Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KCJ506
http://i.imgur.com/ulE1Q2u.png

Just announced at PSX

Mega Man is back

Captain Marvel is in

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--bQrzXXE7--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/iaqqw0ypgl2hayfyjq5h.png

Jmanghan
!!!!!!!

I am going to CUUUUUUUMMM!!!!

Zack Fair
Marvel loooking fiiiiine

Ridley_Prime
The probable lack of X-Men/mutants is still gonna hurt, at least for me, but on the bright side this'll be filled with MCU goodness.

cdtm
In the trailer, two sets of eyes for the boss.

Ultron and Sigma? I hope so.

Zack Fair
marvel is much more than Xmen.

Besides **** Fox. **** them hard marvel.

I won't miss them. Lots of chars could use the spotlight.

cdtm
Originally posted by Zack Fair

If it means Avengers get to rate in the tiers, I'm for it.

Hanging onto Thor/Iron Man/Captain America in MvsC3 makes it hard to keep any win momentum going (But picking guys you don't care about for the wins is pretty stupid. Yeah, I did use Iron Fist a lot too. smile )

Ridley_Prime

I agree, screw Fox, but doesn't mean fans of X-Men and Fantastic Four should have to continually suffer in every other medium too. thumb down

Jmanghan
I literally only got UMvC3 because of Dante and Vergil.

I'm not that into comics.

KCJ506
The only Fox owned characters I think are essential are Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Deadpool and Doom. Doom most likely wouldn't even be an issue now if Fox wasn't so adamant about hanging on to the F4 rights.

Zack Fair
Sons of bitches -_-

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by KCJ506
The only Fox owned characters I think are essential are Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Deadpool and Doom. Doom most likely wouldn't even be an issue now if Fox wasn't so adamant about hanging on to the F4 rights.
Would rather have like Cyclops, Gambit, or Psylocke over Storm, tbh. Though it's prolly still unlikely, I wouldn't mind Apocalypse either in light of his recent movie, which Psylocke was in too. But if it came down to just the ones you mentioned, I suppose I could live with that as well.

edit: Sentinel and Phoenix/Jean can take a hike though. Wouldn't miss them at all.

Zack Fair
Don't get your hopes up.

I don't expect a single xmen at all.

But who knows.

In other news in Capcom Cup they will show gameplay when the tourney is over.

Zack Fair
Gameplay released. Infinity Gems will have an effect/role in the fighting xD

Zack Fair
HhWSOSu78IA

Nemesis X
Didn't Capcom add infinity gems as in-game items for Marvel Super Heroes?

Jmanghan
Don't get your hopes up.

I don't expect a single xmen at all.

But who knows.

In other news in Capcom Cup they will show gameplay when the tourney is over. I'm pretty sure Wolverine is going to be in every single MvC game that will ever be made, ever.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I'm pretty sure Wolverine is going to be in every single MvC game that will ever be made, ever.

But he's an X-man

and we all knows all the bs that's been happening with Fox & Marvel these days

with that gameplay i find it funny how Captain Marvel & Iron Man are teamed up, After what's been happening between the two in Civil War 2.

KCJ506

Ridley_Prime
Nicely reassuring thumb up (no sarcasm intended), in addition to Megaman X actually being included instead of his fans getting shit on like usual. This looks promising so far. It's good to see Injustice 2 will be having some nice competition after all.

cdtm
There'll be a backlash if X in = Zero out, though. Zero is like the Wolverine of the series, he has LOT of fans.

KCJ506
Cap and Morrigan revealed

Jmanghan
Wolverine is going to be in the game, he was in UMvC3 and whatever that other game was called, he is going to be in this game, period.

He's one of the faces of Marvel.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wolverine is going to be in the game, he was in UMvC3 and whatever that other game was called, he is going to be in this game, period.

He's one of the faces of Marvel.

Your missing the point some of us are cautious about, Fox & Marvel's B.S. that's been going on between them

also i'm reading the previous Marvel vs Capcom is out on the PSN, I can't see it when i go looking for it.

Nemesis X
He might come back. UMvC3 did just get added to the PS4 store yesterday and will be back on the Xbox Live store later next year so that's a good sign of Fox not dishing out any cease and desists.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
UMvC3 did just get added to the PS4 store yesterday and will be back on the Xbox Live store later next year so that's a good sign of Fox not dishing out any cease and desists.

Must be only for the U.S. Store because i can't see it.

Kazenji
Found out what's going with the Australian PSN store for Marvel vs Capcom 3

its getting classified.......again
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/Other/BetaRaypalm_zps55ea5a17.jpg~original

jinXed by JaNx
I'll wait to see more gameplay. I thought MvC3 was trash.

Ridley_Prime
BUMP!

haRW6E_bzSA

cdtm
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'll wait to see more gameplay. I thought MvC3 was trash.

Always thought they were all trash.

MvsC2 has more characters then most fighters, and only like five-six of them viable at high level play.

Maybe that's what hardcore fans like about it, though. They HATE uncertainty (One of the prime complaints against the Dead or Alive series is the rock/paper/scissor's system makes it impossible to win 100% of the time.)

Zack Fair
MvC2 had no balance because Capcom didn't bother. They just threw all their previous assets into the game and called it a day.

I like the series but I can't play them. Too fast for me.

Ridley_Prime
Same here, on the series generally being too fast for me, but I think I'd still be willing to give Infinite a try, especially as Capcom's gotten better again in recent times when compared to last gen. Plus I'm glad it's here as an alternative to Injustice 2 for a new fighter to have this year.

Nemesis X
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/20/Injustice_2_Promo_Poster.jpg/250px-Injustice_2_Promo_Poster.jpg
http://corrupteddevelopment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/trash-bin-icon-psd.jpg

Nemesis X
^As it is now anyway I should mention. I'm gonna wait for the complete edition of Injustice 2.

Bro SMASH
Perhaps you should do the same for MvCI? Also, I don't see why you think that about Injustice 2 when it's not even out yet.

Anyway, here's gameplay footage:

C2qwkgDtr20

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Perhaps you should do the same for MvCI? Also, I don't see why you think that about Injustice 2 when it's not even out yet.

Because I disagree with Injustice 2's base roster overall. I'm hoping it's DLC will outweigh the negatives in the future. Capcom I have no issue with who they throw in their fighting games most of the time.

Bro SMASH
Because I disagree with Injustice 2's base roster overall. I'm hoping it's DLC will outweigh the negatives in the future. Capcom I have no issue with who they throw in their fighting games most of the time.

Even in this game when there's rumors going around that X-Men characters won't make it in?

Ridley_Prime
That would affect me more than probably most here, but eh, still prolly not as bad as who all Injustice 2 cut that were in the first game. The X-Men's presence already became lessened from MvC 2 to 3 anyway. But if we get like Deadpool again (a Fox property) but no X-Men member or villain in sight, I'd still be a bit salty, but I'd live. The plus side would be no Phoenix or Sentinel. A double edged sword for me, to say the least.

Bottom line though, the Batman gallery wank has gotten worse and worse to the point I'd be numb to any shortcomings this game's roster might have.

NemeBro
Originally posted by cdtm
Always thought they were all trash.

MvsC2 has more characters then most fighters, and only like five-six of them viable at high level play.

Maybe that's what hardcore fans like about it, though. They HATE uncertainty (One of the prime complaints against the Dead or Alive series is the rock/paper/scissor's system makes it impossible to win 100% of the time.) Five-six? Try four.

Magneto, Storm, Sentinel, and Cable. Cable was intentionally overpowered, the others incidentally.

MvC3 was at least better balanced than that.

KCJ506
Even with MVC2's roster size, what you saw mainly online was the four god tier characters, the Strider/Doom combo, Captain Commando(for his assist), Psylocke(for her assist) and Cyclops.

If we don't get any Fox owned characters in the base roster, then I can at least see Wolverine, Storm, Magneto, Deadpool and Doom being DLC. I'd also be open to characters like Iceman, Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Psylocke, Mr Fantastic and Human Torch. Especially Iceman since a lot could be done with his ice powers and MVC2 really didn't use him to his full potential.

-Pr-
If it had Cyclops and Colossus, i'd buy it just because. But Marvel moving away from the X-Men is just depressing.

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That would affect me more than probably most here, but eh, still prolly not as bad as who all Injustice 2 cut that were in the first game. The X-Men's presence already became lessened from MvC 2 to 3 anyway. But if we get like Deadpool again (a Fox property) but no X-Men member or villain in sight, I'd still be a bit salty, but I'd live. The plus side would be no Phoenix or Sentinel. A double edged sword for me, to say the least.

Bottom line though, the Batman gallery wank has gotten worse and worse to the point I'd be numb to any shortcomings this game's roster might have.

I'm actually liking the Injustice 2 roster. It should be no surprise that they have more Batman characters than the others but it really doesn't look all THAT heavy on them either. Plus, I also like how it's featuring characters that don't get much exposure (like Captain Cold).

In the end, there's nothing much to worry about when it comes to what kind of chances DC characters have. This game possibly not having any X-Men characters is a darn near crime. No X-Men, no buy!

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I'm actually liking the Injustice 2 roster. It should be no surprise that they have more Batman characters than the others but it really doesn't look all THAT heavy on them either. Plus, I also like how it's featuring characters that don't get much exposure (like Captain Cold).

In the end, there's nothing much to worry about when it comes to what kind of chances DC characters have. This game possibly not having any X-Men characters is a darn near crime.
Disagree tbh, but such is life. It has some positives though, like the mentioned Captain Cold example, whom I didn't mind that they traded Killer Frost out for (much as I liked her in the first game), as he's more iconic and recurring, but other tradeoffs like having Deathstroke out for Deadshot I can never agree with. Deathstroke is muuuch more known, and Deadshot would've never been considered if not for shitty Suicide Squad. Then there's bringing back the Joker but not Lex supposedly, etc. Overall the negatives of the roster outweigh the positives for me, but am hoping the DLC changes that.

No X-Men would be a more accurate depicting of the times though, sadly. Mutants became endangered over Marvel/Disney and Fox being at each other's throats. It's been like that for awhile, so kinda used to it now.

Bro SMASH
I must admit, I can't say I'm not interested in Ultron Sigma. I guess it's because I like the idea merging characters that are not only from different universes but different companies too, just as long as it's done right.

I remember I was really hyped about Dark Khan in MKvsDC because that kind of merger did make sense but it ended up being a little underwhelming. Dark Khan didn't actually look like Shao Khan or Darkseid and we didn't get to see what more he can do besides having the ability to merge universes.

Ultron Sigma seems to be the opposite case, though. He does bare some resemblance to both Ultron and Sigma and I think we'll see more of his abilities throughout the story. Everything I wanted from Dark Khan seems like it might be happening with Ultron Sigma.

I'm also curious about how accurate the characters' abilities will be. I don't think Chris can really do anything to Ultron or Sigma, let alone when they merged but a character like Asura (if he makes it in) could bring some DBZ style action into this.

I'd also like to see how Viewtiful Joe would act around everybody if he makes it in too.

Ridley_Prime
Surprisingly, I actually agree about Ultron Sigma, in that he seems to be the kind of fusion crossover villain done right (based on characteristics, execution, and things), unlike Dark Khan who initially drove some of us apart those years ago...
gay_rage

Bro SMASH
It also has me wondering how well other characters can be done if they merge too. Not necessarily just Marvel and Capcom but maybe something like Dragon Ball Z's Cell and Street Fighter's Seth? That'd be awesome too.

Ridley_Prime
Eh, can't really picture that, but if more crossover fused characters followed DBZ's laws of fusion (the way it makes them stronger together, not the time limits), that'd be kinda cool.

Bro SMASH
It's just something I thought up since I've always wanted a Shonen Jump vs. Capcom game.

Estacado
I want Thanos.

Ridley_Prime
I want Apocalypse as I have in MvC for years, though I know it's a crapshoot, even with getting his own movie not long ago.

KCJ506
With Ultron being a main villain, I have a feeling that Thanos is gonna get treatment similar to Darkseid in Injustice 2. By being a DLC character.

Ridley_Prime
Could see that. They'd better make him worth having though in which case, as he was nothing special in MvC 2. (Was he in 3? I forget now)

KCJ506
Nope. He was absent UMVC3. He was one of the characters I was hoping they'd add if they had decided to add anymore as DLC. Especially since Nova and Rocket were in.

steverules_2
I stick to marvel vs cap com 2, love that game...but colossus is terrible in it

Nemesis X
I was hyped for this but now this controversy over easy access for beginners has me nervous. Apparently Capcom wants both sides happy and offers that in the form of auto combos or something that veteran Marvel players are not happy about. Like does that mean you need one button to air combo now or what?

Zack Fair
But easy access/auto combos have been around forever in that series.

No self-respecting player chooses them though.

I love fighting games, but its a hard and sharp learning curve. Nothing will ever help that. Its just what it is.

Nemesis X
People like Maximilian Dood are treating this like it's new though.

XanatosForever
Max's concern is the uncertainty of the auto-combo's permanence, and the power it affords casual players (and pros as well really). If it's set up like simple option was in MvC3, then there won't really be a worry, but if its just set as standard with no way to change it, then all players will have to adjust to the change, and it probably won't be for the better. If a casual player just has to mash a couple of buttons to hit as hard as a pro, not everyone will think creatively to learn more about the character. "I can win like this" is as far as they'll ever get.

Nemesis X
I hope there's an option then where you can turn the thing on/off and the auto-combo has it's cons to go with the pros like picking auto gives you the weaker combos while players who don't want it can dish out much stronger ones that they know how to do manually. If you can't turn it off, that would suuuuck.

Nemesis X
ch6ZCdtSpXk

So if this right, you're gonna play as Rocket riding on frikkin Groot the whole time. Sweet.

KCJ506
Aww I was hoping Groot would get his own slot.

So I guess this means if there's another Guardians rep, it's most likely to be Star-Lord.

XanatosForever
...the auto-combo has it's cons to go with the pros like picking auto gives you the weaker combos...

No, see, that's the difference with Infinite, at least according to Max's info. The auto-combo won't have reduced damage on it. It's going to hit just as hard as a manual combo.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by XanatosForever
No, see, that's the difference with Infinite, at least according to Max's info. The auto-combo won't have reduced damage on it. It's going to hit just as hard as a manual combo.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/f270e4494aa01cd26b52c699e77fdd98/tumblr_ml6ef4HvIp1rs9keio1_400.gif

Ridley_Prime
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/2/20/Injustice_2_Promo_Poster.jpg/250px-Injustice_2_Promo_Poster.jpg
http://corrupteddevelopment.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/trash-bin-icon-psd.jpg
^As it is now anyway I should mention. I'm gonna wait for the complete edition of Injustice 2.
And now you're getting it day 1 apparently... Indecisive nitwit. 131 Enjoy digging that game up out of the garbage bin!

Nemesis X
I deserve that.

Ridley_Prime
If it's any consolation, at least Injustice 2 would be easier to dig out of a dumpster site than Atari's ET.

If I remember right, the current Killer Instinct also has that auto combo thing for the casuals, but it can be turned off which I hope is also the case for MvC. If not, hope its roster kinda makes up for it.

Nemesis X
Rumored full roster leak:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-rumored-roster

no expression

Ridley_Prime
Notice how there's one more Marvel character than there is Capcom, though at least you still got the Nemesis assuming that list is true.

Still, shit rosters with some shitty ass cuts are kinda the norm these days.

KCJ506
It's been speculated that's the missing Capcom character is Frank West.

I wasn't expecting a 50+ starting roster(especially since it's back to 2v2), but I was hoping for at least the same amount as Vanilla MVC3. My main issue however is the lack of newcomers.

Out of the other RE characters in MVC3, I thought Wesker had the biggest chances of returning. Especially after Chris was confirmed. Never would have thought Nemesis would get in before him. Doesn't even make sense to have Nemesis, but not Jill.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah... I wasn't expecting a roster that huge like MvC 2 (at least the vanilla version of 3 as mentioned) but the one we got now if it's legit is tiny for a crossover game, like Mortal Kombat vs DC tiny, but that game at least had the excuse of having a lower budget due to Midway's money crisis at the time. What's this game's excuse for a tiny AF roster?

And just hope it's not Dead Rising 4 Frank.

steverules_2
I want wolverine to be in it, I love playing as wolverine

Nemesis X
E3 isn't that far away now so I'm just gonna remain skeptic and see what Capcom has to say for itself. There are three reasons I can see the leak not being real.

1. The Monster Hunter team doesn't want a character of theirs in MvC apparently.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/11/actually-the-monster-hunter-team-didnt-want-the-hunter-in-marvel-vs-capcom-3/

2. You're gonna put three out of five of the Guardians of the Galaxy (Rocket, Groot, and Gamora) in the game but not Star-Lord? That doesn't make any sense especially if Thanos will be in this.

3. The Capcom side has barely any new additions and with so many characters returning from MvC3, I might as well just buy MvC3 if they're not gonna expand their horizon in this fourth installment. Capcom should know better.

KCJ506
The person that leaked the roster is the same guy that leaked the existence of this game before the game was announced.

Zack Fair
Yeah... I wasn't expecting a roster that huge like MvC 2 (at least the vanilla version of 3 as mentioned) but the one we got now if it's legit is tiny for a crossover game, like Mortal Kombat vs DC tiny, but that game at least had the excuse of having a lower budget due to Midway's money crisis at the time. What's this game's excuse for a tiny AF roster?

And just hope it's not Dead Rising 4 Frank. I suppose the excuse would be its 2v2 and not 3v3. Better off comparing roster number to XmenvsStreetFighter and the original MvC

cdtm
Is that a hard limit, or more of a Tekken Tag limit that could be tweaked a bit?

No real reason they couldn't give an option of 2 or 3 man teams. And even a 1 vs 1 for the novelty of it.

Nemesis X
The person that leaked the roster is the same guy that leaked the existence of this game before the game was announced.

This guy doesn't get the information himself though but rather people share it with him so for all we know, he could've been fed misinformation this time. Like I said, I'm waiting 'til E3 to see if it's true.

Zack Fair
I'm willing to bet if license is no issue that we will be seeing seasonal character dlcs.

Ridley_Prime
Seasonal characters could go a long way, and would be preferable to just rushing out a game with a small roster and never getting who we wanted from it. Also kinda allows the fighting game dev's to take their time more with content releases than always adhering to a strict deadline. I'd might wait a year or two before being as invested with Infinite though like with Killer Instinct before getting into it, depending on how long they'd plan on doing the seasonal characters thing.

Alternatively, if this game fails me like Injustice 2 kinda did, I'd still be happy to get UMvC 3 on a current gen platform and call it a day.

Zack Fair
Capcom said they wouldn't rush their games anymore, but lol. I don't trust them.

Nemesis X
Only three new characters on one side seems pretty rushed to me.

Also, who even wants Firebrand back?

Zack Fair
k

Ridley_Prime
Only three new characters on one side seems pretty rushed to me.

Also, who even wants Firebrand back?
Firebrand's cool. Like his design and all; not sure what you got against him.

It's the lack thereof on the roster I would have a problem with, not the listed characters in particular.

Nemesis X
Admittedly I jumped the gun with Firebrand. I'm just wondering should the list be real what other possibilities you would get besides him. I don't hate him or anything. It's how small the roster is that has me so conflicted besides the lack of new characters. MvC3's roster is so big you have everybody for everyone.

Nemesis X
The lack of Leon Kennedy and Ada Wong is irritating. With seven rereleases of RE4 on seven different systems over the years plus a remake of RE2 now in the works, you'd think that would be more than enough reason to put them in.

KCJ506
I'd be satisfied if the leak had about ten more characters and they were all newcomers.(five for both sides) That way the starting roster will be the same as the original MVC3.

I haven't seen this particular complaint here, but on other sites you have people complaining about the Marvel side being nearly all characters from the MCU, though when you see the suggestions for characters that people make, you often see names like Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil, Black Panther, Punisher, Vision, Loki, Luke Cage etc... All of those are MCU characters, so even if most people were given what they want (other than Fox owned characters), you'd still have a MCU heavy roster.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, MCU focus was inevitable either way. I've kinda made my peace with that now even if some more Fox associated characters unfortunately have to go, but I still see some being at least DLC if nothing else.

Darkstorm Zero
I'm going to be honest, Capcom kinda lost me with the disasterous launch of Street Fighter V, and the Marvel VS Capcom franchise is obviously a tired old horse... I'm not sure if this is enough to lure me back.

Ridley_Prime
I hear ya. I really want to like this game, but will have to see whether it's another SFV type of launch or something. Fingers crossed...

Nemesis X
Guys, remember back in January when we had a roster leak before the new one last month?

https://www.thebitbag.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-characters-leak/217702

Now NeoGaf user Ryce, the guy who posted last month's soul crushingly disappointing leak, said the one in January was fake. All of it. But...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=238619370&postcount=11743

But why does he also list Rocket (w/Groot), Thanos, Ant-Man, Doctor Strange, Dante, Spencer and the possibility of Frank West, the same characters from that January leak he said was all fake? And who exactly gave him permission to allow showing this batch of info last month? He doesn't say at all in the thread he posted that in.

IIRC, Street Fighter x Tekken had a similar problem with leakers and Capcom tried weeding out the mole in their company with fake info they shared to select few who would go to people like Ryce and give that to them. It could be both leaks are connected and with a small few confirmations but most are fake (maybe) as Capcom is manipulating both to keep us guessing 'til E3 or the later months.

Nemesis X
8seeZsWZ1CI

So the leak turned out to be real. Jesus...

Having no Xmen and F4 in the game was a tough enough pill to swallow but I accepted it. I also understood Capcom not having a say who gets to go on Marvel's side what with Disney/Marvel Entertainment holding the leash but they have no excuse not having more newcomers on theirs. Everyone on team Capcom is a rehash ported straight from Ultimate, no new additions aside from Jedah and Monster Hunter guy who are only just two.

On top of that, Black Panther, despite being in the story mode, is locked behind DLC.

**** this.

Pre-order cancelled. I hope it fails harder than Dead Rising 4.

I'm getting Ultimate MvC3 for PS4 instead.

Estacado
Yay for Thanos.

Nemesis X
From the Director of MvCI production......

https://pvplive.net/c/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-director-x-men-exclusion

So what Michael Evans is saying is today's Marvel fans won't remember or even know X-Men yet he's bragging about the Guardians and Black Panther 'cause you know they have movies yet we're just gonna ignore Logan and Deadpool, two critically acclaimed X-Men films that came out not too long ago, and pretend they exist on an alternate earth. If that doesn't tell you Capcom is feeding you this BS 'cause the MCU is holding them at gunpoint, nothing will.

Ridley_Prime
Yep. **** Infinite and everything it stands for. Good thing it was already dead to me after E3 and that I got UMvC3 as compensation. Still though,

T0PjEo0OfSA

eisenlex

KCJ506
There was another interview and some of the comments made in regards to character's exclusions really didn't seem to be well thought out. For instance Combofiend made a remark about characters just simply being functions as well as Magneto being a favorite simply because he had an eight way dash and was really fast. We all know that's BS. It's because he is a popular, fan favorite and a long time beloved character in Marvel's history and if he hadn't already been in the series he would have still been heavily requested. Now if he had said people only want Sentinel because of what he's done in previous games, then I wouldn't have so much as batted an eye at it because that would be true for the most part.

The real reason is Marvel won't let them use any X-Men. That's the only answer. They probably can't or don't want to throw Marvel under the bus like that. But they could have handled that interview a bit better.

Ridley_Prime
Definitely. It was one of the worst attempts at damage control I've seen in awhile which had the opposite intended effect for me and many, but ultimately, **** Disney and/or whoever kept them at gunpoint against having Magneto and other beloved characters back.

Nemesis X
When even Maximillian Dood is feeling awkward and uncomfortable around MvCI, you know somebody dun goofed.

RLN7_6aErh4

Definitely. It was one of the worst attempts at damage control I've seen in awhile which had the opposite intended effect for me and many, but ultimately, **** Disney and/or whoever kept them at gunpoint against having Magneto and other beloved characters back.

Ditto.

Ridley_Prime
Riiight...

Already found some comments on the contrary to that statement and others by them, this one here in particular.

laughing There's nothing the devs can do to make the game look better with their attempt at damage control, and honestly referring to them as just functions is kind of an insult to the characters themselves we love playing as. Sure, they all have their own functions as a 3v3 team (or I guess with Infinite's case 2v2), but a lot of us pick and play as someone because we like the character, not simply because of their playstyle function or what tier they are.

KCJ506
In regards to modern Marvel fans not knowing who X-men are, they probably just detailed this more by mentioning those who actually are very well recognized by the modern fan like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, etc. Because in a way, they could be right about that. It's 2017 now and there are probably many teenagers that haven't seen the 90s X-men cartoon or played any of the X-men games that came out in the 90s and haven't had any exposure to X-men outside of their movies. Which were pretty much the Wolverine show and really didn't do a good job of giving the side characters any spotlight.

Quincy
Shits ****ing lame. It's a ****ing travesty with what's happening to the X-Men

Nemesis X
In regards to modern Marvel fans not knowing who X-men are, they probably just detailed this more by mentioning those who actually are very well recognized by the modern fan like Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, etc. Because in a way, they could be right about that. It's 2017 now and there are probably many teenagers that haven't seen the 90s X-men cartoon or played any of the X-men games that came out in the 90s and haven't had any exposure to X-men outside of their movies. Which were pretty much the Wolverine show and really didn't do a good job of giving the side characters any spotlight.

So that justifies the industry taking a crap on the very foundation of Marvel vs Capcom? If it weren't for X-Men vs Street Fighter (the very first MvC game), this fighting series wouldn't have been a thing no expression

And while you're justifying the dev's lame excuse, we all know the reason X-Men characters got banned from the roster is because the MCU couldn't take credit and someone got jealous of Fox's Logan and Deadpool movies. Even Capcom knows this but they can't directly tell you without getting in trouble so they got to feed us this BS.

KCJ506
No I'm not trying to justify it. All I'm saying is there is may be some logic in them saying many modern super hero fans probably don't know the majority of X-men characters that were in past games, as sad as that is. Especially if they just go by the movies where nearly every X-men got pushed to the side for more Wolverine.

At the very least, I think Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto and Storm should have made the cut. Especially the former two since they recently had movies that did really well.

Nemesis X
That logic doesn't seem right though. I doubt you would've found a bunch of modern fans who knew the Guardians of the Galaxy prior to their movie debut so they shouldn't be in the roster either just like the X-Men going by that logic.

Nemesis X
By ComboFiend's logic that everyone is a function, this is what the game should be then:

WRHi9oyMXqE

Nemesis X
Ro55s1xuGLw

So many recycled Capcom characters from MvC3 and they still do the same things from the last game 100% right down to their intros, supers, grapples, etc.. If I didn't know there was another MvC in the works, I would've mistaken this for a graphics mod someone spent forever on. There's barely any new additions and none of them get anything new while the MCU half gets better treatment.

"But Neme, it's got Jedah and Monster Hunter Guy will be revealed soon" THAT'S ONLY TWO! Last one Capcom had 10 (not counting Ultimate)! This crap is inexcusable.

Nemesis X
I mean what about these other characters?

Edward Falcon (Power Stone)
Daimon (Dragon's Dogma)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Asura
Franziska (Ace Attorney)
Nilin (Remember Me)
Lady (Devil May Cry)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Gene (God Hand)
Leon/Claire/Ada/Jack Baker (Resident Evil)
R. Mika/Juri Han/Guile/etc. (Street Fighter)

O_o

Nemesis X
Surprise, surprise. The game's starting to bomb in sales. Even Street Fighter II on Switch did better on it's first week.

http://shoryuken.com/2017/09/26/pokken-tournament-dx-beats-out-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-on-the-uk-sales-chart/

Kazenji
I watched Angry Joe's review even he points out, Out of all the villains from the Capcom games why the **** did they go with Sigma

I mean what about these other characters?

Edward Falcon (Power Stone)
Daimon (Dragon's Dogma)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Asura
Franziska (Ace Attorney)
Nilin (Remember Me)
Lady (Devil May Cry)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
Gene (God Hand)
Leon/Claire/Ada/Jack Baker (Resident Evil)
R. Mika/Juri Han/Guile/etc. (Street Fighter)

O_o

Wouldn't be surprised if there's another version of the game on the way.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
I watched Angry Joe's review even he points out, Out of all the villains from the Capcom games why the **** did they go with Sigma
And he had a good point there. Didn't like how he didn't roast the casualization of MvCI though, even if I get why it appealed to him.

And Arc System Works and others will still kick Capcom's ass. eek!

Kazenji
Yeah, Feels like Capcom has lost their way when it comes to the fighting games

I got Street Fighter V recently wasn't too fond of how they made that game, Story Mode as a DLC and other things.

cdtm

They probably overestimated the X series based off Zero's popularity.

Sigma is quite the monster, what with all the bizarre or creepy body types.

XanatosForever
Max did a review, too. The key redeeming factor seems to be the gameplay itself, which means it won't catch on unless more people push the game into hands.

Nemesis X
Gameplay does look ok but that's not what sells crossover games. It still needs the good gameplay don't get me wrong but most tend to play these for the roster so when you rehash the same characters like the ones on Capcom's side, a lot are depressed there aren't that many newcomers so there's really no point for them in getting Infinite when they can just get the rereleased Ultimate MvC3 for those same characters and more. Just Mega Man X and Jedah alone won't cut it.

KCJ506
I was originally gonna get this at launch, but I decided to wait until it went on sale. The lack of X-men and F4 characters isn't the issue I have. It's the severe lack of newcomers. I would have actually been satisfied if there were about 10-12 more characters on the roster and they were all newcomers. Two of them being Black Panther and Sigma rather than being DLC.

I think Tatsunoko vs Capcom may have been the last Capcom fighter that didn't have any sort of controversy when it was released. And even that didn't sell very well(the US release) due to it being a Wii exclusive and the majority of the US not being familiar with the Tatsunoko cast.

Nemesis X
Did you know there was gonna be a Capcom All-Stars fighting game but that got scrapped in favor of TvC? Now there's a project that should've been revived and done instead of having to do business with today's Marvel and make this garbage.

Nemesis X
gTYhajgfEGM

Yep. Monster Hunter, Black Panther, and Sigma will both be available Oct 17th one month after MvCI's launch. I've never seen DLC characters announced and released this damn early. They could've delayed the game for another month to put them in facepalm

cdtm
Gameplay does look ok but that's not what sells crossover games. It still needs the good gameplay don't get me wrong but most tend to play these for the roster so when you rehash the same characters like the ones on Capcom's side, a lot are depressed there aren't that many newcomers so there's really no point for them in getting Infinite when they can just get the rereleased Ultimate MvC3 for those same characters and more. Just Mega Man X and Jedah alone won't cut it.

X should have been the series villian. Would have been a brilliant nod to a continuity that might have been.

He was supposed to be corrupted for the X series, but it never happened, we just got Copy X.

Nemesis X
I don't mind Sigma being the villain even if there could be better ones.

*cough*Pyron*cough*

cdtm
Had a go at a gaming expo event this weekend.

Tried Zero and Dr. Strange, and then Rocket Rackoon and Thor for awhile. Wasn't impressed.

Saying that as a casual, obviously, and maybe high level play is something else, but this simply didn't feel all that fun, when compared to MvsC3 or 2..

cdtm
Yep. **** Infinite and everything it stands for. Good thing it was already dead to me after E3 and that I got UMvC3 as compensation. Still though,

T0PjEo0OfSA

eisenlex

Is this MvC's Dragon Ball Super?

Kazenji
Is this MvC's Dragon Ball Super?

What the f**k?

you can't see the analogy?

cdtm
What the f**k?

you can't see the analogy?

Dragon Ball Super is when the anime turned to utter shite. Sounds like the same is true for Infinite and the Marvel vs Capcom series. thumb up

Ridley_Prime
An anime you still watch religiously to this day, even though you have the sense not to get MvCI. mmm Also, GT beat Super to the punch in lowering the bar for the series. GT overall would be a more accurate comparison to MvCI, at least where I'm concerned.

cdtm
An anime you still watch religiously to this day, even though you have the sense not to get MvCI. mmm Also, GT beat Super to the punch in lowering the bar for the series. GT overall would be a more accurate comparison to MvCI, at least where I'm concerned.

I watched early 90's World Championship Wrestling and the World Wrestling Federation, too. Even GT has nothing on that. wink

If it's free and there's nothing else on, there's no reason "not" to check it out.

Nemesis X
Seeing that Street Fighter V has a complete edition coming out next year, you can bet Infinite will have one too assuming of course it survives that long 'cause man, those sales.

Kazenji
Dragon Ball Super is when the anime turned to utter shite. Sounds like the same is true for Infinite and the Marvel vs Capcom series. thumb up

cdtm
Godzilla after seeing an episode of Dragon Ball Super?

cdtm
Anyways, is it safe to say:

mvci < mvc3u < mvc2?

Personally I prefer 3 for sheer pick up and play fun and the roster. Full Avengers core ftw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.