Captain America vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Captain America no body armor no shield vs Wolverine no claws no adamantium bones. Just a fight, a brawl, fisticuffs, hand to hand fight, knock down drag out.

cdtm
Cap wins, with ease.

golem370
Why do you think so?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by cdtm
Cap wins, with ease.

Ha, no.

Even when his heart wasn't in it, he still gave Cap a fight.

Skills are a wash, so it's basically SSS vs. HF... and HF takes it.

cdtm
No claws.

He gave Cap a fight by mutilating his legs. Taking away his knives is like taking away Himura Kenshin's sword against Saito.

Yeah, he's not helpless, but he'll be seriously gimped.

StiltmanFTW
Without his claws, he's beaten Shang-Chi, Daredevil and Iron Fist... stick out tongue

deathslash
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Without his claws, he's beaten Shang-Chi, Daredevil and Iron Fist... stick out tongue wasn't that first one back when he didn't have the adamantine skeleton and therefore wasn't weighed down as much? Daredevil has also worked Logan over on occasion. That was a sparring match though.

StiltmanFTW
He doesn't have the adamantium skeleton in this thread, so it's a perfect example.

cdtm
Yep. No adamantium in this thread, so 105 lbs less. And a better healing factor.

staxamillion
snikts got em

staxamillion
wolvie can still berserk without claws

DarkSaint85
Cap has pretty high damage soak too though..
As seen wtih Gambit.

StiltmanFTW
Cap couldn't take a punch from Flashenom in his base agent form.

BC Wolvie fought the Hulk.

abhilegend
Cap.

Flyattractor
Has Cap ever worn Body Armor?

StiltmanFTW
Chainmail. Resisted Ulik's teeth.

Flyattractor
I didn't know they were that intimate with each other.

golem370
Kevlar, Nomex, light weight titanium

Zack M
Wolverine is a female teen. Cap destroys.

StyleTime
Cap loses basically every time. No equipment hurts him way more than Wolverine.

Two expert martial artists fight hand-to-hand, but one has a healing factor. Do the math.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StyleTime
Cap loses basically every time. No equipment hurts Cap way more than Wolverine.

Two expert martial artists fight hand-to-hand, but one has a healing factor. Do the math.

That's what I was saying, yup thumb up

cdtm
Cap loses basically every time. Two expert martial artists fight. One has a healing factor. Do the math.

Logan's HF has it's limits, though. And Cap hits harder, and "should" hit more often.

He's considered the pinnacle of h2h combat, after all, above even the likes of Shang Chi and Iron Fist (I don't buy that, but it's how he's portrayed.)

Cap in pure h2h against anyone at the street/meta level usually = auto win for Cap.

StiltmanFTW
its*

Cap hits harder? Prove it.

Pinnacle of h2h combat that has been bested before (by Moondragon, for example) and downgraded to 6/7 in handbooks? shifty

Wolverine was shown to be above Chi and Fist, too.

Auto win against a guy who heals from Hulk-lv punches even when missing his adamantium? Cap's missing his armor&shield here, while Logan retains the hf and super durable skeleton.

Zack M
When has Wolverine defeated IF?

StiltmanFTW
In their sparring in New Avengers.

You don't want to count that, then we cannnot count Steve/Chi sparring either, then. And that one made both of them look like equals, actually, instead of what cdtm is suggesting.

golem370
No adamantium at all including skeleton. Wolverine was suppose to have Spider-Man level agility I read but also created to fight Hulk? Cap has a healing factor just not Wolverine level hf. Wolverine also has 100+ years of combat experience.

StiltmanFTW
Cap's "hf" is not even near as battlefield-efficient as Wolverine's. He needs time to recover, time and rest. Like the Punisher or Spider-Man or even Cage.

Wolverine's skeleton is super-durable even w/o adamantium.

Yeah, his agility was great enough for him to imitate Beast...

abhilegend
Still Cap.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/custom_avatars/avatar133437_37.gif

abhilegend
Final Justice son.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by abhilegend
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/3/7/customsig_133437_mm.gif

Zack M
In their sparring in New Avengers.

You don't want to count that, then we cannnot count Steve/Chi sparring either, then. And that one made both of them look like equals, actually, instead of what cdtm is suggesting.

Sparring matches don't count.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack M
Sparring matches don't count.

Cool. Then like I said, we can't really say Cap is superior to Chi since he never actually fought him.

You're lost here.

So, Logan has 1 victory over Shang. Cap has 0. Logan has 1 stalemate vs Fist and so does Cap (although IF wasn't at his best when he dueled Cap).

cdtm
its*

Cap hits harder? Prove it.

Spidey called Cap's punch like an atom bomb when he caught one. High praise, considering Spidey's rogues of double digit multi tonners and up.

US Agent is, what, a 15 tonner himself? And still got taken by 1 tonner Cap.

Cap's punches have been enough to take Rhino, Mr. Hyde, Wrecking Crew. On average, he's always slugged above the street tier, being a "peak of human perfection" super soldier and all. Hell, even the rigged by fan vote Marvel vs DC made it crystal clear Batman's blows were like little jabs compared to Cap's haymakers..

Zack M
Cool. Then like I said, we can't really say Cap is superior to Chi since he never actually fought him.

You're lost here.

So, Logan has 1 victory over Shang. Cap has 0. Logan has 1 stalemate vs Fist and so does Cap (although IF wasn't at his best when he dueled Cap).

Well, they did spar (Secret Avengers) and didn't Cap look superior? stick out tongue

I know, I know.

StiltmanFTW
Spidey called Cap's punch like an atom bomb when he caught one. High praise, considering Spidey's rogues of double digit multi tonners and up.

US Agent is, what, a 15 tonner himself? And still got taken by 1 tonner Cap.

Cap's punches have been enough to take Rhino and Mr. Hyde. On average, he's always slugged above the street tier, being a "peak of human perfection" super soldier and all. Hell, even the rigged by fan vote Marvel vs DC made it crystal clear Batman's blows were like little jabs compared to Cap's haymakers..

And Wolverine's pimp slap sent Spidey flying and hitting a wall stick out tongue

Agent is Class 10. Always has been.

Logan's punches have taken out Roughouse a few times.

Really (cap/bat)? Because it seemed like they were equals, if anything.

StiltmanFTW
Well, they did spar (Secret Avengers) and didn't Cap look superior? stick out tongue

I know, I know.

No, he didn't.

We have Shang-Chi knocking him on his ass and letting him get up. And then Cap doing the same thing. 1:1.

Zack M
No, he didn't.

We have Shang-Chi knocking him on his ass and letting him get up. And then Cap doing the same thing. 1:1.

Shang was the one on his butt.

Zack M
My bad, I saw what you meant. Yeah, 1:1

StiltmanFTW
Shang was the one on his butt.

In round 2.

In round 1, Cap was on his butt. You'd know that if you read Marvel.

StiltmanFTW
My bad, I saw what you meant. Yeah, 1:1

thumb up

Zack M
In round 2.

In round 1, Cap was on his butt. You'd know that if you read Marvel.

Just posted before you. stick out tongue

Anyway, I guess that makes Bronze Tiger's feat pretty impressive, since he got Batman in a lock.

StyleTime
Cap in pure h2h against anyone at the street/meta level usually = auto win for Cap.
A strong healing factor is the auto-win in street h2h tbh. It's the whole "we're trading blows but I can heal from missile strikes" factor. It makes the skill argument moot. Even if Wolverine was a notch below, his opponent would have to land 10 punches for every one he lands. It's just not happening with same tier stats.

cdtm
A strong healing factor is the auto-win in street h2h tbh. It's the whole "we're trading blows but I can heal from missile strikes" factor. It makes the skill argument moot. Even if Wolverine was a notch below, his opponent would have to land 10 punches for every one he lands. It's just not happening.

Well, like certain Wolverine fans claimed (Maybe Galan? I forget..) it's all about overloading the hf with mounting damage.

Otherwise, Logan could never be beaten in h2h. Obviously, he has, so it must be equally possible for him to take a Hulk shot but still lose to Mr. X (And his very base level gang.)

And Captain America is known for his relentlessness.

StyleTime
Mr. X, due to hax, can actually land all of his hits without Wolverine hitting him back.

Steve can't.

Mr. X also had a small army dealing damage to Wolverine in multiple skirmishes throughout the day.

StiltmanFTW
Well, like certain Wolverine fans claimed (Maybe Galan? I forget..) it's all about overloading the hf with mounting damage.

Galan hated Wolverine from the start. How is he a Wolverine fan, cd? Stop doing this shit. We're all veterans here, making up stuff will NOT work.

StiltmanFTW
Otherwise, Logan could never be beaten in h2h. Obviously, he has, so it must be equally possible for him to take a Hulk shot but still lose to Mr. X (And his very base level gang.)

Mr X? Like that time when Logan fought his army, after 25 beers and countless smokes? wink

Imagine me or you on the weekend, trying to fight a group of some stereotype geek guys. Wolverine did the equivalent in dozens, ending up with a master martial artist w/ tp as the boss.

StiltmanFTW
But yes, the cumulative damage is the one way to take him out... too bad, Cap can't quite replicate the Mister X scenario.

And if you want to be nitpicking so hard, let's nitpick the shit out of your Rhino (plot device) or Hyde (weakened) examples, too.

cdtm
But yes, the cumulative damage is the one way to take him out... too bad, Cap can't quite replicate the Mister X scenario.

And if you want to be nitpicking so hard, let's nitpick the shit out of your Rhino (plot device) or Hyde (weakened) examples, too.

IMO Shang should beat Cap, so not going down that road. You know how Cap is like Marvel's walking Bat kick. wink

The crew was weakened?

StiltmanFTW
IMO Shang should beat Cap, so not going down that road.

Okay.

You know how Cap is like Marvel's walking Bat kick. wink

Cap's kick is good, but Wolverkick is not too bad, either. Having worked on Steve three times, at least.

The crew was weakened?

IF was weakened when he faced Cap. Tired and coud barely muster 1 if hit.

As for Crew, we can start with the power-sharing shit, meaning Wrecker lending his power to others, but that's another story. And inconsistent one.

Genii96
Hasn't wolvie beaten cap before?

cdtm
Originally posted by Genii96
Hasn't wolvie beaten cap before?

They both have wins over each other.

Logan's most solid win is probably when Cap tried using the Muramasa sword on him, which nullifies his healing factor. Cap squeezed his wrists just as he was popping his claws, keeping him from using them.

But not before Logan somehow mutilated his legs without Cap noticing. Made him form a blood clot and faint, a good strategy (Never would have worked with Iron Fist though, since he can chi heal. wink )

Genii96
Well two highly skilled fighters
One is physically superior and can heal rapidly

No contest really

StiltmanFTW
They both have wins over each other.

Nope, Cap doesn't have a legit win.

cdtm
Nope, Cap doesn't have a legit win.

The Daniel Way beatdown wasn't legit? Only seen scans, I'll admit.

Well, if that's true it only makes Deadpools legit win over Logan even better. (Seriously, the time he pumped Logan up with enough poison to fell a dinosaur was totally legit.)

It's like he has a personal "anti-icon" field or something. smile

StiltmanFTW
The Daniel Way beatdown wasn't legit? Only seen scans, I'll admit.

Well, if that's true it only makes Deadpools legit win over Logan even better. (Seriously, the time he pumped Logan up with enough poison to fell a dinosaur was totally legit.)

It's like he has a personal "anti-icon" field or something. smile

Wasn't, because Wolverine admits himself his heart wasn't in it. Serving f*cking Zemo really wasn't his thing. That's exactly why he spared Bucky and didn't tell Zemo about him.

leonidas
seems in this scenario the HF would be tough to overcome. not sure cap is actually capable of burning it out in this type of fight..... hard not to see logan winning almost every time. /shrug

and galan is a classic logan hater. everyone knows that's why he switched to being a cosmic guy. thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by leonidas
seems in this scenario the HF would be tough to overcome. not sure cap is actually capable of burning it out in this type of fight..... hard not to see logan winning almost every time. /shrug

and galan is a classic logan hater. everyone knows that's why he switched to being a cosmic guy. thumb up

Huh, didn't know that about him.

Probably wasn't even him, though. The guy who mentioned "overload the hf" was usually arguing FOR the midget.

A lot of Wolverine fans have come and gone since..

leonidas
pfft, you kidding? mention logan around galan and he loses his sh!t. classic hater that guy. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
Cdtm doesn't really know us. False kmcer.

We must think of some good punishment for him. Sharing the same cell with brucie in Sin's dungeon, perhaps?

leonidas
his innocence is endearing.

staxamillion
my vote for snkits still stands but it would be a good fight. I could see cap snapping logans neck to incapacitate him. it will take a minute before he heals that back.

but lets not forget logan is a frigging ninja/samurai as well. I think that logan may simply just be a better martial artist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.