composite human scenario!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ghostman
if you were to stack the speed, strength, intelligence , endurance, senses, mental tenacity and fortitude AND the durability of every human on the planet and put them into a composite body thats capable of using its abilities to its fullest potential, who is the strongest possible being he can defeat in combat?

1.comics only

2.all of fiction

ghostman
bump

ghostman
https://media.giphy.com/media/UxREcFThpSEqk/giphy.gif

Badabing
laughing out loud

You are asking people to determine the speed, strength, intelligence, endurance, senses, etc. of 7.35 billion people. My guess is it would take IG level to beat the sum of humanity in one being. srug

Cogito
Probably couldn't beat most high heralds

Mindship
Let's look at strength. The average man can military press about 80-100 pounds. But since we're also factoring in women and children (and babies? -- "every human on the planet"wink, this number should be much, MUCH lower. However, for argument's sake, let's say an 'average' press of 50 pounds.

50 lbs x 7 billion (round-off) = 350 billion pounds = 175 million tons. This is "high megaton" strength (ie, lifting =/> 100 million tons but < a billion tons). This is a mountain-lifter, hardly on par with a planet-pusher.

Speed. Average man can run about 20-25 mph. But again, factoring in women, children and babies ("every human on the planet"wink, significantly lessens this, but let's say 10 mph.

10 mph x 7 billion = 70 billion mph = about 100x lightspeed. Now we have something here...except that we're simply amping human ability with no special provisions (eg, no speedforce), so this Composite Human could not even reach lightspeed. At best, s/he is "high kilosonic" (can reach Mach 100,000+, but less than Mach 900,000 ,ie, lightspeed).

Durability? The Composite Human would have to be tough enough to lift a mountain and withstand high-speed effects (like friction with the air, inertial control, relativisitic effects). Very hard to judge this, so let's just say our CH could withstand explosions equal to big asteroid impacts: "high atom" durability. Maybe low-nova durability (can withstand being inside a star short of the core).

So, just looking at these three factors, *Composito* has --
-- high-megaton strength
-- high-kilosonic speed
-- high-atom/low-nova durability

IMO, Composito is not beating any high heralds. Low? Mid? Don't rightly know.

Fun with numbers. smokin'

ghostman
Originally posted by Mindship
Let's look at strength. The average man can military press about 80-100 pounds. But since we're also factoring in women and children (and babies? -- "every human on the planet"wink, this number should be much, MUCH lower. However, for argument's sake, let's say an 'average' press of 50 pounds.

50 lbs x 7 billion (round-off) = 350 billion pounds = 175 million tons. This is "high megaton" strength (ie, lifting =/> 100 million tons but < a billion tons). This is a mountain-lifter, hardly on par with a planet-pusher.

Speed. Average man can run about 20-25 mph. But again, factoring in women, children and babies ("every human on the planet"wink, significantly lessens this, but let's say 10 mph.

10 mph x 7 billion = 70 billion mph = about 100x lightspeed. Now we have something here...except that we're simply amping human ability with no special provisions (eg, no speedforce), so this Composite Human could not even reach lightspeed. At best, s/he is "high kilosonic" (can reach Mach 100,000+, but less than Mach 900,000 ,ie, lightspeed).

Durability? The Composite Human would have to be tough enough to lift a mountain and withstand high-speed effects (like friction with the air, inertial control, relativisitic effects). Very hard to judge this, so let's just say our CH could withstand explosions equal to big asteroid impacts: "high atom" durability. Maybe low-nova durability (can withstand being inside a star short of the core).

So, just looking at these three factors, *Composito* has --
-- high-megaton strength
-- high-kilosonic speed
-- high-atom/low-nova durability

IMO, Composito is not beating any high heralds. Low? Mid? Don't rightly know.

ooooooooOOOOO now this is what im looking for!! lets just go ahead and throw the laws of physiques out the window for the sake of making the composite man as strong as possible. also youre stacking the attributes so why would you lessen the results?

riv6672
More like crap with numbers, as you're lowballing everything because there are women and children involved.

That said, Marvel's Collective Man gives some idea of what might come of this, at least physically.
With the combined strength of 10 Thousand people he managed to get Sasquatch up offa him:

http://i.imgur.com/EyvGBYR.jpg

There are 7 Billion people on the world, so, thats the above feat multiplied by 7 Hundred Thousand.
Collective Man could only channel the above power briefly, while Ghostman's character'd have 7 Hundred Thousand times that power as a norm.

Not sure how the other stats he's asking about (speed, intelligence, endurance, senses, mental tenacity and fortitude) factor in, but they're likely to be similarly multiplied.

So, a strong, fast, smart, durable brick. Characters with more varied power sets beating him isnt out of the question.

Mindship
Originally posted by ghostman
ooooooooOOOOO now this is what im looking for!! lets just go ahead and throw the laws of physiques out the window for the sake of making the composite man as strong as possible. also youre stacking the attributes so why would you lessen the results?
Originally posted by riv6672
More like crap with numbers, as you're lowballing everything because there are women and children involved.

As the OP said: "every human on the planet". Every human. That doesn't mean just men. It means Every Single Human Being on the Planet. That includes babies and seniors: people well before and well after their physical prime.

As an example, for simplicity's sake: 1 man can lift (military press) 100 lbs. 1 woman can lift 50 lbs (the average woman has about half the upper-body muscle mass of the average man). One 1-yr-old (eg) can lift 5(?) lbs. This gives us 3 peeps lifting a total of 155 lbs, averaging 52 lbs/person.

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

EDIT: I just realized I wasn't even counting the sick, malnourished or injured. "Every human on the planet" takes in a very wide range of
variables.

Perhaps the OP should've said "every male in their physical prime"? Then all we'd need is the estimated number of men-in-their-prime to calc with.

Sin I AM
Too many variables but mindship has the best answer

riv6672
No, he doesnt.

He's averaging out, (and thereby lowballing) when he shouldnt be.

I can press about 275 over my head, him 100 you 50. Thats 425 pounds between us. Not an average between us. He's short changing everyone.

Edit:
OP is asking an abstract question that can best be answered by using a character who's power is what the OP is referring to, at least insofar as strength is concerned.
10 Thousand people (no mention of age gender infirmity) put Collective Man in a 90-100 ton range.
Pretty cut and dried.

Cogito
Speed. Average man can run about 20-25 mph.
I'm with you on everything except this. Usain Bolt's speed record is 27.8 mph, so I would say the average is well below 20-25

riv6672
Again with the averages. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But, as i dont know any character who can do what Collective Man does with speed, i'll just roll my eyes and move on, with the speed.

Cogito
I can press about 275 over my head, him 100 you 50. Thats 425 pounds between us. Not an average between us. He's short changing everyone.

Sum = Average * Number of People

It's not short changing anyone...it's the literal definition of an average... confused

Your scenario is just a not so realistic average of 140 lbs. When you consider that half the population is female, developing countries have a population skewing towards younger children, many developed countries have very much aging populations, etc., your average is just not realistic.

riv6672
I totes see what you're saying, though i disagree.

If anything, my scan gives a way better/more concrete "average" and is being ignored.
But thats fine. Me being right isnt dependent on anyone understanding that fact.
This was a fun question to mull over. Dont have anything else to add, having correctly answered it. smile

staxamillion
i think Riv's way would be better for this simulation if we are making a composite of the globe not an average.

tho i think there are more women in the world than man not just half.

Sin I AM
No, he doesnt.

He's averaging out, (and thereby lowballing) when he shouldnt be.

Edit:
OP is asking an abstract question that can best be answered by using a character who's power is what the OP is referring to, at least insofar as strength is concerned.
10 Thousand people (no mention of age gender infirmity) put Collective Man in a 90-100 ton range.
Pretty cut and dried.

Yea, he does.

The only way to get a fair estimate is to average.

Youre lowballing me as i can military press a whole lot more than 50 phuckin lbs. I also highly doubt u can press 275. That's elite level but whatevs..

Cogito
Originally posted by staxamillion
i think Riv's way would be better for this simulation if we are making a composite of the globe not an average.

facepalm

Are schools that bad these days that they don't explain averages?

Christ, a composite is an average * the number of people. You're saying the same thing

Mindship
Originally posted by Cogito
I'm with you on everything except this. Usain Bolt's speed record is 27.8 mph, so I would say the average is well below 20-25 Actually you're probably right. I forgot to factor in how fast toddlers or seniors could run. And also, over what distance. I imagine Mr. Bolt's speed would be less running a marathon (I was thinking in terms of a sprint).

Too many variables. Sample population should be limited to (eg) able-bodied males in their prime.

----------------------------------------------

Also, for what it's worth...

Back in the day, I could m-press well over my bodyweight of 150 lbs, and according to a book on weightlifting I had read back then, pressing one's bodyweight was something only 1 in a 100,000 could do. But even if it was only 1 in 1000, or 1 in 100, that's still way above average and you definitely would not multiple what I could do x 7 bil. And these days, from what friends in the medical field tell me, the average person my age (that's 60, folks) has trouble doing a single, frickin' leg raise. Unbelievable.

staxamillion
a composite is an amalgam not an average even in mathematics

Henry_Pym
Unless are collective evolves some sore of blanket durability we still die to slot of non bricks.

Cogito
Originally posted by staxamillion
a composite is an amalgam not an average even in mathematics

Obviously. The average is being used as the basis to calculate the sum.

You know the # of terms (aka population: ~7 Billion).

Sum = Average * # Terms

Sum = Average * 7 Billion

So, I could either forget averages and pull a figure for the sum out of my ass, or you could far more easily estimate an average based on some measure of reason.

staxamillion
that would be easier but that's not what i thought the OP was asking.

Cogito
you use the average to find the sum, as Mindship already did facepalm

staxamillion
From the OP

Cogito
That's just referencing the speed issue of Mindship limiting the composite to lightspeed.

Silent Master
The question becomes, how fast/strong would a senior or kid be if they didn't have to carry around their body weight.

Plus I think it's the stacked intelligence that would make the character the most dangerous.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Silent Master

Plus I think it's the stacked intelligence that would make the character the most dangerous.

You're giving humanity wayyyyy too much credit here

Silent Master
Originally posted by Sin I AM
You're giving humanity wayyyyy too much credit here

Not really, even if you lowered everyone to an iq of 1, that is still a character with a iq of over 7 billion.

Cogito
Not really, even if you lowered everyone to an iq of 1, that is still a character with a iq of over 7 billion.

That's...not how IQ works...

1. By definition, the average IQ is 100, so we don't need to guess at that.

2. IQ is based on a standard deviation from the norm, not by any quantitative analysis. Therefore, and also by definition, you also can't just stack it.

Example #1: Someone with an IQ of 50 would be considered very severely mentally retarded. Stack two people who can't add 2+2 and you don't get an average person.

Example #2: The likes of Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein, and Isaac Newton are said to have IQs in the 160-200ish range**. You can't stack two average people and make a Newton, sorry. Nor can you stack three or four of the above mentioned "2+2"ers and invent calculus.

** based on estimates because two of them are long dead and one of them isn't running around taking IQ tests for internet trolls. Also there are a dozen+ IQ tests that vary to some degree

Silent Master
None of this is possible in real life. why don't you just ask the op how he intended the intelligence stack to work.

Sin I AM
☝. We arent that much more intelligent than we were a hundred uears ago. We just adapted to our surroundings. Id wager that we are infact dumber due to a lack of drive for invention and loss of hunter/gatherer skills

Cogito
None of this is possible in real life. why don't you just ask the op how he intended the intelligence stack to work.

I'm not saying that you can't stack intelligence, I'm just saying you can't multiple IQ by the population, because that's now how the measure of IQ works.

IQ is just the wrong term to be using. What you want is some measure of simultaneous calculations, memory, creativity, etc. Then you can say "Person A can perform X calculations per second, person B can perform Y calculations per second, combine them and amalgam person can perform X+Y calculations per second". Only problem is we don't have a way to measure such a thing, so best you can do is think about the combined human intellect in abstract terms.

Cogito
☝. We arent that much more intelligent than we were a hundred uears ago. We just adapted to our surroundings. Id wager that we are infact dumber due to a lack of drive for invention and loss of hunter/gatherer skills

It's not by a huge amount, but we are (on average) smarter than we were 100 years ago. That's not a product of evolution, as there haven't been enough generations to affect that, but almost entirely due to better nutrition. Can't vouch for any changes in creativity or motivation, however.

Silent Master
I'm not saying that you can't stack intelligence, I'm just saying you can't multiple IQ by the population, because that's now how the measure of IQ works.

IQ is just the wrong term to be using. What you want is some measure of simultaneous calculations, memory, creativity, etc. Then you can say "Person A can perform X calculations per second, person B can perform Y calculations per second, combine them and amalgam person can perform X+Y calculations per second". Only problem is we don't have a way to measure such a thing, so best you can do is think about the combined human intellect in abstract terms.

Again, why don't you just ask the op how he wants the stack to work.

Cogito
Again, why don't you just ask the op how he wants the stack to work.

It's not that you can't stack intelligence, it's that by definition you can't stack IQ.

Let's compare this for a second to strength. Let's pretend that the average person can bench 100 lbs. How many can bench twice that - 200 lbs? Probably a lot. Probably enough to count millions of them. How many can bench 300 lbs? Probably still millions, or hundreds of thousands at least.

The average person has an IQ of 100. That's defined. How many people have an IQ of 200? One in 76 billion. That's also defined, because an IQ of 200 is defined by being 6.66 standard deviations above the norm, which is a defined and calculable figure. An IQ of 100 is simply not defined by being double an IQ of 100.

Silent Master
It's not that you can't stack intelligence, it's that by definition you can't stack IQ.

Let's compare this for a second to strength. Let's pretend that the average person can bench 100 lbs. How many can bench twice that - 200 lbs? Probably a lot. Probably enough to count millions of them. How many can bench 300 lbs? Probably still millions, or hundreds of thousands at least.

The average person has an IQ of 100. That's defined. How many people have an IQ of 200? One in 76 billion. That's also defined, because an IQ of 200 is defined by being 6.66 standard deviations above the norm, which is a defined and calculable figure. An IQ of 100 is simply not defined by being double an IQ of 100.

Again, none of this is possible in real life, we have zero idea of what would actually happen, so if you care so much why don't you just ask the Op how he intended the intelligence stack to work.

Cogito
You're asking me to ask the Op to define a definition...g007-psyduck

Silent Master
No, I'm not.

Cogito
If you don't want me to ask the Op if he wants to multiply IQ (which would be redefining the definition of IQ), then what clarification do you want?

I already acknowledged that you can stack intelligence, just that you can't do it in terms of IQ. There is no current measure that encompasses the entirety of intelligence in an additive way, so it can only be thought of abstractly.

Silent Master
I'm don't want or need any clarification.

Cogito
Cool, so you're just being difficult to be an ass thumb up

Silent Master
I'm not the one being difficult.

Cogito
Once upon a time providing facts and evidence on these boards was...expected. Welcomed, even. Those who refused all facts and reason were called trolls.

Guess the times have changed...

Sorry Sin - I was wrong. Average intelligence is definitely on a downward spiral erm

TethAdamTheRock
30x7.5 Billion 225 Billion

7x7.5 Billion 52 Billion

Probably super boy prime

Silent Master
Stacking intelligence isn't possible, so there are no facts to provide. everything you said boils down to we can only talk in the abstract, well guess what, iq's of 7 billion don't exist either, so we'd still be talking in the abstract.

abhilegend
Oh don't mind Snake-eyes aka Silent Master. If there was an award for being a passive aggressive troll, he'd be the number one of all time.

Cogito
Ok, so you're acknowledging that the 7 billion IQ figure is pretty much arbitrary.

Let's move on to something more important - what the composite does with said intelligence. Let's pretend that the composite has unlimited intelligence. What does it do with that intelligence in a prep-less fight that turns the tide, because Mindship already demonstrated that the composite is only around mountain-level strength, which is well below the likes of a Superman or Hulk.

Mindship
☝. We arent that much more intelligent than we were a hundred uears ago. We just adapted to our surroundings. Id wager that we are in fact dumber due to a lack of drive for invention and loss of hunter/gatherer skills I would think a post-truth era would not bode well for intelligence.

Silent Master
It took you this long to figure out that a score that doesn't exist in the real world is by it's very nature arbitrary?

Cogito
It took you this long to figure out that a score that doesn't exist in the real world is by it's very nature arbitrary? Just because it's a man-made measure doesn't mean you weren't using it wrong thumb up

DarkSaint85
You guys are all idiots.

My composite human has 7billion people's worth of teeth, and bites the phuck out of every HH there is.

The stomach acid also stacks, so I digest them.

Silent Master
Just because it's a man-made measure doesn't mean you weren't using it wrong thumb up

I wasn't using it as an exact measure, I was just expressing the abstract by using IQ numbers as most people are familiar with them and would thus understand the point I was making. that point being that someone with the combined intelligence of 7 billion people would be >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> even the smartest person currently alive.

Sin I AM
It's not by a huge amount, but we are (on average) smarter than we were 100 years ago. That's not a product of evolution, as there haven't been enough generations to affect that, but almost entirely due to better nutrition. Can't vouch for any changes in creativity or motivation, however.

I dont think we are more intelligent honestly. I just think education is a more widespread human "need" as opposed to a century ago. If you took an average person and plucked him in the 15th century its not as if hed usher in the industrial revolution.

StiltmanFTW

That said, Marvel's Collective Man gives some idea of what might come of this, at least physically.
With the combined strength of 10 Thousand people he managed to get Sasquatch up offa him:

http://i.imgur.com/EyvGBYR.jpg

CM's most impressive feat, perhaps, is damaging Walker's pre-Pym upgrade vibranium shield with a single hit.

Sin I AM
I would think a post-truth era would not bode well for intelligence.

That's politics though which by definiton is the antithesis to intelligence

DarkSaint85
MY composite human will have the hair of 7 billion people.

ghostman
so this composite human would be a ftl mountain buster that can tank small nova level explosions? nice, very ****ing nice LOL

DarkSaint85
so this composite human would be a ftl mountain buster that can tank small nova level explosions? nice, very ****ing nice LOL

With lots of teeth.

riv6672
facepalm

Are schools that bad these days that they don't explain averages?

Christ, a composite is an average * the number of people. You're saying the same thing
I know what averages are, Cog.
What i'm referring to is cumulative weight.
My way, my 275, your pansy 100 and the other 50 gives the character 425lbs. Your way we "average" 150+lbs.
all i'm saying is the way to make the character as strong as possible would be to add up what each person on earth could actually lift.

That, of course is an impossibility for us.

However, if an average must be used, yours is way low. Marvel gave us a good one to use in the scan i posted. 10K humans = 100tons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.