Judge Dredd vs Blade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dareangel
round 1 they use standard equipment.
round 2 only H2H.

Dareangel
i have noticed thats there is a curse around here. when ever there is a post involving blade nobody respond. why?

staxamillion
me because I seen more blade movies than ive read comics and dredds almost that way too.

dredd could take round 1 easy

round 2 idk toss up/lean towards blade

deathslash
1. dredd probably takes 6/10
2. Blade wrecks him 7-8/10

cdtm
Judge's are supposed to be pretty enhanced themselves.

Comic wise, I believe the crossover's with Batman count on Dredd's end, in which case he pretty much toyed with Bruce. (Was specifically trying to keep him from getting killed, so not really fighting to win, while Batman WAS.)

Then there's the Dark Judge's. They're pretty out there.

Dareangel
where would you put dredd as far as strength?

LGU
Dredd's got a lot of history with vampires and the like, I don't think Blade would offer too much he hasn't beaten the crap out of many times before.

There are certainly some high-end portrayals of Blade where his enhanced stats are played up which would be a bit above Dredd's typical batting range in pure h2h, but there are others where he comes across as far less impressive. I'd back Dredd to at least break even overall, although admittedly I've read a shit-ton more Dredd than Blade.

Cheers.

LGU
Originally posted by cdtm
Judge's are supposed to be pretty enhanced themselves.

Originally posted by Dareangel
where would you put dredd as far as strength?

They aren't superhuman. Most of them are just regular dudes, although they are taken for intensive training at a very early age and clock about 15 years of it before they have their first day on the street.

Dredd is a bit different as he is a clone from as perfect a genetic stock as exists. There's been a few implications down the years that he is something approaching "peak human", although I don't believe that the term carries the same implications as it does in Marvel. He's definitely not as strong or fast as Cap, but he's right up there with every other top unenhanced guy across the board IMHO.

Cheers.

riv6672
Originally posted by LGU
Dredd's got a lot of history with vampires and the like, I don't think Blade would offer too much he hasn't beaten the crap out of many times before.

Cheers.
I hadnt considered that.
Blade's no mook, but his being what he is wont throw Dredd off his game.

Flyattractor
Dredd's punched Actual Dracula in the nose.

He can take this.

deathslash
Originally posted by Flyattractor

He can take this. you're going to have to explain how that's impressive. Blade has staked dracula and wolverine with ease, beaten on a vampire that was overpowering spider-man, beaten a demon lord, casually walked off getting eviscerated, and stomped on deadpool.

Sin I AM
Blades also hard to gauge because he's not a guy that routinely runs around doing team ups or bothers when big bads come knocking. Theyre about even and dont surpass each other dramatically in any particular area. So in rd 1 slight edge to dredd in rd 2 slight edge to blade. I wouldnt be upset to any variation of the outcome. Jus so long as noone says either stomps

riv6672
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Blades also hard to gauge because he's not a guy that routinely runs around doing team ups or bothers when big bads come knocking. Theyre about even and dont surpass each other dramatically in any particular area. So in rd 1 slight edge to dredd in rd 2 slight edge to blade. I wouldnt be upset to any variation of the outcome. Jus so long as noone says either stomps
^ this guy gets it.

Dareangel
Recently dredd beat a predator with his bare fists in a H2H fight. i think that scene at least put him as enhanced level of strength. enhanced as in above peak human. somewhere around the levels of wolverine and captain america.

Galan007
^ Dredd didn't 'beat' the Predator -- it got right back up afterward, and their fight was interrupted before anything else could happen.

That said, Dredd certainly looked like he got the better of it... Which is still a HUGE feat, tbh.

zopzop
Phuck Dredd. Blade FTW.

Dareangel
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Dredd didn't 'beat' the Predator -- it got right back up afterward, and their fight was interrupted before anything else could happen.

That said, Dredd certainly looked like he got the better of it... Which is still a HUGE feat, tbh.

they were exchanging blows and then dredd beat him to the point he was on top of him. basically out pumle him preety good. it was clearly a feat of dredd overpowering a predator in a fist fight. just to make a predator feel your punch takes some real power not to mention out punch one. i think by that feat he was clearly enhanced level.

deathslash
they were exchanging blows and then dredd beat him to the point he was on top of him. basically out pumle him preety good. it was clearly a feat of dredd overpowering a predator in a fist fight. just to make a predator feel your punch takes some real power not to mention out punch one. i think by that feat he was clearly enhanced level. it isn't as cut and dry as that. Dredd was bloodlusted and pissed off that the predator killed one of his fellow judges. He didn't even know that it was a mercy kill. The predator knew that they were on the same side but dredd didn't.

LGU
It's worth pointing out that the first time Dredd went head-to-head with a Predator (in a far more extended battle) he looked competitive but certainly not equal, never mind superior, physically.

As an aside, *that* was a good crossover - so much better than the ongoing Dredd/Pred (and Aliens) story. IDW do a lot of good things these days but they just don't "get" Dredd unfortunately.

Cheers.

Galan007
thumb up

Especially Dredd's current IDW ongoing. It is embarrassingly terrible.

LGU
Originally posted by Flyattractor

He went one better than that - he bit Dracula's nose clean off. "Nobody puts the bite on the law, creep!"

Dredd is awesome.

Cheers.

LGU
Originally posted by deathslash
you're going to have to explain how that's impressive. Blade has staked dracula and wolverine with ease, beaten on a vampire that was overpowering spider-man, beaten a demon lord, casually walked off getting eviscerated, and stomped on deadpool.

Dredd's got high-end combat feats coming out of his ears. He's beaten the literal biblical Satan in one-on-one combat on two separate occasions; killed at least two planetary-level sorcerers/reality warpers; marched into a hell dimension, killed all of the higher demons (who were described as being the psionic templates for all sin on Earth) and forced the whole dimension into a unconditional surrender etc etc.

Of more relevance to this kind of fight is how the two tend to compare against A-list street level types. Dredd's got an exemplary record on that front, including of course the well-known Batman fight (which, for the record, I don't consider to be Dredd's best h2h showing). As I said earlier, there are some showings for Blade I've seen where his stats are played up that I think are a bit beyond Dredd (the Deadpool one springs to mind). But is Blade - on average - portrayed as a guy who would equal the goddamn Batman in straight h2h? I'm not so sure.

Cheers.

cdtm
Batman's nowhere near his best.

But of course, he felt he owed Bruce a favor, and was keeping him from an encounter that would have ended very badly for him.

LGU
Recently dredd beat a predator with his bare fists in a H2H fight. i think that scene at least put him as enhanced level of strength. enhanced as in above peak human. somewhere around the levels of wolverine and captain america.

I don't think any one high-end showing can be considered as elevating a character like that. Dredd is very explicitly not superhuman or enhanced in any way (apart from his eyes which are bionic). He's about as strong as an unenhanced comic human gets, and like all guys in that sort of ballpark (Batman, Daredevil etc) he has feats which would by any real world measure be blatantly superhuman.

At a basic, conceptual level however - and, equally importantly, in terms of average performance levels - he's definitely not as strong as Cap or Wolverine IMHO. He could give either a hell of a fight mind you.

Cheers.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by LGU
He went one better than that - he bit Dracula's nose clean off. "Nobody puts the bite on the law, creep!"

Dredd is awesome.

Cheers.

Thats right he did....I forgot about that bit.

Dareangel
Originally posted by deathslash
it isn't as cut and dry as that. Dredd was bloodlusted and pissed off that the predator killed one of his fellow judges. He didn't even know that it was a mercy kill. The predator knew that they were on the same side but dredd didn't.

when people fight they are usually pissed. secondly we can see the predator fighting back which means he wasnt just standing and recieving the beating its not in their character and not in the scan.

Dareangel
i think dredd wins the first one. second one is tought and i think its even.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.