How powerful are the Inquisitors?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

|King Joker|
This thread is going to be discussed from a canon perspective.

Vote in the poll and discuss below.

|King Joker|
When I say "Jedi ____ level", I mean your average Jedi _____ that you would have found during the PT.

DarthDuelist9
They shown to be powerful and apparently skilled although obviously not on the level of one of the better Jedi (Obi-Wan, Mace, Anakin,...) perhaps the best of them could be around the level of Fisto, Plo,... which is still pretty high (depends on how you take the "best Inquisitor = almost Ventress level" quote though.

SunRazer
Knight-level, probably. Aren't they said to be inferior to Masters or something? Or that the GI was capped at Master-level or something along those lines.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
Knight-level, probably. Aren't they said to be inferior to Masters or something? Or that the GI was capped at Master-level or something along those lines.

Filoni commented on how the GI would need help against Obi-Wan because he's a Jedi Master but then again, he could be aiming at the more renowned masters since not every master is superior to a Knight for example or how the best of the Inquisitors would be just beneath Ventress who herself has proven to be better than most Jedi in TCW.

|King Joker|
I know that it definitely wouldn't make sense for Inquisitors to be below Jedi Knight level. How stupid would it be for Vader to have his hunters to be an inferior combatant to the most likely opponent they'd be facing?

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Filoni commented on how the GI would need help against Obi-Wan because he's a Jedi Master but then again, he could be aiming at the more renowned masters since not every master is superior to a Knight for example or how the best of the Inquisitors would be just beneath Ventress who herself has proven to be better than most Jedi in TCW.

The GI's also better than the other Inquisitors, though.

Beniboybling
Meh, all these options kinda equate to fodder.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Meh, all these options kinda equate to fodder. True, lol

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by SunRazer
The GI's also better than the other Inquisitors, though.

Yeah, but by much? Nothing we've seen so far indicates that the difference is huge.

|King Joker|
The G.I. would probably tool the Fifth Brother in lightsaber combat, tbh.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
The G.I. would probably tool the Fifth Brother in lightsaber combat, tbh.

But the Fifth Brother stalemated Ahsoka so he's obviously better ;p In all seriousness, sure but I was talking more about the Seventh Sister and perhaps the Eight Brother who seemed more competent than the Fifth Brother.

TenebrousWay
I'd say the GI can defeat a good number of non martial Jedi Masters, while the others are above average Knight level.

McP
3 of them could not overhelmed Maul... who passed his prime. If it would be Maul, in a time, when his power was... almost absolute, he would have bested them all. Low-level Jedi Knight I would say

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by McP
3 of them could not overhelmed Maul... who passed his prime. If it would be Maul, in a time, when his power was... almost absolute, he would have bested them all. Low-level Jedi Knight I would say

Maul's far above your average Jedi Master, even in Rebels, so I highly doubt the Inquisitors performance against him can be used against them.

Zenwolf
I'm not sure where you guys are getting these rankings, since they couldn't even beat Kanan/Ezra. Or well I guess moreso Ezra, Kanan at least has the excuse of being a former member of the JO even if he hadn't touched his lightsaber in years.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I'm not sure where you guys are getting these rankings, since they couldn't even beat Kanan/Ezra. Or well I guess moreso Ezra, Kanan at least has the excuse of being a former member of the JO even if he hadn't touched his lightsaber in years.

They were handily defeating them in early to mid season 2, it's only by the end of the season that the Jedi can hold their own and even then, Kanan was one of the best students at the Temple and Ezra's supposed to be even better than that so it's no shame that the Jedi could eventually defeat/stalemate them.

Zenwolf
They were handily defeating them in early to mid season 2, it's only by the end of the season that the Jedi can hold their own and even then, Kanan was one of the best students at the Temple and Ezra's supposed to be even better than that so it's no shame that the Jedi could eventually defeat/stalemate them.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I only recall them fighting in the beginning of S2 where they were running to their ship and then the last episode. I don't recall them being defeated early-mid season.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by McP

They were flanking him from either side while the Seventh Sister held him in place after about a minute. Not a bad performance at all.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I only recall them fighting in the beginning of S2 where they were running to their ship and then the last episode. I don't recall them being defeated early-mid season.

Future of the Force was episode 8/9 so that's what I'm referring to

Zenwolf
Future of the Force was episode 8/9 so that's what I'm referring to

Oh right.

RHaggis
Unless your name is the Grand Inquisitor, not very...

DarthDuelist9
Well the Seventh Sister and Fifth Brother were raising a 100m temple so that's a feat which places them above a vast amount of characters, they're not fodder or unimpressive.

ares834
Depends on the Inq.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.