Lanterns vs Heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Laterns:
WL - Kyle
GL - Hal
YL - Sinestro
RL - Atrocitus

Note: Just Rings, no amps, entities, or life equations etc..

vs

Heralds:
Silver Surfer
Red Shift
Stardust
Morg The Executioner

Zack M
Probably the Lanterns. Red Shift is the weak link, IMO.

abhilegend
Lanterns easily.

hutchy1345
White lantern kyle is probably trans level easily so he almost solos
Adding in high herald level characters like hal and sinestro makes this a stomp

nwg202
lanterns

Rao Kal El
Lanterns

cdtm
Lanterns..

..get drained.

Kyle can win on paper, but in practice he gets punked all the time.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
Lanterns..

..get drained.

Kyle can win on paper, but in practice he gets punked all the time.
Even the creators of the green light are unable to drain the rings of power if the Lantern wills it.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/29826521/Justice_League_2016-_005-013.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/29826498/Justice_League_2016-_005-014.jpg.html

No Herald is adapt enough to drain emotional spectrum energy anyway.

DarkSaint85
Even if they can control willpower...Hal has something to say about that..

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/green-lantern-hal-jordan-vs-krona-3.png

And we all know how that fight against Krona went.

Galan007
Frankly, I think current Hal would have a decent shot at soloing. The dude appeared to become some sort of embodiment of willpower, beyond even the Guardians' comprehension, and was capable of stalemating/beating universal-ish beings(ie. an alternate Parallax and Sinestrollax.) At the very least I believe Hal alone could take a BIG chunk out of the Heralds.

*Unless you're considering his current levels 'amped'... In which case he doesn't solo, but he can certainly beat any one of the Heralds individually. /shrug

cdtm
Originally posted by Galan007
Frankly, I think current Hal would have a decent shot at soloing. The dude appeared to become some sort of embodiment of willpower, beyond even the Guardians' comprehension, and was capable of stalemating/beating universal-ish beings(ie. an alternate Parallax and Sinestrollax.) At the very least I believe Hal alone could take a BIG chunk out of the Heralds.

*Unless you're considering his current levels 'amped'... In which case he doesn't solo, but he can certainly beat any one of the Heralds individually. /shrug

I'd consider him amped. smile

But yeah, Hal should do allright against most individual heralds. Norrin, imo, "should" be several steps above herald class (To the point where I personally consider Thor holding his own to be PIS. Bill and Nova Prime are at least as powerful, but lack Thor's "character shield"wink

Galan007
Probably not a good idea to try and compare 'highs' here. whistle

cdtm
Probably not a good idea to try and compare 'highs' here. whistle

For Norrin, I'm talking "averages".

Nova Prime, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hulk, and even Dr. Strange (Orion, Superman, and Kyle if we count crossovers) treat Norrin like an absolute monster. And he has the feats to back it up... Speed, durability, energy manip are all well into the top tiers (As in, he can compete favorably with Flash, Superman, and *insert energy manipulator here* )

I realize Martian Manhunter gets rated highly for his versatility, and I'm as guilty of that anyone, buy imo Norrin can and SHOULD one shot him if bloodlusted.

"Id"
Just Ringling. Energy Hal is considered to be in an amplified state in this topic.

Galan007

StyleTime
Red Shift will save them!

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
For Norrin, I'm talking "averages".

Nova Prime, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator, Hulk, and even Dr. Strange (Orion, Superman, and Kyle if we count crossovers) treat Norrin like an absolute monster.

Wut? Nova was treating anybody as a monster. ****ing Xenith was wrecking him. Bill has knocked Surfer out with two hits and the Godhunter scene has Surfer cheapshotted him. Gladiator has never fought Surfer. Hulk has overpowered Surfer and Namor together and has actually broken out of prison which Surfer couldn't. The only reason Surfer looks superior to him is because of energy drain.

That Byrne crossover is an anomaly as Byrne thinks very highly of Surfer and Galactus in general.

Cyborg Superman literally laughed off Surfer's attacks in the very same crossover

Only on CBR. He is not even close to Superman and Flash in combat speed. Green Lanterns are faster flier. Superman is more durable. There are better energy manipulators like Quasar.

J'onn isn't worth shit in actual comics. In fact Superman has beaten beings who have oneshotted J'onn.

MightyKalEl
Lanterns wins.

Genii96
White lantern gives them the win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.