Rank the Top 10 Ancient Sith Lords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AncientPower
I'm interested to see how opinions here could vary, this is mine:

1.Sith Emperor Vitiate.
2.Exar Kun.
3.Freedon Nadd.
4.Marka Ragnos/Tulak Hord.
5.Tulak Hord/Marka Ragnos.
6.Ulic Qel-Droma.
7.Naga Sadow.
8.Ajunta Pall.
9.Karness Muur.
10.Ludo Kressh.

What is your list?

ares834
1. Valkorion
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Karness Muur
5. Naga Sadow

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
1. Valkorion
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Karness Muur
5. Naga Sadow
Nadd?

ares834
I didn't consider him as he is pretty much impossible to rank. Worst case scenario, I guess he could take the #5 slot from Sadow.

DarthAnt66
He's stated to be far more powerful than Sadow.

AncientPower
He's far more powerful than Sadow a full century before his prime, a century he spent getting much more powerful. That's a level of vast superiority over Sadow that Ragnos himself has never been stated to have.

Ant, what's your's?

ares834
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
He's stated to be far more powerful than Sadow.

Yes, I know. Hence why I said that worst case, he could take Sadow's spot. Now whether he is more powerful than Muur or not is, well, impossible to say.

AncientPower
Muur's not as powerful as Pall, who is a lesser Dark Lord than Ragnos, who doesn't have such a huge power edge over Sadow as Nadd does. I understand if you disagree though.

The Merchant
Vitiate.
Exar Kun.
Tulak Hord.
Marka Ragnos.
Freedon Nadd.
Ulic. (?)
Naga Sadow.
Ludo Kressh.
Ajunta Pall.
Karness Muur.

ares834
Originally posted by AncientPower
Muur's not as powerful as Pall, who is a lesser Dark Lord than Ragnos, who doesn't have such a huge power edge over Sadow as Nadd does. I understand if you disagree though.

First, Nadd is "far more powerful" than spirit Sadow. I'm not inclined to give him such superiority over prime Sadow.

Secondly, I'm not convinced Pall is greater than Muur. Initially he was the leader of the Exiles, sure. But quite frankly, I've never seen anything from Pall to impress me.

DarthAnt66
1. Vitiate
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Freedon Nadd
5. Tulak Hord
6. Naga Sadow
7. Ludo Kressh
8. Ajunta Pall
9. Sorzus Syn
10. Karness Muur

IMO.

Jmanghan
1. Vitiate
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Freedon Nadd
5. Tulak Hord
6. Naga Sadow
7. Ludo Kressh
8. Ajunta Pall
9. Sorzus Syn
10. XoXaan

IMO. Murr?

DarthAnt66

AncientPower
First, Nadd is "far more powerful" than spirit Sadow. I'm not inclined to give him such superiority over prime Sadow.

Secondly, I'm not convinced Pall is greater than Muur. Initially he was the leader of the Exiles, sure. But quite frankly, I've never seen anything from Pall to impress me.

A common misconception, Sadow was in stasis for centuries until Freedon Nadd arrived, he learned everything Sadow had to offer and then killed him. Sadow's spirit remained until he possessed Eison Gynt, where his spirit was finally destroyed by Ovair. If Nadd had destroyed his spirit, then Sadow couldn't have possessed Gynt.

There are contradictions but the only logical series of events is the aforementioned one, which is also stated to be what happened. Therefore Nadd did become far more powerful than a Naga Sadow in stasis not Spirit!Sadow. Then he became much more powerful over his century of rule on Onderon.

DarthAnt66
Actually, I'd rank him above XoXaan.

Ten. thumb up

ares834
The very quote that says Nadd become more powerful than Sadow mentions Sadow as a spirit. Beyond that the quote doesn't state that he destroyed Sadow's spirit but that it was merely "thought" that he did. So there is no contradiction with the SWTOR content.

AncientPower
Whilst you are right, we have a long series of quotes stating this:

So him already being a spirit at that point has to have been retconned, Nadd becoming more powerful than him however remains fact.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. Kun

AncientPower
I could definitely agree with the Sith Entity statement.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, I just don't consider the Eternal Emperor of Zakuul to be an Ancient Sith Lord, despite his being much older than Kun and the like. Didn't really bear the torch like Nadd/Kun did.

ares834
And we have plenty stating otherwise. In fact, of the quotes you've posted, only one specifically mentions Sadow being killed by Nadd and it's from an in-universe journal. Most of the others simply state he goes into stasis which does not preclude the possibilty of Nadd being trained by Sadow's spirit. After all, the Dark Side Sourcebook says Sadow went into suspended animation but then mentions Nadd "awakening Sadow's dark spirit". It's far from cut and dry.

AncientPower
I guess we won't ever really have a definitive answer, but the fact remains, even if he's a spirit, the fact that he's already far more powerful before he gets far more powerful himself is pretty indicative.

Azronger
1. Valkorion
2. Exar Kun
3. Freedon Nadd
4. Marka Ragnos
5. Ajunta Pall
6. Sorzus Syn
7. Karness Muur
8. Remulus Dreypa
9. Ulic Qel-Droma
10.Tulak Hord
11. Naga Sadow

SunRazer
If people are following Sadow's "most powerful" accolades, then he's above Hord.

What happened to the belief that Nadd was subservient to Ragnos? Mind you, I didn't find any evidence of it either, but when did the theory evaporate?

UCanShootMyNova
Probably around the time Vitiate shed his limitations.

The Merchant
Nadd being a servant to Ragnos from what I can tell was some belief held by KMC way back in 2005, and from reading the comics there's really nothing that indicates he was a servant to him at all. Only implication I got was how Ragnos was the Dark Lord of the Sith when Kun and Ulic became Sith. Of course IIRC Tales of the Jedi before the Golden age of the Sith arcs were written with the intentions that Sadow wasn't a Dark Lord but rather a mere Sith Magician who was exiled by the Dark Lords, but ofc that was retconn'd.

Beniboybling
Good point.

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
If people are following Sadow's "most powerful" accolades, then he's above Hord.

What happened to the belief that Nadd was subservient to Ragnos? Mind you, I didn't find any evidence of it either, but when did the theory evaporate?

What accolades does Sadow have?

SunRazer
The one I was referring to before is like Ragnos'. Vague quotes about being the "greatest" of the Ancient Sith Lords, and it's a character opinion anyway.

Azronger
The one where a guy says that he's the greatest who's buried on Korriban? That's worth jack shit, lol.

SunRazer
Didn't say it was particularly salient, just that if it was being used, it'd apply to Hord as well.

But pretty much nobody here believes it, as you can tell by the people who rank Ragnos and Hord above Sadow.

relentless1
since its a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...arent all the Sith Lords technically ancient??? shifty

Ursumeles
1. Vitiate
2. Exar Kun
3. Marka Ragnos
4. Freddon Nadd
5. Ajunta Pall
6. Sorzus Syn
7./8. Naga Sadow/Karness Muur
7./8. Naga Sadow/Karness Muur
9. Ludo Kressh
10. Remulus Dreypa

Not including Hord and Droma

Ursumeles
Bump

Azronger
1. Valkorion
2. Exar Kun
3. Ulic Qel-Droma
4. Freedon Nadd
5. Marka Ragnos
6. Ajunta Pall
7. Karness Muur
8. Remulus Dreypa
9. Naga Sadow
10. Tulak Hord

Stealth Moose
Why is Ulic, a Force novice, rated so highly?

What criteria are you using here?

NewGuy01
Some statement or another.

Azronger
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Why is Ulic, a Force novice, rated so highly?

What criteria are you using here?

Canonical statements declaring him to be second only to Kun.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Azronger
Moose doesn't care about canon bro

TheMuser
Moose, I can give ya some Dank scaling if ya want, all ya gotta do is ask.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by TheMuser
Moose, I can give ya some Dank scaling if ya want, all ya gotta do is ask.
more dankful than the imaginary scaling that leads moose to think kun>Sids?

Doubtful

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by Azronger

In his own era, sure.

But Ulic was a relative Force newb in the ways of the Sith. Ranking him higher than bonafide ancient Sith Lords is just ridiculous.

The Merchant
Ragnos
Hord
Sadow
Pall
Adas
Kun
Ludo
Nadd
Muur
Ulic

No real order.

Haschwalth
So, i'm guessing Kotor characters don't apply under this list?

Geistalt
1. Valkorion
2. Darth Nihilus
3. Exar Kun
4. Darth Revan
5. Ulic Qel-Droma
6. Marka Ragnos
7. Tulak Hord
8. Darth Malak
9. Ajunta Pall
10. Karness Muur

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Geistalt

5. Ulic Qel-Droma

6. Marka Ragnos

8. Darth Malak

10. Karness Muur

kek tho

Haschwalth
1.Valkorian
2.Revan the returned(SOR)
3.Exar Kun
4.Darth Malak
5.Freedon Nadd
6.Marka Ragnos
7.Tulak Hord
8.Ulic
9.Ajunta pall
10.naga sadow
11.Karness Muur.

I'd probably have Vaylin around 5.

Rockydonovang
vaylin's more powerful than revan yea

NewGuy01
Vaylin isn't a Sith Lord, and if she were she'd be well above Darth Malak. laughing out loud

S_W_LeGenD
Vaylin, Valkorion, Arcann and Revan (Dark) are Sith Lords. Get your facts straight, people.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Haschwalth
1.Valkorian
2.Revan the returned(SOR)
3.Exar Kun
4.Darth Malak
5.Freedon Nadd
6.Marka Ragnos
7.Tulak Hord
8.Ulic
9.Ajunta pall
10.naga sadow
11.Karness Muur.

I'd probably have Vaylin around 5.

I'd argue just about everyone you have below Malak is above Malak. erm

deathslash
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, I just don't consider the Eternal Emperor of Zakuul to be an Ancient Sith Lord, despite his being much older than Kun and the like. Didn't really bear the torch like Nadd/Kun did. he was a selfish, lying jerkass that siezed power for himself using betrayal, sorcery, and other sith techniques. How does that not constitute being a sith lord?

Not trying to argue, I'm just wondering.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Vaylin isn't a Sith Lord, and if she were she'd be well above Darth Malak. laughing out loud
good point, and yes she would be

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vaylin, Valkorion, Arcann and Revan (Dark) are Sith Lords. Get your facts straight, people.

Vitiate and Revan were both Sith Lords, at one time or another. The others obviously weren't.

JKBart
1. Vitiate (?)
2. Exar Kun
3. Freedon Nadd
4. Ulic Qel-Droma
5. Karness Muur
6. Ajunta Pall
7. Darth Revan
8. Naga Sadow
9. Remulus Dreypa
10. Marka Ragnos

Haschwalth
1.Vitiate
2.Exar Kun
3.Darth Revan
4.Darth Malak
5.Marka ragnos
6.Freedon nadd
7.Ulic
8.Tulak hord
9.Ajunta pall
10.Naga Sadow

godemperortrump
1. Valkorion (Even if he isn't considered a Sith)
2. Exar Kun
3. Freedon Nadd
4. Ulic Qel-Droma

Everyone is irrelevant

Ursumeles
1. Darth Maul

Bergmar
1. Valkorion
2. Nihilus
3. Revan
4. Traya
5. Marka Ragnos
6. Tulak Hord
7. Nox
8. Malgus
9. Freedon Nadd
10. Nyriss

NewGuy01
when does ancient even stop being ancient tbh

it all happened a long time ago

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.