The Death of Valkorion (Video)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdkDFIMofwk

Ursumeles
R.I.P Star Wars

darthbane77
So do we know for sure if that weird "turning into Marr, Satele and Revan" thing is what actually is gonna happen?

DarthAnt66
They changed it so you don't physically turn into Revan, but you get his two lightsabers and powers, meaning he's fighting with and through you. thumb up

ChaosTheory123
So

Possession

And... how the **** do you get their physical possessions?

DarthAnt66
You are fighting within your mind, so reality is not the same as in real life.

ChaosTheory123
Ah

That's better then

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
So

Possession
And... how the **** do you get their physical possessions?
Eh, I see it a lot more like what Luke did with Jaina when she fought Caedus.

ChaosTheory123
Either way their powers are combined *shrugs*

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So it takes the combined powers of Revan/Arcann/Vaylin/Outlander to defeat Valkorion? smile

darthbane77
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
They changed it so you don't physically turn into Revan, but you get his two lightsabers and powers, meaning he's fighting with and through you. thumb up I think I like that concept better to be honest. It still gives Revan his due without being too cheap about it.

Kurk
This is star wars?

Nephthys
No, this is Sparta.

Jmanghan
They changed it so you don't physically turn into Revan, but you get his two lightsabers and powers, meaning he's fighting with and through you. thumb up Dude... That is ****ing awesome.

DarthAnt66
Also, when you get these new abilities and weapons, your screen flashes white.

NewGuy01
Revan doesn't help the LS Protags any more than Satele helps the DS Protags. That is to say, not at all. The Outlander is just visualizing himself as Revan and using his dark side powers, which strikes me as particularly weird rather than particularly cool. It does support my SOR Revan = Dark Side narrative, though, so I'm not really complaining.

Still, Valkorion was killed by the Eternal family and the Outlander. Revan got ditched in SOR. It's time to cope.

DarthAnt66
thumb down

carthage
Originally posted by Nephthys
No, this is Sparta.

God you're so funny and what an original line!

Jmanghan
I misinterpreted everything said in this thread as Revan having a hand in the final battle against Valkorion.

I don't care about Arcann, Vaylin, Senya, or The Outlander and their exploits.

DarthAnt66
He did. NewGuy is wrong.

The Outlander can't magically imagine powers for himself. Combat within the dream realm is a reflection of physical reality. The instance of his will changing reality was when willpower was actually in question. The Outlander could decide Valkorion was chained to the phrase since Valkorion's full consciousness was within the Outlander.

Revan and Satele Shan used the Force, presumably via meditation, to passively aid the Outlander in their fight, granting him additional weapons and abilities. They were not fully present, but they were working through and with the Outlander.

DarthAnt66
Not until the Outlander forces Valkorion to kneel does he recognize that he can dictate the rules in his own mind. Before that, he adheres to the rules of reality, as blatantly shown by the fact Valkorion was surprised the Outlander was willing his way to victory after they fought.

Thus, it makes absolutely no sense the Outlander would will Revan's abilities and sabers into play. That would be inconsistent with the cutscenes and would, as Sas put it, be outright weird. If it were the case, the Outlander should have visualized all possible abilities, an army of allies, and omnipotent powers. The alternative option, in which Revan and Shan actually aided, is not only far more likely, but also a fitting end to their characters, so I don't see why Sas is actively opposing it. Note that the Outlander himself stated Revan may be aiding the Alliance passively in KOTFE.

NewGuy01
I'm opposing it because it's clearly not true, wet dreams aside. Revan didn't make an appearance, neither did Satele and Marr.

MythLord
Thank God he's finally dead, and this can be placed to peace. However... I am kinda sad this is the last drop of the EU we got. It's officially only Canon now...

Nephthys
Not until the Outlander forces Valkorion to kneel

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i182/Flypaperz/Gifs/23lntav.gif

Ursumeles
Wait...so to fight against the possession through Valkorion, the Outlander let's himself getting possessed by Satele/Revan? LOL.
Originally posted by MythLord
Thank God he's finally dead, and this can be placed to peace. However... I am kinda sad this is the last drop of the EU we got. It's officially only Canon now...
thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I'm opposing it because it's clearly not true, wet dreams aside. Revan didn't make an appearance, neither did Satele and Marr.
thumb down

SunRazer
Better than I expected from that other thread. But that isn't saying much.

Jmanghan
He did. NewGuy is wrong.

The Outlander can't magically imagine powers for himself. Combat within the dream realm is a reflection of physical reality. The instance of his will changing reality was when willpower was actually in question. The Outlander could decide Valkorion was chained to the phrase since Valkorion's full consciousness was within the Outlander.

Revan and Satele Shan used the Force, presumably via meditation, to passively aid the Outlander in their fight, granting him additional weapons and abilities. They were not fully present, but they were working through and with the Outlander. Sorry mate, imo, unless Revan shows up and says "Hey, take this", I'm not sure it counts.

As awesome as that would be.

DarthAnt66
What, do you think the Outlander magically got Revan's power and weapons?

erm

Nephthys
What, inside their magical dreamland where their will makes the rules?

No.... that would just be dumb. erm

DarthAnt66
That was only realized after the fight.

Zenwolf
He did. NewGuy is wrong.

The Outlander can't magically imagine powers for himself.

You sure? Cause with the writing, that could be plausible.

DarthAnt66
The cutscenes make evident that the Outlander shaping reality only began following the fight. Valkorion didn't recognize that it was possible until the Outlander clarified "my mind, my rules." If he would have used that prior, it would have already been established. Plus, he wouldn't have just gotten Revan's powers if he could magically will things. Why wouldn't he will an army of a Jedi, every known power, etc? It just doesn't make sense and is inconsistent with the cutscenes.

S_W_LeGenD
I do not understand. How was the chant "kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul" effective?

NewGuy01
Because the Outlander decided it would be.

Emperordmb
so the Outlander... decided to win?

The_Tempest
lmao 👍

Petrus
Retarded writing FTW.

Ursumeles
No.
Only Anakin can do that 😑

MythLord
Outlander > the fvcking Force. I honestly wouldn't be surprised the new Expansion of SWTOR: Knights of the New Empire! has it being revealed the Outlander is the actual Chosen One, and then he'll die and his ghost will rape Shmi three thousand years later so he can kill Valkorion's(nope, still not dead) new host body: Palpatine!

ILS
Outlander > the fvcking Force. I honestly wouldn't be surprised the new Expansion of SWTOR: Knights of the New Empire! has it being revealed the Outlander is the actual Tholme, and then he'll kill Valkorion's(nope, still not dead) new host body: Quinlan Vos! fixed

DarthAnt66
https://i.sli.mg/0FffVl.jpg

NewGuy01
That's not Revan's lightsaber. Reported for fraud.

darthbane77
https://i.sli.mg/0FffVl.jpg This shit is ****ing beautiful.

S_W_LeGenD
blink

The Outlander can do that? Damn. He is all-powerful now.

Ursumeles
It was in his own mind, and he creates the rules there(LMFAO) erm

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Ursumeles
It was in his own mind, and he creates the rules there(LMFAO) erm
STFU Infidel.

Repent and seek his forgiveness.

Ursumeles
Anakin Skywalker is da tru god.

MythLord
Anakin is the Outlander's avatar, or b!tch sent to finish the job he started 'cause he's too busy fighting Galactus or something.

S_W_LeGenD
Anakin is the Outlander's avatar, or b!tch sent to finish the job he started 'cause he's too busy fighting Galactus or something.
thumb up

Azronger
I agree with Nova on that it was better than I thought, but not that great. And I agree with Wollf that I am glad he's gone for good. I don't think this is the end of the EU, though. TOR will continue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.