Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
A standalone game featuring Chloe & Nadine

gdGcqFu6rRw

Nemesis X
Had a feeling Naughty Dog wasn't tired of making Uncharted games just yet. Chloe's the main character this time around so that's awesome. Can never get tired of Claudia Black.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Had a feeling Naughty Dog wasn't tired of making Uncharted games just yet. Chloe's the main character this time around so that's awesome. Can never get tired of Claudia Black. Agreed. I missed her in 4.

I hope this one is better. I wasn't a fan of 4.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Agreed. I missed her in 4.

I hope this one is better. I wasn't a fan of 4. You didn't like Uncharted 4? That's interesting I've never heard someone not like it yet

Smasandian
I assume this is a download title? Not a full game?

If full game? Meh...rather have something new.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Smasandian
I assume this is a download title? Not a full game?

If full game? Meh...rather have something new. It's a dlc

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Firefly218
You didn't like Uncharted 4? That's interesting I've never heard someone not like it yet I've heard a few people say the same. I liked the story (despite a few predicable twists like Nathans brother betraying us) and the puzzles, but it tried too hard to be like Last of Us. It was really slow. No memorable set pieces, no supernatural element, not enough to consider interesting. It tried to be a character piece, but Nathan/Elena just aren't as interesting in as Joel and Ellie. The ending was cool, but most of the time leading up to it was boring and devolved into a bunch of platform locating/moving and random shooting. The stealth system was also not as well done as Last of Us.

Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of the series so far. 4 just strayed too much from what made the game great.

ares834
Agreed. The combat has become stale and I felt the game was twice as long as it should have been.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Firefly218
It's a dlc

It's DLC but also a standalone title to download without needing to buy Uncharted 4 like the Left Behind expansion for Last of Us which I'm glad for.

It doesn't mean I hate Uncharted 4 but I'm not too keen on getting it atm as it doesn't make me feel quite as hyped for it as the previous games.

Kazenji
And also like that Far Cry Blood Dragon.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I've heard a few people say the same. I liked the story (despite a few predicable twists like Nathans brother betraying us) and the puzzles, but it tried too hard to be like Last of Us. It was really slow. No memorable set pieces, no supernatural element, not enough to consider interesting. It tried to be a character piece, but Nathan/Elena just aren't as interesting in as Joel and Ellie. The ending was cool, but most of the time leading up to it was boring and devolved into a bunch of platform locating/moving and random shooting. The stealth system was also not as well done as Last of Us.

Uncharted 2 is the pinnacle of the series so far. 4 just strayed too much from what made the game great.

I see Uncharted 4 as an extremely well made game. But I felt that way.

The game starts off slow, the set pieces were not even as good as Uncharted 3 and I just didn't care that much.

I also felt the game took elements from other games too much. While it was nice to have open areas that you can mark targets but I just felt like I was playing every other game that does the same thing.

But it did some awesome things and the most fun I had was driving around in the car. That was pretty cool. And some of the areas near the end was pretty damn traffic. Overall, great game but not nearly as memorable as the other three.

I'm a huge Naughty Dog fan and I hope after Last of Us 2...they do something new....maybe SCI FI!!

Arachnid1
I see Uncharted 4 as an extremely well made game. But I felt that way.

The game starts off slow, the set pieces were not even as good as Uncharted 3 and I just didn't care that much.

I also felt the game took elements from other games too much. While it was nice to have open areas that you can mark targets but I just felt like I was playing every other game that does the same thing.

But it did some awesome things and the most fun I had was driving around in the car. That was pretty cool. And some of the areas near the end was pretty damn traffic. Overall, great game but not nearly as memorable as the other three.

I'm a huge Naughty Dog fan and I hope after Last of Us 2...they do something new....maybe SCI FI!! Yeah, agreed in every respect. They did do a lot right, though they did a lot wrong too.

And holy crap, a sci-fi game by these guys would be amazing. They are great at setting atmosphere, so I feel like they'd excel at something like that or horror

Smasandian
Yeah, they need to do something new after Last of Us 2. Another Uncharted (even without Drake) would be a mistake.

It doesn't help that Rise of the Tomb Raider was a superior game.

Arachnid1
Yeah, they need to do something new after Last of Us 2. Another Uncharted (even without Drake) would be a mistake.

It doesn't help that Rise of the Tomb Raider was a superior game. Yeah, it was. Both the Tomb Raider reboot games were IMO. So damn well done, and the second took it to the next level

Arachnid1
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/07/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-first-story-gameplay-details-revealed?abthid=58bf1ab6ae51d1be4b000014

"Overall, The Lost Legacy will be more personal, "grounded story" according to Escayg, who spoke to Game Informer. Chloe is part Indian but has not been to the country in a while, so the game will reflect her personal past, particularly her relationship with her father, as well as her cultural heritage. As Escayg has previously stated, Hinduism will play a key role in the narrative, with Escayg explaining that Naughty Dog is "tying the culture and stories of the Hindu gods, even the story of the Hoysala Empire and the kings that ruled there," to Chloe's story."

I'm digging a more personal angle. That combined with the up close over the shoulder camera angle makes this one feel like it will be a dirtier experience. I've got to say though, Chloe and the fractured relationship with her father gives me pretty strong Tomb Raider vibes.

Firefly218
The gameplay looked amazing

Kazenji
Regarding the people thinking its like a DLC title

also if you pre-order it, You get a free digital copy of Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for PS4 and a theme.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-21898-Uncharted--The-Lost-Legacy-Release-Date-Set-For-August.html

Impediment
I love all the Uncharted games.

2, 4, 3, and 1 in best to least order, IMO.

Chloe has an amazing ass, too.

Nemesis X
The question we've been waiting to get answered.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/21/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-preview-and-interview-we-have-always-hinted-at-a-larger-world-out-there-6724214/

Naughty Dog...

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/3025000/3025683_1348954430013.01res_500_385.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The question we've been waiting to get answered.

Have i?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Have i?

Some probably have no expression

The supernatural was always something to look forward to in these Uncharted games. The first had zombies, the second had superhuman tribal men, the third had hallucinations made by demons. Having nothing but gun toting mercs the whole game without a change of pace in unique enemy types is boring.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Kazenji
Have i? I sure as hell have. No supernatural twist blows. I was hoping Lost Legacy would fix U4's shortcomings but it looks like it's going to be more of the same. :/

Smasandian
Yeah....I was a little underwhelmed with the story and setting of Uncharted 4. It never that moment that makes Uncharted a special game.

I clearly remember Uncharted 1 where you walk into an open area and there is damn U-Boat sitting there.

Firefly218
https://www.redbull.com/au-en/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-hands-on-preview

Getting rave reviews

Impediment
Just finished Lost Legacy in less than 6 hours.

A very good game, but epic like 2 or 4.

Very short. Not worth the $40 price.

Definitely worth playing, but wait for a price drop.

Kazenji
$40?....most places here are charging $55 for it, Even then i hear wait for the price drop.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.