome choice, as he did what he did while he was starving, with sleep depravation.

StiltmanFTW
Powerful Hobbit, lol.

Oxymoron big grin

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Powerful Hobbit, lol.

Oxymoron big grin Haha? :/

Samwise cut through a bunch of Orcs and then killed a Giant Spider in single combat.

Bandobras Took beat a band of goblins and then killed their leader.

Hobbits aren't weak by any means.

Surtur
Yeah that whole thing came out of nowhere with Sam being so bad ass. Orcs were supposed to be evil elves that were twisted by the "dark powers".

So here is the elf Legolas doing flips and stuff all over the place, but the Orcs lose to hobbits. So in making the orcs evil did they also drain them of all their elf usefulness?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah that whole thing came out of nowhere with Sam being so bad ass. Orcs were supposed to be evil elves that were twisted by the "dark powers".

So here is the elf Legolas doing flips and stuff all over the place, but the Orcs lose to hobbits. So in making the orcs evil did they also drain them of all their elf usefulness? That or Sam is just THAT good.

As he becomes fairly consistent later on.

Bandobras Took was taking on Orcs and Goblins in single combat though, so he might win.

Though Sam's victory over Shelob can't be ignored.

I think Sam might have given Thorin a good fight if they fought though.

Trocity
Thorin would trash Samwise.

Surtur
Originally posted by Jmanghan
That or Sam is just THAT good.

As he becomes fairly consistent later on.

Bandobras Took was taking on Orcs and Goblins in single combat though, so he might win.

Though Sam's victory over Shelob can't be ignored.

I think Sam might have given Thorin a good fight if they fought though.

So Sam was just a gardener so if any of these hobbits got actual combat training they'd be like an army of tiny little demons.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Trocity
Thorin would trash Samwise. What has Thorin done that was comparable to Samwise? Besides get destroyed by Azog twice. Also not even bringing up the ridiculously harsh conditions he did that in.

Taking down a bunch of Orcs by yourself while starved and deprived of sleep is more impressive then Thorin getting raped by Azog more then once.

Then fighting and winning against Shelob in single combat.

Hell, screw giving a "good fight". Samwise would beat Thorin's ass.

StiltmanFTW
Haha? :/

Samwise cut through a bunch of Orcs and then killed a Giant Spider in single combat.

Bandobras Took beat a band of goblins and then killed their leader.

Hobbits aren't weak by any means.

Hobbits' main attribute... luck.

Not equal to powerful.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hobbits' main attribute... luck.

Not equal to powerful. It wasn't Luck, he beat those Orcs in combat as can plainly be seen.

Jmanghan
Btw, Shelob is the daughter of Ungoliant, the single most powerful creature in all of Arda besides Eru Illavatar.

She scared Morgoth and also defeated him in combat.

Jmanghan
Actually, I stand corrected, it wasn't a bunch, it was 4 of them, by himself.

He defeated them all effortlessly, and then killed their leader. That was done by skill and not luck.

Earlier, we say Sam dodge and weave in direct confrontation with Shelob, breaking one of her legs with a sword strike, stabbing her in the face, and also in the stomach.

I think its safe to say that Samwise the Brave is a nickname that is well-earned.

Trocity
Oh, you're mixing book lore with movie lore.

I care not for the debate then.

Jmanghan

I care not for the debate then. And why shouldn't I?

Since Shelob is in the movie, her origins written in the books don't count?

Thats stupid, because her confrontation with Sam happens exactly the same in both mediums, if not, very similarly.

Jmanghan

I care not for the debate then. Taking the movie without considering the massive influence it had on the films is stupid.

Its pretending that characters that aren't mentioned in the movie, literally don't exist in the movie.

Why should we believe that? Because you say so?

This isn't star wars, where there is Legends and Canon, everything ties in together.

ares834
Btw, Shelob is the daughter of Ungoliant, the single most powerful creature in all of Arda besides Eru Illavatar.

erm

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
erm Apparently you never read the books.

I don't mean to say that Ungoliant shares parity with Eru, that would be stupid.

Ungoliant, is, however, the single strongest creature in Tolkien's lore besides Eru, because of the fact that she defeated Morgoth.

I think it goes something like this:

Ungoliant > Tulkas = Eonwe > Morgoth/Melkor >> Sauron.

ares834
Ironic and downright idiotic.

Ungoliant defeated a vastly weakened Melkor and only after she had grown fat on the light of the two tress.

Heck the SIlmarillion straight up says this: "But Ungoliant had grown great, and he less by the power that had gone out of him".

Learn the lore before you attempt to educate others.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by ares834
Ironic and downright idiotic.

Ungoliant defeated a vastly weakened Melkor and only after she had grown fat on the light of the two tress.

Heck the SIlmarillion straight up says this: "But Ungoliant had grown great, and he less by the power that had gone out of him".

Learn the lore before you attempt to educate others. But she also restrained Tulkas, who had already defeated Morgoth.

ares834
Her webs did. Whether she would have time to spin up web powerful enough to restrain him in a 1v1 is unknown. Regardless, Melkor was also weakened when Tulkas beat him as well.

Ultimately, Melkor is repeatedly stated to be the most powerful being created by Eru. At the height of his powers he is well beyond Ungoliant.

Jmanghan
When is he outright stated to be the most powerful?

Because Eonwe is stated to be the greatest in a duel in all of Arda, while Tulkas is stated to be the greatest in H2H.

So Eonwe would beat Morgoth if he had weapons, and Tulkas would beat him without any.

ares834

NemeBro
Melkor is the most powerful being in the setting under Eru Illuvitar in the sense that he was the one who could assert his will over the world beyond all other Ainur. His reality warping singing powers were unrivaled.

But Tulkas still easily beat the shit out of him in a fist fight because Melkor is a huge pussy, and Tulkas is the best man-fighter in existence.

ares834
Mayhaps.

surajvines
I love every character of the Movie

Prof. T.C McAbe
Depends what you mean with powerful. Most powerful when it comes to willpower would be Bilbo, after having the Ring for 60 years and still left it for Gandalf... that is insane if you think about Gollum before Bilbo or Frodo at the End of LotR.

Physically it will be Merry and Pippin, the ent draught made them bigger and stronger.

Jmanghan
I think it's Samwise, the dude just kicks a lot of ass, kills Orcs left and right like they are fodder, fought Shelob and won, he's definitely the most skilled hobbit, at least.

BazookaMaster
Most powerful hobbit is like most powerful pacifist army. xD

Jmanghan
Originally posted by BazookaMaster
Most powerful hobbit is like most powerful pacifist army. xD The Hobbits aren't pacifists.

Jmanghan
Apparently you never read the books.

I don't mean to say that Ungoliant shares parity with Eru, that would be stupid.

Ungoliant, is, however, the single strongest creature in Tolkien's lore besides Eru, because of the fact that she defeated Morgoth.

I think it goes something like this:

Ungoliant > Tulkas = Eonwe > Morgoth/Melkor >> Sauron.

Bro shut the **** up.

Edit: LMFAO I didn't even realize that was my post.

Wonder Man
I only read the Hobbit. I saw the 6 movies. I think they heal the land so whoever is a healer would be most powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.