Revan in Knights of the Eternal Throne (Explained!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Please watch first (it's short):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JigornQNeE

---

There are still some who deny Revan's aid in battle against Valkorion.

As demonstrated in the above video, Revan, without a shadow of a doubt, merged his spirit with the Outlander's in battle.

Below are arguments and rebuttals further solidifying this observation as fact.

---

Revan's spirit enters the Outlander: There's two key observations here that immediately debunk the notion that the Outlander willed to have Revan's powers and weapons, and thus he did. First, we see a blob of purple, blue, and white light radiating out from the Outlander's body. Note that blobs of purple, blue, and white light actually signify Force spirit's in SWTOR, as demonstrated in the battle against the Ancient Threat. Further, a beam of energy comes down from the sky into the Outlander. This action is blatantly dissimilar to when the Outlander willed Valkorion's downfall following the battle. Furthermore, a beam of energy coming down into the Outlander indicates an external source coming and merging with an internal source.

Revan's spirit leaves the Outlander (if dies): This is actually quite fascinating. If the Outlander falls in battle against Valkorion, we see animation of a spirit leaving the Outlander's body following his death. Thus, we can conclude that the spirit within him and the Outlander are two separate entities. If the Outlander would have simply died when pretending to be Revan, this animation would not have occurred. The sound effects used for the spirit is very similar to what was used in Shadow of Revan for the Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow, Exar Kun, and Tulak Hord ghosts, and the spirits whispering on the Gravestone.

Revan's abilities: The video provided also shows Revan's powers, such as double-lightsaber throw, Force drain, etc. Pay close attention to the damage difference. I observe a massive increase in damage output from the player (in some instances, over ten times their base level) when they get Revan's abilities. Thus, the distinction indicates a literal amp, which makes sense given Revan's spirit is also within the Outlander. If the Outlander merely willed Revan's abilities, his Force power should have remained the same - the only distinction should have been the introduction of new abilities.

I touched on above the stupidity of suggesting the Outlander decided to have Revan's powers and abilities, but allow me to further clarify. As shown in the game, the Outlander doesn't recognize that this is "my mind, my rules" until after the fighting has stopped and he is on his knees. This is shown by the fact Valkorion was taken aback by the cleverness of this realization. Thus, it was not something demonstrated earlier in the battle. Furthermore, the various aspects of the mechanics, as outlined above, debunks the notion that the Outlander is merely doing it himself. There wouldn't be an amp, a spirit wouldn't be entering and leaving his body, etc., if this were the case.

darthbane77
thumb up

nfactor1995
Cool

Jmanghan
They could at least given him some lines then.

Just seems stupid to make people just debate on it.

Selenial
The tooltip quite clearly states you're accessing the holocron for power, how is that Revan again? mmm

darthbane77
I mean.....did you not watch the video? It's obvious that a spirit is involved, which is likely Revan, given the evidence.

Emperordmb
What I'm wondering is what the **** does anyone have to gain from trying to wank this?

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Emperordmb
What I'm wondering is what the **** does anyone have to gain from trying to wank this?
It has nothing to do with wanking, it's just concerning Revan's story.

AncientPower
It wanks Valkorion, because essentially it took Arcann, Outlander, Senya, Dramath and Revan with the Uber Holocron to defeat Valkorion in a 'far weaker' state than normal to actually defeat him. You can argue that without the Holocron, Valkorion still would have won.

Geistalt
Game mechanics.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mMAnCgjeZ4Q/maxresdefault.jpg

Zenwolf
Isn't there another spirit or whatever? Since when I played, going into the Light transformation you have a double bladed lightsaber and all that, which I'm pretty sure isn't Revan.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Isn't there another spirit or whatever? Since when I played, going into the Light transformation you have a double bladed lightsaber and all that, which I'm pretty sure isn't Revan. That's Satele.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by darthbane77
That's Satele.

That doesn't add up, since Satele is alive and she hasn't been in contact with the Holocron.

DarthAnt66
Based on what? Shan has shown the ability to follow galactic events from across the galaxy. She should be capable of projecting her influence into the Holocron in the same way Senya did (i.e. meditation).

Selenial
Also, I'm curious, where's the sources about this all being about power? I thought it was a battle of wills, but people are using Valk's treatment of Vaylin as if he could do it in the physical plane too.

Nephthys
I just did the fight and it very clearly wasn't Revan. No clue what Ant's thinking, other than wishfully.

Satele clearly wasn't meditating her way into the holocron either. You get a message from her afterwards where she doesn't mention it at all and talks about feeling Valkorion's death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.