Superman & Gladiator vs Silver Surfer & Stardust

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Supermen vs Heralds.who wins?

StyleTime
Hmm. This one is a good fight.

Genii96
Surfer takes out glads with his weakness in seconds

Superman can't actually hurt stardust.

Switching it's the same thing

Team herald ftw

abhilegend
Who said Superman can't hurt or beat Stardust? BRB pounded the shit out of her.

Delta1938
Originally posted by abhilegend

'Cuz circular argument.

tkitna
Heralds win

Genii96

With a magical hammer. And Even that needed a lot of power to KO her.
When it came to physical hits without the hammer,it didn't do shit. Not even a thunderclap from Galactus did anything

abhilegend
Originally posted by Genii96
With a magical hammer. And Even that needed a lot of power to KO her.
When it came to physical hits without the hammer,it didn't do shit. Not even a thunderclap from Galactus did anything
Magical hammer which just hit her hard. Superman has a lot of power to spare if you don't know.

That's as much a red herring as I've ever heard. There is no mention of magic being a factor for her being koed.

iceman24567
surfer taking out Gladiator within seconds? Not likely no expression

Delta1938
Magical hammer which just hit her hard. Superman has a lot of power to spare if you don't know.

That's as much a red herring as I've ever heard. There is no mention of magic being a factor for her being koed.

Wasn't Bill biting chunks out of her? Or am I wrong?

Genii96

Except the part where it was stated that physical hits don't do shit
Just like how the thunderclap of Galactus didn't do anything or a planet blowing up beneath her didn't do anything

Even when she stopped fighting bill and tried to reason with him and he kept on hitting and biting her,it didn't even stop her speech patterns and she reminded him that physical hits don't work.

But feel free to claim Superman can punch her out lol.

Genii96
Originally posted by iceman24567
surfer taking out Gladiator within seconds? Not likely no expression

A single burst of radiation ofba certain wavelength will do that just fine.

abhilegend
Except the part where it was stated that physical hits don't do shit

From Stardust herself? No shit sherlock. She was too full of herself as usual.

Until bill smacked the shit out of her.

Yet, Bill koed her and even Storm blew her up. It's called the comics.

Unless you think Storm's lightning is more powerful than Galactus thunderclap or magical.

Until they suddenly did. And Superman is far stronger than Bill.

Of course. She is BRB's ***** after all.

iceman24567
A single burst of radiation ofba certain wavelength will do that just fine. As if its in Surfers character to do that a majority of the times in 10 battles. Even fighting at his best its doubtful he will fight in the way you are describing be serious.

Genii96
As if its in Surfers character to do that a majority of the times in 10 battles. Even fighting at his best its doubtful he will fight in the way you are describing be serious.

Really?
Because surfer is actually known for using the easiest means of beating his opponent
Like absorbing gamma from hulk
Attacking some guy via the astral plane when physical hits didn't do anything
Overloading energy absorbers
Etc

That's usually his MO
Also when gladiator confronted him, Thats what he threatened him with.

iceman24567
Really?
Because surfer is actually known for using the easiest means of beating his opponent
Like absorbing gamma from hulk
Attacking some guy via the astral plane when physical hits didn't do anything
Overloading energy absorbers
Etc

That's usually his MO
Also when gladiator confronted him, Thats what he threatened him with. Not really most of the time Surfer resorts to dogfights which he does 7/10

DarkSaint85
My theory is that his threat to Glads was to phuck with his self confidence.

Hey, you wanna step up? Go for it, just know I have your Kryptonite right here...

Psych warfare, which affects Glads more than others.

Genii96
Not really most of the time Surfer resorts to dogfights which he does 7/10

Most of his opponents don't have such criticism critical weaknesses. They are usually the usual brick-like with energy attacks etc.

The ones that do however,he has 7/10 taken advantage
Gladiator falls in this category and he had previously threatened to do it too. So it's not OOC

iceman24567
Most of his opponents don't have such criticism critical weaknesses. They are usually the usual brick-like with energy attacks etc.

The ones that do however,he has 7/10 taken advantage
Gladiator falls in this category and he had previously threatened to do it too. So it's not OOC So he's never actually done it to him? thumb up

Genii96
Because gladiator backed down

iceman24567
Still havent presented a reason why Surfer would best Gladiator is seconds other than a statement

DarkSaint85
Which could have been nothing more than Surfer playing mind games with a character known to rely on his mind.

krisblaze
Ice and DS, come on.

Abhi and Genii are in the right here.

iceman24567
Originally posted by krisblaze
Ice and DS, come on.

Abhi and Genii are in the right here. Ha i bet it hurt your soul to type this

krisblaze
Yeah this is it for me...

Sin I AM
Stardust and Glads are nothing. The real fight here is Clark n Norrin

Surtur
Still havent presented a reason why Surfer would best Gladiator is seconds other than a statement

Surfer used cosmic awareness in order to determine which type of radiation Gladiator was specifically weakened by, and said he would produce that radiation if Gladiator didn't back down.

Let us consider things about this statement: does this character have cosmic awareness? Yes. Does he have some sort of energy manipulation or transmutational abilities that would allow him to produce specific types of energy? Yes.

So if Surfer decided to utilize that strategy..why wouldn't he defeat Gladiator very quickly?

krisblaze
Gladiator also has a weakness to "magic".

iirc the shi'ar had these shitty guns that would drop a strotnian in one hit.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Surtur
Surfer used cosmic awareness in order to determine which type of radiation Gladiator was specifically weakened by, and said he would produce that radiation if Gladiator didn't back down.

Let us consider things about this statement: does this character have cosmic awareness? Yes. Does he have some sort of energy manipulation or transmutational abilities that would allow him to produce specific types of energy? Yes.

So if Surfer decided to utilize that strategy..why wouldn't he defeat Gladiator very quickly? I already stated why it is unlikely for him do defeat him quickly by such means.

darthgoober
Not really most of the time Surfer resorts to dogfights which he does 7/10
Most of the time Flash moves slow enough to get hit at least a couple of times... Do you think that means it's more "in character" for him to take hits than dodge everything he can in forum fights?

abhilegend
Originally posted by darthgoober
Most of the time Flash moves slow enough to get hit at least a couple of times... Do you think that means it's more "in character" for him to take hits than dodge everything he can in forum fights?
Yes, why not? Flash isn't invincible.

iceman24567
I knew Flash would be brought into the discussion and from the time it took me to boil some water and come back boom!

abhilegend
Originally posted by Surtur

So if Surfer decided to utilize that strategy..why wouldn't he defeat Gladiator very quickly?
Because Surfer isn't that proficient in EM spectrum manipulation.

Remind me though, where did he use cosmic awareness? Even random skrulls know his radiation weakness and Surfer merely knew that weakness.

darthgoober
I knew Flash would be brought into the discussion and from the time it took me to boil some water and come back boom!
Well that's nice foresight on your part I suppose lol.

But what's your answer to the question?

Surtur
I already stated why it is unlikely for him do defeat him quickly by such means.

But didn't that essentially boil down to "it's not in character" ?

mighty adam
Glads would start feeling like a sissy get knock out early by SS. Then team comsic will gang bang my boy supes. not a fare fight.

Genii96
Because Surfer isn't that proficient in EM spectrum manipulation.

Remind me though, where did he use cosmic awareness? Even random skrulls know his radiation weakness and Surfer merely knew that weakness.

So a guy who is capable of planetary EM feats with a blink. Isn't a proficient EM manipulator?

abhilegend
So a guy who is capable of planetary EM feats with a blink. Isn't a proficient EM manipulator?
Yes. Otherwise can you share the scans where Surfer emits a specific radiation from EM spectrum or changes radiation from one to another?

krisblaze
Row row row your boat

Delta1938
Originally posted by krisblaze
Row row row your boat

Gently down the stream.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.